• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier vs Batesville

Started by The_Pioneer, November 15, 2014, 07:25:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 21, 2014, 11:08:43 pm
BTW, how about that 42 yard chip shot from OZ!  High, dead center, and it looked like it had 10+ yards to spare :). What fun it has been watching him kick the past several years, from 8th-12th grade.  BTW2 - his name was also in the local paper tonight in the BHS Honor Roll report All A's for Oz.

+1! Was he on the varsity team in 2011 as a 9th grader? Seemed like I remembered a great kicker from that year when V played them in the 1st rd.

Jayepea

Vilonia played PA in the 1st round in 2011. It was our most recent playoff appearance. Iyg must be thinking of a diff. year

Intelligentsia

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 21, 2014, 11:10:32 pm
BTW, how about that 42 yard chip shot from OZ!  High, dead center, and it looked like it had 10+ yards to spare :). What fun it has been watching him kick the past several years, from 8th-12th grade.  BTW2 - his name was also in the local paper tonight in the BHS Honor Roll report All A's for Oz.

+1! Was he on the varsity team in 2011 as a 9th grader? Seemed like I remembered a great kicker from that year when V played them in the 1st rd.

I want to say that's correct, but I'll let a younger Pioneer poster say for sure.  I'm becoming more of a big picture guy; relying less on detail recall:). I do know that our Jr. High coach always went for  2 before Oz, but changed that when he came along.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 21, 2014, 11:20:57 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 21, 2014, 11:10:32 pm

I want to say that's correct, but I'll let a younger Pioneer poster say for sure.  I'm becoming more of a big picture guy; relying less on detail recall:). I do know that our Jr. High coach always went for  2 before Oz, but changed that when he came along.

If I am not mistaken, Mario Garcia was the HS kicker before Oz came along.

Jayepea

I'm wrong PA beat Vilonia 1st rd in '12 didn't make the post season '11

Jayepea

November 21, 2014, 11:32:07 pm #105 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:34:47 pm by Jayepea
'11 was MA25's jr year when he took over in the wildcat & beat GB. Sax sr year. I believe it cost GB home field in the playoffs.

Playoffs??

pantherblue

You are right IYG.  7 fg's and we could have went into OT with Batesville.  We need a kicker for sure.

Intelligentsia

When I looked up at the scoreboard after the first GB TD; something about 14-6 did not look so bad.  Something about that single point (between 6&7) that looks larger than just one point.  My point, of course, is the mental impact of kicking off after a TD with 6 on the board rather than 7 or 8.  Maybe after this season the Coach can get out to the soccer field and do a little recruiting.  Batesville won't have another Oz anytime soon but I sure like the idea of a kid that can give you a pretty sure point after and a great chance for a 15-20 FG.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Jayepea on November 21, 2014, 11:32:07 pm
'11 was MA25's jr year when he took over in the wildcat & beat GB. Sax sr year. I believe it cost GB home field in the playoffs.

Playoffs??

JP, you are right, thanks. MA was a stud player as well!  I always think of my oldest son playing his last game as the year he grad which was 2011. So the season was 2010 when V played at crooked creek and those odd visitor bleachers. There other kicker, Garcia, one poster said earlier had a strong accurate leg as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas