• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East confernce to beat.

Started by Wildhog14, November 08, 2014, 09:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazer51

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2014, 01:02:32 am
The immaturity in this thread is off the charts.

It is on most forums this time of year so it seems....

Uncle Ivan

Pots are talking crap to kettles, I see.

Chief_Osceola™

Don't venture anywhere near the 2A boards. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 21, 2014, 11:19:55 am

Don't venture anywhere near the 2A boards. 

That's an ant farm, and it is glorious.

The_Pioneer

MDXPHD

November 21, 2014, 09:19:09 pm #155 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:22:51 pm by MDXPHD
Lol.  I was wondering who would bring this thread back to life.  You're exactly right.  Both conferences were weak this year. No surprise, since this has been a prediction all season.

Hoghead

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hoghead on November 21, 2014, 09:40:58 pm
Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 21, 2014, 09:16:58 pm
West and South are done...
True......East is still a two horse town.

And they're both still hangin around, playing football.

Lionheart88

Pretty much what everybody's said all year isn't it?  Batesville, Wynne, and PA are a cut above, but their conferences have no depth.  The West and South are extremely competitive, but don't have any team that really stand out that much above everyone else.  Now, Beebe's taken me off guard, after a sluggish start they've come on extremely strong the last 6 weeks.  I didn't see that one.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 21, 2014, 09:47:33 pm
Pretty much what everybody's said all year isn't it?  Batesville, Wynne, and PA are a cut above, but their conferences have no depth.  The West and South are extremely competitive, but don't have any team that really stand out that much above everyone else.  Now, Beebe's taken me off guard, after a sluggish start they've come on extremely strong the last 6 weeks.  I didn't see that one.
+1

Uncle Ivan

but don't have any team that really stand out that much above everyone else.

That's a nice way of saying they're both conferences comprised solely of weak sisters.

InYoGrill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 21, 2014, 09:19:09 pm
Lol.  I was wondering who would bring this thread back to life.  You're exactly right.  Both conferences were weak this year. No surprise, since this has been a prediction all season.

West and South weak conferences???? You need to lay off the crack poo. The west and south didn't have the stud teams to get into the final 4 but top to bottom a whole LOT stronger balanced than the east and central. I mean if you followed any football you would know that. They have been in the top 3 all season long. No surprises there. They usually are in the final 4 at least the past few years as a group.

Jayepea

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 21, 2014, 10:08:49 pm
but don't have any team that really stand out that much above everyone else.

That's a nice way of saying they're both conferences comprised solely of weak sisters.
No, only the East has that concreated notoriety. Its never a chance those  6 other straw house schools can win the East. Its November and Wynne is already the 2015 5A East Champs !

The_Pioneer

Lucky for us, the weak sisters don't have a Suck Playoff.  The playoffs are about the best teams.  So all the talk about conferences being top heavy are kinda silly at this point.  That being said, the East is looking good with 2 teams and our former little brother Beebe in it too.

Intelligentsia

Since no one else has said it; Nettleton's one point loss to Beebe is greater evidence of their relitve strength.  I've said all along that Nettleton was a pretty good team.   

walkingguy72396

This season, the East may of well of had 3 of the top 10 teams.  One more would of really been a statement.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 22, 2014, 07:44:00 am
Since no one else has said it; Nettleton's one point loss to Beebe is greater evidence of their relitve strength.  I've said all along that Nettleton was a pretty good team.   

Which an argument could be made that the 3rd best team in the East is better than the South's #1.

Lionheart88

Of course we all know that comparative scores is rubbish, but you could make the argument, I guess.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 22, 2014, 08:48:17 am
Of course we all know that comparative scores is rubbish, but you could make the argument, I guess.

Not necessarily.

Hoghead

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 22, 2014, 07:44:00 am

You get no points for losing.....Well in the East you do. At the end of the day no school besides Wynne & Batesville has EVER made it past the 2nd round. Which in turn means your other schools lose all the time to schools from the other 3 conference. Go Yellowjackets !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 22, 2014, 08:58:14 am
At the end of the day no school besides Wynne & Batesville has EVER made it past the 2nd round.

Nettleton's done it, back in the day Newport and Osceola did it with regularity.

sevenof400

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 22, 2014, 09:01:54 am
At the end of the day no school besides Wynne & Batesville has EVER made it past the 2nd round.

Nettleton's done it, back in the day Newport and Osceola did it with regularity.

Present day, you don't see me bringing in Arkadelphia, Ashdown, Crossett and Malvern do you ? That present group of 6 teams besides Wynne and Batesville are FOD in the East right now. They have won 16 playoff games over the years. 16 !!! Of the 69 playoff wins in the East 53 belong to  Wynne and Batesville. 53 !!!! Of the 122 losses most belong to your bottom feeder schools like GCT, Paragould, FC and B-vegas.  Those 4 have 5 playoff wins in the HISTORY of their schools combined !!!!!   COMBINED !!!!!!!

MDXPHD

It doesn't matter.  The Central and East are the only ones left.  Who cares about the rest this year.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Hoghead on November 22, 2014, 10:46:10 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 22, 2014, 09:01:54 am

Present day, you don't see me bringing in Arkadelphia, Ashdown, Crossett and Malvern do you ? That present group of 6 teams besides Wynne and Batesville are FOD in the East right now. They have won 16 playoff games over the years. 16 !!! Of the 69 playoff wins in the East 53 belong to  Wynne and Batesville. 53 !!!! Of the 122 losses most belong to your bottom feeder schools like GCT, Paragould, FC and B-vegas.  Those 4 have 5 playoff wins in the HISTORY of their schools combined !!!!!   COMBINED !!!!!!!
Nettleton did make the semis in 2006, for what it's worth.

The_Pioneer

He's gotta make himself feel better after his conference's poor showing this year.

Hoghead

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 22, 2014, 12:23:29 pm
He's gotta make himself feel better after his conference's poor showing this year.

Its not about me. Its about the truth. Wynne and Batesville are 5A STATE POWERS. The rest of the 5A EAST is FOD.
They have 8 schools in that conference and half have never won the conference ever. You had a undefeated East Champ lose to a 4 seed before. 53 Playoff wins by two schools is impressive ! 16 wins by the 6 other schools is unappealing. But the East is in the semifinals ! ( not really :)

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 22, 2014, 01:20:09 pm

Its not about me. Its about the truth. Wynne and Batesville are 5A STATE POWERS. The rest of the 5A EAST is FOD.
They have 8 schools in that conference and half have never won the conference ever. You had a undefeated East Champ lose to a 4 seed before. 53 Playoff wins by two schools is impressive ! 16 wins by the 6 other schools is unappealing. But the East is in the semifinals ! ( not really :)
Dang...if Hope was as good playing football as you are keeping up with the East stats...they would be a beast...lol

Hoghead

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 22, 2014, 04:43:53 pm

Dang...if Hope was as good playing football as you are keeping up with the East stats...they would be a beast...lol
It's called a fact based post. Beat Beebe.......

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 22, 2014, 07:11:29 pm
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 22, 2014, 04:43:53 pm

It's called a fact based post. Beat Beebe.......
Beebe going down boss....we're gonna burn em up with the dumpster fires at the turfed trailor park....its on!

Intelligentsia

Beebe going down boss....we're gonna burn em up with the dumpster fires at the turfed trailor park....its on!
[/quote]

Are we talking a Badger BBQ post-victory party at Yellow Jacket Stadium?  If so, please put some on ice and if the Pioneer are successful we will supply Bruin meat for an all East celebration at War Memorial in a couple weeks ;D.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 22, 2014, 08:54:14 pm

Are we talking a Badger BBQ post-victory party at Yellow Jacket Stadium?  If so, please put some on ice and if the Pioneer are successful we will supply Bruin meat for an all East celebration at War Memorial in a couple weeks ;D.
[/quote]
Lol.....I hope so......I like BBQ

Youngsta71701

Like I said earlier in the season when everyone was dogging Beebe. Tripp Smith makes that team go. Since he's returned from injury they've been a totally different team.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 21, 2014, 09:40:58 pm
Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 21, 2014, 09:16:58 pm
West and South are done...
True......East is still a two horse town.

I'm not a hater of any conference but, if either of those two beats PA this year, I would say they definitely earned it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas