• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden Head Football Opening

Started by NWA Hawg, April 13, 2018, 06:36:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

old.dole

AirWarren

creamcheeze

Quote from: AirWarren on May 17, 2018, 08:21:22 pm
Septemjuly

I talked with a guy from Hampton yesterday in Fordyce and he said they're going to hire a guy soon as Spring Football is over.

Very logical on them!

old.dole

Whatever will save a few dollars is what Bearden will do. Almost had a riot when peanut butter went up 3 cents

creamcheeze

Quote from: old.dole on May 18, 2018, 10:50:45 am
Whatever will save a few dollars is what Bearden will do. Almost had a riot when peanut butter went up 3 cents

That's why they shut down Mock's.

old.dole

Then they shut down blann's and added 2 dollar stores

creamcheeze

Quote from: old.dole on May 18, 2018, 11:19:34 am
Then they shut down blann's and added 2 dollar stores

Doesn't sound like they like logic!

old.dole

They opened up the bottom dollar mercantile and almost put every business in town down. Even the corner had to change ownership

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 16, 2018, 08:50:31 am
If you've got speedy receivers who can catch the ball and a QB like Tyler Berry.........throw it deep and let your guys run under it.  That's what they did to us until we figured out that Bearden's O-line couldn't protect him under a full blitz.  They're gonna miss Berry next year, guaranteed!

Any team would miss a Berry!
Word will pick right up where Berry finished, and with his receivers, Opponents will not be so quick to blitz. Unbeknownst to most, Line has some help coming from an atypical place!

old.dole

Yogi bear

The players are there Bart need the right leader at head coach .  Hammonds and Chambliss have been doing a good job . I think we may surprise some people. Just wish they would go ahead and hire now

old.dole

Bearden will never have a shortage of skill. The key is having skill with heart and then having something in the trenches to go with it.

Jesus Saves

Bearden should have made a hire three weeks ago.  I do not have ANY faith in the current administration in making a decent decision.  All that will matter is if they can hire a coach that will be overworked in the classroom, work cheap, and do all maintenance on their on.  Bearden is NOT a good job.  I know enough to know that is factual. 

old.dole

Depends on if the pros of having those athletes outweigh the cons you mentioned. I agree though a hire should have already been made. Bears are starting out behind this year imo

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Jesus Saves on May 21, 2018, 03:46:18 pm
Bearden should have made a hire three weeks ago.  I do not have ANY faith in the current administration in making a decent decision.  All that will matter is if they can hire a coach that will be overworked in the classroom, work cheap, and do all maintenance on their on.  Bearden is NOT a good job.  I know enough to know that is factual.

Word on the street is there's over 30 applicants for the position. Just about every coach in recent memory that went through there, left with a + net job gain. I think the 30 that have applied would disagree with you.

old.dole

Last I heard there was only 10-12

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: old.dole on May 21, 2018, 07:37:53 pm
Last I heard there was only 10-12

If that's the case that's still a pretty good number.

old.dole

No argument here. Quality over quantity any day

old.dole

Word out of Bearden was that interviews have started. Anyone heard anything

Yogi bear

Thought I saw Mr. Coach Klein coming out of the superintendent's office today. Look out he had the green playbook back.

Rida4Life

I heard the assistant from Wynne thinks he has it on lock.

old.dole

I talked to bill farmer up at the post office the other day and he said all roads lead to cox

HG Hornet

Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 15, 2018, 09:07:54 pm
I haven't heard any numbers on how many the Hornets have right now.  I'm gonna say around 40 or so.  Our black & gold game is Thursday, May 24 for anyone who might want to come check us out.
Horstkamp's Hornets looked pretty good last night.  Saw some nice scoring plays, nice catches being made, and some pretty good defense.  CHG just graduated a ton, but looked to me like they've got able bodies to fill in most of the gaps.  They'll be scrappy.   

mhfcharlesi

Its a ton of stories as to whom will end up with this job and I'm hearing Greg Anthony from Strong is front runner..is it Cox, Anthony, or the guy from Wynne as I read earlier

old.dole

NWA Hawg

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on May 25, 2018, 12:11:06 pm
Its a ton of stories as to whom will end up with this job and I'm hearing Greg Anthony from Strong is front runner..is it Cox, Anthony, or the guy from Wynne as I read earlier

I'm hearing Anthony from strong also.

creamcheeze

old.dole

I heard it was down to 3. Anthony wasn't one of the names I was given which really surprised me

Eagle boss

Yogi bear

As far as I know. Camden assistant, Bearden head coach where he had a record of like 60 something and 6 or 8, then head coach at Hamburg and Camden,now retired, soon to be the head man at the Beartown.

old.dole

born and raised in the streets of Queen City. Spent most of his youth wrestling bears and killing it on the kareoke machine. Laid the foundation of the buck bus in Camden before heading to Bearden where he put together one heck of a resume dominating a majority of 2a. Then headed to hamburg back to Camden and retired. The last 2 years were spent ripping lips and chasing whitetail. He will soon step foot back at Rogers field where he will make a speech to the masses and utter 2 words before walking away from the podium "I'm back!"

The_Wesson_Blessin

Quote from: old.dole on May 26, 2018, 12:41:44 pm
born and raised in the streets of Queen City. Spent most of his youth wrestling bears and killing it on the kareoke machine. Laid the foundation of the buck bus in Camden before heading to Bearden where he put together one heck of a resume dominating a majority of 2a. Then headed to hamburg back to Camden and retired. The last 2 years were spent ripping lips and chasing whitetail. He will soon step foot back at Rogers field where he will make a speech to the masses and utter 2 words before walking away from the podium "I'm back!"
Geez man do they taste salty or is it more of a sweet flavor?? Lol

old.dole

AirWarren

Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on May 26, 2018, 02:58:48 pm

Man.....

Backwoods Bart

May 27, 2018, 08:37:59 am #234 Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:21:24 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on May 26, 2018, 02:58:48 pm

Step 1 for Messin wesson:
create Fearless Friday Account

Step 2 for messin wesson:
Go to the pay day loan in J.C. (south), secure said loan.

Step 3 for messin wesson:
Liquor run or break into dads cabinet

Step 4 for messin wesson:
post on F.F.   
I can see you getting a ticket to the F.F. Harmony Hut real soon. You can hang your picture with the other J.C. Hall of Famers who have done a stretch there.

Rida4Life

So let me get this straight.... Cox leaves Bearden to chase talent at bigger schools... fails fairly miserably given the talent he had... retires... and the Bearden faithful are perfectly ok with him coming back.  Wow... ya'll started on that statue yet?  old Dole should start a petition to be president of the Mike Cox fan club. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 30, 2018, 08:12:00 am
So let me get this straight.... Cox leaves Bearden to chase talent at bigger schools... fails fairly miserably given the talent he had... retires... and the Bearden faithful are perfectly ok with him coming back.  Wow... ya'll started on that statue yet?  old Dole should start a petition to be president of the Mike Cox fan club. 

Louisville took bobby Petrino back after the Aubbie drama, the Atlanta drama, AND the Arkansas drama.

Bearden hasn't been itself since Cox left. And people are willing to do whatever to get those days back.

old.dole

Seems as though you guys should be letting me know whether they are sweet or salty

AirWarren

Quote from: old.dole on May 30, 2018, 08:36:59 am
Seems as though you guys should be letting me know whether they are sweet or salty

Y'all need to find a new saying...dang.

old.dole

Rida4Life

Hey man... you are the one talking about his life story.  Like he grew up on Badstreet, Atlanta GA or something. 

Yogi bear

Time is drawing near. Who ya got . I think it will be Mike Cox... They are supposed to hire tomorrow night.

old.dole

Rida needs to worry about union county. The post clearly flew over your head and it appears you will never be tall enough for it to hit home. Lol.

SOUTHARK99

My $$$$ is on Cox. Do you think he will bring his Lil Cox with him?

Yogi bear

Don't know they are going to hire at least one assistant.

old.dole

Little cox ain't leaving where he is at.

Rida4Life

Ohhh so now we gonna get personal Dole?  Word on the street is you ain't winning Any slam dunk contests any time soon yourself! LOL

Backwoods Bart

Sport Jackson says it's going to be Outlaw.........

Yogi bear

What are you talking about Bart with the sport Jackson talk.

old.dole

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas