• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden Head Football Opening

Started by NWA Hawg, April 13, 2018, 06:36:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi bear

Quote from: southarkdaddy on April 17, 2018, 10:16:08 am
No.  They don't have those dudes anymore.  They might have had the least talented line that I saw in that conference in this past year.  Very very bad.

But it was still enough to beat p.c. and Mccroy and give Forman all they wanted until they put Superman at q.b. but I saw y'all have them on the schedule this year hope you got some speed...  Oh yeah don't come on a Bearden thread talking about our players. You will have your shot at that horrible line soon enough they are all still here.

trojanman

congrats you beat us by a whole 2 points and we OWNED you at every other sport. In the past 10 years this was easily one of Bearden's least talented groups. Yall had the skill kids with berry and the boys. Cant get mad when someone states a fact. Thats not a knock on the kids they still played hard and gave it all they had and thats all you can ask for at the end of the day.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Yogi bear on May 02, 2018, 10:55:05 pm
But it was still enough to beat p.c. and Mccroy and give Forman all they wanted until they put Superman at q.b. but I saw y'all have them on the schedule this year hope you got some speed...  Oh yeah don't come on a Bearden thread talking about our players. You will have your shot at that horrible line soon enough they are all still here.

Sorry Yogi, didn't realize boo boo was a linemen!

Yogi bear

I know we barely won last year had quite a few out in that game. As far as owning Bearden yes in baseball and the last four in softball. We will get y'all back where you belong this year in football and basketball. And by the way southarks he is a lineman on defense.

old.dole

So what will Bearden install during spring ball since they are dragging their feet on a hire?

southarkdaddy

Heard they weren't even starting interviews until the Supt is back from Deployment

old.dole

Yep believe that to be the case. Spring ball will be a struggle. Lenny wants to run Gathen's old offense. Hammonds wants to run the single wing, Thomas wants to run the spread, bud wants to run the wishbone.

60Hog

Rida4Life

Quote from: trojanman on May 03, 2018, 08:09:21 am
congrats you beat us by a whole 2 points and we OWNED you at every other sport. In the past 10 years this was easily one of Bearden's least talented groups. Yall had the skill kids with berry and the boys. Cant get mad when someone states a fact. Thats not a knock on the kids they still played hard and gave it all they had and thats all you can ask for at the end of the day.

OHHHHHHH. 
That moment when truth hits the pages of Fearless Friday.  It's beautiful.

creamcheeze

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 08, 2018, 10:49:35 am
OHHHHHHH. 
That moment when truth hits the pages of Fearless Friday.  It's beautiful.

A loss by 2 in the last second of the district finals and a loss by 6 in the regional finals is considered "owned"? Okay....

Rida4Life

Did ya'll beat PC in basketball?............ yeah... didn't think so..... how many chances did you have?

creamcheeze

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 08, 2018, 11:37:41 am
Did ya'll beat PC in basketball?............ yeah... didn't think so..... how many chances did you have?

Nothing wrong with losing to a better team. But they didn't "own" Bearden.

Rida4Life

PC vs Bearden (Boys)

Football L 0-1
Basketball WWWW 4-1
Baseball WW 6-1
Track WWW 9-1

.... you do the math.  Down year for Bearden and up year for PC.  Those numbers will balance out I'm sure... but that speaks for itself.

old.dole

Heard today that Thomas at Bearden has taken his name out of the hat for head man at Bearden and will be following Horstkamp to the grove. Any truth?

Hgalum50

Quote from: old.dole on May 09, 2018, 05:11:49 pm
Heard today that Thomas at Bearden has taken his name out of the hat for head man at Bearden and will be following Horstkamp to the grove. Any truth?
Which one is Thomas?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on May 09, 2018, 05:11:49 pm

I believe that's because mike cox will be returning to Bearden.

old.dole

Thomas was the OC last year. I believe cox will be the man again also

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on May 09, 2018, 07:00:40 pm
Thomas was the OC last year. I believe cox will be the man again also

I'm betting on Cox or Anthony from strong. If Thomas is calling plays at HG next year that's bad news for them.

Yogi bear

Quote from: old.dole on May 07, 2018, 11:26:34 am
Yep believe that to be the case. Spring ball will be a struggle. Lenny wants to run Gathen's old offense. Hammonds wants to run the single wing, Thomas wants to run the spread, bud wants to run the wishbone.

And the p.c. fans want to run their mouths.

old.dole

creamcheeze

Quote from: old.dole on May 10, 2018, 06:37:16 am
Who don't want to on here?

I talked to a guy from PC, coincidentally,  at GNC yesterday.

Said they're going to be down next year but be good the year after.

Rida4Life

hard not to be down when you lose 13 seniors.  They will be down but have a playmaker at QB and are getting quite a few kids back out that had left the program previously. 
I don't think they'll be as bad as some think but they won't be the same team they were a year ago. 

Probably JC, Fordyce, Hampton, Bearden, and PC in that order this season.  I could see Bearden, Fordyce, and Hampton flipping spots a little depending on how the season goes but honestly it will be hard for Chapel to knock off anyone in that top 4.

Yogi bear

Quote from: old.dole on May 10, 2018, 06:37:16 am
Who don't want to on here?

It's all good there ol Dole just couldn't resist it with all the talk about running stuff...

old.dole

I'm not a pc fan until this year and still dont really consider myself a fan. Kind of a house divided thing when they play my ouachita county schools

old.dole

Hear Bearden has a top 3. Anyone know the names?

baseball13

Yogi bear

Hope that is true. We would take all three.

Yogi bear

I saw the super at the sports banquet last night so maybe it's time to get down to business...

old.dole

Ole boy up at the softball fields in Fordyce told me they were having a special board meeting either this Thursday or next to make a decision

NWA Hawg

Hearing more and more it will be Anthony from Strong.

Yogi bear

Sounds like may be room for more than one

HG Hornet

Quote from: fann07 on May 15, 2018, 01:57:25 pm
Hearing more and more it will be Anthony from Strong.
He's a Bearden alum and would probably do well there with enough players to form a team + enough to practice against. 

Yogi bear

We got enough to scrimmage there Hornet . Might not have too many on the sidelines though. I think they said 27 out right now.

old.dole

I'm hearing  cox as head man and also try to hire Anthony for the spot vacated by Thomas

Yogi bear

HG Hornet

Quote from: Yogi bear on May 15, 2018, 04:19:30 pm
We got enough to scrimmage there Hornet . Might not have too many on the sidelines though. I think they said 27 out right now.
I figured the Bears would have good numbers.  It was Anthony's teams at Strong that I was alluding to about barely having enough to form a team of starters plus having enough backups to practice against. 

I haven't heard any numbers on how many the Hornets have right now.  I'm gonna say around 40 or so.  Our black & gold game is Thursday, May 24 for anyone who might want to come check us out. 

Jesus Saves

Odds are, you'll run the same four plays that Bearden has run since 2011. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: Jesus Saves on May 16, 2018, 08:06:50 am
Odds are, you'll run the same four plays that Bearden has run since 2011.
Run right, run left, run up the middle, punt????????

NWA Hawg

May 16, 2018, 08:41:31 am #188 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:56:27 am by fann07
Bearden has threw the ball much more with Thomas as the OC. However the only passing play he seems to know is 4 vertical routes

HG Hornet

Quote from: fann07 on May 16, 2018, 08:41:31 am
Bearden has three the ball much more with Thomas as the OC. However the only passing play he seems to know is 4 vertical routes
If you've got speedy receivers who can catch the ball and a QB like Tyler Berry.........throw it deep and let your guys run under it.  That's what they did to us until we figured out that Bearden's O-line couldn't protect him under a full blitz.  They're gonna miss Berry next year, guaranteed!

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: old.dole on May 15, 2018, 05:24:57 pm
I’m hearing  cox as head man and also try to hire Anthony for the spot vacated by Thomas

Which Coach Anthony from Strong are you referring to?

HG Hornet

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 16, 2018, 09:05:50 am
Which Coach Anthony from Strong are you referring to?
Greg is the one I was talking about. 

old.dole

Greg... and those 4 plays are like novacaine just give me time and they always work

Hgalum50

Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 16, 2018, 09:13:28 am
Greg is the one I was talking about.
Went and checked out them Hornets yesterday! Like Horstkamp and to the Bearden people Thomas wasn't at HG. There were only 3 coaches out there.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fann07 on May 16, 2018, 08:41:31 am
Bearden has threw the ball much more with Thomas as the OC.
Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 16, 2018, 08:09:35 am
Run right, run left, run up the middle, punt????????

Last time I seen bearden play they ran let berry run around in the backfield until the coverage broke down and then score on that busted play...

NWA Hawg

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 16, 2018, 12:02:47 pm
Last time I seen bearden play they ran let berry run around in the backfield until the coverage broke down and then score on that busted play...

That was the Bearden bear offense the last couple years. 4 vertical down the field. Berry could either chunk it 40 yards or take off running. That was it.

Jesus Saves

Amen!  I was hoping they went to HG as a unit.

mhfcharlesi

So is Bearden making a hire tonight?

Yogi bear

I was told it will be done on the 31 st

Dayton Kitchens

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas