• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden Head Football Opening

Started by NWA Hawg, April 13, 2018, 06:36:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

Who will be the front runner? Will cox go back?

old.dole

Big cox or little cox would be my two front runners. Would to see them both come back.

PapaHog

"Big cox and little cox." Lol. Sorry

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 13, 2018, 07:37:29 am
Big cox or little cox would be my two front runners. Would to see them both come back.

If I was going to get a cox, I would want the big one. No homo! Little cox is part of the reason big cox is not at Fairview from what I've heard.

old.dole

You haven't heard very well. The little cox I'm referring to was the oc at Camden. Scoring points was never an issue. The only issues they had at Camden was the mommas and daddy running the school and no admin with a spine. That's why they can't keep coaches over there

Jimbo Morphis

southarkdaddy

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 13, 2018, 09:17:25 am
You haven't heard very well. The little cox I'm referring to was the oc at Camden. Scoring points was never an issue. The only issues they had at Camden was the mommas and daddy running the school and no admin with a spine. That's why they can't keep coaches over there

Your right. Everyone knows the problem at Camden is the admin. Just saying that Mike letting his kids run the program was a set back for him.

Hgalum50

Why would he want to go back to Bearden? They are the ones that ran him off and he had nothing but success.

old.dole

Any rumors on who the new AD will be? I figure they will name that first then hire a head fb unless it's going to be the same person

southarkdaddy

Will AD not be tied in with head fb?

old.dole

I've heard a rumor of them trying to talk the basketball coach into it but I didn't get that from a very reliable source. If they did convince him I could def see a return of mike cox at Bearden.

NWA Hawg

April 16, 2018, 12:14:31 pm #12 Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:22:34 pm by fann07
Quote from: old.dole on April 16, 2018, 12:05:37 pm
I've heard a rumor of them trying to talk the basketball coach into it but I didn't get that from a very reliable source. If they did convince him I could def see a return of mike cox at Bearden.

Mike Cox return as an assistant or the head coach? I've heard possibly the basketball coach moving over to football or doing both.

old.dole

I've heard the basketball coach becomes the ad and just assists with football like he has been doing and mike cox comes in to be the head man

NWA Hawg

Oh ok. I would like to see Mike Cox back on the sidelines at Bearden but I have a hard time believing he would come back. I heard him and the Super didn't get along.

swarkball

Hgalum50

swarkball

old.dole

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on April 16, 2018, 05:41:34 pm
Camden Harmony Grove!
I wonder if any of the Bears will try to come with their coach and enroll at CHG.  The two schools are only about 10 miles apart.  Both schools run a bus at least to Eagle Mills, which is just about halfway. 

old.dole

Would have to move into the district, get adopted or married

swarkball

That will make that game more interesting in the future for sure.

Hgalum50

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 16, 2018, 08:56:36 pm
I wonder if any of the Bears will try to come with their coach and enroll at CHG.  The two schools are only about 10 miles apart.  Both schools run a bus at least to Eagle Mills, which is just about halfway.
It could happen, prob will depend on who they get as coach!

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on April 16, 2018, 09:48:54 pm
Would have to move into the district, get adopted or married
Yes, you're correct. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: swarkball on April 16, 2018, 10:39:01 pm
That will make that game more interesting in the future for sure.
Oh yes most definitely this year!  CHG has held the Bill Manning Trophy for the last three years now and I'm sure the 2018 game will be filled with a lot of emotion from both schools, and naturally so. 

old.dole

According to Facebook all the people with European descent want mike cox. Still the only name I'm seeing and hearing. That would also add to the fire having cox go up against his former assistant and the guy his passed the reigns to when he departed for hamburg

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on April 17, 2018, 08:02:44 am
According to Facebook all the people with European descent want mike cox.
:) 

creamcheeze

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 17, 2018, 08:33:47 am
:)

I talked to a guy at Bearden yesterday. He said all the ones talking that nonsense about "Europeanism" are idiots. Not one of them has any sense. He also said none of them was ever considered for All-Conference in any sport when they played. 😂😂😂

old.dole

Lions84

We see and Cox did a fine job there.

creamcheeze

Quote from: Lions84 on April 17, 2018, 09:27:50 am
We see and Cox did a fine job there.

He took a team that went 2-7 to 12-2.......

Pat Swilling

Does Bearden still have the dudes he had?

creamcheeze

Quote from: Pat Swilling on April 17, 2018, 09:29:55 am
Does Bearden still have the dudes he had?

I talked to a another guy from Bearden the other day.
He said Bearden will always have dudes.

southarkdaddy

No.  They don't have those dudes anymore.  They might have had the least talented line that I saw in that conference in this past year.  Very very bad.

old.dole

Still have some dudes. They don't have a dewayne watts or a keyon Lowe or a Ricky brown but they still have some guys that can go

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

Rida4Life

I would think Cox Sr. would be about over the coaching bug after the Hamburg and Fairview fiascos.  Bearden is still talented but not like his good years.... plus he's always chased talent and that wouldn't be the case here.  But the entire district will be a little down so maybe he comes back.........BUT

.......Does Bearden really want him back

old.dole

Depends on who you ask in Bearden. Best thing that ever happened to Bearden was leveling the playing field and getting those bigger schools into 3a. Wasn't it after the 05 season? There has and more than likely always will be talent in Bearden. The key is to get all the non studs to go all out and that's what made cox so successful imo

eldofan

Quote from: Rida4Life on April 17, 2018, 11:19:20 am
I would think Cox Sr. would be about over the coaching bug after the Hamburg and Fairview fiascos.  Bearden is still talented but not like his good years.... plus he's always chased talent and that wouldn't be the case here.  But the entire district will be a little down so maybe he comes back.........BUT

.......Does Bearden really want him back
Do u think with what Hampton has coming back and Fordyce dropping down along with the return of JC the district will be down?

old.dole

I've heard jc lost a lot from last year. I think Fordyce ends up winning the district this year. Jc Bearden for the 2 and 3 spots then Pc and Hampton for the 4 and 5

eldofan

Hampton had only 2  Sr starters on last years team . Jc lost about 14 kids and return about 9 kids that saw Playing time in the 2 playoff games I attended

old.dole

I wasn't impressed with Hampton last year. They were good team without a doubt. And honestly I had forgotten about their junior high until just now. Had some nice players in it so yea I change my earlier statement and say they can challenge Fordyce. Depends on the young players though

eldofan

I think it's fordyce Jc Hampton and Bearden Pc fighting for last 2 playoff spots .

eldofan

They took us to the wood shed on the line of scrimmage. Physically whipped us.

old.dole

Well I was at that game and if Pc doesn't give up the 3rd and 4th and longs that they did in that game they have a legit shot to win the ball game. Defense held their own and couldn't finish on a couple of the touchdown drives that they had. Now who knows what would have happened if the game was even remotely close to officiated. Worst I've ever seen for both sides

ak58

Bearden will always have some Dudes. Haha. Hate to hear they're struggling as a district with numbers.

eldofan

I think we lost 3 to 4 kids that didn't play in Woodlawn game. It was a very physical game

old.dole

Because they were beat up or because it was Woodlawn?

eldofan

A couple couldn't play but the others played a little bc it was Woodlawn .

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas