• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jobs Coming Open

Started by reggiebushfan, February 12, 2013, 09:50:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

reggiebushfan

Anybody know of any basketball jobs that will be open this spring?

justawatchin

there are several rumors of openings....but nothing will pop til around mid march

Googlymoogly

Valley Springs boys' job will be open

hover

Googlymoogly

Yes, Walter is hanging it up

ab24

any word on any jobs coming open? i know some schools are still playing, but i figure jobs will start coming open soon.

ab24

McCrory boys and girls positions are both open

R. A.™

Quote from: ab24 on February 27, 2013, 12:23:51 pm
McCrory boys and girls positions are both open

That includes the JR High jobs also...

beaverfan007

probably both glenrose jobs will be open

smackdat014

Quote from: beaverfan007 on March 01, 2013, 06:24:34 pm
probably both glenrose jobs will be open

Do you know that for sure or just wishful thinking?

Sourmilkstain

Heard that maybe Star City girls job might be opening up. Not sure if coach is retiring, moving to admin, or just wants out, but heard that at tournament this week.

Sourmilkstain

Also hear that Cornings boys coach is retiring.

loyal fan

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on March 04, 2013, 12:02:30 am
Heard that maybe Star City girls job might be opening up. Not sure if coach is retiring, moving to admin, or just wants out, but heard that at tournament this week.
She is top notch.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on March 04, 2013, 12:02:30 am
Do you know if they are planning on giving that job to the asst they have there?

ab24

stuttgart boys is now open

Sourmilkstain

I don't know anything about Star City or Corning jobs, just that these were jobs I was told about at different state tournaments this week. All I know is exactly what I posted. I am not familiar w/either situation, but know both coaches a little bit.  I haven't spoken w/either one of them to find out. 

I do know McCrory shafted their Boys coach in order to create a rule to get rid of girls coach. So, I'm not to sure that is a ring I'd toss my hat into any time soon.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on March 04, 2013, 01:23:01 pm
I don't know anything about Star City or Corning jobs, just that these were jobs I was told about at different state tournaments this week. All I know is exactly what I posted. I am not familiar w/either situation, but know both coaches a little bit.  I haven't spoken w/either one of them to find out. 

I do know McCrory shafted their Boys coach in order to create a rule to get rid of girls coach. So, I'm not to sure that is a ring I'd toss my hat into any time soon.
What kind of rule could they create to get rid of a coach?

Tribefan77

Making the rule that coaches have to live in the district

ab24

gamechanger11

Where did Nemo boys coach go?

ab24

I think he is retiring but I'm not positive

Basketballfan13

Quote from: ab24 on March 05, 2013, 07:16:49 pm
I think he is retiring but I'm not positive
Retiring is what I heard

ab24

reggiebushfan

Add in Har-Ber boys.

Looks like maybe a few non "Booger Holler" jobs starting to come open.

Moonshiner

Quote from: reggiebushfan on March 07, 2013, 12:58:45 pm
Add in Har-Ber boys.

Looks like maybe a few non "Booger Holler" jobs starting to come open.
This is Arkansas. On the grand scheme of things we are all Booger Holler.

mockingJ

Sounds like Maumelle Girls will be open

No Name

Quote from: ab24 on March 07, 2013, 12:45:08 pm
sheridan sr boys open

Is Coach Scott not going to get that job?

R. A.™

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 04, 2013, 04:13:43 pm

Coaches contracts have a "live in the school district" clause...

OlGuyWicker

Quote from: R. A.™ on March 11, 2013, 03:58:48 pm
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 04, 2013, 04:13:43 pm

What kinda housing is available in McCrory?  I would think it would be a bit risky for a coach to move in and buy a house in that area when they might be looking to leave in just a couple of years. 

spoony luv

stupidest thing i've heard in a while. What is a coaches wife works in another city an hour and half away?  Wouldn't it make sense to try and find a place in the middle between the two jobs so each has a 45 minute drive. 
If they really do have this clause then they will really limit theirselves on coaches.

Chalant

McCrory would not be a very desirable job regardless. They have never treated their basketball coaches right and the talent level year in and year out is not very good.

Pat Swilling

Why is McCrory such a bad job?

Sourmilkstain

[/quote]
If that's the case then why did they hire folks who live outside of district to begin w/?

Basketballfan13

I don't know about this case but I've seen contracts that state that they will move into the district within 2 years of signing their original contract.

R. A.™

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on March 13, 2013, 08:30:48 pm
If that's the case then why did they hire folks who live outside of district to begin w/?

McCrory is a town of 1800, they aren't turning out teachers every day...have to look outside the district for employees.

Sourmilkstain

Not what I'm saying.
When they interviewed and hired the guy, did they bother to ask if he would move into district? Better yet, did they tell him the job was his as long as coach & spouse moved to McCrory?

Missco

A lot of schools have a clause that states coaches must live in district. I think its a great rule.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Missco on March 16, 2013, 11:52:11 am
A lot of schools have a clause that states coaches must live in district. I think its a great rule.
It certainly is better on the coach as far as travel is concerned.  As long as he/she is doing their job though I don't see where it's remotely relevant.
It certainly limits the schools chances on hiring.  Why limit yourself to those that are willing to move?  We are in a horrible market right now for housing. What if the potential coach can't sell his current house? 
Make all the teachers live in the district. Not just the coaches. And the cooks. And the bus drivers. And the custodians.

ab24

hawgball11

Where is guy Perkins coach going?

ab24

I think he is just coaching girls next year. He has been doing both

hawgball11

I thought hutchcraft had only been doing girls for a couple years now?

ab24

I think that is right. But I guess he is shifting his focus to the girls

reggiebushfan

So apparently GP boys is about to be on a down cycle of talent...how else would you interpret that?

No Name

Damon Teas coached the boys this year, now with the Superintendent situation, the Principal got the Superintendent job, and Teas is going to be the Principal.  So now the boys job is open.

royalhoops

Oden has two jobs listed. Caddo Hills girls is listed.
Didn't McCrory have both jobs listed last year? That's a huge red flag.

reggiebushfan

Quote from: royalhoops on March 22, 2013, 12:21:11 pm
Oden has two jobs listed. Caddo Hills girls is listed.
Didn't McCrory have both jobs listed last year? That's a huge red flag.
Where are you seeing this?

Is there another site besides the AAA bulletin board that's good to look on?

Basketballfan13

All of its on the aaea website

ab24

anyone heard of anything else coming open?  there should be a decent amount start popping up in the next couple of weeks

Real deal

BIC reassigned their boys coach night before last, not sure if they will promote from within, or look outside.  I suspect they will make a push for Bill Taylor to come back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas