• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jobs Coming Open

Started by reggiebushfan, February 12, 2013, 09:50:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

somecoach...

Who will be the front runners for the vilonia job?

ab24

poyen and dermott boys are both open

ab24

has anyone heard who might be getting the guy job?

ab24

perryville is open, it doesnt say if it is boys or girls

BBall247

Anybody know anything about the Quitman Girls job?

BluePride

From what I understand, Dierks boys and girls will be open. (may be 1 job) The board decided to reassign coaching assignments due to budgeting. The boys coach was not rehired. (first year coach named Graves). The job was offered to Owens who was the girls coach. He was going to coach both boys and girls. Today he announced that he had taken a job in Caddo Hills which leaves boys and girls both without a coach. 

I don't know if they plan to hire one person who 2 people, but there will be at least one opening.

gojackets14

Quote from: BluePride on April 16, 2013, 09:35:55 pm
From what I understand, Dierks boys and girls will be open. (may be 1 job) The board decided to reassign coaching assignments due to budgeting. The boys coach was not rehired. (first year coach named Graves). The job was offered to Owens who was the girls coach. He was going to coach both boys and girls. Today he announced that he had taken a job in Caddo Hills which leaves boys and girls both without a coach. 

I don't know if they plan to hire one person who 2 people, but there will be at least one opening.

Budgeting huh? Interesting cover up.

somecoach...

any noise of anything else coming open?

bdog32

Guy has given the job back to hutch.
What kind of talent does Vilonia have

vtowneagles

April 19, 2013, 02:12:25 am #109 Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:19:34 pm by vtowneagles
Vilonia* has some great talent coming up! Great group of sophomores and freshmen! Lot of height and shooters

Wyatt Earp

SouthpawSensation

Siloam Springs girls job just came open again. Coach is leaving after one year to go back to Oklahoma.

Mr. Beautiful

Quote from: vtowneagles on April 19, 2013, 02:12:25 am
Vilonia* has some great talent coming up! Great group of sophomores and freshmen! Lot of height and shooters

The 8th grade guard who was moved up to 9th this year is pretty solid. That little PG Vilonia had was also pretty good he didnt turn the ball over and could shoot.

Quote from: ab24 on April 16, 2013, 09:41:19 am
perryville is open, it doesnt say if it is boys or girls

Heard Vilonia's JH Coach Moore interviewed for this job. 

beaverfan007

do yall think clayton ray the coach at ouachita will go back to poyen

Rudehog

If it hasnt already been mentioned, Malvern Boys now open

HogWild12

Greenbrier high school boys job is available. Johnson took the Perryville job. Most talented individuals Greenbrier has had in the soon to be 9th graders Josh Ballard and Carter Burcham.

HogWild12

Coach Riley will be taking the Vilonia boys job, so Vilonia is now looking for a girls coach.

beaverfan007

where did the malvern boys coach go??

spoony luv

Did GR hire a new basketball coach

vtowneagles

Where in the world did u hear that hog wild?

Eagle20

Quote from: HogWild12 on April 23, 2013, 05:55:10 pm
Greenbrier high school boys job is available. Johnson took the Perryville job. Most talented individuals Greenbrier has had in the soon to be 9th graders Josh Ballard and Carter Burcham.

If you can't develop the talent, that talent doesn't do you much good.  Greenbrier has become football dominated and it is taking its toll on the basketball program.  Good luck to the next guy!

no mascot

What happened to Palatine/ Wheatley's coach?

Basketballfan13

His wife took a good job at a university so they had to move.

Bball0045

Anyone know the latest on the poyen job? Have they hired someone?

HogWild12

Quote from: vtowneagles on April 25, 2013, 11:45:51 pm

A friend of a friend knows a few guys on the school board. I don't want start any rumors; this is just what I was told.

HogWild12

Quote from: Eagle20 on April 26, 2013, 07:13:46 am
Quote from: HogWild12 on April 23, 2013, 05:55:10 pm

If you can't develop the talent, that talent doesn't do you much good.  Greenbrier has become football dominated and it is taking its toll on the basketball program.  Good luck to the next guy!

Exactly right, Eagle20! And with these kids background and with Aau every summer, it SHOULD be easy. And that goes for any kid that is talented. I've seen many talented players at Greenbrier quit, concentrate on football, get worse, or move to a different school to play ball over the past 10 years. Whoever the new coach is, he will be welcomed with open arms...

Eagle20

I hear the Bauxite assistant is one of the finalists for the Poyen job.  Good young coach!

No Name

Quote from: Eagle20 on April 29, 2013, 11:11:34 pm
I hear the Bauxite assistant is one of the finalists for the Poyen job.  Good young coach!

What is his name?

Eagle20

HogWild12

Does anyone know about coach Mike Simmons from Bryant? He is the soon to be Greenbrier boys coach.

FreeMoney

Quote from: HogWild12 on May 02, 2013, 07:58:07 pm
Does anyone know about coach Mike Simmons from Bryant? He is the soon to be Greenbrier boys coach.
Former coach at Mt. View. Good coach.

somecoach...

That is a great hire, the guy flat knows his stuff!

bobcats

Greenbrier is getting a good coach plus he has a son who I believe will be a senior who is a good player.

Sourmilkstain

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on April 08, 2013, 07:55:04 am
I just read this blog,  I doubt they could get away with a rule that says coaches have to live in the district if the coach is already employed.  That would have to be a part of his original contract.
It happened. Spoke w/one of the other coaches just last week and they said he was given 3 yrs to move into district & they called him in at the very end of hoop season and asked if he had moved yet and he said no, so the Sup told him he was done after school year.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on May 04, 2013, 03:05:28 am
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on April 08, 2013, 07:55:04 am
I just read this blog,  I doubt they could get away with a rule that says coaches have to live in the district if the coach is already employed.  That would have to be a part of his original contract.
It happened. Spoke w/one of the other coaches just last week and they said he was given 3 yrs to move into district & they called him in at the very end of hoop season and asked if he had moved yet and he said no, so the Sup told him he was done after school year.
Legally they could reassign him, but they can't fire him over it.
Dumb move by the school, in my opinion. As far as future hires go anyway.

Bball0045

I heard Bauxite has an opening? Anybody heard this?

No Name

Quote from: Bball0045 on April 27, 2013, 11:37:32 am
Anyone know the latest on the poyen job? Have they hired someone?

Mark Hall of Prescott named Boys coach at Poyen

coolcatdaddy

what happened to smith at bauxite?

Mike Love

Sheridan has a head jr high boys, jr high boys assistant, and a high school girls assistant position open.

WHITEchicken

at sheridan you have to move into the district within 2 years.

Harrybear

Any single "A" schools around Harrison coming open?

bulldog42

Quote from: Harrybear on May 14, 2013, 12:55:31 pm
Any single "A" schools around Harrison coming open?
I believe right now they are all full.  Haven't heard of any openings and I work with guys that have kids in almost all the "A" schools in the area.

Vilonia01

Quote from: HogWild12 on April 27, 2013, 02:44:02 pm
Quote from: vtowneagles on April 25, 2013, 11:45:51 pm

A friend of a friend knows a few guys on the school board. I don't want start any rumors; this is just what I was told.

There was and is 0% chance that this happens. Coach Riley is a good coach but he will be staying right where he is. Vilonia should have a new boys coach within a week.

sunnysideup

Anyone heard of any other job openings coming open for a girls basketball coach?

WHITEchicken

gentry and I think walnut ridge....the walnut ridge im not completely sure about

Bwana

Bald Knob HC girls position is open..

3A-2 Fan

Quote from: Bwana on May 31, 2013, 09:50:02 am
Bald Knob HC girls position is open..

What happened to Richardson?  I thought she would be there a few years.  There is a lot of turnover at Bald Knob in the last few years.  Football, boy's basketball and girl's basketball have all changed recently.

Bwana

She took a job at ECS..

chilly gilly

Maumelle Lady Hornets have promoted the asst. coach Rodney Gilmore to Head Coach

Nip/Tusk

Ill really miss Rod Gilmore on college football live. Guess he didn't mind taking a pay cut. Oh well good luck to him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas