• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nettleton Raiders

Started by NettletonRaiders2014, October 21, 2014, 12:21:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NettletonRaiders2014

Do you believe this nettleton team could win out for the 2 seed?

justalionfan

justalionfan

hogwild_82

No way! They lose to Wynne by a bunch, and they lose a close one to FC...  they beat VV and get the 4 seed and head to PA.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: hogwild_82 on October 21, 2014, 12:36:32 pm
No way! They lose to Wynne by a bunch, and they lose a close one to FC...  they beat VV and get the 4 seed and head to PA.
After this week idk about that....anything is possible at this point!!

walkingguy72396

If all the players that played last Friday are able to complete the regular season.  I say doubtful.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 21, 2014, 01:29:25 pm
If all the players that played last Friday are able to complete the regular season.  I say doubtful.Who is the better team between Paragould and Nettleton?

hogwild_82

Nettleton easy! The reason is because of all the weapons. I say that FC and Nettleton when both offenses are hot they would be very similar. The difference is the defense. I am not sure about the defenses though... both can be shaky at times. Paragould just doesn't have the weapons or speed that Nettleton has. FC struggled early with Paragould bc of they way that they were playing not because of what Paragould was doing. Nettleton will beat Paragould as well, but I just think FC has a little more than Nettleton.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: hogwild_82 on October 21, 2014, 02:18:42 pm
Nettleton easy! The reason is because of all the weapons. I say that FC and Nettleton when both offenses are hot they would be very similar. The difference is the defense. I am not sure about the defenses though... both can be shaky at times. Paragould just doesn't have the weapons or speed that Nettleton has. FC struggled early with Paragould bc of they way that they were playing not because of what Paragould was doing. Nettleton will beat Paragould as well, but I just think FC has a little more than Nettleton.
That's kinda what I figured...I just don't understand how Paragould hung around Batesville.

Grond

This is about Nettleton, but first some replys on Paragould:

Paragould/Nettleton - Paragould ran a hopelessly complicated special blocking scheme that was ineffective and tossed right after the game. Without the "special", we would not have beaten Nettleton, but we would have scored 2 or 3 TD's.

Paragould/Batesville - I can't emphasize enough how BADLY the Batesville QB played.  Did not throw the ball within 3 feet of a receiver the first half. And Batesville kept trying to pass.

Back on subject:  I give Nettleton about a 25% chance of coming in second.  Problem is that Wynne will play Forrest City right before Nettleton, which will help Wynne be ready for a Nettleton-style team.  The key will be the Nettleton linebackers: Can they prove they are good enough to play college ball?

The_Pioneer

hogwild_82

Quote from: Grond on October 21, 2014, 06:21:48 pm

Paragould/Nettleton - Paragould ran a hopelessly complicated special blocking scheme that was ineffective and tossed right after the game. Without the "special", we would not have beaten Nettleton, but we would have scored 2 or 3 TD's.

Paragould/Batesville - I can't emphasize enough how BADLY the Batesville QB played.  Did not throw the ball within 3 feet of a receiver the first half. And Batesville kept trying to pass.

Back on subject:  I give Nettleton about a 25% chance of coming in second.  Problem is that Wynne will play Forrest City right before Nettleton, which will help Wynne be ready for a Nettleton-style team.  The key will be the Nettleton linebackers: Can they prove they are good enough to play college ball?

humm.. could you explain your "25%"   when there are three teams as 3-1?

would that be Wynne at 50%....FC 25%.....Nettleton 25%

To me.. it would be 33.3% because there are three teams. I personally believe that any of the top 4 in this conference could lose to each other. They are IMO the best top to bottom (1-4) in 5A. I am just sayin!!

Batesville beat Wynne so they are the top dog!
Nettleton and FC gave Batesville a great game both just came up a little short
We find out this week who is battleing to play Wynne for the two seed..

#1jacketfan

Quote from: hogwild_82 on October 22, 2014, 10:49:17 am
Quote from: Grond on October 21, 2014, 06:21:48 pm

humm.. could you explain your "25%"   when there are three teams as 3-1?

would that be Wynne at 50%....FC 25%.....Nettleton 25%

To me.. it would be 33.3% because there are three teams. I personally believe that any of the top 4 in this conference could lose to each other. They are IMO the best top to bottom (1-4) in 5A. I am just sayin!!

Batesville beat Wynne so they are the top dog!
Nettleton and FC gave Batesville a great game both just came up a little short
We find out this week who is battleing to play Wynne for the two seed..

If Batesville would have played anywhere close to how they played last Fri nite.....those games would not have been close!

hogwild_82

If Batesville would have played anywhere close to how they played last Fri nite.....those games would not have been close!
[/quote]

You can't say that because that implies that FC and Nettleton didn't get Batesville's best. In the driving rain storm Batesville was getting played really tough by FC and there were plays on both sides that could have changed that game completely. You have to just judge how the game went. You being a jacket fan you weren't even there. So you have no idea what the game was even like. Through halftime both teams were fighting the elements and both struggled on offense. A 6 to 6 game  past halftime tells me they can compete with Batesville. I was there I saw it with my own two eyes. Its not like Batesville is a completely different team compared to one week later. Give credit where it is due please sir.. FC and Nettleton are quality opponents for Batesville. Batesville simply played a little better than all of their  opponents.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: hogwild_82 on October 22, 2014, 11:51:56 am

You can't say that because that implies that FC and Nettleton didn't get Batesville's best. In the driving rain storm Batesville was getting played really tough by FC and there were plays on both sides that could have changed that game completely. You have to just judge how the game went. You being a jacket fan you weren't even there. So you have no idea what the game was even like. Through halftime both teams were fighting the elements and both struggled on offense. A 6 to 6 game  past halftime tells me they can compete with Batesville. I was there I saw it with my own two eyes. Its not like Batesville is a completely different team compared to one week later. Give credit where it is due please sir.. FC and Nettleton are quality opponents for Batesville. Batesville simply played a little better than all of their  opponents.

I even heard from Batesville fans that the Pioneers played better....I saw highligts of those games...Batesville had so many passes that were'nt even close to their receivers and dropped passes...so i know better....besides the next 3 weeks will tell the story....I didnt mean to get in your feelings bro!

Intelligentsia

Nettleton and FC played well against Batesville, as did Paragould.  With Paragould and FC, thewweather was a factor.  As I mentioned in a post last week, good weather worked in Batesville's favor last week and against them the two previous games.  Unlike recent years, with an increased reliance on an air attack, poor weather is no friend to the Pioneer offense.  Fair weather again Friday night, in addition to home field advantage, provides a significant advantage to the Pioneers against an athletic Blytheville squad.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 22, 2014, 01:28:10 pm
Nettleton and FC played well against Batesville, as did Paragould.  With Paragould and FC, thewweather was a factor.  As I mentioned in a post last week, good weather worked in Batesville's favor last week and against them the two previous games.  Unlike recent years, with an increased reliance on an air attack, poor weather is no friend to the Pioneer offense.  Fair weather again Friday night, in addition to home field advantage, provides a significant advantage to the Pioneers against an athletic Blytheville squad.

I think your right.....I got Batesville putting up big numbers on the Chick a saws!

Intelligentsia

While the Pioneers may have the ability to put up a pretty good score, I think Coach King will continue to work on developing the running game if he can get a comfortable lead.   I suspect he will be working on additional strategies to develop the run, prior to the playoffs.  That said, I'm confident things will be in hand prior to him experimenting with running game.  For that reason, I don't expect in excess of a 21 point victory even if it could be larger. 

A D M

The reason Paragould did so well against Batesville was they had injurys from the Nettleton game. One key one was there QB ankle. There was some Batesville fans talking about it on a thread on here

Intelligentsia

Quote from: A D M on October 23, 2014, 10:37:09 pm
The reason Paragould did so well against Batesville was they had injurys from the Nettleton game. One key one was there QB ankle. There was some Batesville fans talking about it on a thread on here

Injuries, poor weather, uninspired play and an outstanding effort by the Paragould QB, tailback and offensive and defensive lines;  all factors in that game.  Their QB had an exceptional effort, running for a bunch if yards and also playing defense - on of the more inspired efforts I've witnessed in high school football.

A D M

Lets go Raiders this game is yours. Raider Pride is justified!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas