• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier Panthers @ Harrison Golden Goblins

Started by Go Postal, October 19, 2014, 06:32:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

October 19, 2014, 06:32:16 pm Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:27:31 pm by Go Postal

Both of these teams are very similar style teams.

Greenbrier Panthers 4-3-0 (2-2) needs a win to jockey for a tie at 2nd place in Week 8.
Harrison Golden Goblins 4-3-0 (3-1) needs a win to help seal their 2nd place in Week 8.
Both teams have won head to head with the LRCA Warriors 4-3-0 (2-2).  But the Goblins have the head to head with the Morrilton Devil Dogs 3-4-0 (2-2).
Both teams still haven't played the Vilonia Eagles 3-4 (2-2) yet.

Comments and insights are wecolmed...

Chief_Osceola™

Based on what I've seen, each team is like a mirror image of the other.  I could see the spread being anywhere from 3-7 points, with the Gobs being favored at home.

DaOldRef

From the games with Maumelle, I think the QB from Harrison has the edge, the Greenbrier RB's (#3), have/has the edge, the Greenbrier offensive line got the edge, (Harrison's Off. Line held a lot, but weren't called for it).  Defensive play favors Harrison,  but special teams leans towards Greenbrier.  Coaching staff would have to be toward Greenbrier.  It all may come down to home field advantage but I can't remember where it's played.  IMO both teams could play this one 10 times and it probably would split 5-5.

Rockhounds x2

Big game for both teams! If the gobs win they are in the drivers seat for at least a 2 seed and greenbrier is playing for a 4 seed. If the opposite happens things get pretty jammed back up. Our kids are playing with confidence and believing that they are supposed to win these games, and it's been a long time since that's been the case in goblinville!! Proud of this group. If they win this game I can see them winning out and making a good run in the playoffs! Go gobs!!

Jayepea

I bet Gobs beat the soup out of the cats in this one.

The Future

This is gonna be a great game. If this game was close I wouldn't mind going and seeing it. This is just one of those games where you really don't know which team has an advantage. Only real one to either team is Harrison cause its at Harrison. My initial pick is Greenbrier by 14. But my gut is tellin me Harrison will pull it off.
I say Harrison pulls it off on a final play. Either they score with hardly any time left on the clock or they get an interception to seal the deal. Harrison by less than 7.
Harrison wins and they move to 4-1 and  further seals their second seed spot.

PWDad

I hear ya, if I didn't already have other obligations I would go to see this game! I think you will get a very good, hard played game.

PercussionMan

I think Harrison tends to throw the ball deeper (or at least they did against Morrilton) and is more dual threat at QB.  I haven't seen Greenbrier since week one of conference, so maybe they are much different than then, but I would have to go with Harrison by 10. 

Go Postal

October 21, 2014, 09:27:27 pm #8 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:31:48 pm by Go Postal
tmycjy has on his Week 8 picks, Greenbrier by 1.
Hootens has on their site for this to be 5A Game of the Week.  Harrison by 2.

Personally, I would like a Goblin win.  I believe that pantherblue might be here at the game.  It will be great seeing him again.  We both don't have a dog in this fight, but we both love a great game, especially one game of both teams so similar.  Who will win, I can't make a prediction.  Like I said earlier, I will go for the Goblins, pantherblue will go for the Panthers, but we both appreciate when two opposite teams makes great plays.
Now if the refs get involved, then that is a whole different can of worms.  LOL.

So, maybe Hootens will be here filming.  Maybe even KY3 TV out of Springfield Missouri, if they remember about this West rivalry.  Local radio, Cool 96.1 will be broadcasting.  GOB TV should be live streaming at...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gobtvfootball

Anyway, Good Luck to both teams!  Win or lose, PB and I want to see a great game.

THIS IS THE WEST!  PLAY HARD, PLAY GREAT IN CONFERENCE, THEN WE WILL TAKE ON THOSE OTHER NON-WEST CONFERENCES IN PLAYOFFS!

Clara Allen

Since I have kinfolks (yeah, more than one!) on the Gobs coaching staff, I am seeing a Harrison victory. 

Drama Mama ™

The Gobs just keep improving every single week !  It's like a light switch was flipped on and they know they can win :)  Biggest improvement I've seen from game one, is the O Line is taking care of business.  Our D Line has really stepped it up as well.   Amazing what a little dose of confidence , topped off with a WHOLE LOTTA heart can do for a team.   I pick Harrison in a nail biting, foot stomping, get the crowd on their feet and off their seats win by 7.  Get ready for the fireworks folks ! I'm thinking this one will be a high scoring shootout to the buzzer............. GO GOBS !

MoTownDog

We need harrison to get that second loss but I think they will take the home field advantage and beat greenbrier.

PercussionMan

Quote from: MoTownDog on October 22, 2014, 05:45:21 pm
We need harrison to get that second loss but I think they will take the home field advantage and beat greenbrier.

That would be alright with me, but it's also not all that bad for Greenbrier to lose again.  Morrilton needs to beat Maumelle, too...somehow...someway!

Rockhounds x2

This game may come down to who has the ball last. But I think harrison has the better team. This bunch are gaining confidence every week. If we can win this I think we win out and are very dangerous in the playoffs! Barring injuries! Gobs 42-38

Go Postal

October 22, 2014, 08:44:15 pm #14 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:46:41 pm by Go Postal
Okay, I was searching the web on the Goblins games video this year.  I came with a couple from hudl.  If you have not seen Harrison play yet (Old rivals, 6A Siloam Springs/6A Alma and new 5A rival Maumelle games aside) then you might not know what they can bring to the table.  For instance...

First clip (and I know that it was playing against 6A Mtn Home in the seasonal opener, but...):  How good is the Goblin scrambling QB and how is it that he is leading 1st place in the 5A with 2191 passing yards in 7 games played?  Also, how good is the Goblins defense against a running offense?

http://www.hudl.com/team/17864/highlights/75596821

Second clip:  You might say, "Okay, I've seen that Harrison can pass the ball and rush some and defense was alright against a running team.  But hey, it was only against 6A Mtn Home".  "Give me something that I can relate to in the 5A".  Harrison/Greenbrier both have defeated a good LRCA.  Here is a tidbit from a Goblin perspective...

http://www.hudl.com/team/17864/highlights/81010818

Who will win this Friday's game?  I don't know, both teams have been mirror images of each other over the years, not only in this sport, but other sports as well.  Great Rivalry.  I think that it will come down to who made the most mistakes on Offense or Defense and who gets the ball last.

The Coach

The Goblin Coaches and Players deserve to have some success!!! Lot of hard work and patience has gone into this program the last few years!!!

mijally

Couldn't agree more. Especially this year. They could haver rolled over after the  Maumelle game but they did the opposite. Kudos.

pantherblue

Pantherblue will not be in the house this game.... I will however be looking for all updates!   Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter....

bobcat81

Greenbrier turns a 10 point halftime deficit into a 10 point victory 48-38.  Two early second half scores by GB gave them the lead then back and forth until Harrison misses field goal and Greenbrier scores TD for final 10 point margin.  GB came out strong in the 3rd after failing to score from the five to end the first half.  The difference was GB's ability to run the ball more consistently in addition to being able to complete the timely pass.  Entertaining game to watch - watched both the Goblin and GB internet streaming.  GB streaming was about 8-10 seconds behind so watched Goblin version first, then GB version of same play, so almost like instant replay to re-watch every important play. 

beagleman01

Was a great game by both teams. One the best I've watched all year. Go Big Blue

Go Postal

October 25, 2014, 12:41:28 am #20 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:46:43 am by Go Postal
Quote from: bobcat81 on October 24, 2014, 10:57:10 pm
Greenbrier turns a 10 point halftime deficit into a 10 point victory 48-38.  Two early second half scores by GB gave them the lead then back and forth until Harrison misses field goal and Greenbrier scores TD for final 10 point margin.  GB came out strong in the 3rd after failing to score from the five to end the first half.  The difference was GB's ability to run the ball more consistently in addition to being able to complete the timely pass.  Entertaining game to watch - watched both the Goblin and GB internet streaming.  GB streaming was about 8-10 seconds behind so watched Goblin version first, then GB version of same play, so almost like instant replay to re-watch every important play.
Quote from: beagleman01 on October 25, 2014, 12:11:21 am
Was a great game by both teams. One the best I've watched all year. Go Big Blue
Quote from: Go Postal on October 22, 2014, 08:44:15 pm
Who will win this Friday's game?  I don't know, both teams have been mirror images of each other over the years, not only in this sport, but other sports as well.  Great Rivalry.  I think that it will come down to who made the most mistakes on Offense or Defense and who gets the ball last.
Wow!  What a barnburner tonight.  Congratulations Panthers.  If anyone didn't make it to the game or watched it of live streaming.  You really missed a game.  Here is the scores as they happened.  Pay close attention to the points each team made of each time they scored and the minutes between scores.
Harrison 0
Greenbrier 8
10 left in 1st

Harrison 7
Greenbrier 8
6:22 in 1st

Harrison 14
Greenbrier 8
51.7 sec left in 1st

End of 1st quarter

Harrison 14
Greenbrier 14
11:38 left in 2nd

Harrison 17
Greenbrier 14
6:05 in half

Harrison 24
Greenbrier 14
1:25 in half

Half

Harrison 24
Greenbrier 22
8:47 in 3rd

Harrison 24
Greenbrier 28
4:05 in 3rd

Harrison 31
Greenbrier 28
3:41 in 3rd

Harrison 31
Greenbrier 34
51.3 sec in 3rd

End of 3rd

Harrison 38
Greenbrier 34
9:31 in game

Harrison 38
Greenbrier 41
9:05 in game

Harrison 38
Greenbrier 48
3:47 left

Harrison 38
Greenbrier 48
Final

Go Postal

That #3 RB from GB was fabulous.  Here is some more breakdown of the game...
The Panthers opened the game with a scoring drive. The Panthers converted a 2-point try to take an 8-0 lead.
The Goblins answered with a score of their own.
Quarterback Humphrey hit Kanon Kirkland on an 8-yard pass for the Goblins first score. Reeves hit the extra point for an 8-7 score.
Harrison's defense came up with a big fourth-down stop as Hunter Humphrey sacked the Greenbrier quarterback at the 46-yard line of Harrison.
The Goblins took possession with 3:25 to play in the first quarter.
Just over two minutes later, Brock Bumphrey found twin brother Hunter Humphrey for a 32-yard touchdown.
Harrison led, 14-8, after one quarter.
Greenbrier scored early in the second, but failed on a 2-point conversion as the game was tied at 14 with 11:38 to play in the first half.
The Gobs would reclaim the lead 5 minutes later.
Reeves got a 25-yard field goal to put the Goblins up, 17-14.
The defense came up with a turnover as Garrett Stacy intercepted a Greenbrier pass at the Goblins' 22-yard line an returned it to midfield.
Brock Humphrey found Kirkland for a 24-yard score with 1:24 to play in the half.
Greenbrier drove down to the Harrison 5-yard line, but the defense held as time ran out on Greenbrier.
Harrison held a 24-14 lead at the break.
Greenbrier came out on fire in the second half.
The Panthers held Harrison to a punt and then scored to cut the Goblin lead to 24-22.
A Harrison fumble on fourth down gave Greenbrier the ball again and the Panthers capitalized.
Greenbrier scored two minutes later but failed on a 2-point conversion for a 28-24 lead.
Harrison answered with a 62-yard touchdown pass from Humphrey to Huskey. Jordan Reeves nailed the extra point as Harrison went up, 31-28.
The Panthers added another score for a 34-31 lead with 51 seconds to play in the third.
The next score would come from the Goblins as Will Potts took a direct snap and plowed into the endzone from 1-yard out. Following the extra point from Reeves, Harrison held a 38-34 lead.
Those would be the final points for the Goblins.  Greenbrier TD to give them 41-38.
The Goblins miss a FG to tie it up.
Greenbrier score brings them a 10 point lead.
The Goblins faced a fourth down with 12 yards to go and were unable to convert as Brock Humphrey's pass sailed over Silas Huskey's head.
Greenbrier took over on down and proceeded to run the clock out for the win.

Like I said earlier, Heck of a game.  If you didn't see it, you missed a great game.  It did come down to who made the most mistakes and who had the ball last.

Jayepea

Hey Postal u dressing up for the Vilonia game? I'm thinking of going as Blade.

Jayepea

Hey Postal r u dressing up for the Vilonia game? I'm thinking of going as Blade.

Go Postal

Quote from: Jayepea on October 25, 2014, 01:33:51 am
Hey Postal u dressing up for the Vilonia game? I'm thinking of going as Blade.
Marvel Universe, good choice.  I can't make it to the next game, but I usually go to games in my Goblin colors and my natural Goblin semi-mullet 'fro.  LOL.

Jayepea

Seems like a lot posters can't make it to away games I understand. Maybe I'll meet you next season in Harrison.

PercussionMan

Well...I made the correct prediction...10 point victory...I just picked the wrong team!!  Greenbrier must be much improved from their week one conference game. 

pantherblue

Greenbrier did not play well at all against moTown but still had chances to win that game. Glad they are pulling it together late. 

beagleman01

Yes they are starting to gel some go big blue

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas