• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farmington vs Vilonia

Started by InYoGrill, October 19, 2014, 03:58:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Thoughts? Vilonia played Maumelle tough last week but the hornets turned the heat up in the second half. Farmington played Morrilton tough before losing. A good 2.5 hour road trip ahead for the Eagles. Playoff seedings at stake.

V 35 F 32

sevenof400

The season is on the line now for Vilonia - lose this game and playoff hopes pretty much go up in smoke.  With Farmington and Clarksville at the bottom of the 5A West, any loss to either of those two teams this year pretty much means you can make alternative plans for the playoffs.   

Of Vilonia's 3 wins this year, 2 are unimpressive (Beebe - OOC, Clarksville) but then there is the matter of interpreting the Morrilton win.  One could look at that game in a number of ways and come out with different interpretations each time. 

At any rate, this is a must win for Vilonia.

PWDad

I agree, I think this is a very important game for V this week. I am not sure it is a deal breaker for playoffs but I think mentally for this team they need to get over the hump! The West looks to be wide open still in the middle

Jayepea

Here's the deal, I've got a ball game Friday @ 7pm in Farmington & a ball game Sat. the next mourning 10am @ VTown. (I like to drink beer) My ? to y'all is, who wants to get limo to take us there and carrie us back. Or a dd to drive my nissan 4dr Titan. I think we'd have more fun Getin a limo they're not that expenseive.

Go Postal

Yes the West is wide open.  Maumelle still might make West Champs this year.  But anything below the Hornets can happen in the last 3 games for playoff seed.  Go Luck to all teams in the last 3 games.  Welcome to the West, Maumelle, LRCA and Farmington!  Stuff can happen yet!

Jayepea

Can anyone give us history on Farmington, other than " long ways " & " grass feild "?

Jimmymack

Jayepea

Idk jimmy prob. U in? This party is leaving around 1 y'all in? Who's in? I'm serious

GO EAGLES!!!

Jayepea

Any of y'all own a plane? I'm open to flying

Jayepea

The bottom line is, Everyman needs to stay ready this thing called the 5A could bust open @ any second!

vtowneagles

Jp I told ya lay off the highlife!

The Future

Vilonia helps their playoff chances with a win
Farmington just waitin on the end of the season

Vilonia 35 Farmington 14

DerekOxford

Farmington has been in every conference game this season. If you had to sum it up in two words, it would be: missed opportunities.

That's to be expected in the Cardinals' first foray into 5A competition. They've got a good quarterback and a running back who can go for 100 on any given night. Plus a couple of solid athletes on the perimeter.

I think they'll give Vilonia a real run for their money and it will be Senior Night for a big class. Don't be shocked if they pull off the upset.

PWDad

Quote from: DerekOxford on October 21, 2014, 11:37:20 am
Farmington has been in every conference game this season. If you had to sum it up in two words, it would be: missed opportunities.

That's to be expected in the Cardinals' first foray into 5A competition. They've got a good quarterback and a running back who can go for 100 on any given night. Plus a couple of solid athletes on the perimeter.

I think they'll give Vilonia a real run for their money and it will be Senior Night for a big class. Don't be shocked if they pull off the upset.

Very good point, the senior leadership is exactly what V town is missing. That can make a huge difference in the latter part of the season. In fact, I don't really see any of the athletes taking a leadership role on the Vtown team

PercussionMan

Quote from: Jayepea on October 20, 2014, 09:33:54 pm
Can anyone give us history on Farmington, other than " long ways " & " grass feild "?

Don't know just a whole lot about them.  I went up and watched them Friday night.  Morrilton should have blown them out (had a 28-7 lead, and I think even a 35-13 lead)...Morrilton didn't get their 13 points for tiebreaker, because Farmington never quit and only lost by 7!  They have a very good QB who throws the ball extremely well (threw for over 330 yards, 3TDs, and was about 65-68% on completions) .  He has 2-3 solid receivers that know how to gain yards after catch and could get to the end zone on any given play.  Their RB seemed to be pretty stout as well but was held in check pretty well Friday night.  Two different styles of offense, but could be a good game.  I wouldn't be surprised if Farmington won at home, especially if they can get going early in the game.

InYoGrill

Quote from: PWDad on October 21, 2014, 12:05:46 pm
Quote from: DerekOxford on October 21, 2014, 11:37:20 am

Very good point, the senior leadership is exactly what V town is missing. That can make a huge difference in the latter part of the season. In fact, I don't really see any of the athletes taking a leadership role on the Vtown team

PW Dad, good point. I rarely see or hear them talking up on the  sidelines. Pumping up the crowd or each other especially during a tight game or getting after each other after a disappointing series. It can make a difference with a younger team. Emotional play can sometimes keep you in close games and also win tough ones.

Jayepea

October 25, 2014, 12:09:44 am #16 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:29:53 am by Jayepea
Willis is the boss & the Vilonia offence put in a good days work tonight. The gameball goes to the defence. This is the most complete game I've seen Vilonia play this season.

Vilonia 27 20

Jayepea

Hello, did everyone make it home safe? Where's everyone? Vilonia won let's talk about it. Hello, Vilonia fans am I the only one. Farmington fans?

Jayepea

I guess the fairweather - close game fans will chime in in the mourning.

Ranger

Great game by the Eagle defense!

Jimmymack

Vilonia kids were excited high fiving each other and even the coaches!  Even after a bad series I could hear the kids saying positive and encouraging things to each other!  Emotion was at a all time high.  Hats off to Farmington, they played tough.  Great job by the kids and coaching staff.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Jayepea on October 25, 2014, 01:15:31 am
Hello, did everyone make it home safe? Where's everyone? Vilonia won let's talk about it. Hello, Vilonia fans am I the only one. Farmington fans?

Glad everyone made it back safe. Farmington fans on FF? Are there any at all?? I saw the game update scores throughout the night. Seemed like a close fought game but very good win on the road. We need to beat Harrison to get a 3rd or 4th spot. Way to fight Eagles.

sevenof400

Vilonia did part of what it had to do (win the game) but by only getting 7 tiebreaker points, that may come back to haunt the Eagles when playoff bids are determined. Vilonia needs to win out if they want to make the post season.

Jimmymack

IYG  The team even had the crowd eating out of their hands!  lol  you r a tool

InYoGrill

Quote from: Jimmymack on October 25, 2014, 08:26:12 pm
IYG  The team even had the crowd eating out of their hands!  lol  you r a tool

LOL... And we now know why most folks think V posters like you are idiots. Way to represent the town and school.
You are a disgrace to be on this board. An embarrassment to even show you support Vilonia. Do the town and school a favor and just move on. You are as stupid as they come and just a troublemaker. But you already knew that so this post on the FF world doesn't matter. Please folks, ignore this garbage can.

Jimmymack

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas