• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Week 8 Vote

Started by AT, October 17, 2014, 10:08:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

You guys know the rules by now.

You can go ahead and vote unless you are dying to see the Little Rock Fair vs. Little Rock McClellan score. This will be very interesting this week.

MY POLL

1. Batesville - Right now, they have the best win in 5A AND are undefeated in conference. I think they have been number one on the field (which is what matters)

2. Pulaski Academy - They keep winning big like they are supposed to.

3. Maumelle - Undefeated in conference and they have beat every team in conference by at least two scores.

4. Wynne - A close game against my number one team. I was a little surprised to see them lose, but I think they are still top 5.

5. Sylvan Hills - I have them below Wynne even though they are undefeated because of last week's close win against Jacksonville. They will sort this out Week 10 anyways.

6. Hot Springs - I also have this undefeated team in conference behind Wynne, but I really want to see how they do next week.

7. Harrison - They keep moving up because their only conference loss is to my number 3 team.

8. Watson Chapel - The biggest gainer in my polls after beating last week top ten White Hall. This team has been surprising in conference play.

9. Camden Fairview - I have them below Watson Chapel because the Magnolia loss looks worse after this week.

10. Greenbrier - The Panthers jump back into my top ten after a big win over Little Rock Christian.

MikeDiesel™

Fan of Blytheville

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Maumelle
6. Harrison
7. Nettleton
8. Hot Springs
9. Camden Fairview
10. Watson Chapel

Intelligentsia

1.  Batesville
2.  P.A.
3.  Wynne
4.  Maumelle
5.  S.Hills
6.  Hot Springs
7. C.F.
8. W.C.
9.  Harrison
10.Nettleton

Lionheart88

1   PA 6-1 (+1) After Wynne's display tonight, the #1 is PA's to lose.
2   Batesville 6-1 (+2) Huge win tonight.  They should win the East no problem.
3   Wynne 6-1 (-2) Big loss tonight, but they'll still roll to the #2 in the East and make a playoff run.
4   Maumelle 6-0-1 (-1) Batesville's rise bumps them down, but they're still going strong.
5   Sylvan Hills 7-0 (+/-0) Back on track after the hiccup last week.  Should roll to week 10.
6   Hot Springs 4-3 (+4) Making a big impression this week.  I look forward to seeing them in person next week.
7   Fairview 5-2 (+/-0) Back on track, but there's still a lot of questions to be answered about what happened last week.
8   Harrison 4-3 (+/-0) I don't think anyone will have them below LRCA this week.  ;)
9   Greenbrier 4-3 (+6) Statement win tonight. Helps heir playoff positioning immensely.
10   Watson Chapel 3-4 (+10) They earned their spot tonight. I was very impressed.

Rising in: Greenbrier, Watson Chapel
Dropping out: White Hall, LRCA

Others considered: LRCA, Nettleton, Farmington

Go Postal

October 17, 2014, 10:57:46 pm #4 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:01:36 am by Go Postal
Before the voting starts, I want to throw my next novel out about the Goblins.
Posters said, "You need to keep winning to get my vote".  I quite agree.  Before I post this novel on tonight's game, some posters might say that, "It was against Clarksville, Cmon!".  This is understandable.  But the Goblins seem to be getting better each week.  Lost to a great Maumelle team, beat LRCA and Morrilton (who had a victory tonight) at their turf.  Won against Clarkville at home (Brought the JV team in the 3rd quarter to finish the game).
Anyway, here is my novel on what happened in tonight's Goblin game...

The Harrison Goblins didn't waste any time putting their foot on the gas pedal on Friday. Harrison blitzed the Clarksville Panthers, 63-14, on Homecoming at F.S. Garrison Stadium. The Goblins jumped on the Panthers quick with two scores in less than 3 minutes. The first score came on a Brock Humphrey pass to Kanon Kirkland for 67 yards. Jordan Reeves nailed the extra point and the Goblins led, 7-0. Hunter Humphrey recovered a Clarksville fumble for Harrison, and the Goblins scored 2 minutes later. Brock Humphrey found Kirkland again on an 8-yard score to make it 14-0. Clarksville scored to cut the Harrison lead in half, but the Goblins would respond with the next five scores. All five of those scores came on Brock Humphrey passes. Hunter Marshall caught the first score for a 5-yard touchdown to set the sore at 21-7 after the first quarter. Kirkland then caught his third score of the night as the score moved to 28-7 with 5:27 to play in the first half. After a Silas Huskey interception for the Goblins on the defensive side of the ball, Kirkland hauled in his fourth touchdown catch of the half on the very next play for a 30-yard score. Huskey grabbed his second interception of the game on Clarksville's next possession. The first offensive play for the Goblins saw Brock Humphrey hit Huskey for a 33-yard score. Marshall caught his second touchdown pass on a 68-yard play to set the score at 49-14 at the half. Harrison added a pair of touchdowns in the second half to secure the win. Brock Humphrey hit Huskey for a 54-yard score at 8:52 of the third quarter for a 56-14 lead. Taner Edwards then entered at quarterback and found Lincoln Day for a 7-yard score to post the final score. Brock Humphrey was 15-of-23 for 416 yards and eight touchdowns in the game. Edwards was 2-of-2 passing for 10 yards and a score. Kirkland hauled in nine catches for 189 yards and 4 touchdowns. Huskey added 154 yards on four catches with two scores, Marshall two catches for 73 yards and two scores and Day two grabs for 10 yards and a touchdown. Lance Foushee rushed 14 times for 52 yards. Will Potts added 49 yards on 12 carries, Brock Humphrey 20 yards on two rushes and Edwards one yard on two carries. Potts led all tacklers with 7.5. Cody Taylor added 6, Cooper King, Hunter Guynn and Michael Martin 3.5 each, Huskey and Josh Williams three apiece, Cordell Campbell 2.5, Colton Messick and Dalton Gilley two each, Tel Parker, Colby Morgan, Marshall, J.J. Hastings and William Sparks one apiece and Stephen Wewers, Levi Mathis, Austin Martin and Austin Tate .5 each. Reeves was 9-of-9 on extra-point attempts. The Goblins are now 4-3 overall and 3-1 in 5A-West play.

Greenbriar next at Goblin Stadium.  Will someone please from the West beat Maumelle.  LOL  ;)

InYoGrill

Veagle

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. S. Hills
5. Maumelle
6. Harrison
7. Hot Springs
8. Camden Fairview
9. Watson Chapel
10. Briar

kwwolves2012

Fan of Wynne

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Maumelle
6. Hot Springs
7. Camden Fairview
8. Harrison
9. Greenbrier
10. Watson Chapel

Chief_Osceola™

Fan of Maumelle:

1. PA - With the Wynne loss, they are firmly in the top spot in my poll.
2. Batesville - Very impressive win.  They jump back up this week.
3. (tie) Maumelle - I was concerned about depth with losing a starting LB and starting RB being banged up, but the backups have performed well.  Offense continues to improve.
3. (tie) Sylvan Hills - They are interchangeable with Maumelle. After a scare last week, they are back with a vengeance this week.
5. Wynne - They could probably be at 3, but Maumelle and Sylvan Hills looked strong this week. Not a knock on Wynne; I just can't justify not moving Maumelle/Sylvan Hills up.
6. Harrison - The tough early schedule must have prepared them well for the rest of the regular season.
7. Hot Springs - Four solid wins in a row, and they control their destiny in the South.
8. Camden Fairview - I'm not sure what to do with the Cardinals.  Obviously very talented, but the coaching situation makes me wary.
9. Nettleton - They are quietly putting together a nice season.
10. Greenbrier - Good win against a good LRC team.

I wanted to put Watson Chapel in here, especially after a good win over rival White Hall, but I feel like Greenbrier has an edge in their overall body of work.  They win next week, they're firmly in the top-10.

GuvHog

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Hot Springs
6. Camden Fairview
7. Watson Chapel
8. Maumelle
9. Harrison
10. Forrest City

Fan of WC

MDXPHD

October 18, 2014, 07:54:46 am #9 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 07:56:46 am by MDXPHD
It's crazy how Batesville beats the number one team, who many people said were way above everyone else, and is in second in a lot of people's polls.  PA will stick number one because they don't play anybody.  Sylvan Hills is their best competition and we don't even know if they are that good this season.  Unless you just count in the fact that they beat a very average Jacksonville team by 6, but we can't do that because sometimes people have off nights.

Playoffs will be interesting.  Batesville most likely at PA in the semifinals,  which won't be anything new for Batesville to play there.  Wynne, because of losing last night, has a fairly simple road to WM.  It could very well be a matchup of two East teams in the finals.  2003 all over again.

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2014, 07:54:46 am
It's crazy how Batesville beats the number one team, who many people said were way above everyone else, and is in second in a lot of people's polls.  PA will stick number one because they don't play anybody.  Sylvan Hills is their best competition and we don't even know if they are that good this season.  Unless you just count in the fact that they beat a very average Jacksonville team by 6, but we can't do that because sometimes people have off nights.

Playoffs will be interesting.  Batesville most likely at PA in the semifinals,  which won't be anything new for Batesville to play there.  Wynne, because of losing last night, has a fairly simple road to WM.  It could very well be a matchup of two East teams in the finals.  2003 all over again.

I watched Batesville play WC in the first game of the season. Unless Batesville has improved by leaps and bounds since then, they are no match for PA. WC should have won that game but multitudes of mistakes cost them dearly.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GuvHog on October 18, 2014, 08:07:40 am

I watched Batesville play WC in the first game of the season. Unless Batesville has improved by leaps and bounds since then, they are no match for PA. WC should have won that game but multitudes of mistakes cost them dearly.

They got blown out by Batesville.  Mistakes are part of the game.  That's why Wynne lost to Batesville too huh? WC is currently 3-1 in the south I believe, so I'm not sure where you are going with this.  PA does this every single season, then they meet a team that plays football and is physical and they don't know what to do.

VHSCoach2

Fan of Vilonia

1. Batesville
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Wynne
4a. Sylvan Hills
4b. Maumelle
6. Hot Springs
7. Harrison
8. Watson Chapel
9. Greenbrier
10. Camden Fairview

AT

9 polls in already. Keep it coming guys.

Intelligentsia

Guvhog, Batesville has obviously improved since that game and the coaches seem to have fully embraced the fact that they must throw the ball a lot, to win.  It's hard to swallow for those among us who love smash mouth football, but it is what it is.  Our defense has struggled against the run, but seem to steel themselves often enough to get key stops; that combined with a smart secondary defense which comes up with key interceptions in nearly every game.  This is just another average Batesville team with a few standout athletes; developed into a better than average TEAM and coached by maybe the best defensive mind in Arkansas coaching, Stu Smith, and among the best pair of offensive minds with coaches Miller & King.

WPWells

Numbers never lie:

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Maumelle
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Harrison
7. Camden Fairview
8. Hot Springs
9. Greenbrier
10. Nettleton

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2014, 08:32:17 am

They got blown out by Batesville.  Mistakes are part of the game.  That's why Wynne lost to Batesville too huh? WC is currently 3-1 in the south I believe, so I'm not sure where you are going with this.  PA does this every single season, then they meet a team that plays football and is physical and they don't know what to do.

Were you at the Batesville-WC game??? Doesn't sound like you were.

GuvHog

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 18, 2014, 10:34:08 am
Guvhog, Batesville has obviously improved since that game and the coaches seem to have fully embraced the fact that they must throw the ball a lot, to win.  It's hard to swallow for those among us who love smash mouth football, but it is what it is.  Our defense has struggled against the run, but seem to steel themselves often enough to get key stops; that combined with a smart secondary defense which comes up with key interceptions in nearly every game.  This is just another average Batesville team with a few standout athletes; developed into a better than average TEAM and coached by maybe the best defensive mind in Arkansas coaching, Stu Smith, and among the best pair of offensive minds with coaches Miller & King.

It's good to read that the Pioneers have improved. WC has too by leaps and bounds so if they were to meet in the playoffs, it would be a much better game. Not saying WC would win but it would be a better game.

DogsWin7

October 18, 2014, 10:57:28 am #18 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:22:46 am by DiehardFBfan
Fan of 🏈

1. Batesville
2. Wynne (they are still the better team IMO)
3. Pulaski Academy got it still to prove in my opinion.
4  Sylvan Hills
5. Maumelle
6. Hot Springs
7. Harrison
8. Watson Chapel
9. Greenbrier (surprised me with their win over LRC)
10......Camden Fairview

Intelligentsia

Quote from: GuvHog on October 18, 2014, 10:55:55 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 18, 2014, 10:34:08 am

It's good to read that the Pioneers have improved. WC has too by leaps and bounds so if they were to meet in the playoffs, it would be a much better game. Not saying WC would win but it would be a better game.

I suspect it would be very good. WC is fast and they have one defender that was a monster.  Had a number in the 50s.  When we tried to run around the end he had made it there, ate lunch, took a nap and woke up to make the tackle:)

michael2370

Fan of Batesville.

1. Batesville
2.  Wynne

Final in the rock

MDXPHD

Quote from: GuvHog on October 18, 2014, 10:51:50 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2014, 08:32:17 am

Were you at the Batesville-WC game??? Doesn't sound like you were.

Yes, I was at the game. I have seen PA play as well.  PA, Batesville, and Wynne are the three top teams in 5A, in no particular order.  PA is not unbeatable.  Just curious, who did you watch PA play?

pantherblue

Fan of Greenbrier

Batesville
Wynne
Pulaski Academy
Sylvan Hills
Maumelle
Camden Fairview
Hot Springs
Forrest City
Greenbrier
Harrison

Youngsta71701

Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Maumelle
6. Hot Springs
7. Camden Fairview
8. Watson Chapel
9. Harrison
10. Nettleton

AT

13 polls in. Vilonia can only have one more fan enter a poll. Everyone else is good.

Good job, guys, keep 'em coming.

Go Postal

Week 8
Fan of Harrison

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Maumelle
6. Harrison
7. Hot Springs
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Watson Chapel

Hoghead

Fan of Hope...

1. PA.....They continue to Brass knuckle, onside kick and not punt their way to the top !
2. Batesville......Won the 5A East Friday. Set the Trailer Park on fire in Wynne and walked away laughing !
3. Sylvan Hills.... Does a Bear eat raw meat in the woods ? Sylvan Hill Bears do !
4. Maumelle......Hornets flying high and undefeated in the 5A West !
5. Wynne......Finally played somebody and got punched in the face at home ! Being the bully isn't fun anymore. LOL !!!
6. Hot Springs....Trojans continue their take no prisoners march through the 5A South. They're playoff bound !
7. Camden Fairview.....Cards slowly getting up from the Magnolia embalming !
8. Forrest City...... Mustangs couls steal the 5A East 2 spot !
9. Harrison.... The Gobs are Jekyl and Hide. Trick or Treating their way through the 5A West !
10. Watson Chapel..... The 6 Time 5A Champs are back ! Ok, ok, they've won 3 in a row and beat WH like rented mules !

wing

Fan of CF.

1. PA
2. Batesville. (Great win guys!)
3. Wynne
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Maumelle
6. Hot Springs
7. CF
8. Harrison
9. Greenbrier
10. Watson Chapel

chaingang

Fan of Wynne

1.  PA
              2.  Batesville
              3.  Wynne
              4.  Sylvan Hills
              5.  Maumelle
              6.  Hot Springs
              7.  C F
              8.  Greenbrier
              9.  Forrest City
             10.  Harrison

Overdahill

PA fan:

Batesville
PA
Wynne
Maumelle
SH
HS
CFV
Harrison
WC
GB

AT

18 polls in. Camden Fairview, Wynne, and Vilonia can only have one more fan vote. Everyone else is good. Remember, you have until Wednesday at midnight

hogwild_82

Fan of FC

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Hot Springs
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Maumelle
7. Camden Fairview
8. Greenbriar
9. Forrest City
10. Harrison

Complete Biased PoV

Fan of PA

1.  PA 6-1 (0)- Glad I didn't drop them to #2 last week.  2 1/2 weeks to the Conference Showdown!
2.  Batesville 6-1 (+1)- I was expecting the Pioneers to possibly "upset" Wynne.  Assuming PA takes care of business in week 10, this sets up a 2012 State semi-final rematch.
3.  Sylvan Hills 7-0 (0)-  North Pulaski week...it was essentially a bye week.  The Bears' last 3 games are against fellow playoff teams, and there is a possibility they are physically beat up a bit going into Joe B. Hatcher Stadium in week 10. 
3.  Wynne 6-1 (-1)- I was weary of putting Wynne at #1 because of their schedule up to last week, it appears they are coming into the tougher part of their schedule.  Can they get through weeks 9 and 10 and keep their 1 loss record?
5.  Maumelle 6-0-1 (0)- Really close to being a 3 way tie for 3rd place in my poll.  It will be interesting match-ups during playoffs.
6.  Harrison 4-3 (0)- Yea, it was Clarksville week...Maybe they can still take care of business in weeks 8 & 9.
7.  Camden Fairview 5-2 (0)-  See if they can keep their spot after weeks 9 and 10.
8.  Nettleton 5-2 (+1)- Starting to believe in these guys a little bit. But they still have Forrest City and Wynne to play.  The Raiders may be looking at a first round match-up with PA.
9.  Hot Springs 4-3 (+1)- The Trojans have their sights set on the 1 seed out of the South, will they be able to get it away from Camden Fairview?
10.  Forrest City 4-3 (NR)- Finally, putting them in my top 10, this week will tell whether or not they truly deserve the ranking.

Dropped out: Little Rock Christian

AT

20 polls in.

Bump for visibility.

Go Postal

I want to do a side note and bump for visibility.

Congratulations to Harrison's own Goblin, Brock Humphrey on reaching 2191 yards on passing in 7 games.  I believe that he leads the 5A in that.  Also Harrison only deployed 2 of 3 Varsity RBs during the last game (one was healing from the game before), 3-4 RBs if you count the Jr Varsity during the last game, 4-5 players rushing if you count our QB during the last game.

Still three games to go for all 5A conferences before playoffs.  Good Luck to all.

AT

Just another bump for visibility. You have the rest of today and tomorrow to put in a poll.

AT

One more bump for visibility on the last day of polls. Thanks guys.

RamFan06

Fan of Lakeside

1. PA
2. Sylvan Hills
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. Maumelle
6. Hot Springs
7. Fairview
8. Harrison
9. Greenbrier
10. Watson Chapel