• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Week 7 Top Ten Poll

Started by AT, October 16, 2014, 05:34:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Alright so the votes are in and here is the week 7 top ten poll decided by the fans on Fearless Friday

Please feel free to comment, criticize, and analyze in this thread by the way.

Format
(Movement in polls)Rank...Team - Points received (number of 1st place votes)

Top 10
()1...Wynne - 216 (18) - A 39-0 win over Valley View keeps the Yellowjackets undefeated and on top of our poll.

()2...Pulaski Academy - 201 (4) - A 30 points win over Beebe keeps the Bruins at number two. They are losing a tiny bit of ground to Wynne.

(+2)3...Batesville - 164 - After the drop last week, the Pioneers rise back to the number three spot after a 23-6 win over Forrest City.

()4...Sylvan Hills - 161 - The Bears are closing in on the 3 spot after a close win over Jacksonville (28-22).

(+1)5...Maumelle - 132 - The Hornets keep winning and keep moving up. Interesting fact: Maumelle is the only top 5 team with a win over a current top 10 team.

(-3)6...Camden Fairview - 75 - The 0-29 loss to Magnolia wasn't a pretty result to say the least. The Cardinals didn't exactly plummet in the rankings, though. It seems the pollsters respect their overall body of work.

(+2)7...Hot Springs - 60 - The Trojans are on top of the South standings after a 52-12 drubbing of DeQueen, but stay one spot behind Camden Fairview in the rankings.

(+4)8...Little Rock Christian - 55 - The Warriors raise their stock quite a bit in the rankings after beating Vilonia 28-12.

(+2)9...Harrison - 50 - A 15 point win against Morrilton shoots the Golden Goblins back into the top 10 for the first time in a few weeks.

(-3)10...White Hall - 48 - The Bulldogs are at 10 after a 49-35 win over Lakeside. How interesting is this...after losing to Camden Fairview in week 5, White Hall moved up one spot. After beating Lakeside, White Hall moves down 3 spots. It seems Camden Fairview's loss hurt White Hall as much as Camden Fairview.

Others receiving votes:
11. Magnolia - 30, 12. Nettleton - 10, 13. Greenbrier - 7, 14. Forrest City - 2

Pollsters (22)
Almatrackster, pantherblue, Intelligentsia, Hoghead, Overdahill, Complete Biased POV, DiehardFBfan, GuvHog, InYoGrill, VHSCoach2, chaingang, kwwolves2012, proud_dad, 12th Man CHS, DaOldRef, Chief_Osceola, wing, Youngsta71701, Lionheart88, Go Postal, RamFan06, MikeDiesel

AT

October 16, 2014, 05:34:52 pm #1 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:40:48 pm by Almatrackster
GAMES OF INTRIGUE

Games that involve top ten teams this week.

1. Wynne vs. 3. Batesville - This is the biggest game of the year so far for our polls. One could argue this is currently the best 5A rivalry. Whoever wins this will probably win the East. A de facto conference championship is always fun no matter what. Could Batesville jump to number one with a win? Will Wynne widen the gap between them and Pulaski Academy if they are victorious?

2. Pulaski Academy vs. NR. Jacksonville - The Bruins saw that this Red Devil team gave Sylvan Hills everything they wanted. PA has to be ready for everyone's best shot, too. Can they avoid the upset/close game this week?

4. Sylvan Hills vs. NR. North Pulaski - Sylvan Hills won't have trouble this week. It will be interesting to see if they can jump over the Wynne-Batesville loser with a large margin of victory over the Falcons.

5. Maumelle vs. NR. Vilonia - Vilonia may not have received any votes this week, but they still seem to be dangerous. Maumelle could help themselves move up even more with a win this week. Vilonia is looking to jump into the top ten for the first time with a huge win.

6. Camden Fairview vs. NR. De Queen - The Cardinals look to rebound this week against the easiest game for them in conference. A big win by Camden Fairview could give them some confidence back.

7. Hot Springs vs. 11. Magnolia - The Trojans and Panthers have proven to be surprises this year. Hot Springs is looking to show they are ready to position themselves for top dog in the South, while the Panthers are ready to prove that their first two conference games were the exception and not the rule after their big win last week.

8. Little Rock Christian vs. 13. Greenbrier - The Warriors are looking for another win to put themselves in position for a 5A West championship. Greenbrier needs to win this week if they want a top two seed for the playoffs. Whoever wins this will probably shoot up in the rankings.

9. Harrison vs. NR. Clarksville - The Golden Goblins need to win big this week to keep moving up. Harrison is still in position for a conference championship.

10. White Hall vs. NR. Watson Chapel - Another dangerous non ranked team. White Hall had an opportunity open up with the Camden Fairview loss and they want to take full advantage. If Watson Chapel wins, they will probably start gaining a lot more votes.

AT

October 16, 2014, 05:35:08 pm #2 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:11:39 pm by Almatrackster
The point totals received by each conference:

East - 392
Central - 362
West - 244
South - 213

Voter count:
East - 5 voters
Central - 2 voters
West - 6 voters
South - 6 voters

AT

October 16, 2014, 07:11:51 pm #3 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:01:58 am by Almatrackster
Bump for complete update

mijally

It amazes me that Harrison can go to LRC, beat them down, and pollsters will vote LRC higher. What are ya thinking on that?  I'm not from Harrison, but just trying to understand the logic. Curiosity only. Did you think it didn't happen?  Did you forget?  Was there an injury and someone very important didn't play for LRC?  Do you dislike Harrison personally? 

Go Postal

October 16, 2014, 09:48:46 pm #5 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:59:01 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: mijally on October 16, 2014, 09:30:11 pm
It amazes me that Harrison can go to LRC, beat them down, and pollsters will vote LRC higher. What are ya thinking on that?  I'm not from Harrison, but just trying to understand the logic. Curiosity only. Did you think it didn't happen?  Did you forget?  Was there an injury and someone very important didn't play for LRC?  Do you dislike Harrison personally?
I'm from Harrison, "it is what it is" going into week 7.  The West conference has always been a confusing scenario each and every year.  Who beat who in nonconference, H2H, points difference, whatever in conference play.  Very competitive conference.  I voted Harrison above LRCA, but the Warriors should be back and healthy in the upcoming games, Heck, even the Devil Dogs should be healthy in the upcoming games that they and Warriors were not 100% health in the games with the Goblins.  Very interesting season, 4 games to go in conference play.  Someone from the West beat Maumelle, please.  LOL. ;)

Of course from a Goblin perspective, the 3 teams that beat us, 6A Alma, 6A Siloam Springs and 5A Maumelle are still in the top 10 of their respective conferences after Week 6.

Lionheart88

I had Harrison 8, LRCA 9 in my poll, but I'd guess that it's probably the body of work.  LRCA is 4-2, Harrison is 3-3.  Folks can probably point to that and rationalize it as "LRCA had an off night against Harrison, but still has the better record".

Intelligentsia

Overdahill

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 16, 2014, 10:08:53 pm
I had Harrison 8, LRCA 9 in my poll, but I'd guess that it's probably the body of work.
  LRCA is 4-2, Harrison is 3-3.  Folks can probably point to that and rationalize it as "LRCA had an off night against Harrison, but still has the better record".

Makes sense to me.

Memo to gripey fans: if you want your team to move up in the polls then keep on winning😃

mijally

Why ya gotta be so...ruuuude?  Not griping and not a fan. Just an old dude asking a question trying to figure out all the love for LRC.  Thought maybe they were missing some players or something.

RamFan06

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 16, 2014, 10:08:53 pm
I had Harrison 8, LRCA 9 in my poll, but I'd guess that it's probably the body of work.  LRCA is 4-2, Harrison is 3-3.  Folks can probably point to that and rationalize it as "LRCA had an off night against Harrison, but still has the better record".

I agree with Lionheart, I had Harrison 9 and LRC 10 but the rational for some not moving Harrison up is the same reason I still have Fairview in the poll and not Magnolia. That one loss does not erase the entire body of work for Fairview and the win does not make up for the losses that Magnolia has had to this point. To move up they have to keep winning.

justalionfan

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 16, 2014, 05:34:52 pm
GAMES OF INTRIGUE

1. Wynne vs. 3. Batesville - This is the biggest game of the year so far for our polls. One could argue this is currently the best 5A rivalry. Whoever wins this will probably win the East. A de facto conference championship is always fun no matter what. Could Batesville jump to number one with a win? Will Wynne widen the gap between them and Pulaski Academy if they are victorious?

only time will tell..... 9 hours....

Overdahill

Quote from: mijally on October 17, 2014, 08:59:01 am
Why ya gotta be so...ruuuude?  Not griping and not a fan. Just an old dude asking a question trying to figure out all the love for LRC.  Thought maybe they were missing some players or something.

It's less about LRC than about Harrison. 3-3 vs avg competition is just not that impressive. Consistent winning would change that perception

mijally

I'll be curious to see how the LRC vs Greenbrier game turns out.

pantherblue

Greenbrier beat LRC tonight at LRC.

AT

There's going to be probably our biggest shake up so far this year in the next poll.

pantherblue

It's that time of the season. 

Off the subject. Poor Alma!!

AT

Quote from: pantherblue on October 17, 2014, 09:52:47 pm
It's that time of the season. 

Off the subject. Poor Alma!!

Hasn't been a fun past few weeks. I will say Conway is extremely good and would probably make every team in 5A look like that.

pantherblue

Conway is very stout.  Greenwood lost to Bryant and Van Buren beat Russellville lol

DogsWin7

Suxxxxxxxxx!  I don't know what the heck happened tonight across the State in Football!!🏉🏉👀😭

pantherblue

Looks like Benton is going to be on top of 6a!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas