• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle vs Vilonia

Started by DaOldRef, October 12, 2014, 01:54:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayepea

Harrison has a very nice setup and private moneys make every place better. Oak Grove- Mallmelle is a program that is back on the rise. Paulaski County Special School District has a lot on its plate I'm sure they will get this problem corrected. Momma got a sweet pic. of the boy takeing a pee by the fence @ halftime

InYoGrill

I sure didnt realize that our team had no locker rooms to go to. Chief O. was busy talking to me at half so I didnt pay attention. Kind of shame to not have visitor locker rooms or stands yet have what looked like a 4 story climb to the double decker college size press box. Also the home stands seat thousands.

Jayepea

We prob. could have bused or walked back to the gym but that would have taken half of half time. I thought VTown looked tuff pulling up on the feild full pads in a old bus getin off & looking mean! It was nice weather for us so coach choose feild for halftime.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Go Postal on October 20, 2014, 07:59:50 pm
It's a shame about what I'm hearing about the visiting teams situation.  I don't know what the PCSSD means, but there should be changing rooms for the visiting team.  Is there some rich person or businesses that want to make a private donation to the Maumelle school facilities?  It might even be tax deductible for them or maybe the visiting facilities could be at least named after them or both.  Just a thought.
When Maumelle or Vilonia or any team comes to Harrison, they change in the Mosco Cash Center indoor practice field in I believe in the Lady Goblins locker room.  That facility was built from private funds, not school funds by a 'Old time Goblin'.  Though visiting teams use the Cash Center, our plans are still to complete a visitor's locker room, visitor's concession stand and adding 500 more visitor's seating to complete our $8,600,000 football/soccer/track stadium dream.  But that will be from private donations, again, not school funds.
I hope someone or private individuals/businesses from the Maumelle/Little Rock area will think about this and donate toward upgrading the facilities.  Especially since Maumelle has done very, very well in their first season in the 5A.

You pretty much just described the 'long story' part of my previous post.  Kroger was willing to donate a large sum of money to help with the costs, provided we name the field Kroger Field.  The PCSSD was having none of that though.  They didn't want one school to receive that large of a donation from a corporate sponsor.  We have the resources, but the PCSSD is so inept and crooked that we can't get anything done.  We have a baseball field on campus that could be really nice if we were allowed to finish it, but again the PCSSD is dragging its feet, so we have to play across town at the Diamond Center, which in and of itself is pretty nice, but it's a hassle.  The baseball team is currently using the on-campus field as its practice facility.  The PCSSD is worthless.

Jayepea

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 20, 2014, 09:52:18 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on October 20, 2014, 07:59:50 pm
It's a shame about what I'm hearing about the visiting teams situation.  I don't know what the PCSSD means, but there should be changing rooms for the visiting team.  Is there some rich person or businesses that want to make a private donation to the Maumelle school facilities?  It might even be tax deductible for them or maybe the visiting facilities could be at least named after them or both.  Just a thought.
When Maumelle or Vilonia or any team comes to Harrison, they change in the Mosco Cash Center indoor practice field in I believe in the Lady Goblins locker room.  That facility was built from private funds, not school funds by a 'Old time Goblin'.  Though visiting teams use the Cash Center, our plans are still to complete a visitor's locker room, visitor's concession stand and adding 500 more visitor's seating to complete our $8,600,000 football/soccer/track stadium dream.  But that will be from private donations, again, not school funds.
I hope someone or private individuals/businesses from the Maumelle/Little Rock area will think about this and donate toward upgrading the facilities.  Especially since Maumelle has done very, very well in their first season in the 5A.

You pretty much just described the 'long story' part of my previous post.  Kroger was willing to donate a large sum of money to help with the costs, provided we name the field Kroger Field.  The PCSSD was having none of that though.  They didn't want one school to receive that large of a donation from a corporate sponsor.  We have the resources, but the PCSSD is so inept and crooked that we can't get anything done.  We have a baseball field on campus that could be really nice if we were allowed to finish it, but again the PCSSD is dragging its feet, so we have to play across town at the Diamond Center, which in and of itself is pretty nice, but it's a hassle.  The baseball team is currently using the on-campus field as its practice facility.  The PCSSD is worthless.

So many children's lives r in the mix with pcssd it's hard to do it all. Vote & make a diff.  Darrin McFadden would be a great spolkspearson for the pcssd.

DaOldRef

October 21, 2014, 10:13:55 pm #55 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:19:21 pm by DaOldRef
The PCSSD is basically inept since the State Department of Education has stepped in because of financial distress and eliminated the school board.  According to State Law, no school board; no involvement of private funds allowed until school board is reestablished.  Darren has been approached and has said he'd donate some, but nothing can be accepted until the State releases control back to the school board.  Also, according to what some people have told me, legislative restrictions currently in place prohibit Maumelle from having its own district.  These restrictions came after Jacksonville started its process of separating from PCSSD.  Who knows what those restrictions actually are, is beyond me.
Honestly I thought the visitors were using the Freshman locker room which is in the opposite end of the field house from the varsity.
It is a real nice football facility, except for not having visitor stands.  SEVERAL things got cut from the construction budget and it wasn't even completed on time.  Have you even noticed that there isn't a track?  But I think that several schools have put the track away from  their football facility. 
A lot of "private money" goes to PA, Arkansas Baptist, LRC, CAC, Catholic, etc even though it resides in Maumelle.  So is life.....

Go Postal

Quote from: DaOldRef on October 21, 2014, 10:13:55 pm
The PCSSD is basically inept since the State Department of Education has stepped in because of financial distress and eliminated the school board.  According to State Law, no school board; no involvement of private funds allowed until school board is reestablished.  Darren has been approached and has said he'd donate some, but nothing can be accepted until the State releases control back to the school board.  Also, according to what some people have told me, legislative restrictions currently in place prohibit Maumelle from having its own district.  These restrictions came after Jacksonville started its process of separating from PCSSD.  Who knows what those restrictions actually are, is beyond me.
Honestly I thought the visitors were using the Freshman locker room which is in the opposite end of the field house from the varsity.
It is a real nice football facility, except for not having visitor stands.  SEVERAL things got cut from the construction budget and it wasn't even completed on time.  Have you even noticed that there isn't a track?  But I think that several schools have put the track away from  their football facility. 
A lot of "private money" goes to PA, Arkansas Baptist, LRC, CAC, Catholic, etc even though it resides in Maumelle.  So is life.....
Heck, it makes me wonder, doesn't the PCSSD know that Maumelle and even LRCA are in the West now?  We want and require good facilities for 5A visiting teams.  I understand about LRCA, having been in the 5A, but Maumelle has done very well since moving up from 4A this season. Maumelle could even be hosting the 1st round of playoffs.  They (PCSSD) need to look at their books/ledgers once again and think of a different solution. 

DaOldRef

Maumelle hosted a 4A playoffs game last year against Stuttgart, I think, then went on the road to play Lonoke, then went to Valley View where the Hornets lost.
I thought that separate visitors stands would have been a requirement, but that's not the case.  You just have to have a certain capacity apparently.
It we hold the course, should host a 1st round game.

DaOldRef

Also, LRCA is in the Little Rock School District, not the PCSSD.  Part of the problem is that a district or school board is spread across a multitude of schools and geographic region that makes it almost impossible to have the schools run effectively, academically or athletically.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: DaOldRef on October 21, 2014, 11:13:53 pm
Also, LRCA is in the Little Rock School District, not the PCSSD.  Part of the problem is that a district or school board is spread across a multitude of schools and geographic region that makes it almost impossible to have the schools run effectively, academically or athletically.
LRC (Little Rock Central) is in the LRSD.  LRCA (Little Rock Christian Academy) is a private school and has no district.

DaOldRef

Yup, my bad. LRCA is private.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas