• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teams NOT meeting preseason predictions?

Started by InYoGrill, October 12, 2014, 10:57:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Select one and explain below why they haven't?

Hope
23 (67.6%)
Watson Chapel
4 (11.8%)
Jacksonville
2 (5.9%)
Briar
4 (11.8%)
BB
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

InYoGrill

Over halfway through the season and some teams picked to do well are struggling. List the ones you think were suppose to be better and why they haven't.

Hope- Preseason top 10 and contender for South. Wheels fell off fast.
Watson chapel- Every year Chapel has state champ T's made before start of season. .50 each at yard sale now.
Jville- Has been a decent team in 5A since dropping from 6A, even was a state power years back in big class,nowbasketballs.
Briar- Thought this was the year for the kittens to win the west without GW and Alma moving up. Need more 7on7. lol!
BB- Usually a solid seed behind Batesville and Wynne every season and at least a 1st rd game. Doubtful unless they win out.

The Future

I like these 2 threads lol.

My pick is Hope. Even though most of us knew that last year was just a one hit wonder, all the Hope and South posters all claimed Hope will win it all in 2014.

Dalegribble

How could hope have high expectations. They lost half their defense from last year. Plus the entire backfield and a all conference receiver. Plus the qb that was the leader of the team. I mean no team could replace all that talent with out taking a step back.

tmycjy

I'm going with W. Chapel I think when u switch from a run game to a all passing game that take a few year to get it there

AT

October 12, 2014, 05:40:44 pm #4 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:44:16 pm by Almatrackster
Quote from: Dalegribble on October 12, 2014, 04:28:02 pm
How could hope have high expectations. They lost half their defense from last year. Plus the entire backfield and a all conference receiver. Plus the qb that was the leader of the team. I mean no team could replace all that talent with out taking a step back.

Probably because we didn't have all that information before the season, but there was some excitement surrounding Hope for sure. Camden Fairview had one disappointing game, but I wouldn't say they've had a disappointing season considering the Cardinals had to deal with a complete coaching change.

Greenbrier still has a lot of time to make up for it, but I've been surprised they aren't winning the big games. I thought they were going to be the 5A West favorite and I think a lot of other people did too.

rapstr

Hope honestly did lose a lot including the whole secondary with 3 starters returning back to defense but boy do i see a future for those kids.

Intelligentsia

Greenbrier has not performed as well as I expected.  I had little doubt that the Hope hype was just that.  I hope the CF surprise was just a small setback.  I have a lot of respect for the work those kids put in, and I would hate to see their program take a serious tumble.

Hoghead

Hope, they lost a bunch of talent. But with the hype and on paper replacements Hope looked primed to keep rolling in Coach Turley's system. The youth of this squad crumbled to the challenge left by last years 5A South Champs and 5A semifinalist.

InYoGrill

WOW!!! What has happened to BB the last few weeks? They are turning it around as usual in 2nd half of season to try and make the playoffs. Nice win against SH!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 31, 2014, 09:53:50 pm
WOW!!! What has happened to BB the last few weeks? They are turning it around as usual in 2nd half of season to try and make the playoffs. Nice win against SH!

The answer to this question is simple! Tripp Smith returning from injury!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 01, 2014, 07:58:43 am

QB for BB?

Uncle Ivan

Hope.

I take that back, it was obvious they'd suck.

Hoghead

November 01, 2014, 11:13:26 pm #12 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:13:45 am by Hoghead
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 01, 2014, 08:08:58 pm
Hope.

I take that back, it was obvious they'd suck.

21-0 .

AT

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 01, 2014, 06:50:40 pm
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 01, 2014, 07:58:43 am

QB for BB?

He's that fullback for the Badgers. Big kid that's very hard to bring down. Alma had all sorts of trouble with him in the playoffs last year. He's a difference maker in that offense they run.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas