• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulaski Academy at Beebe-weather delay

Started by Bondfan4ever, October 11, 2014, 03:11:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bondfan4ever

Last night was certainly an interesting night as far as the weather conditions.  That was the first time in 15 years as a broadcaster that I was involved in a game that was delayed due to lightning.  First, I want to applaud all of those involved in making sure that everyone was safe and out of the weather.  I also want to thank Jay and Lanny and Chris from PA as well as the cameramen from channel 7 for helping me out with weather updates.  We in the media have a great responsibility as far as informing, not alarming.  We have a ton of listeners out of town and out of state who may not have known immediately what was going on and I wanted to make sure that they knew that everyone was safe.  Once again, my thanks to everyone for their help and I want to wish PA luck the rest of the season.

Shane Smith, voice of the Beebe Badgers on the Badger Sports Network, www.beebebadgers.org

football nut

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on October 11, 2014, 03:11:56 pm
Last night was certainly an interesting night as far as the weather conditions.  That was the first time in 15 years as a broadcaster that I was involved in a game that was delayed due to lightning.  First, I want to applaud all of those involved in making sure that everyone was safe and out of the weather.  I also want to thank Jay and Lanny and Chris from PA as well as the cameramen from channel 7 for helping me out with weather updates.  We in the media have a great responsibility as far as informing, not alarming.  We have a ton of listeners out of town and out of state who may not have known immediately what was going on and I wanted to make sure that they knew that everyone was safe.  Once again, my thanks to everyone for their help and I want to wish PA luck the rest of the season.

Shane Smith, voice of the Beebe Badgers on the Badger Sports Network, www.beebebadgers.org
Thanks for the great hospitality. Great facilities, really great hot dogs and very nice folks!
Wonderful setting for high school football.
The weather delay was interesting and made for a long night.
Only thing that would have made it more fun would have been to have dinner at Andersons before the game. As an ASU Beebe Alum I really miss that place. ( young people will have no idea what I am talking about)
Good luck to the Badgers!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas