• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville @ Wynne

Started by Jacketalum07, October 08, 2014, 05:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

No.  It's football.....smack talk is always in it's respective season.  :)

justalionfan

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 20, 2014, 05:47:51 pm
Quote from: MoTownDog on October 20, 2014, 01:57:52 pm
In Morrilton's defense, we have been playing with our 3rd string sophomore quarterback.  Not many teams could do this and be very successful.  Yet, we have managed to win a couple games still.

Wynne's been playing without its starting tailback.  It happens.
And without there starting corners and safety!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 21, 2014, 01:00:51 pm
In Morrilton's defense, we have been playing with our 3rd string sophomore quarterback.  Not many teams could do this and be very successful.  Yet, we have managed to win a couple games still.

Pretty sure I heard the tailback is out for the season; will the corners/safety return this season. P With more experience in those positions, a trip to War Memorial is even more likely.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 21, 2014, 03:09:44 pm

Pretty sure I heard the tailback is out for the season; will the corners/safety return this season. P With more experience in those positions, a trip to War Memorial is even more likely.
No...they are off the team...I don't know many teams that lose 4 starters and still could possibly play in championship!

PercussionMan

What happened to the tailback?  Is he is the super sophomore from last year that piled up yards?

#1jacketfan

Quote from: PercussionMan on October 21, 2014, 03:53:17 pm

What happened to the tailback?  Is he is the super sophomore from last year that piled up yards?
Yes....he had hip surgery...doing better he thinks he might make it back for the 2nd round possibly...idk tho....we needed him bad fri nite!

Go Postal

I've heard a lot about PA's offense.  Onside kicks, going on 4th down.  Etc...  Harrison has been doing this also for the last few years and are starting to get it down.  But that means that the West conference is starting to recognize this and adjust accordingly.  Heck I have been surprised when another West team does the same style this season.  Sometimes good, sometimes bad..  But Harrison's kicker can also put it in to the endzone constantly, if need be, to throw off the other team's game play.  It comes down to...
How good is your offense to gain yards on a possession.
How good is your defense to stop the other team's possession.
How good is your special teams on either side of the ball.

Intelligentsia

No...they are off the team...I don't know many teams that lose 4 starters and still could possibly play in championship!
[/quote]

Still a talented team - I'm sure pulling for Wynne!!  I'd love a ra
Rematch; that was a great game.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 21, 2014, 10:45:24 pm

Still a talented team - I'm sure pulling for Wynne!!  I'd love a ra
Rematch; that was a great game.
Yes it was a great game...some of our kids said it was a fun game.....I hope we see a rematch as well!

walkingguy72396

When I picked my score I based it on what I expected it would take to win the game.  I still think it holds true.  If you want to beat Batesville or Wynne, Its going to take 35 points.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 22, 2014, 07:44:09 am
When I picked my score I based it on what I expected it would take to win the game.  I still think it holds true.  If you want to beat Batesville or Wynne, Its going to take 35 points.

I think the only team out there that could give either one of those teams trouble is PA...I dont know what kind of defense they have faced this year....but they have been putting up big numbers!

FD4

Our Tailback had some sort of hip injury from last season from which he had received a minor surgery.  He did well, recovered and got back in the weight room but it seemed to be giving him trouble as the season closed in and finally it must have gotten to the point to where he needed additional surgery which ended this season for him or so I'm told. Great young man too.  His cousin is the tailback at Cross County High School.  I think between the both of them they rushed for over a mile last season.

justalionfan

Quote from: FD4 on October 22, 2014, 08:07:28 am
Our Tailback had some sort of hip injury from last season from which he had received a minor surgery.  He did well, recovered and got back in the weight room but it seemed to be giving him trouble as the season closed in and finally it must have gotten to the point to where he needed additional surgery which ended this season for him or so I'm told. Great young man too.  His cousin is the tailback at Cross County High School.  I think between the both of them they rushed for over a mile last season.

I watch his cousin highlight video on hudl, That dude is a beast. here is his highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2792676/highlights/84793392

PercussionMan

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 21, 2014, 03:56:29 pm

Yes....he had hip surgery...doing better he thinks he might make it back for the 2nd round possibly...idk tho....we needed him bad fri nite!

Wow!  I didn't realize he was out.  I talk to coach's dad nearly every week, and he keeps me update on how Wynne is doing.  I figured he would have mentioned that, unless he just didn't realize it.  That kid is definitely a game changer.  I don't imagine you lose too many games when you've got a guy that can run for 150-200 yards per game pretty consistently to go along with the rest of the offensive weapons there.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: PercussionMan on October 22, 2014, 10:14:38 am
Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 21, 2014, 03:56:29 pm

Wow!  I didn't realize he was out.  I talk to coach's dad nearly every week, and he keeps me update on how Wynne is doing.  I figured he would have mentioned that, unless he just didn't realize it.  That kid is definitely a game changer.  I don't imagine you lose too many games when you've got a guy that can run for 150-200 yards per game pretty consistently to go along with the rest of the offensive weapons there.

Yes I agree.....he definitely would have been a factor in last Fri nite's game!

playmaker04

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 22, 2014, 08:39:45 am

I watch his cousin highlight video on hudl, That dude is a beast. here is his highlights.

Anfernee "Antman" Davis. Just a junior. 149-1341-19 TDs through 7 games. Could you imagine both of them in backfield together?

justalionfan

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 22, 2014, 11:02:31 am

Anfernee "Antman" Davis. Just a junior. 149-1341-19 TDs through 7 games. Could you imagine both of them in backfield together?

True.... You you imagine him as a yellowjacket period?

Hoghead

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 22, 2014, 11:59:54 am

I'm sure the recruiters at Wynne have offered him a package to get him away from Cross County High.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 22, 2014, 01:16:49 pm

I'm sure the recruiters at Wynne have offered him a package to get him away from Cross County High.

I doubt it.....he's no threat to wynne...lol

Hoghead

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 22, 2014, 01:29:27 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on October 22, 2014, 01:16:49 pm

I doubt it.....he's no threat to wynne...lol
No, but he'd be a asset !

Uncle Ivan

We really oughta start crootin CC.

Those Colt/FC recruits aren't enough; but are getting us sued.

stinger1

thank you finally someone mentioned it without the suspension of those players the dbs that kept getting burned would not have been on defense

Uncle Ivan

They shouldn't have done what they did to get suspended.

Only saying.

MoTownDog

Any truth to the rumor that coach hill is trying to be the offensive coordinator at Harding next year.  I've heard he has applied. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: MoTownDog on October 22, 2014, 07:49:28 pm
Any truth to the rumor that coach hill is trying to be the offensive coordinator at Harding next year.  I've heard he has applied.

And.....there it is....

#1jacketfan

Now that's a good one!

football nut

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 22, 2014, 07:56:29 pm

And.....there it is....
So what if he is?? Coach Hill is a very good coach and would be a great asset to Harding. He is well spoken and will fit into college coaching very well. If he stays at Wynn it's great, if he goes to Harding its a win for Harding as well.
Good luck either way Coach..

#1jacketfan

Coach Hill is a great coach...he would be a huge asset to there program...I would hate to see him go....but I wouldn't blame him!

DogsWin7

October 22, 2014, 09:38:32 pm #379 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:42:07 pm by DiehardFBfan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 19, 2014, 07:16:40 pm
Think MoTownD has a bit of a hidden agenda.

Quote from: football nut on October 22, 2014, 09:24:42 pm

And.....there it is....
So what if he is?? Coach Hill is a very good coach and would be a great asset to Harding. He is well spoken and will fit into college coaching very well. If he stays at Wynn it's great, if he goes to Harding its a win for Harding as well.
I have no problem with it....pick your battle with someone else please...I wish him the best in whatever may be.  :)

football nut

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 22, 2014, 09:38:32 pm
Quote from: football nut on October 22, 2014, 09:24:42 pm

And.....there it is....
I have no problem with it....pick your battle with someone else please...I wish him the best in whatever may be.  :)
LOL

MoTownDog

I wasn't trying to stir the pot.  Well, maybe a little.   But I did actually hear that from a reliable source. 

justalionfan

We have an even better coach then Hill already in wynne. When Coach McBride was the Jr. Jackets coach, they went undefeated.

michael2370

The Jr. High from Wynne was beat LST week by Batesville.  I am not positive but I do not think the Jr. High team has beat Batesvilles Jr in at least two or three years.  Batesvilles Jr has won 19 straight games.  This is counting conference and non conference.

stinger1

mcbride was the jr.high coach 4yrs ago and did a very good job. hill moved him up to high school staff and has been an asset to the team. i think he would make a good head coach and would like to see him given an oppurtunity if hill leaves. hill will leave at some point and when he does i will say thank you for elevating all aspects of the program. before he came it was a team now it is a program.

justalionfan

Quote from: michael2370 on October 23, 2014, 08:53:18 am
The Jr. High from Wynne was beat LST week by Batesville.  I am not positive but I do not think the Jr. High team has beat Batesvilles Jr in at least two or three years.  Batesvilles Jr has won 19 straight games.  This is counting conference and non conference.

justalionfan

385 post on the thread, there is no way i am going to let this thread die now. who's ready to see a rematch?

walkingguy72396

I saw it.  Then thought no-way is there some-thing more to say on it.

If the re-match happens.  Guess it will not elevate the perception of the East.

It will just be said the two horse confrence has two of the best teams in the state.

Intelligentsia

I would love an all East final.  I bet it would be a great game!!  It appears that the Pioneer coaches have committed to the passing game, allowing it to set up an occasional run.  After watching the Blyethville game, it may be that the next couple of weeks will be focused on practicing new routes and honing the touch of the QB and receivers.  I would not be surprised to see the backup QB throwing quite a bit, as well; preparing just in case Crawford sustains an injury.  The backup has a good arm and can scramble, as well.  He just needs more game time with the stable of receivers.

Hoghead

Quote from: stinger1 on October 22, 2014, 04:36:18 pm

thank you finally someone mentioned it without the suspension of those players the dbs that kept getting burned would not have been on defense
Its evident they're undisciplined players and were due to hurt this Wynne team.

FD4

All for a rematch, but....got to get there and that aint gonna be easy, sort of like what Forrest said about shrimpin, "tough".  Rematch's are good, like Leonard and Herns, Ali and Frazier, King Kong and Godzilla........the list goes on.  There are two other teams out there that are quiet as a mouse, and taking care of business.  If the East wants in WM on December 6th, I get the feeling we will have to go through Central to do it.

OLineman

Quote from: Hoghead on October 29, 2014, 01:50:06 pm

FC will be a good test for those new DBs then, with their starting RB out FC is going to throw to their stud recievers.

FD4

we have guys that can play the corners, but, you mis those players that started at those positions.  Good teams adjust.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: OLineman on October 30, 2014, 08:30:13 am
Quote from: Hoghead on October 29, 2014, 01:50:06 pm

FC will be a good test for those new DBs then, with their starting RB out FC is going to throw to their stud recievers.

I think he will be doing more running than anything....he's gonna be under a lot of pressure....I dont think he throws well under pressure!

OLineman

FC's quarterback loves to scramble, unless I am mistaken he has a few scrambles for a touchdown. But I agree, Mustang's OL wont be able to keep the dogs back and will result in the QB being flushed out. Then it comes down to who can run him down, or out of bounds.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas