• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC West, I mean 5A West predictions

Started by InYoGrill, September 23, 2014, 05:43:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gonna win the conference this season?

Vilonia
3 (7.3%)
Harrison
7 (17.1%)
Farmington
8 (19.5%)
LR Christian
5 (12.2%)
That "other" team
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Go Postal

October 09, 2014, 10:30:12 pm #50 Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:33:12 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Jayepea on October 09, 2014, 09:51:43 pm
This week will say alot about who's #1 in the Wild West!
Not sure what you're saying.  trackster gave a possible prediction on this week.
If LRC and Greenbrier win this Friday, we'll have a crazy 5A West.

Maumelle 2-1 (beat Harrison)
LRC 2-1 (beat Vilonia)
Greenbrier 2-1 (beat Maumelle)
Harrison 2-1 (beat LRC) or Morrilton 2-1 (beat Greenbrier)

But if you are talking about a Maumelle or Vilonia win.  Then okay in Week 3,  but there is 4 weeks to play.  I still think there can be some upsets in the weeks to follow.

Go Postal

So after 3 weeks of conference play, Maumelle leads, Vilonia, LRCA and Harrison are tied for 2nd place.  Morrilton and Greenbrier can come back in to the mix in the last 4 weeks.  Heck, Farmington and even maybe even Clarksville can pull an upset to complicate things.  Anything can still happen in the West.
I love the West on their competitive play.  Every week is a new scenario.
Usually the averege for a team to get to the playoffs is to win at least 4-3 in conference play to get to the playoffs.  Then H2H and/or then points diff.  This usually happens in the West, not only for this sport, but for most sports.  But games won doesn't always make it for you to go to the playoffs, it can come down to games lost in conference play.  For instance in football back in '08, underdogs Goblins beat State Champs Bulldogs by 3 points in a 99 point game at Greenwood, but could not beat Siloam Springs in the season.  Goblins had a 7-3 season, but lost to CAC, Alma and SS in conference play and ended 4-3 in conference.  Greenwood ended up winning the '08 State title.
So, West teams, play each week's game as it is like the championship game, get the win (H2H), try to get the points difference (if needed), always try to do the upset (this is the West that I know).

Good Luck West teams!

The Future

Postal, great post as always (even had to bring up that 08 Greenwood Harrison showdown haha).

But 1 error. Greenwood didn't win the 08 title. We made it to the semis and PA blew us out of the water and went on to beat Helena to win the title that year. I don't know if that was just a typo or not, but hey if you wanna give Greenwood another state title, who am I to keep you from it??  :D

The Future

Maumelle 3-0
Harrison 2-1
Vilonia 2-1
LRC 2-1
Greenbrier 1-2
Morrilton 1-2
Farmington 1-2
Clarksville 0-3

Morrilton at Farmington
Morrilton still trying to get a for sure spot in the playoffs. If they win out, it would certainly help their chance, but they will need some help from the teams above them. Farmington probably has the toughest schedule left in the conference and will be beggin to get the bballs rollin after week 10 is said and done.
Morrilton 42 Farmington 7

Clarksville at Harrison
Both teams in opposite directions. Harrison showing some fruit to back up all the talk from this past year or so. While Clarksville who made a bit of noise last year hasn't made a sound yet this season. With 2 tough games after this week for Harrison, a good win by a good margin will be just the bit of motivation to get them past one of, if not both, Vilonia and Brier in the next 2 weeks. Clarksville will be teaming up with Farmington to practice bball a bit early this year.
Harrison 35 Clarksville 0   :o

Greenbrier at LRC
LRC trying to hold onto a playoff seed while Brier is trying to climb back up into the playoff hunt. West game of the week right here IMO. Most likely will come down to who has the ball last. Home team advantage to LRC will be 7 points right there. Both have what it takes to win. We'll see what happens.
Greenbrier 24 LRC 21

Vilonia at Maumelle
If you would have told me Vionia would be making a playoff run in 2014 back in August, I would not have believed ya. But if you would have told me Maumelle would be leading the conference after week 6, well I would have called you crazy! Vilonia trying to break a 3 way tie for the second seed with LRC and Harrison by pulling a huge upset at Maumelle who is trying to hold on to a undefeated conference record. They have already taken down 2 big teams in Harrison and Brier and have 2 more toughies left in Vilonia and Morrilton, then an easy win with Farmington before ending on what should be a decent win against LRC. At worst I say Maumelle goes 6-1.
Maumelle 42 Vilonia 28

After week 7
Maumelle 4-0 still undefeated and still lookin good.
Harrison 3-1 their win along with LRC and Vilonia losing puts them in sole possession of the second seed. For now.

The next 4 spots is up for whatever. Brier and Morrilton get the wins and Vilonia and LRC will lose but each of them has shown they can beat any one of the other. I really don't like doing this and rarely do it, but for now I'm gonna put these 4 in my own order of who I think has the better chance of winning out,  but really they could go whichever way.

Greenbrier 2-2 most likely will finish 2-1 in their final 3 games
Vilonia 2-2  could go 1-2 in their final 3 games but beat Morrilton head to head
Morrilton 2-2 A loss to both Vilonia and Brier may be enough to keep Morrilton out of the playoffs this year
LRC 2-2 Yea they beat Vilonia a couple weeks ago, Vilonia may end up having more wins.

Arg I hated that part lol. Really I could agree with any order of those 4 spots right there. If the teams I picked to win this week all win, then hopefully next week will clear the water a bit more.
Then you got the bottom 2

Farmington 1-3 Will they improve next year?
Clarksville 0-4 Same as above?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas