• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Score Reporting Procedure

Started by Brian G, August 31, 2014, 03:25:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Most of this is review.

1. Scores are reported by class on each classification board.

2. Threads for scores are not for general chatter.  You are encourageed to start game specific thread for each game that you wish to post comments.

3.  Game threads should only have the most recent score and if you have it a description of the play.  List both teams by name and score w/time the best you know it.

EXAMPLE:  Tinseltown 14  Haters 6  3:00 left 2nd Q  Smith with a Pick 6 return
The reason for this is I strive to update scores as quickly as possible.  This is done by my clicking the "new replies" to score threads.  If there is conversation, it wastes time for the updates.  I'm also checking other forms of social media and email so your help here is appreciated..

4. It's very important to not abbreviate(or use just mascots) to the point that I can't tell for sure.  There can be 100+ games so SC to me could mean Star City or Shiloh Christian in the heat of keying in the scores.

5.  Please use the word FINAL when a score is final.  I don't assume it unless I see it.

6.  You can submit scores by quarter only to ffscores@gmail.com  Please just by quarter.

On a normal night, we have all the final scores by 11:00.  Doing this scoreboard has become something I've been proud of the past 5 years or so.  You the posters are the beneficiaries and your input is appreciated and critical.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian G

We are looking for people that can take the lead for their school or schools by conference.  You would simply be the point person that would post scores for those teams as soon as you know them.

Nothing official.  Just appoint yourself as your conference guru.  Often there is a lot of score sharing by text and then it could just accumulate to here.

AT

September 02, 2014, 04:50:03 pm #2 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:07:05 pm by Almatrackster
Wrong forum...still stuck in 5A mindset

Lionheart88

I should be at most, if not all, White Hall games.  I can take the lead there.

Go Postal

Sounds good, I need to see if pantherblue, IYG or sevenof400 wants to post scores to me or me to them.  That's only three West teams.  The problem is if we can get someone from Motown, Clarksville, LRCA, Farmington and Maumelle to join up with our text group.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Go Postal on September 04, 2014, 07:50:58 pm
Sounds good, I need to see if pantherblue, IYG or sevenof400 wants to post scores to me or me to them.  That's only three West teams.  The problem is if we can get someone from Motown, Clarksville, LRCA, Farmington and Maumelle to join up with our text group.

I can cover Morrilton for you, if you need me to.

gatecrasher

I got you for Cutter Morning Star and El Dorado.

Brian G

DaOldRef

B.G., I can report for Maumelle.  I keep the stats for them.  I'd just have to get in the habit of doing it.

Intelligentsia

msthang200721

Uncle Ivan

November 03, 2014, 09:11:16 pm #11 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:13:00 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: B.G. on August 31, 2014, 03:25:56 pm
2. Threads for scores are not for general chatter.  You are encourageed to start game specific thread for each game that you wish to post comments.

3.  Game threads should only have the most recent score and if you have it a description of the play.  List both teams by name and score w/time the best you know it.

...This is done by my clicking the "new replies" to score threads.

Which is done for a reason.

I never said much about it, but when I did the scoreboard, chit chat on score threads drove me slightly bonkers.  "WILL YOU SHUT UP" ran through the mind more than a few times a night, because you were hitting new replies only to see someone yakking. 

Then there were the people who wouldn't update on the score threads, but on their own game thread.  You had to chase those scores down. 

All of this on dial-up then, btw.  I don't miss it at all.

Brian G

It still goes on.  Chatter has gotten a lot better on game threads.  You won't believe the resolve it takes when in a hurry to gather them.

I appreciate all the work done before the years that I have done this. One thing I like is how we've really evolved a "in progress" scoreboard as much as a finals board.

Next year, the score board will "auto refresh" on game night.  How dang cool is that?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: B.G. on November 03, 2014, 09:28:17 pm
One thing I like is how we've really evolved a "in progress" scoreboard as much as a finals board.

Oh, absolutely.  Some nights you could not get scores from certain games until Saturday morning.

Quote from: B.G. on November 03, 2014, 09:28:17 pmNext year, the score board will "auto refresh" on game night.  How dang cool is that?

Interesting.  How's that gonna work?

Brian G

Douglas is installing something that does it.  We share ideas and he implements them with Lanny signing off on it.

I guess it will be some kind of applet like the Gamecast feature on ESPN and other sites.

Heck, the ticker at the top is awesome and many people don't even notice it.  This site is not done with putting on new bells and whistles.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas