• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside at Magazine

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, December 12, 2016, 01:52:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

Termashran

AT

Boys or girls?

I'll go with both:

I won't make predictions since I have a vested interest in Westside.

Girls:

I think this is a great matchup. Magazine is a quick, disciplined team. Their quickness will have to be handled. I think Westside may have equal talent, but I think Magazine has more experience. I do think, although I didn't want it for my heart, that the Lady Rebels needed the Hector double OT game. I think it woke up a fire inside of them. Kiara Thomas vs. Ashlyn Stricklin (if this becomes a matchup) will be the duel to watch. With it being a road game, it's a tossup.

The boys, Magazine should be the favorites, but I'm not being a homer when I say these Westside Rebels are playing well and are well coached by Coach Duncan. Moral victories don't count, but they have stayed very close with some teams with much more talent. They were within 5 in the 4th quarter against Hector and that was with one starting guard out of the game. I'd love to see the boys pull out a win on the road. Beating Decatur at Decatur wasn't expected, so maybe they can do it again.

AT

Westside girls won, Magazine boys won.

Haven't seen scores yet, wasn't able to attend the game. I heard the girls was a close one.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Girls game was close. Good ballgame, with Westside holding on. Boys game was not as close, although Westside played well in spots.

Termashran

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas