• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freshman Gerald Doakes Best Player in 2A?

Started by BirdCall, November 07, 2016, 11:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BirdCall

Does anybody know why a Freshmen 5 Star player like Doakes goes to Jacksonville Lighthouse 2A school instead of attending Jacksonville High where the competition is way better? I heard he is just as good as Malik Monk was at this age and could possibly be as good as Monk or better and that's a scary site.

BigLion10

BigLion10

If he really is that good he maybe a titan before too long

Head Lion

I can tell you without seeing him, he does not compare to Monk.

HorseFeathers

Um.....lighthouse lost to a 1a school that isn't in the conversation for top 5 in their class....so either he has no supporting cast....or he isn't as advertised

NWA Hawg

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 07, 2016, 09:12:48 pm
Um.....lighthouse lost to a 1a school that isn't in the conversation for top 5 in their class....so either he has no supporting cast....or he isn't as advertised

Who?

BigLion10

NWA Hawg

BirdCall

BigLion10

Good looking kid not near the talent monk was though and will have trouble carrying Lighthouse by himself this year

coachzo

I coach Gerald on the AAU Circuit. Hes the real deal. He does even more damage on the AAU Circuit. Hes about 6'3 can score at all levels. Struggles with focusing on defense but the right coach in high school or college can correct that. As far as a monk comparison, nah I don't see that from him. He's more of a Archie Goodwin comparison with how easy the game comes to him but hes way more skilled then archie was in the 9th grade. He's also a gym rat. He's a lighthouse cause of one simple thing....shot attempts. Coach Joyner is notorious for not playing 9th and 10th graders a lot. Hes more heavy on the senior leadership tip. My bet is he'll transfer to a larger school in the 11th grade. 6A is what Jacksonville moved up to I believe and that's not that tough of conference

lionfan59

I'm not sure I say the best right now but he sure is on his way to being. He was really impressive the other night. Had weekness on defense but seemed to score at will.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on November 07, 2016, 01:48:58 pm
I can tell you without seeing him, he does not compare to Monk.

+1 HL  Monk scored 47 against North Carolina Saturday lol!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas