• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

13-2A regular season

Started by BigLion10, November 06, 2016, 07:10:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bildo

Carlisle girls couldn't throw it in the ocean through three quarters, got in foul trouble and shot terribly from the free throw line. With that said, Poyen outplayed them last night. It is clear that they need to work on some things and I am sure they will get that done. They knew it would be a tough environment to play in, and that should help them on down the road.

Carlisle boys, with most of them only practicing twice before the game Monday because of football Friday night, showed signs of improvement. Led by three at halftime and only scored two points in the third quarter.

BigLion10

England girls have a tough task tonight as they travel to 1A favorite Wonderview

Bildo

Probably the best team in 1A.... maybe in some other classifications also. Good luck.... tough to get a W in that place

HoopKing

I hear that both coaches for Carlisle got technicals.

Bildo

Quote from: HoopKing on November 22, 2016, 12:12:47 pm
I hear that both coaches for Carlisle got technicals.
Yes... and both teams responded positively. The girls game was rough... very rough, that was expected. Just hard to prepare for it until you are put to the test. That's why it was good for them. There is a possibility of a rematch next week in the Harmony Grove tournament. I expect the game to be played differently.
I don't think the boys coach's technical was warranted... he was vocal, but it looked as if he was trying to get the attention of the ref to ask about a call and got hit with it... hard to say. They have a lot of kids that will see some playing time. It will be interesting to see how that works out. Everyone wants to play as much as they can, I get it. I just hope they all stick with it and play hard for the times they are in the game. If they understand that quality outweighs quantity, they can be effective. Their bread and butter will have to be in your face defense and keep running in kids off the bench. They're not gonna have that kid that will give you 25pts and 15rebs a night... at least not at this moment.

Bildo

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 22, 2016, 09:38:43 am
England girls have a tough task tonight as they travel to 1A favorite Wonderview
Keep us posted....

BigLion10

BigLion10

Took a big one on the chin tonight was not pretty at all. Wonderview has a great team and poured it on us. I believe we will use this and get better each week got a week off till we play in the Conway st joe tourney

Basketballfan21

Wonderview-86
England-48 Sr.Girls

MomaLion

Clarendon girls play Marianna Friday in Marianna.

Bildo

November 23, 2016, 09:04:42 am #60 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:09:32 am by Bildo
Quote from: BigLion10 on November 22, 2016, 10:52:04 pm
Took a big one on the chin tonight was not pretty at all. Wonderview has a great team and poured it on us. I believe we will use this and get better each week got a week off till we play in the Conway st joe tourney
You hate to lose but it is all about getting better this time of year... Yall will rebound, I am sure of that!!!

da greatest bigbaby

Go clarendon lionettes whip the  marianna lady Trojans friday

BigLion10

How'd Clarendon do against Riverview tonight?

Bildo

Sr Girls
Carlisle 45
Harmony Grove 17

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 29, 2016, 10:59:47 pm
How'd Clarendon do against Riverview tonight?
Sr boys lost by 2 in a barn burner. Contain their #5 and you stop their game but that's not easy to do. He can hit from the outside but prefers to drive to the hoop.
Our girls got destroyed. We were missing our best player to concussion and they just manhandled us. Their coach kept starters in most of the game,  even with an early 30+ lead. Looked like he was padding his daughters stats.
Our Jr boys lost by 10 or so but played a heck of a game. Great experience all around and their gym is very nice.

da greatest bigbaby

Great game for  the lions I think Riverview is ranked like no.4 in 4a 1 Baptist prep 2 Monticello 3 pea ridge 4 Riverview then Malvern maumelle Brooklyn ect  an Riverview girls are last year 4a  state champs soo yeah not bad we hold our own with any of em  lol now as for as 2a Augusta go they  got a whip'n come'n friday  guaranteed lol an j' tyia should be back for the whip'n on the   Augusta girls friday now theirs that before you 2a  guys start wondering in saying yaw can hang lol picture that lol lions by 30 whip em

Bildo

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on November 30, 2016, 01:44:24 pm
Great game for  the lions I think Riverview is ranked like no.4 in 4a 1 Baptist prep 2 Monticello 3 pea ridge 4 Riverview then Malvern maumelle Brooklyn ect  an Riverview girls are last year 4a  state champs soo yeah not bad we hold our own with any of em  lol now as for as 2a Augusta go they  got a whip'n come'n friday  guaranteed lol an j' tyia should be back for the whip'n on the   Augusta girls friday now theirs that before you 2a  guys start wondering in saying yaw can hang lol picture that lol lions by 30 whip em
I have no idea what you just said....

MomaLion

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on November 30, 2016, 04:09:44 pm
I understood it fine.
Thats because you already have the information. Just pretend you didn't know anything about the games from friends and watching the games.

I did get that Clarendon will beat Augusta in girls basketball. Or at least I think I did.

MomaLion

bdubyab60

MomaLion

Nah, y'all will figure it out eventually  ;D

Basketballfan21

Carlisle Lady bison- 66

Poyen Lady Indians-57 final

Bildo

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on December 01, 2016, 09:47:30 pm
Carlisle Lady bison- 66

Poyen Lady Indians-57 final
The Lady Bison will play in the finals against Jessieville Saturday at 6pm in the Harmony Grove Tournament

MomaLion

Clarendon plays tonight in Augusta.

MomaLion

Clarendon 30 Augusta 19 at ...boys
Girls...Clarendon 51 Augusta 19...final

MomaLion

Clarendon 72 Augusta 40...boys final

da greatest bigbaby

Great win for the lions an lionettes whip'd Augusta  awesome  up nxt lisa academy nlr go lions whip em

MomaLion

There have been some changes to the Lisa Academy games,  I'll verify and update.

BigLion10

Does Lisa have a girls team? On the schedule both times we see them all o see is SB. I see a JG I was curious about that

MomaLion

I was told that they cancelled our girls games. Only boys will play and it's not played at their school...Girls and Boys club I think.

BigLion10

Guess they cancelled the girls season then. We play their Friday I believe

MomaLion

BigLion10

We got Hazen at home Tuesday

Bildo

Sr Girls
Jessieville 60
Carlisle 54

Finals of the Harmony Grove Tournament

MomaLion

I haven't seen Hazen Sr teams but their Jr boys are pretty good...Jr girls are struggling but getting better each time they played.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on December 04, 2016, 05:36:09 am
I haven't seen Hazen Sr teams but their Jr boys are pretty good...Jr girls are struggling but getting better each time they played.

Sr teams are not good. Both des arc teams beat them. Like you said their jr boys are.  Jr girls are not.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 04, 2016, 08:24:20 am
Sr teams are not good. Both des arc teams beat them. Like you said their jr boys are.  Jr girls are not.
not good at all, going to be a lot of 30pt or more loses this year for the Hornets, girls and boys!

Bildo

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 04, 2016, 09:05:55 am
not good at all, going to be a lot of 30pt or more loses this year for the Hornets, girls and boys!
That really surprises me about the Sr girls... I thought that they would be pretty good. Do they have some kids that are not playing that normally would?

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Bildo on December 04, 2016, 10:49:34 am
That really surprises me about the Sr girls... I thought that they would be pretty good. Do they have some kids that are not playing that normally would?
I don't think any 12 graders played this year, a couple of 11 graders and for the  Sr boys I think we have 7 or 8 kids playing is all.

MomaLion

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 04, 2016, 03:54:07 pm
I don't think any 12 graders played this year, a couple of 11 graders and for the  Sr boys I think we have 7 or 8 kids playing is all.
Wow, I wonder what that is all about.

BigLion10

December 05, 2016, 03:54:06 pm #91 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:18:01 pm by BigLion10
England girls wins 77-23 over Jville Lighthouse in the first round of the Conway Christian Tourney play Harding Academy Thursday night in the second round

Bildo

Congrats to the Lady Lions but I was sure hoping that JL was a little better than what the score showed. You wanna win but you wanna get something out of it also

BigLion10

No doubt about it man. We got a tough one Thursday with Harding it'll be tough for sure. Congrats on y'all btw on getting runner up at the HHG tourney was hoping y'all beat Jessieville but y'all played em real tough.

Bildo

Bildo

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 05, 2016, 06:26:03 pm
No doubt about it man. We got a tough one Thursday with Harding it'll be tough for sure. Congrats on y'all btw on getting runner up at the HHG tourney was hoping y'all beat Jessieville but y'all played em real tough.
Were you at the game?

BigLion10

I was not but heard it was a really good one

BigLion10

Bildo

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 06, 2016, 09:36:23 am
Hazen at England tonight
Yeah... a couple of our better players didn't play a lot. One got in foul trouble early in the 1st quarter and sat the rest of the half, the other is nursing an injury and didn't play at all in the second half. May not have changed the outcome but there is some positives to take from the loss....

BigLion10

Sr girls
England up on Hazen 41-17

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas