• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rule Change

Started by dwade534, October 29, 2008, 11:31:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dwade534

What do you guys think about the new free-throw rules? they moved up the bottom guy to above the block instead of below it where it used to be. falling in line with the college rules and the nba. what do you guys think about it?

T-Wacker

Women's college and girls AAU have been doing it for a while now. I believe it does indeed help the defensive team, which it should. High schools now need to adopt the shot clock like AAU. That rule change will certainly make the game more interesting.

dwade534

definantly agree there, the offense was getting the rebound a majority of the time, which is no advantage to the defense, which in this case is supposed to have an advantage.

johnharrison

Quote from: T-Wacker on October 29, 2008, 12:33:22 pm
Women's college and girls AAU have been doing it for a while now. I believe it does indeed help the defensive team, which it should. High schools now need to adopt the shot clock like AAU. That rule change will certainly make the game more interesting.

Maybe.  It will certainly make the games look more alike.

sportsobserver

I think we will have to see what impact it has on the game.  My personal opinion is let the high school's have their own rules.  They don't necessarily have to adopt the college or NBA rules.  I mean 99% of the kids playing high school basketball are never going to play college basketball and even fewer than that will play in the NBA.  The very few who have the ability to play in college or the NBA will have no problem adopting to the changes from high school to college and from college to the NBA because of their superior athleticism and skill level.

LionCatfan

Quote from: T-Wacker on October 29, 2008, 12:33:22 pm

I agree that high school should have adopted the rule.....I have watched too many high school girl's games in which the defensive player being a smaller player does everything right in blocking out but the bigger offensive player can nullify fundamental block out move by simply pushing with lower body to gain an equal (sometimes greater than equal depending on how good they are with "lower body") opportunity on a free throw miss. By positioning the defensive player in 2nd block it will take quickness & jumping ability to get an offensive rebound rather than "wading" into the defensive person to create a stalemate & gain rebound advantage.   

motivate

I guess the next thing we adopt will be the longer three point line and the shot clock. Lets just adopt everything that college does. I liked it better about ten years ago when every block was full on the free throw and you could go in on the release of the ball.

johnharrison

November 08, 2008, 09:28:45 am #7 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:58:11 pm by johnharrison
Quote from: LionCatfan on November 04, 2008, 05:33:45 pm
....I have watched too many high school girl's games in which the defensive player being a smaller player does everything right in blocking out but the bigger offensive player can nullify fundamental block out move by simply pushing ...

Man, you think that is bad, you ought to watch a football game when a small defensive player is lined up aganst bigger offensive player....

The bigger heavier player ALWAYS wins UNLESS the smaller player is quicker and has more skills.

bsampley

i wish we would have a shot clock, and move back the 3 point line to the new college line.

dwade534

i dont think the 3 point line makes that much of a difference. most people in college shoot from a foot back of the line as it is.

howudurin

How bout a shot clock?

johnharrison

How many times a game do you see a huge delay beyond what a shot clock allows.  5 or 6?

How many games do you see where one team used a slow-down to win a game they would have lost. A couple a year.

The NBA will someday see a three point dunk.  Those guys are awesome.  They move the ball inside at will.

HS guys are not at that level.  How many off-balance 3 point shots at the buzzer do you really want to see?

But add a 5 point line and I am there.

mshornet_08

i just think they should add a shot clock to the game no since in not having one. Ive been on both sides of the slow down and hated it when my team was the one down. I dont know how many seconds  should be on the clock but i figure around 30 or 35 seconds would be good enough.

johnharrison

why would YOUR team go into a "slowdown"?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas