• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updated Job openings...

Started by rookie_4, March 19, 2008, 01:54:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulesman

Quote from: Missco on April 18, 2008, 06:36:17 pm
yes, I would but the pay is usually not that much different.
Not different from a Sr high job at a 5A school to a Jr High gig in the 4A ???

Missco

Yep the pay will not be that much different if any. I looked up both salary schedules and actually Southside teachers make about 1000 more. It does not list what the stiphends are but at Batesville he was making about 5,000 to coach plus 15 days added to his contract.  I bet he didn't leave for less money. That is why you don't see more people leaving some of the smaller schools for the so-called big tme.

Bondfan4ever

April 20, 2008, 09:04:57 pm #52 Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 09:49:06 pm by voiceofthebbbadgers
I hate to see Hardin(?) go.  I thought he did a good job w/ the Lady Pioneers.  If it was anyone else but Morrilton, he might've pulled off the upset in the 1st round of the 5A tournament.  What's going on w/ Hixson?  Where is he going?  Looks like there's a lot going on in the 5A East.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: voiceofthebbbadgers on April 20, 2008, 09:04:57 pm
I hate to see Hardin(?) go.  I thought he did a good job w/ the Lady Pioneers.  If it was anyone else, he might've pulled off the upset in the 1st round of the 5A tournament.  What's going on w/ Hixson?  Where is he going?  Looks like there's a lot going on in the 5A East.

Hixson is actually having hip replacement surgery this week.  He doesn't feel that he can handle the workload of coaching right now.  He'll still be at Blytheville teaching PE.

shorty10

Anyone know of any names being associated with these jobs yet?

BMOC

Let me enlighten you on the Batesville Sr. Girls job.  You cannot control the parents (as BusyMom suggests) with the poor support you will get from the administration.  You need to be in desperate need of employment to consider this position.  Here are some previous posts I have made on the subject.   -

My previous posts:
Feb 15:
Batesville won this game and every other game this year on superior coaching.  Coach Hardin does a great job and its too bad the powers that be at Batesville don't realize it...outside of Moffitt, Batesville has very little talent and yet is winning games in a tough league.  Some other program that actually cares about basketball and will allow him to do what it takes to win is going to snatch him up SOON...

Feb 18:
I will do my best to keep my post count low for you...Their young players are pretty good including Shellenberger and the forward who tore up her knee - Gatlin(who knows how a year out will affect her???).  However, the freshmen are clearly the beneficiaries of 2 transfers and a move in being 3 of their top 4 players   ...and this year's 5A east junior girls league is incredibly WEAK! And I must correct you so you will know that I do have a clue - you won the district tournament on your home floor last year in junior high but GCT went undefeated and actually won your "conference".  At the senior high level, GCT would have taken that #1 seed into the state tourney - not the Lady Pioneers.  And to correct you - Coach Hardin has done a great job EVERY year - not just "this year"  ... And who knows - I may be crazy like you say...but sometimes crazy can be alot of fun!

And again Feb 18:
Obviously rzrbaks, you have a pony in this show...  I concede.  These are discussion forums to talk about teams, coaches and PLAYERS...but, you are taking this personally!!  I have criticized no player.  If a kid has talent then they have talent and if they don't then they don't!!  You are quick to post your comments on Ty and her abilities...but I guess if you say "no offense" twice it is ok... What a kid does with their given level of talent, great or small, is primarily up to them!!!  So, no offense, but we will see next year how much those 3 kids that YOU named play when Gatlin returns and your junior high kids - whom you previously bragged on - move into the picture.  And to correct you once again, the best post player in Batesville right now is not Shelby Ward but SHELBY WINKLE from the junior high team - a MOVE IN.  Again, no offense.  I guess what you are really saying - if we all read between the lines - is that with all this talent Batesville has, Coach Hardin must be doing a poor job  ...Either way, I would like to address your comment that "they let him" do what it takes to win...Why don't you compare the amounts of money allocated by your AD/Football coach to the basketball program versus the football program.  It is a joke!!!  He is currently raising money for a new scoreboard for the FOOTBALL field - SUPRISE!!! This on the heels of a field replacement that many college and pro teams would envy.  When was there any type of update to the basketball facilities???  When was the last time he or any other administrator dunned local businesses for significant money to help BASKETBALL???  These are questions anyone who really wants basketball to thrive at Batesville should ask!  The condition of the court and its constantly peeling clearcoat as well as many other problems in your gym are much worse than the football scoreboards!  You are at a school that puts both boys and girls basketball in the backseat...It was amazing to me that on your "Night of Champions" - when you were retiring the jersey of one of the best female basketball players in the history of this state - that the crowd turnout was so poor .  Too bad for all of those women who showed up to be honored.  GCT had a comparable number of adult fans at that game as Batesville if you don't count the former players and their families!!!   Anyway, like I previously said, I must concede because you and I both know that A PIONEER NEVER QUITS!!!!

AND NOW:

I hate to say I told you Batesville people so - but I TOLD YOU SO!!!! 

Zero commitment to basketball - boys or girls.    Coach Hardin wants to win and run a program the way it should be run.  Trust me - the administration at Batesville is not  concerned about either of those items with regards to the basketball program.  If you read this post and are a player or parent of a player who is really into basketball - TRANSFER NOW!!!

All of you players and parents who know how hard Coach Hardin has worked for you and to develop the Lady Pioneer basketball program - in an extremely difficult year for him personally - should ask some questions.  I am sure David Campbell and Dave King would love to tell you whatever is "politically correct".    Don't believe their lies.  Open your eyes and see what is really happening here!  I have spoke nothing but the truth so far in all of my posts - believe me now!

And potential candidates for this job heed my warning - you will under the watchful eyes of administrators that will keep you from doing the things is takes to win consistently and are more interested in how you are percieved by certain members of the Pioneer Nation than by the job you are doing teaching basketball and life lessons to your players - a miserable existence for anyone who is a true basketball coach.   

Missco

Sounds like posts from a bitter coach  or person.

oldpop

tommyt

Not to change the direction this post is going, but has anyone heard anything about who's applying for the Lincoln Girls and Gravette Boys jobs?  I heard Linclon had almost 20 applicants for their opening.  I didn't know Lincoln was that desirable of a job.

hoops22

Lincoln High School is a graveyard.

Gravette Boys is a good job and are riding a lot of momentum right now with their new facilities.

sportsman30

They just stopped takine resume's on the Lincoln girls job Tuesday. When did the gravette boys come open? Where is it posted.

HoopDreams

Quote from: tommyt on April 24, 2008, 09:20:30 am
Not to change the direction this post is going, but has anyone heard anything about who's applying for the Lincoln Girls and Gravette Boys jobs?  I heard Linclon had almost 20 applicants for their opening.  I didn't know Lincoln was that desirable of a job.

I'd like to know who has applied at Lincoln as well if anyone knows. It has been a slow year for jobs in NWA and I imagine that might be why so many have applied there.

sportsman30

Quote from: rookie_4 on April 16, 2008, 02:28:02 pm
I know of these basketball jobs...feel free to add to the list...

Ramay Jr. Girls
Mena Sr. Boys (hired-Bobby Tedder)
Monticello Jr. Girls basketball    Sr. Boys/Girls Soccer
Stuttgart 7th grade boys/Jr. Girls
Paris Sr. Girls
Western Yell County Sr. Boys/  Softball coach as well
Nettleton Jr. Girls
Carlisle Sr. boys
Augusta Sr. boys
Nettleton Jr. Girls
Mt. Ida Sr. Boys
Hector Sr. Girls
Genoa Central Sr/Jr./7th Girls
McGehhe Sr. Girls along with track coach
Little Rock Christian Sr. girls
Lincoln Sr. Girls
Gosnell Sr. Girls
Blytheville Sr. Boys
Batesville Sr. Girls

As I stated, feel free to add to the list at any point.  Also, if one is filled, please help us keep this updated.  Thanks
Some of these jobs have got to be filled or the top choice has been picked can anyone shed some light on whats filled , top canadates, etc.

oldguy_21

Augusta boys is filled
Carlisle boys is filled
Osceola will be filled by Gathen
Blytheville jr high coach will be top candidate for that boys job
Nettleton jr. girls is filled

BMOC

Let me help you out on this.  Chris(Coach Hardin) is not bitter.  He loves these girls and their families.  And he really likes you rzrbaks and so do I.  You and your daughter.  I tried to let you know that I knew you "had a pony in this show" a couple of months ago.  Well, guess what, so do I. My opinions on this subject are no secret in this town anyway.

I do know what's going on with the Pioneer basketball program...and as one of the biggest promoters of basketball in our area, I can assure you it is sad.  :(  I could spend tons of time listing reason after reason for Chris' move, but I think I have expressed myself well in the previous posts while trying not to embarrass the two David's in Batesville's administration too terribly with ugly details.  :-[  If you want some really sad details, just call me.  I am easy to contact.

And if you really read the posts, I am telling you and your kids to transfer if you are SERIOUS about basketball.  Not for other reasons.  I am a firm believer that math class is math class, and English is English - wherever you are in school.  That is just public education at its finest.  However, the man (or in some cases woman) who will spend the absolute most time with your child, besides his or her parents, is his or her coach.  That person will spend more time instilling the values that sports teach - responding to authority, working with others, discipline, dedication, hard work, confidence, dealing with success and failure (all life lessons that non-athletes have to learn some other way) - than any other person in that athlete's life.  It is my opinion that under the current situation at Batesville, it will be difficult for anyone to accomplish these goals.

And yes, Chris will make a serious difference to the program at Southside as the junior high coach.  Building a program starts alot earlier than 10th grade.  That is why he worked so hard to try and create a free, school sponsored, pee wee program at Batesville, and also why he spent as much time as he did with the junior girls.  Once again, give me a call and I will let you know plenty of ways he will be allowed to work towards building a strong basketball PROGRAM at Southside, not just field a team.  Their is a HUGE difference.  And I assure you that Coach King knows that difference because he has done that with Pioneer football.

And if it was the "family" everyone suggests as his reason for leaving, I think he would have put in for the boys job last year when it came available - since those family members are all young boys...  A more accurate assessment might be the "family atmosphere" that is strongly promoted by the Southside administration.

People, you can attack me all you want here...Believe me, I am a big boy and can handle it.  But lay off the negative stuff regarding Chris.  He has dealt with plenty of that from Principal David this year.  He has been nothing but a hard working coach who wants to build a great program.  Ask the administration he worked for at Sulphur Rock their thoughts on him.  With proper support from administration, he can and will be a major factor in the lives and basketball careers of many young women.  I assure you he will get that support at Southside.

Don't get me wrong rzrbacks, I want good basketball at Batesvile and have made my contributions to improving Pioneer basketball.  That is why I run youth basketball leagues for ALL area kids, spend my free time working with the older basketball players both individually and in small groups on skill development, and coach AAU teams for various age levels.  I just know when someone is fighting a battle they cannot win...

I hate to even take part in this discussion, but will quote George from Hoosiers when Coach Norman Dale bluntly tells him that his coaching days are over - "Look mister, there's two kinds of dumb. A guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and a guy who does the same thing in my living room.  First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with."  I hope you get the point...

And Hardin - just remember - Pain heals. Chicks dig scars.  Glory lasts forever.  I love you man.

Rulesman

Quote from: oldguy_21 on April 24, 2008, 11:57:54 am
Augusta boys is filled
Carlisle boys is filled

Frankie going back to O-cee? Is that a done deal or speculation?

Missco

Done deal from what I was told.

CoachJ

Talked to Coach Gathen today and he said at this point he isn't interested in the basketball position.  He said right now his only coaching duties, for next year, are Track and Asst. Football. 

tommyt

I heard 3 coaches that were in the state finals this year applied for the Lincoln job.  Why?  I have no idea.

Whoever asked about Gravette's job, I don't know where it's posted, but Coach McClure took the Ramay Jr. High job.

suprstr30

April 25, 2008, 07:54:45 am #69 Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:05:42 am by suprstr30
What about the Ashdown boys job? 

shorty10

Quote from: tommyt on April 25, 2008, 06:59:16 am
I heard 3 coaches that were in the state finals this year applied for the Lincoln job.  Why?  I have no idea.

Whoever asked about Gravette's job, I don't know where it's posted, but Coach McClure took the Ramay Jr. High job.

Hmmm...I wonder what coaches that would be?

HOGDOG

Augusta boys is filled
Carlisle boys is filled

Coached against Glyntborg several times. Great guy and a good coach who will do a good job at Blytheville. Looked forward to going against him again next year if he gets the job.

CR Basketball

Augusta boys is filled
Carlisle boys is filled

If you are looking for more than just a head Coaching Job, Rogers pays well.
Vilonia Sr. Girls Assistant Job is Open
Rogers Girls Middle School
Rogers Boys Middle School
Rogers 9th Grade Boys
Rogers High School Girls Asst.
Fort Smith Head Girls Jr High
Cross County Head Girls (maybe Jr. High)
Cedar Ridge Head Girls Basketball filled by Bullington of Vilonia

In reply to BMOC, it doesn't matter where you go, it is going to be political. Especially when it comes to money and coaching. You have to bite your tongue, do what you can do, and if it doesn't work out leave without making enemies.

rookie_4

I know of these basketball jobs...feel free to add to the list...

Cross County girls
Cross County boys
Gravette Sr. Boys
Dermott Jr/Sr. Boys
Gosnell Sr. Girls
Lead Hill Jr/Sr. Girls
Paris Sr. Girls
Mt. Ida Sr. Boys
Hector Sr. Girls
Lincoln Sr. Girls
Bruno Pyatt Jr/Sr. Girls
Ashdown Sr. Boys
Ashdown Sr. Boys Asst/ as well as asst. football
Ashdown Sr. Girls Asst./ as well as asst. football
Vilonia Sr. Girls Asst.
Blytheville Sr. Boys
Batesville Sr. Girls
Conway Christian girls

As I stated, feel free to add to the list at any point.  Also, if one is filled, please help us keep this updated.  Thanks

Juco soldier

You can add Rison Head Boy's Basketball job to the list.

rookie_4

Cross County girls
Cross County boys
Gravette Sr. Boys
Dermott Jr/Sr. Boys
Gosnell Sr. Girls
Lead Hill Jr/Sr. Girls
Paris Sr. Girls
Mt. Ida Sr. Boys
Hector Sr. Girls
Lincoln Sr. Girls
Bruno Pyatt Jr/Sr. Girls
Ashdown Sr. Boys
Vilonia Sr. Girls Asst.
Blytheville Sr. Boys
Batesville Sr. Girls
Conway Christian girls
Rison Head Sr. Boys

CR Basketball

Benton Head Jr. Girls is open

rookie_4

Cross County girls
Cross County boys
Gravette Sr. Boys
Dermott Jr/Sr. Boys
Gosnell Sr. Girls
Lead Hill Jr/Sr. Girls
Paris Sr. Girls
Mt. Ida Sr. Boys
Hector Sr. Girls
Lincoln Sr. Girls
Bruno Pyatt Jr/Sr. Girls
Ashdown Sr. Boys
Vilonia Sr. Girls Asst.
Blytheville Sr. Boys
Batesville Sr. Girls
Conway Christian girls
Rison Head Sr. Boys
Benton Head Jr. Girls

AlongForTheRide

where did Bullington the vilonia girls asst. go?

motivate

Why are there so many girls jobs open this year?

Missco

Gosnell girls is filled by Curtis Moore from Dixon Missouri.

Hoopman1

Hector girls job is filled don't have a name but do know they have filled the position

rookie_4

Cross County girls
Cross County boys
Gravette Sr. Boys
Dermott Jr/Sr. Boys
Lead Hill Jr/Sr. Girls
Paris Sr. Girls
Mt. Ida Sr. Boys
Lincoln Sr. Girls
Bruno Pyatt Jr/Sr. Girls
Ashdown Sr. Boys
Vilonia Sr. Girls Asst.
Blytheville Sr. Boys
Batesville Sr. Girls
Conway Christian girls
Rison Head Sr. Boys
Benton Head Jr. Girls
Gosnell Sr. Girls (FILLED)  Curtis Moore
Hector Sr. Girls (FILLED)

silvers

Article about new Fayetteville Ramay jr. boys coach, former Gravette sr. boys coach

http://www.nwanews.com/bcdr/Sports/61339/

CR Basketball

Quote from: AlongForTheRide on April 28, 2008, 06:59:42 pm
where did Bullington the vilonia girls asst. go?

He took the head Cedar Ridge Girls Job

sportsman30

Paris Sr. girls has been filled. I don't know by whom but it was filled.

shorty10

Riverside Sr/Jr Girls is open.

prodigy3n4

The Riverside girls job should be a good job for the right coach.  Does anyone know why the coach they had left?

oldguy_21

I don't know why, but when you can have less responsibility and make more money that could be entertaining.

SouthpawSensation

Who is now the Hector girls basketball coach?

philgoodallday

Riverside, if it's where I'm thinking about, is a pretty small school.  How much experience are they expecting to bring in?--I wonder.

oldguy_21

Quote from: philgoodallday on May 05, 2008, 10:22:55 am
Riverside, if it's where I'm thinking about, is a pretty small school.  How much experience are they expecting to bring in?--I wonder.

It is the school made up of lake city and caraway communities.  2a school that has had some success.  They weren't bad this year, but I believe they will have everybody back.  Some people in that conference would say they are the preseason favorite.  They don't pay too much.  That fact alone will turn off a lot of people with much experience.

philgoodallday

Quote from: oldguy_21 on May 05, 2008, 11:30:27 am
Quote from: philgoodallday on May 05, 2008, 10:22:55 am

It is the school made up of lake city and caraway communities.  2a school that has had some success.  They weren't bad this year, but I believe they will have everybody back.  Some people in that conference would say they are the preseason favorite.  They don't pay too much.  That fact alone will turn off a lot of people with much experience.

That's the one I was thinking about.  I know it's hard for those schools to get good coaches, and especially to get good coaches to stay for more than a year or two.  It's also hard for some good (or potentially good but unproven) coaches to get good jobs.  I wonder what the probability is of a school like Riverside taking a chance on a new coach?

Missco

I would imagine that they will have enough interest to get somebody that is proven. The boys coach has been there for years and the girls coach that just left had been there for a while if you count both stints. At Riverside a coach with no experience would make 38,000. One with a few years experience would make in the mid to upper 40,000's. At small schools there are also other factors that can make it more.

harris45

Rainwater was only making 44 with lots of experience and being head coach of all girls.  That is not a lot for as good of a coach as he is.  I hope he gets more than that at Nettleton.  He will probably enjoy it more there.  I subbed at Riverside (Jr. High) and was told that I would have a job there the next year only to have them give it to someone because they could drive a bus.  The fact was the Jr. High principal and the sup. both lied to my face and put the blame on the other one.  I would not recommend anyone going to Riverside to teach.  This job requires you to teach a Jr. High history/social studies.  Although the girls will be loaded with talent.  Good luck working with those people.

philgoodallday

harris45, what did you do while you were there?  Did they ask you if you'd consider driving a bus, since that's where their needs were?

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: philgoodallday on May 06, 2008, 01:47:26 pm
harris45, what did you do while you were there?  Did they ask you if you'd consider driving a bus, since that's where their needs were?

As a coach, you almost have to get a CDL.  And it helps to get a job as a teacher just about anywhere if you have a CDL.

philgoodallday

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on May 06, 2008, 02:01:17 pm

As a coach, you almost have to get a CDL.  And it helps to get a job as a teacher just about anywhere if you have a CDL.

You're telling the wrong guy there Diesel, because I do have a CDL.  I however don't drive a bus, and have no desire to, but if it saved my job then I might consider it.

harris45

No, their "need" was for a Jr. High PE teacher.  And, no they did not ask me to drive a bus.  They said nothing to me but ask "Mrs. Owens," ask "Mr. Nowlin."  Then I talked to a board member who had asked why I didn't get hired and they told him because I didn't have my CDLs.  I was certified in Mid Level and in PE and health.  But.. I am so glad I didn't get hired bc I have the best job I could ask for teaching and coaching in a wonderful school district.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: philgoodallday on May 06, 2008, 02:03:45 pm
Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on May 06, 2008, 02:01:17 pm

You're telling the wrong guy there Diesel, because I do have a CDL.  I however don't drive a bus, and have no desire to, but if it saved my job then I might consider it.

I was saying that more in support of what you had said. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas