• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Softball

Started by 3 Dollar, February 15, 2018, 07:58:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Well, another Softball Season is very much upon us.  Anyone got favorites to make it to Bogle Park?  Who will it be?

1A:  Concord & Taylor?
2A:  Palestine-Wheatley & Foreman?
3A:  Rosebud & Bald Knob?  (Again)
4A:  Nashville & Pottsville?  (Again)
5A:  Greenbrier & Farmington?
6A:  Greenwood & Benton?
7A:  Bentonville & North Little Rock?

CPuck8803

Poyen will be there this year.

The Green Arrow

3A will again be between Rose Bud and Bald Knob. Bald Knob lost essentially 1 senior from last years state finals team and Rose Bud lost 2 from their state championship team. These two should run through the rest of the 3A this year as they'll be as good as anyone in the entire state.

rayzorbackfan

Quote from: The Green Arrow on February 15, 2018, 08:42:59 am
3A will again be between Rose Bud and Bald Knob. Bald Knob lost essentially 1 senior from last years state finals team and Rose Bud lost 2 from their state championship team. These two should run through the rest of the 3A this year as they'll be as good as anyone in the entire state.
That Group from Region 1 will be strong again, Rose Bud.
, Bald Knob, Glen Rose, Harding and Haskell Harmony Grove. Would not be surprised to see 4 out of that group in the Semi's again this year. 

IAFLAR7

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 15, 2018, 07:58:46 am
Well, another Softball Season is very much upon us.  Anyone got favorites to make it to Bogle Park?  Who will it be?

1A:  Concord & Taylor?
2A:  Palestine-Wheatley & Foreman?
3A:  Rosebud & Bald Knob?  (Again)
4A:  Nashville & Pottsville?  (Again)
5A:  Greenbrier & Farmington?
6A:  Greenwood & Benton?
7A:  Bentonville & North Little Rock?
Greenwood and Sheridan are the class of 6A.
Benton is way down talent wise.
Last time I checked Sheridan is the back to back state champs & returns arguably the best player in the state in Razorback recruit Maggie Hicks. Key for them will be replacing the rest of their infield which was second to none last year. And, who will pitch?
I would give the edge to Greenwood this year though as they have a really good pitcher and some big hitters.

big E

Dont throw Palestine- WHEATLEY into the mix yet , although I'm sure ms. Hawk and her sister are gonna help 200%. Kenley is gonna be un-hittable some days,  just don't know if she goes through a whole season that way not many good teams in the lower levels over on this side of the state , so she doesn't have to pitch in every conference game 3 of them at the most. So she should be fresh. I've seen her throw and I wouldn't want to get in there against that.

onet1m3

Bentonville West and Bryant will be in that 7A conversation.

Sheridan all the way in 6A. They are loaded.

sizzlet2455

February 16, 2018, 11:19:22 am #7 Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:02:58 am by sizzlet2455
HA!
In 4A, Bauxite will be back and better than ever!  ;)

Ozark Hog

JacketFan

Quote from: big E on February 16, 2018, 05:25:10 am
Dont throw Palestine- WHEATLEY into the mix yet , although I'm sure ms. Hawk and her sister are gonna help 200%. Kenley is gonna be un-hittable some days,  just don't know if she goes through a whole season that way not many good teams in the lower levels over on this side of the state , so she doesn't have to pitch in every conference game 3 of them at the most. So she should be fresh. I've seen her throw and I wouldn't want to get in there against that.
She is a beast, that is for sure.  I have no clue what happened in Wynne for them to let her slip away, but she will definitely be missed.  Good luck girls, and bring PW a ring this year.

big E

Quote from: JacketFan on February 20, 2018, 01:18:22 pm
She is a beast, that is for sure.  I have no clue what happened in Wynne for them to let her slip away, but she will definitely be missed.  Good luck girls, and bring PW a ring this year.
You hear things as to why , but I don't put much stock in hear say.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: big E on February 21, 2018, 05:18:44 am
You hear things as to why , but I don't put much stock in hear say.

This was very surprising.  Is Coach Hawk still at Wynne?

big E

From what I was told, if things go like expected she will back at PW next season.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

both of those girls can play.. I have watched them grow up playing travel ball.  Good sports family!

big E

Known the parents for a long time both went to school at PW , and still live in Palestine ,we're glad to have them back.

BIG_K

;D Any Dark Horses out there?

Horse Shoe

I'm gonna have to throw Smackover in the mix.  We lost 2 Pitchers and 2 in the field, who were Seniors.  We have a good Junior pitcher, that didn't pitch any Varsity games because the 2 Seniors carried the load, was pretty much untouched in JV.  Yeah, I know it's JV, but down here most JV games are Played by Varsity squads because of numbers.  This will be the First Year Every Girl on the field for Smackover is a Travel Ball Player.  Also, only 2 Seniors on this squad, so we will be building for a run next year also.  We also have actually scheduled some tougher opponents this season:  D-Mac tourney,  Nashville, Sheridan, Hooks TX, Texarkana.
It's obvious Region 1 is the cream of the 3A crop, But we're looking to prove a little something this year.  We may fall short, but we still have a bad taste in our mouth from that poor showing we had in the second round last year.  Good luck to all this year, and prayers from Smackover that everyone stays injury free.

FlexIng

Quote from: sizzlet2455 on February 16, 2018, 11:19:22 am
HA!
In 4A, Bauxite will be back and better than ever!  ;)
What did Bauxite lose from last years team? They were Extremely tough last year.

sizzlet2455

They only lost 2 seniors.

FlexIng

Quote from: sizzlet2455 on February 24, 2018, 11:37:48 pm
They only lost 2 seniors.
Which starting positions I guess would of been a better question sorry

sizzlet2455

Quote from: FlexIng on February 25, 2018, 11:47:41 am
Which starting positions I guess would of been a better question sorry
1st baseman & 2nd baseman

chubbyninja

Gravette really lost no one from there starting lineup. They split wins with Pottsville while made up of a majority of Freshman and soph. I think they will be contenders in 4A for sure. 

gamechanger11

1A Taylor and Concord. No one else
2A Foreman, Spring Hill, PW, Marmaduke
3A Rose Bud, Bald Knob
4A Nashville
5A Greenbrier, Dequeen

cowboy_hawg

Taylor is the defending State Champs and the team to beat.  If I remember correctly Woodlawn defeated Taylor in their regional championship game 2-1.  Woodlawn graduated one senior, possible Woodlawn shows improvement and winds up in the discussion... then again maybe not.

Smalltownfamous

Taylor only lost one senior (left fielder). And only one senior is a starter this year (Centerfield starter since freshman). Also, gained 9 or so new freshmen of which 2 start at 1st and RF. They are seasoned travel ball players. Starting pitcher which won state MVP last was only a freshman. She is back and consistently throwing 60+mph fastball.
Taylor defeated Smackover (3A) 10-0 on Monday night.

They could go undefeated throughout season with exceptions of games not scheduled such as DMAC and other non-conference games.

FlexIng

March 07, 2018, 12:52:16 pm #25 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:54:53 pm by FlexIng
Quote from: Smalltownfamous on March 07, 2018, 12:06:44 pm
Taylor only lost one senior (left fielder). And only one senior is a starter this year (Centerfield starter since freshman). Also, gained 9 or so new freshmen of which 2 start at 1st and RF. They are seasoned travel ball players. Starting pitcher which won state MVP last was only a freshman. She is back and consistently throwing 60+mph fastball.
Taylor defeated Smackover (3A) 10-0 on Monday night.

They could go undefeated throughout season with exceptions of games not scheduled such as DMAC and other non-conference games.

The little (Freshman) first baseman is a freak on Defense. Will make some plays very few others can make. Will be a good game to watch if them and Bauxite meet up in D-Mac

Smalltownfamous

1a Taylor defeated 2a Parkers Chapel 10-0 in 5 innings tonight. Who's there competition this year?

Banks of Boggy

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on March 12, 2018, 07:13:18 pm
1a Taylor defeated 2a Parkers Chapel 10-0 in 5 innings tonight. Who's there competition this year?

They did lose to 3a Genoa Central last week.

PapaHog

How is defending 2a state champ not in the mix? They returned a lot, did they not?

MikelB

Quote from: gamechanger11 on February 28, 2018, 02:49:47 pm
1A Taylor and Concord. No one else
2A Foreman, Spring Hill, PW, Marmaduke
3A Rose Bud, Bald Knob
4A Nashville
5A Greenbrier, Dequeen

Don't think Marmaduke will be in the mix this year. EPC beat them yesterday 15-0.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas