• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-State Players

Started by BigGuy22, February 25, 2018, 01:06:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGuy22

I thought this would be a fun topic to bring up and get some opinions. Who are the top canidates for all state for every position?

LRRandy

Captain obvious pick: Isaac McBride

The post player from Batesville Southside #33

#10 from Westside

Charlie1001

Issac McBride
Avery Felts
Payton Brown
Tom Miholjcic
Alex Brogdon
Grant Patterson
Wesley Heikes
Kaiden Hunter
Connor Harvey
Dayton Wishon
Nick Coble
Jack Hutchinson
Zach Webb
JT Smith
Riley Felkins
Graham Chenault
Chris Harris
Cameron Bush
David Walker
Treylon Burks
Javion Robinson

This would be my start having watched most of them this year.

Charlie1001

You are probably right.  I know some people that are really high on him. 

BigGuy22

How do they do All-State? Do they do a certain number of people from each position or do they just pick a certain number of kids based on their production on the year? And how do they vote?

Charlie1001

It's normally 20-25 kids in 4A.  I think they scrapped the position voting due to positions being so different from team to team.  Also use to be coach's voting but that may have been modified also.  .....I haven't been around it in a while.

Bearcatpride

Any thoughts on Logan Bradley or Blakely Cobb from Booneville?

Charlie1001

Quote from: Bearcatpride on February 26, 2018, 03:02:11 pm
Cobb maybe.  I'm not that big on Bradley.  ....no pun intended.

Bearcatpride

Where did you get to see them play?

Charlie1001

nwa22

Quote from: Charlie1001 on February 25, 2018, 02:08:57 pm
Issac McBride
Avery Felts
Payton Brown
Tom Miholjcic
Alex Brogdon
Grant Patterson
Wesley Heikes
Kaiden Hunter
Connor Harvey
Dayton Wishon
Nick Coble
Jack Hutchinson
Zach Webb
JT Smith
Riley Felkins
Graham Chenault
Chris Harris
Cameron Bush
David Walker
Treylon Burks
Javion Robinson

This would be my start having watched most of them this year.

Any information on the Ray kid from Berryville?

Charlie1001

Quote from: nwa22 on February 27, 2018, 12:51:56 pm
Any information on the Ray kid from Berryville?
If Berryville turns some heads this week I think he will get a lot more needed attention.  The blend didn't do any favors for the Berryville guys.  Their girls could have been playing in Alaska and been noticed. Ashdown may give the boys trouble. If Berryville plays as a team they will be ok and that will help Webb and Ray both. 

......strictly my unprofessional opinion.

BigGuy22

I wasn't that impressed with the big guy from Booneville. Honestly I think the big from Pea Ridge has better chance then him. He held the big guy to 5 points and one was a 3 hat suprised a lorn of people.. but that's just my opinion

Baller91

What is the criteria they use to determine All State players?

Charlie1001

I still have a lot of friends and family in NWA and have watched more Gravette and Pea Ridge games than any other 4A school in the state. Both have some great athletes with Gravette probably having more pure basketball players.  Pea Ridge has one of the best coaches in the state and has turned some hard nosed gritty athletes into a team.
I say all of that to say this.  Pea Ridge has got to where they are by being one unit under a great coach.  I think PR's big guy's production is a product of the other four.  If I had to put another one on from PR it would have to be the Rose kid. 

J12

Quote from: Bearcatpride on February 26, 2018, 03:02:11 pm

Big kid from Booneville has decent touch around the rim, but any team that shoots 3 for 34 in a half probably doesn't have All State players.

Bearcatpride

Honestly I you judge players on the teams performance in one game then you really aren't looking at the overall performance of the player throughout the season or game.  Every team has bad games.  Yes the team shot horrible the second half, but overall Booneville had their two players Cobb and Bradley carrying the team with 17pts each and 19 rebounds between the 2 and they didn't play the 4th quarter allowing their teammates to play and have a chance to experience the atmosphere which only one other Bearcat boys team has ever experienced.  Also as far as pea ridges big guy, he had only 5 points and Bradley had 9 on him, so you should watch the game again and check your numbers.

Sigmund Sauer

You prob shouldn't ask if you aren't prepared for honest responses. I will keep mine to myself as well so as to not hurt feelings. I will say congrats Booneville on a great season for their program!

Bearcatpride

No problem with opinions, just stating mine in that one shouldn't judge based off one or two games.  Evaluate on how they performed through the season.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Bearcatpride on March 01, 2018, 09:51:25 am
No problem with opinions, just stating mine in that one shouldn't judge based off one or two games.  Evaluate on how they performed through the season.
Fair enough. All I was going to say is what was resonated from everyone every time I saw Booneville. They lacked conditioning. 2nd half always seemed to prove problematic, especially for the big fella. I think they have some talented players and the two you mentioned and team as a whole could benefit from better conditioning. Seemed to really hand cuff them as far as showcasing their abilities late.

Bearcatpride

I think you will see a much different team come next season. The boys know what they have to work on and where they need to improve and already have a lot of things in place to make those changes. This was really a season of learning for them and overall this team is Junior's mainly and nobody really expected them to do what they did or to get as far as they did this season.

Charlie1001

I agree that Boonville was one of those 1 year away teams this year.  It will depend on how much work they put in from now until November.  The big man especially.  If he trims up and get's in better shape I don't think anyone can stop him next year.  If he's in the same shape he is now it will probably look like this year did.  His call. ....and I watched more than a few games.

J12

I apologize for passing judgment in one game. Understand the body of work should be judged. But from the level of talent I've seen in this classification, a team like Booneville wouldn't have made it out the regional in the east and possibly been eliminated in the district.

Bbal789

Quote from: J12 on March 01, 2018, 01:09:46 pm
I apologize for passing judgment in one game. Understand the body of work should be judged. But from the level of talent I've seen in this classification, a team like Booneville wouldn't have made it out the regional in the east and possibly been eliminated in the district.

Totally agree with that. No knock on Booneville they had a good run but some really good teams did not make it out of districts or regionals in the east

1-Adam-12

March 01, 2018, 03:37:47 pm #24 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 03:39:48 pm by 1-Adam-12
I won't dispute that logic.  I noticed several good teams out of the East that had great seasons but stumbled in district or regional.  That happened to Ozark and Subiaco from over here as well. 

The guys got back about 2:00, got off the bus, and went in the gym and started shooting.  I like to see that.

We did have a good run, won 20 games in a season for the first time ever for a Booneville sr. boys team.  It could have been more, we lost about five games by 6 or less.

Whether one or more of our players is honored with All-State (which would also be a Booneville first), I leave it to the powers that be.

Felts from JBW is certainly deserving.

J12

Felts dropped 36 tonight against a good Bauxite team. Brr

RamblinRazorWreck

This guy has to be on the Radar, and hasn't even started much of the year.  Cracks me up when folks say BP doesn't have much without Isaac McBride.  There are at least 3 other BP players with a shot at All-State besides Isaac (who is a lock) & Brooks.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/10244548/Brooks-Spoon

LRRandy

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on March 03, 2018, 10:32:04 am
This guy has to be on the Radar, and hasn't even started much of the year.  Cracks me up when folks say BP doesn't have much without Isaac McBride.  There are at least 3 other BP players with a shot at All-State besides Isaac (who is a lock) & Brooks.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/10244548/Brooks-Spoon
to me Javion is all state. People that only look at a stat sheet might overlook him because he doesn't often fill up the scoring ledger. His ball handling, setting up his team, and leadership puts him all state in my book.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LRRandy on March 03, 2018, 01:11:17 pm
to me Javion is all state. People that only look at a stat sheet might overlook him because he doesn't often fill up the scoring ledger. His ball handling, setting up his team, and leadership puts him all state in my book.

+1 Team player, assist master.

Bbal789

Four players from Westside have a shot at All-State. Avery Felts and Riley Felkins are locks. Cullen Felkins and Gage Sheffield are definitely deserving.

Charlie1001

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 03, 2018, 04:09:31 pm
Four players from Westside have a shot at All-State. Avery Felts and Riley Felkins are locks. Cullen Felkins and Gage Sheffield are definitely deserving.

If (cough, cough, when ) they win it all I won't dispute that.  I think little brother is in now anyway.  You almost have to win it all to get 4 in.

LRRandy

Quote from: Charlie1001 on March 03, 2018, 04:16:18 pm
If (cough, cough, when ) they win it all I won't dispute that.  I think little brother is in now anyway.  You almost have to win it all to get 4 in.
4 is tough to get its political with coaches voting. The first state title for Baptist Prep they only got two. A couple from other teams that made it should not have made it over the Baptist Prep boys that got left off but it is that way sometimes.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on March 03, 2018, 04:28:54 pm
4 is tough to get its political with coaches voting. The first state title for Baptist Prep they only got two. A couple from other teams that made it should not have made it over the Baptist Prep boys that got left off but it is that way sometimes.

Yes I remember one of the Vanovers and one of the Mcgonigals didn't make it which I thought was absurd

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 03, 2018, 05:01:32 pm
Yes I remember one of the Vanovers and one of the Mcgonigals didn't make it which I thought was absurd
that's exactly what happened.

Jamesburden90

When are the releasing the all-state players and all-tournament teams ?

HogCall11

All State is on ahsaa website. I don't see All Tournament Team yet.

Bearcat45

Are you saying they have All-State released on the AHSAA site?  Im not seeing it if so or are you just saying that's where it will be when they release it?

Bearcat45

Nevermind.  I found it.  Thanks

Bbal789

Should have been more Southside Batesville and Baptist Prep players. Alex Brogdon, Grant Patterson, Javion Collins, and one of the James bigs from Baptist should have been all state.

bballfan1

The 4A All State Selections are a JOKE!  Players WAY more deserving and BETTER PLAYERS should have been on this list that were not included.  The idea of- let's be sure to include this school- is ridiculous.  Put the BEST players on the list- or don't have this at all. 

bballfan1

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 14, 2018, 12:00:14 am
Should have been more Southside Batesville and Baptist Prep players. Alex Brogdon, Grant Patterson, Javion Collins, and one of the James bigs from Baptist should have been all state.
AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!

Neckred

Quote from: bballfan1 on March 14, 2018, 11:01:13 am
The 4A All State Selections are a JOKE!  Players WAY more deserving and BETTER PLAYERS should have been on this list that were not included.  The idea of- let's be sure to include this school- is ridiculous.  Put the BEST players on the list- or don't have this at all.
Like who?  Just curious

J12

Quote from: Neckred on March 14, 2018, 12:27:48 pm
Like who?  Just curious

Assuming some guys from Southside. I did find it odd that Tom was the only one who made it from that team.

They had three legit All State players.

BirdCall

David Walker from Stuttgart got robbed for not making ALLState

beach bum

Quote from: BirdCall on March 14, 2018, 03:17:36 pm
David Walker from Stuttgart got robbed for not making ALLState

In all fairness he would have been in any other conference easily. The 2-4A and 3-4A were just way beyond the other leagues this year.

STUNNA

Burks will most likely end his career with 9 total all state team appearances with football, basketball, and baseball. Crazy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas