• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marianna Football Predictions

Started by #1 Trojan, July 01, 2007, 03:53:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 Trojan

This year Marianna is going to make the playoffs again and we'll beat STAR CITY, HEBER, MV, SOUTHSIDE,,LONOKE,NEWPORT.

policeman

Quote from: #1 Trojan on July 01, 2007, 03:53:05 pm
This year Marianna is going to make the playoffs again and we'll beat STAR CITY, HEBER, MV, SOUTHSIDE,,LONOKE,NEWPORT.

I wouldn't go with that Newport prediction just yet.  You may be suprised when they run all over your team.  Nico Cox is a good running back, Marianna better have a good if they want to beat the Greyhounds.

#1 Trojan

We stopped him last year and there's no way he's getting by Larry Duvall.

policeman

Quote from: #1 Trojan on July 01, 2007, 04:39:34 pm

You played them at the middle of the season.  After that, they turned up the heat.  They were a very good offensive team.  If they play anywhere close to what they did at the end of last season, then they will be a very dominant team in your conference. 

phdefense

Quote from: policeman on July 01, 2007, 04:51:49 pm
Quote from: #1 Trojan on July 01, 2007, 04:39:34 pm

You played them at the middle of the season.  After that, they turned up the heat.  They were a very good offensive team.  If they play anywhere close to what they did at the end of last season, then they will be a very dominant team in your conference. 

Actually according to the Newport faithful. The Marianna game is where the Greyhounds turned the corner. Also Newport did not lose the Marianna game because of their lack of offense. Conversely it was their lack of defense that cost them.

The score was 44-41.

I think you are portraying Newport as this offensive power because of what they did to the Indians. However even after they took their play up a notch they were still held in check by good teams not residing in Pocahontas.

They were held to 14 or less by Dollarway, Heber, Stuttgart, Fordyce

I think the fact that Pocahontas could not do the same is more of a reflection of Pocahontas defense more so than Newports offense.

Anyway this thread is about Marianna. I think they will be solid not great just solid.

Romeo

I think marianna will go 5-4 and finish third in the conference. You'll lose to west helena, star city and newport, but you will pull off five straight wins before losing to stuttgart.

policeman

Quote from: Romeo on July 02, 2007, 11:45:00 am
I think marianna will go 5-4 and finish third in the conference. You'll lose to west helena, star city and newport, but you will pull off five straight wins before losing to stuttgart.

That sounds about right, but they will also lose to Heber and maybe Lonoke.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas