• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Texas A&M

Started by Paw-Paw, September 20, 2016, 12:07:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Paw-Paw

Inside Look:

Kickoff, 8:00 PM (CST) at AT&T Stadium (Dallas, TX); Televised by ESPN.
AP Poll Top 25 Rankings: Arkansas Razorbacks (3-0), 17th overall; Texas A&M Aggies (3-0, 1-0 SEC), 10th overall.
Last Meeting: Texas A&M won 28-21 OT
Series: Arkansas leads 41-28-3

So FF Family, the Razorbacks have the potential to be creating a special season right before our eyes with a potential victory over the Aggies this upcoming Saturday. The Hogs and Aggies both won and due to the craziness of college football, both teams jumped seven spots in the recent AP Top 25 as noted above.

For the Razorbacks, the best indicator of the future is the past and in this game they have gone to OT each of the last two years and have fallen short, but were right in the midst of winning. I believe Arkansas can defeat TAMU and then gets a reprieve the following weekend with Alcorn State in Little Rock before a potential matchup of undefeated with Alabama looming in the distance.

At the moment, with the Vegas Line, most of the Football Power Indexes I have found currently favor the Aggies around 75% at the time of this posting. Arkansas has slowly been chipping away at this so I'd expect it to be closer to a 60-40% margin, even tighter if more individuals are high on the Hogs before game time.

So here is what I am have had my mind around, the Hogs have the best home schedule of anyone in the country with Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, as well as LSU coming to Fayetteville! Arkansas has hung tough with Alabama and just haven't found a way to secure the victory. The potential of these next three weeks could very well see our very own Razorbacks not only in discussion for the College Football Playoff, but right in the thick of it with those decisive victories over TAMU and BAMA.

Again, it is one game at a time mentality, but I can't contain my excitement. My wife is a huge Ohio State fan and laughs at me for thinking this way, but I think they have the pieces coming together and finally got the hot start they have been missing to get the football season rolling and truly have something to play for come November.

#WPS #GoHogs #BeatTAMU

AirWarren

Nice!

Let's go hogs! I think we are coming into ourselves as a team. I like RW3 and the poise of AA. Defense has improved every week too. We have to finish the 3rd and 4th quarter. If we do, BB gets his first win over TAMU.

Valleysports

That was beautiful!  With speeches like that, the Hogs should definitely make the playoffs!

beach bum

Lions84

We are past due to dump these Aggies.

Ventman

Man if the Hogs could some how win this Saturday that Alabama game is going to be insane! That is if they can win in LR as well😂

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Ventman on September 21, 2016, 02:56:55 pm
Man if the Hogs could some how win this Saturday that Alabama game is going to be insane! That is if they can win in LR as well😂

I have seen Alcorn play. Watched them against Pine bluff. If we lose to them.... We might as well hang up the whole entire season. It was probably the most boring game I have ever watched. The team looked like a high school team out there.

Valleysports

Went to a friends house last night.  He informed me that the Sports Analyst said that who ever won this game Saturday, would most likely end up being the SEC West Champs.  Even the BUZZ is starting to talk like it.  Predictions started out with Arkansas pulling off a last minute upset, now it's Arkansas winning by 10-14. By Saturday, A&M might as well not bother showing up.  Haha 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 22, 2016, 06:48:40 am
Went to a friends house last night.  He informed me that the Sports Analyst said that who ever won this game Saturday, would most likely end up being the SEC West Champs.  Even the BUZZ is starting to talk like it.  Predictions started out with Arkansas pulling off a last minute upset, now it's Arkansas winning by 10-14. By Saturday, A&M might as well not bother showing up.  Haha

You need to quit hanging around Aggies......

Paw-Paw

Well someone took the meme I created and it's been going viral on the Razorback Page! I should've water-marked it with my Twitter acct or something. Haha

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2016, 10:04:37 am

LOL - Oh I don't know any Aggies (well high school classmates), this has been all Hog Frenzy Week.  What do you think rice?  Gonna make a prediction?  You know the Hogs ranked by default....  So is Ole Miss & Auburn.   ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Paw-Paw on September 22, 2016, 11:33:08 am
Well someone took the meme I created and it's been going viral on the Razorback Page! I should've water-marked it with my Twitter acct or something. Haha

That might have been partially my fault....whoops

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 22, 2016, 05:34:36 pm
LOL - Oh I don't know any Aggies (well high school classmates), this has been all Hog Frenzy Week.  What do you think rice?  Gonna make a prediction?  You know the Hogs ranked by default....  So is Ole Miss & Auburn.   ;)

28-24, Arkansas. The only thing rank on Auburn is the smell, as far as OM being ranked, they are getting the benefits of playing what were at the time, top ranked opponents. I have us going 8-4, so that's 4-4 in conference play, hopefully the surprise me.

Valleysports

We are on opposite ends, at this time.  My point on Auburn & Ole Miss is they're better than perceived and are on the up swing of a learning curve.  TCU won't finish with a .500 season.

A&M - 1 TD on Specialty Teams, two FG's, and 4 offense TD's = 41 (seems a bit high).
Arkansas - 3 offense TD's, 1 FG = 24

Arkansas is the unknown factor.  Can they score on what looks to be a pretty good SEC Defense? Is the defense deep enough to last 4 qtrs in a track race?  What was that cramping about in the TCU game?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 23, 2016, 09:12:43 am
We are on opposite ends, at this time.  My point on Auburn & Ole Miss is they're better than perceived and are on the up swing of a learning curve.  TCU won't finish with a .500 season.

A&M - 1 TD on Specialty Teams, two FG's, and 4 offense TD's = 41 (seems a bit high).
Arkansas - 3 offense TD's, 1 FG = 24

Arkansas is the unknown factor.  Can they score on what looks to be a pretty good SEC Defense? Is the defense deep enough to last 4 qtrs in a track race?  What was that cramping about in the TCU game?

I guess it was hot, that won't be a problem in Jerry's World. I promise you TCU will finish about .500. They might be 7-5, but they will be above .500.

Head Lion

How many Aggies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?   One, but they get 3 college credit hours. How does an Aggie take a shower?   They pee into the fan. :o :o :o

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on September 23, 2016, 10:17:56 am
I guess it was hot, that won't be a problem in Jerry's World. I promise you TCU will finish about .500. They might be 7-5, but they will be above .500.

Well you're right on the .500 - pretty weak schedule.  My meaning they're an average team.  TCU wasn't cramping.  Too much Creatine in Arkansas Juice?  Anyway, hope everyone stays healthy.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 23, 2016, 11:34:05 am
Well you're right on the .500 - pretty weak schedule.  My meaning they're an average team.  TCU wasn't cramping.  Too much Creatine in Arkansas Juice?  Anyway, hope everyone stays healthy.

Auburn and UCLA are average teams, and PV is worse than TX ST, lol. I suspect by the end of the season, we'll be saying aTm and Arkansas are "average" teams, by your definition.

Lions84

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2016, 10:04:37 am

He might be like me and married into an Aggie family .

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on September 23, 2016, 12:24:10 pm
Auburn and UCLA are average teams, and PV is worse than TX ST, lol. I suspect by the end of the season, we'll be saying aTm and Arkansas are "average" teams, by your definition.

Where is your line for average teams rice?  Teams outside the top 25?  The games are weeding out the Top 25 pretenders - Notre Dame (thus Texas lol), Oklahoma, TCU, - was pretty obvious.  What are you saying Arkansas is now?  Arkansas vs  TCU (2 OT's) was a great match up.     

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 24, 2016, 06:57:54 pm
Where is your line for average teams rice?  Teams outside the top 25?  The games are weeding out the Top 25 pretenders - Notre Dame (thus Texas lol), Oklahoma, TCU, - was pretty obvious.  What are you saying Arkansas is now?  Arkansas vs  TCU (2 OT's) was a great match up.   

TCU was ranked last week, the other's aren't, so.....yeah.....

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

bdubyab60

Is Williams hurt. I missed the first quarter.

VHSCoach2

Nearly ten plays inside the 5 yard line and we can't get into the end zone.

Ridiculous.

BrianfromCarlisle

Stupid stupid play by Coley. 

VHSCoach2

I've seen worse than that not called targeting. I guess it depends on how the referee crew feels.

Personally: penalty, yes. Targeting, ehhh.

bdubyab60

Play all this good defense then give up these big plays. They have 200 or so yards of offense and 2/3 on 3 plays.

Beginning to think we are snake bit against this team

Coach Venny Slocombe

Coley's hit was totally unnecessary...stupid play. AA is playing his butt off...tough freaking kid, he has been beat to crap all night...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 24, 2016, 10:04:18 pm
Coley's hit was totally unnecessary...stupid play. AA is playing his butt off...tough freaking kid, he has been beat to crap all night...

agreed in both...coley, pulls up and you don't worry about getting tossed

bdubyab60

Tired of seeing our OL laying on their back after a running play

BrianfromCarlisle

Tired of hearing that the Razorbacks passing is such a shock. And Holly Rowe actually said Tummy!!!   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 24, 2016, 10:40:05 pm
Tired of hearing that the Razorbacks passing is such a shock. And Holly Rowe actually said Tummy!!!   

some call in show fans will tell you we only throw the ball 3 or 4 times a game...

VHSCoach2

How many times must our rushes get stuffed on the goal line before we realize that it's not working?

bdubyab60

VHSCoach2

Enos has lost his mind with these play calls.

Moronic. Pathetic. If we lose, it's on him.

bdubyab60

Does no good to hold the ball for 5 hours and not score. Throw the darn ball

bdubyab60

A game we should be leading easily

VHSCoach2

We have been stopped inside the 5 yard line TWELVE times in this game.

bdubyab60

And it takes them 2 stinking seconds to score, of course

HorseFeathers

bdubyab60

Well that wasn't catchable at all

bdubyab60

VHSCoach2

BrianfromCarlisle

Not only wasn't catchable, was easily OFFENSIVE PI if anything. 

bdubyab60

Well time for more beer. Fell apart quick. It's like that sometimes.

BrianfromCarlisle

LRRandy

Ya gotta score when you're inside the 10 yard line.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: LRRandy on September 24, 2016, 11:19:43 pm
Ya gotta score when you're inside the 10 yard line.

Tell that to Dan Enos.

bdubyab60

Allen is as tough as they come though. I imagine some linemen are going to get lit up after this one.

bdubyab60

Just think if we had of tried to pass it few more times on the GL

LRRandy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas