• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Recruits in 3A

Started by Footballfanatic14, October 12, 2015, 12:46:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

But, using Russell Wilson was a bad example.

Yes, he is shorter than most NFL QBs. BUT, his last two years of highschool he had nearly 8,000 all purpose yards. 107 touchdowns.

In college, he threw for over 11,000 yards. I cannot remember his rushing yards.

Carljung

Quote from: HF on October 12, 2015, 08:34:58 pm
Quote from: Paperman on October 12, 2015, 08:32:47 pm
People in this case, size does matter. Linemen 6'2" is considered short and weight under 280. I am not saying a kid 5'9" and 190 couldn't play at a D1 school but their chanes are remote because of their size! Unfortunately recruiters aren't measuring heart when they are scouting out talent! I am certain there are plenty of young men who could contribute to any program who never even get a look! I remember a kid who played after me at my high school who was listed as 6'10" 320 instead of 5'10" plenty of scouts showed up at his first game and even though he dominated the line of scrimmage never even spoke to him because he was under 6 feet! It stinks but it is true! Size matters!

There are a few exceptions like a Russell wilson (4000 all purpose yards his Sr year of high school)...
So if pipkin has over 4000 all purpose yards he will be an exception??? Last I checked he was second behind PA's guy in the state in passing. I really don't care. I just couldn't let some guy spout out some random numbers that are obviously made up.

FNLsupporter

October 12, 2015, 08:40:29 pm #52 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:42:35 pm by FNLsupporter
Well...as stated earlier, size doesn't win out 100%, but it definitely is a factor, mainly because of durability issues at a high level.  Let's all remember, we all have opinions, and they hopefully are all respected and appreciated. I love this time of year where games start meaning a little more as far as seeding and teams start to make statements.  There have been plenty of teams in 3A succeed without D1 recruits, however, as much as we may not like it, usually at this level, it sure helps a ton to have one or two on your team!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Carljung on October 12, 2015, 08:39:14 pm
People in this case, size does matter. Linemen 6'2" is considered short and weight under 280. I am not saying a kid 5'9" and 190 couldn't play at a D1 school but their chanes are remote because of their size! Unfortunately recruiters aren't measuring heart when they are scouting out talent! I am certain there are plenty of young men who could contribute to any program who never even get a look! I remember a kid who played after me at my high school who was listed as 6'10" 320 instead of 5'10" plenty of scouts showed up at his first game and even though he dominated the line of scrimmage never even spoke to him because he was under 6 feet! It stinks but it is true! Size matters!

There are a few exceptions like a Russell wilson (4000 all purpose yards his Sr year of high school)...
So if pipkin has over 4000 all purpose yards he will be an exception??? Last I checked he was second behind PA's guy in the state in passing. I really don't care. I just couldn't let some guy spout out some random numbers that are obviously made up.

Yeahhhh. Because I just pulled those percentages out of thin air, and figured. Hey, I should post these random numbers.

Carljung

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2015, 08:43:09 pm
Quote from: Carljung on October 12, 2015, 08:39:14 pm

Yeahhhh. Because I just pulled those percentages out of thin air, and figured. Hey, I should post these random numbers.
Yes... That's exactly what you did. And it's pretty pathetic IMO.

Proud Buckaroo

No, it's not what I done, CarlDung. If believing that makes you sleep better at night... Then go right ahead.

adaptedtigerfan

Pshhhhh.  @ Carljung.  I think we might become besties!!   😂😂😂😂

Proud Buckaroo

Why? So you two can have date nights, and try to troll people all day?

Carljung

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2015, 08:48:14 pm
No, it's not what I done, CarlDung. If believing that makes you sleep better at night... Then go right ahead.
That's exactly what childish people do when they are lying. They call names. So just keep going around throwing out made up numbers and passing them on as "your film study". Give me a friggin break.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FNLsupporter on October 12, 2015, 08:40:29 pm
Well...as stated earlier, size doesn't win out 100%, but it definitely is a factor, mainly because of durability issues at a high level.  Let's all remember, we all have opinions, and they hopefully are all respected and appreciated. I love this time of year where games start meaning a little more as far as seeding and teams start to make statements.  There have been plenty of teams in 3A succeed without D1 recruits, however, as much as we may not like it, usually at this level, it sure helps a ton to have one or two on your team!

The bottom line is this...if the kid is putting up the numbers that are being PUBLISHED. Then there is a reason he's not getting recruited by at least D2 schools, be it academics, size, or the coaches/parents etc aren't doing there part in getting his name outs there....I find it hard to believe so many arm chair morons think they know so much more than the guys getting paid to recruit and find talent...

P.s...the game against Episcopal, I bet every third pass was a screen with a 10-15yard after it...he threw lob/jump ballesque type passes deep, and got picked off in the end zone because of it....the few times he did get hit, he looked lost the next play.

With this said, I don't thinkPipkin wouldlook that good somewhere else without the athletes that Prescott has at the skill positions.

I'm fully expecting the your a liar and an idiot post to be coming now...but hey it's cool you have your opinion and I have mine.

Proud Buckaroo

I happen to be posting from an iPhone. Which corrected your ridiculous username to that.

What's really pathetic is you trying to think I have lied about how pipkin passes.

What would I gain from lying about that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Like I said, if it honestly helps you sleep at night. You just go right ahead.

strongandsteady

Does that go for Kyler Murray who went to Texas A&M

adaptedtigerfan

I'm using the same technological device.  It spelled it fine for me.

Carljung

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2015, 08:54:02 pm
I happen to be posting from an iPhone. Which corrected your ridiculous username to that.

What's really pathetic is you trying to think I have lied about how pipkin passes.

What would I gain from lying about that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Like I said, if it honestly helps you sleep at night. You just go right ahead.
Lol...why aren't you in front of one of those 10 computers you work with

Proud Buckaroo

That's your response?

I don't have to sit here, and explain my work habit to any of you.

Carljung

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 12, 2015, 08:55:22 pm
I guess carldung is a word he's used before lol. Keep you personal business personal PB

imtie

Quote from: Carljung on October 12, 2015, 08:58:30 pm
I guess carldung is a word he's used before lol. Keep you personal business personal PB

Get lost carljung ur trolling skills lack luster, ur comebacks are weak. The fact of the matter is facts never lie. Only you can't see that but I
Believe Prescott will woop GR for sure

thedirtye

Pipkin can drop a ball in a bucket from anywhere on the field. And he's taller than Russel Wilson arguably one of the best qbs in the NFL right now

Sick Dog

I am good friends with the Hope QB dad who is a coach at Hope and he said Pipkin scored a 23 or better on ACT so I wouldn't think grades are an issue. They have played a lot of summer league baseball together and have watched them several times. He is a pretty dang good baseball player as well.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: thedirtye on October 12, 2015, 09:28:55 pm
Pipkin can drop a ball in a bucket from anywhere on the field. And he's taller than Russel Wilson arguably one of the best qbs in the NFL right now

But, if you see the stats Russell put up in highschool. In just two years, the dude put up almost 8,000 all purpose yards.

One thing though. Russell is 206lbs. He was about that size when he was in college as well.

I'm not saying the kid isn't good. I have never said that.

Carljung

Quote from: imtie on October 12, 2015, 09:21:45 pm

Get lost carljung ur trolling skills lack luster, ur comebacks are weak. The fact of the matter is facts never lie. Only you can't see that but I
The fact of the matter is your a moron lol. PB stated a false fact and I corrected it so if your arguing that than your the useless troll. Get lost...lol

imtie

Quote from: Carljung on October 13, 2015, 06:42:08 am

phone

The fact of the matter is your a moron lol. PB stated a false fact and I corrected it so if your arguing that than your the useless troll. Get lost...lol
[/quote

Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?

Longfellow

So much hostility. I like it. Carry on gentleman

Carljung

Quote from: imtie on October 13, 2015, 07:47:15 am

phone

[/quote

Figure out how this whole thing works then post.  ::)

imtie

Quote from: Carljung on October 13, 2015, 08:15:54 am
Quote from: imtie on October 13, 2015, 07:47:15 am

phone

[/quote

Figure out how this whole thing works then post.  ::)

Get through High school and we can talk okay? :o

Jimbo Morphis

so just scanning over this are we saying the Prescott qb is the next Russell Wilson?

adaptedtigerfan

Come on Oldman your spoon isn't that big yet.  😂

Footballfanatic14

I'm not familiar with Pipkin although I have heard the name, But HF had a point earlier. If Adam Dycus didn't play division one football then neither will he. The fact is size does matter when it comes to recruiting, especially when it comes to lineman!

Longfellow

Quote from: Footballfanatic14 on October 13, 2015, 10:04:17 am
I'm not familiar with Pipkin although I have heard the name, But HF had a point earlier. If Adam Dycus didn't play division one football then neither will he. The fact is size does matter when it comes to recruiting, especially when it comes to lineman!
But we're talking quarterbacks.

young_gun

For D1 schools size is a major factor to get a scholarship right out of high school. If you're undersized the walk on route may produce the scholarship if size doesn't matter. I was a 6' 250lb guard in high school and was looked at by several schools but when I went to an event at UofA Fayetteville for recruits I was basically told that my skill set was better than a lot of the linemen there but the difference was they could teach the 6'5 guys to do what I could over time and it's a lot harder to go through or around someone that tall with a greater wing span. That was back in 2005 but I don't think things have changed much since then.

Sick Dog

Quote from: Longfellow on October 13, 2015, 10:07:22 am
Quote from: Footballfanatic14 on October 13, 2015, 10:04:17 am
But we're talking quarterbacks.
I seen Dycus play. Good HS QB. but this kid is better. I watched Dycus play at Prescott his soph year in the play offs. wasnt impressed at all. He did get better by his senior year but still not a D1 QB.

Sick Dog

Quote from: Oldman on October 13, 2015, 09:44:29 am
so just scanning over this are we saying the Prescott qb is the next Russell Wilson?
No one is saying he is Russell Wilson!! I think they was just refering to the fact that size isn't as important as everyone makes it out to be. Maybe They should have used Doug Flutie as an example.

Carljung

Just curious imtie is it bred in you guys from Smackover? Lol

Longfellow

Not impressed with Dycus? He has tons of talent, just not the size. If he was taller, definite D1 prospect. But that's just what ifs. The one time I ever watched him, he lit HA up to the tune of like 400+ and 4 tds

KOJACK

Quote from: Longfellow on October 13, 2015, 12:43:35 pm
Not impressed with Dycus? He has tons of talent, just not the size. If he was taller, definite D1 prospect. But that's just what ifs. The one time I ever watched him, he lit HA up to the tune of like 400+ and 4 tds
Dycus was an unreal high school QB.

cdelaney

There is a big difference in being a very good HS football player and being a D1 recruit. No matter how talented or well-coached, if you don't have a high level of athleticism along with good size, you probably aren't going to be recruited by a high D1 school. No doubt some kids who could contribute at that level are missed because of that, but those are pretty rare.
And there are kids with great athletic skills, size, and speed who are recruited early, even if they aren't as polished a player as smaller, slower kids. Not saying that Jordan Jones isn't a great HS player, or that he won't be productive at U of A, but he really hasn't had to show real football skills to excel in 3A, but they can "coach him up"; you can't coach size or speed!
Pipkin is probably the best QB in 3A this year; very good passer and game manager. And there were several pretty good ones last year who graduated and who aren't playing D1, Dycus included. If you are only 5'11", you better be very fast and very strong, or extremely elusive (like Kyler Murray @ TAM).
It is futile to argue over whether or not a certain player should be recruited by D1 or smaller colleges or not at all; the colleges pretty much know what they are doing. Just enjoy the kids and their success at the HS level.

SR30

One name that puts the size debate to rest... J.J. Meadors...I'm out

Proud Buckaroo

People can keep arguing about this all they want. I have my opinion. You have yours. Arguing about why size shouldn't matter, or if it matters doesn't do any good. Like, CD. Just enjoy watching these kids at the highschool level.

If you think you can do a better job at recruiting. Then go persue the career.

Carljung

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 13, 2015, 06:48:22 pm
People can keep arguing about this all they want. I have my opinion. You have yours. Arguing about why size shouldn't matter, or if it matters doesn't do any good. Like, CD. Just enjoy watching these kids at the highschool level.

Like you and coaching right?

Sick Dog

Well stated CD!! good luck to ECS the rest of the year!

adaptedtigerfan

IMHO size is the only thing that kept my son out of college football

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Carljung on October 13, 2015, 08:21:15 pm

You know when a troll gets ignored. What do they become?

Nothing.

Carljung

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 13, 2015, 10:21:51 pm
Quote from: Carljung on October 13, 2015, 08:21:15 pm

You know when a troll gets ignored. What do they become?

Nothing.
You know what you call a guy that can't ignore a "troll"? A sucker lol or a proud buck

imtie

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2015, 06:57:40 pm
No. It wouldn't. Three years ago. Our best RB didn't get any college offers because of his size. He was 5'10". 190 lbs. Ran a 4.5. You think I was upset about that? No. Because I understood.

Who are u talking about?

imtie

Quote from: Carljung on October 13, 2015, 12:25:00 pm

Man it's in the water!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: imtie on October 14, 2015, 07:23:18 am
Quote from: Carljung on October 13, 2015, 12:25:00 pm

Man it's in the water!
bridge people.

vtowneagles

could you tell me how to measure heart, or even what it means?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 13, 2015, 09:27:46 pm
IMHO size is the only thing that kept my son out of college football

Holy crap....adapted fan kinda agreeing with proud buck on an arguemnt....what's the world comin to

And Longfellow....I used to think you had some knowledge, but saying dycus wasnt an impressive qb at the high school level brings some doubt to that opinion...

adaptedtigerfan

Come on HF u know better than that...

FNLsupporter

Quote from: HF on October 12, 2015, 08:52:34 pm
Quote from: FNLsupporter on October 12, 2015, 08:40:29 pm

The bottom line is this...if the kid is putting up the numbers that are being PUBLISHED. Then there is a reason he's not getting recruited by at least D2 schools, be it academics, size, or the coaches/parents etc aren't doing there part in getting his name outs there....I find it hard to believe so many arm chair morons think they know so much more than the guys getting paid to recruit and find talent...

P.s...the game against Episcopal, I bet every third pass was a screen with a 10-15yard after it...he threw lob/jump ballesque type passes deep, and got picked off in the end zone because of it....the few times he did get hit, he looked lost the next play.

With this said, I don't thinkPipkin wouldlook that good somewhere else without the athletes that Prescott has at the skill positions.

I'm fully expecting the your a liar and an idiot post to be coming now...but hey it's cool you have your opinion and I have mine.
I thought we were kinda making the same point. Maybe I said something offensive toward you, for that I apologize.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas