• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on Camdan Harmony Grove ????

Started by stuck in between, October 12, 2015, 08:56:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

One of the biggest questions on the Eastern border of Ouachita county has to be why is a team that is one 90 yard scoop and score away from being undefeated not able to put away an inferior opponent in a more dominant fashion? CHG's last two victories have came against teams with a combined record of 3 & 9 and with the total margin of victory of both of those games being 24 points. This is against two teams that average giving up 34 and 24 points per game.
   Did this team get off to an extremely fast start just to fizzle out when it really starts to count? There is little doubt that the Hornets are not playing with the same amount of fire that they were playing with when they hung 42 on Bearden, beat power house Prescott by 13 and won by 31 over McGehee.
   What after week two looked like a team that might challenge the glorious Smackover Buckaroos for a conference championship is beginning to resemble a team that should count themselves fortunate that they caught McGehee  with several starters out or they would be competing for the #4 slot in the 6-3A.
    They have one more game against what should be a lesser opponent before they have to face the meat of the conference schedule. Let's hope they can use this game to right the ship and not play down to the competition like has been done in the two previous games.
   With this being said I will make the long drive from my house to Lake Village. Let's hope that the team we saw in the first four games this season makes the trip and the one we saw the last two stays home.

Proud Buckaroo

I was really surprised with how they played Friday. Especially being at home. It's always tough to play at CHG. No matter how good or bad they are. You will always fight for the win.

davecw

I was really hoping that the Genoa game was a wake up call but it didn't seem to be. They have  alot of talent on the team. I wish they could see how good that they could be if they just kept the fire going. They can be really good. Hopefully, they will have that fire back and demolish Lake Village and get ready to have some tough games the next few weeks. Go HORNETS!!!!!

Proud Buckaroo

If they play the same they have the last two weeks against the tough teams. I don't think it will be pretty.

adaptedtigerfan

When you say tough teams...  What exactly do you mean?  I didn't know there was any in that conf.

LBC

The only teams that have a legit shot at making it to the final game are:  Smackover, Charleston, Harding Academy, Harmony Grove, Fordyce, Glen Rose, and Lamar.  And the only reason some of these team are even on this list is because they have yet to be measured by another legit team.  If Prescott beats Glen Rose you can take them off the list, if Harding gets beat by anybody in their conference you can drop them. We're all still waiting on Lamar to play someone worth noting.  And as much as it pains me to say it, if any team has a shot at beating Smackover they better bring their A game, because they are the real deal.  With that being said 3 of the 7 come from the 6AAA, so I'd say its a pretty tough conference.  Not to mention the fact that McGehee and Fouke both have the ability to put a damper on many teams playoff hopes.

Carljung

October 12, 2015, 08:11:31 pm #6 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:16:38 pm by Carljung
Quote from: LBC on October 12, 2015, 06:50:19 pm
The only teams that have a legit shot at making it to the final game are:  Smackover, Charleston, Harding Academy, Harmony Grove, Fordyce, Glen Rose, and Lamar.  And the only reason some of these team are even on this list is because they have yet to be measured by another legit team.  If Prescott beats Glen Rose you can take them off the list, if Harding gets beat by anybody in their conference you can drop them. We're all still waiting on Lamar to play someone worth noting.  And as much as it pains me to say it, if any team has a shot at beating Smackover they better bring their A game, because they are the real deal.  With that being said 3 of the 7 come from the 6AAA, so I'd say its a pretty tough conference.  Not to mention the fact that McGehee and Fouke both have the ability to put a damper on many teams playoff hopes.
You have been a busy man traveling city to city to be familiar enough to determine that many teams ability to win it all. Give me a break...  ::)

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: Carljung on October 12, 2015, 08:11:31 pm
You have been a busy man traveling city to city to be familiar enough to butts that many teams ability to win it all. Give me a break...  ::)
Agreed. The contenders will be the winner of the 6 winner of Prescott glen rose and charleston and Lamar. As for chg we'll see how they do against some with actual competition again

LBC

All you did was shorten my list and add Prescott as a potential contender, which Prescott is undoubtably good enough to upset one of these teams, but I can't see them being good enough to make it all the way to War memorial.  And I agree CHG needs to be tested again, it seems as if they have lost their spark, but they have been tested and had some success, some failures as well, but they have the potential if they get their crap together.  But I'll promise you there will be 3 teams from the 6 in the 3rd round, 2 in the second and at least 1 in the Final.  Which makes my original point that the 6 is a tuff conference.

Jimbo Morphis

You have been a busy man traveling city to city to be familiar enough to determine that many teams ability to win it all. Give me a break...  ::)
who would you add to his list?

Carljung

Quote from: Oldman on October 13, 2015, 08:07:36 am
I would add Maybe Prescott, Rivercrest and possibly Episcopal cause of their scoring ability, and I would take Fordyce and Glen Rose off... I'm just saying that if you haven't seen a team play its kinda hard to evaluate them. You disagree with that?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Carljung on October 13, 2015, 08:19:49 am
I would add Maybe Prescott, Rivercrest and possibly Episcopal cause of their scoring ability, and I would take Fordyce and Glen Rose off... I'm just saying that if you haven't seen a team play its kinda hard to evaluate them. You disagree with that?
nope, but if you pick 8 or 10 teams I would think you would have a pretty good shot at naming the champ. my favorites would be smackover, Prescott, lamar, h.a., and Charleston. if glen rose beats Prescott they would replace them.

Carljung

Quote from: Oldman on October 13, 2015, 08:56:32 am
Quote from: Carljung on October 13, 2015, 08:19:49 am
nope, but if you pick 8 or 10 teams I would think you would have a pretty good shot at naming the champ. my favorites would be smackover, Prescott, lamar, h.a., and Charleston. if glen rose beats Prescott they would replace them.
I agree with that

LBC

Prescott has an argument, but they would have to greatly improve since the CHG game.  I think Rivercrest is a stretch and Episcopal will finish 3rd in their conference behind Glen Rose at best. 

stuck in between

Perhaps the subject title should have read "who is going to be in the finals ????" Rather than "Thoughts on Camden Harmony Grove ????" Just proves the fact that there can not be a thread on the 3A bulletin board that does not include the names Smackover, Charleston, or Lamar. :)

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: stuck in between on October 13, 2015, 12:05:02 pm
Perhaps the subject title should have read "who is going to be in the finals ????" Rather than "Thoughts on Camden Harmony Grove ????" Just proves the fact that there can not be a thread on the 3A bulletin board that does not include the names Smackover, Charleston, or Lamar. :)
LBC started it! :P

WPWells

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on October 13, 2015, 12:17:35 pm
Quote from: stuck in between on October 13, 2015, 12:05:02 pm
LBC started it! :P

Or Fouke

BassMaster33

After watching CHG and Fordyce against Fouke, I don't believe CHG is physical  enough to compete with them. I sure don't believe they are a WMS contender. Not sure how they beat Prescott and McGehee so handily but I sure didn't see it last fri night.    They are quick ,but seems to lack in size compared to Fordyce/Smackover. The 6 3A is all I've seen so I don't know what the other "contenders" offer.

stuck in between

Quote from: BassMaster33 on October 13, 2015, 05:05:44 pm
After watching CHG and Fordyce against Fouke, I don't believe CHG is physical  enough to compete with them. I sure don't believe they are a WMS contender. Not sure how they beat Prescott and McGehee so handily but I sure didn't see it last fri night.    They are quick ,but seems to lack in size compared to Fordyce/Smackover. The 6 3A is all I've seen so I don't know what the other "contenders" offer.
If they play like they played against Fouke and Genoa you are correct. I to do not consider them a WMS contender, but if they manage to get back to their early season form I think they could go about three rounds deep into the play offs. We will soon find out just how good they are or are not after this weeks game. They seem to be the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde. There is little doubt that they caught both Prescott and McGehee at the right time or the scores and possibly the out comes would have been different. If they do not pick things up they will definitely be the #3 seed which I'm not too sure is not a better draw in the bracket than the #2.
Fouke is a good solid team. You guys should not have much trouble finishing the regular season without a loss. Good luck!

Jimbo Morphis

mcgehee played with them in the 1st half and went completely crazy in the 2nd half. with turnovers from mcgehee I think chg scored 4 td's in about 2 minutes. chg was the better team but mcgehee helped a lot with the lopsided score.

BassMaster33

Quote from: Oldman on October 14, 2015, 08:24:41 am
mcgehee played with them in the 1st half and went completely crazy in the 2nd half. with turnovers from mcgehee I think chg scored 4 td's in about 2 minutes. chg was the better team but mcgehee helped a lot with the lopsided score.

I believe turnovers will play a huge part in this weeks game between McGehee and Fouke. Sound like the 2 are pretty evenly matched, especially with the injuries to the Owls. If we (Fouke) can eliminate the big turnovers we can play with anyone in the conference, aside from Smackover.  The Fordyce game was close in the 3rd until we coughed it up a couple times.

Aside from a miracle  CHG will be the 3 seed, and this Fri should lock in the 4/5 seeds.

Proud Buckaroo

BassMaster33

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 14, 2015, 11:19:07 pm
Will Charlie play this week, Bass?
As far as I know he is. I sure hope so anyways!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas