• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce at Smackover

Started by imtie, October 09, 2015, 10:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

strongandsteady

If Smackover's defense gets another shutout it won't be surprising.

imtie

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 11, 2015, 09:38:45 pm
4dice by as many as they want. 8)

The bait has been set. who will bite??

Proud Buckaroo

Imtie,

Found out that we held Gates to just 48 yards in 25 carries last year in the first game we played fordyce.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover is favored by 15 points.

Clara Allen

I'm curious to see how this game comes out.....
but I think it's be Smackover by a few...

Proud Buckaroo

Thanks for posting on here. I feel like I'm talking to myself. Lol.

Carljung

Smackover in a tighter one than most think.

Headhunter15

This one won't be blowout material. Fordyce will expose some of smackovers weaknesses though because of their backfield. Smack still wins because of #depth. They have players to switch in and out on the D-line like crazy and these past 3 shutouts did nothing but get those players more experience.

Proud Buckaroo

Unless Fordyce has changed their scheme. They really do not pass much at all.

adaptedtigerfan

So u saying Smackover has a weak pass coverage?

imtie

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 12, 2015, 08:45:54 pm
So u saying Smackover has a weak pass coverage?

No just a better run defence for sure! ;)

imtie

Proud Buckaroo

October 12, 2015, 08:55:12 pm #62 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:58:31 pm by Proud Buckaroo
I was just wondering that yesterday. I haven't heard much from him this season.

benchwarmer99

I think this will be a battle. I'm curious to see what the final score is. We will find out a lot about both teams.

imtie

Idk how my post are doing that.

imtie

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on October 12, 2015, 08:56:35 pm
I think this will be a battle. I'm curious to see what the final score is. We will find out a lot about both teams.
[/quote
I do to for 2 maybe 3 periods of play  but I believe smackover defense will prevail and help us to the win!

Proud Buckaroo

cdelaney

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2015, 07:44:32 pm
Thanks for posting on here. I feel like I'm talking to myself. Lol.
At least you get less grief that way

BAMA#16

foxhole1220

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 13, 2015, 05:22:17 pm
Where is Mack truck?!

He will be on the sidelines running the chains at smackover.

Jimbo Morphis

ChucktownTiger

Smack by 21. Although it would be great to see Fordyce pull this one out. It ain't happenin.

mack truck

Quote from: imtie on October 12, 2015, 08:54:32 pm
Were is Mack truck??
[/quote
I say this won't be an easy game for the Buckaroos. A different game with different leaders. I think this game will be won by the team with the most momentum. Still going with my Bugs tho. Fordyce 28- Smackover 24.

mack truck

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2015, 06:30:45 pm
Imtie,

Found out that we held Gates to just 48 yards in 25 carries last year in the first game we played fordyce.
Gates with 800 something rushing yards already, possibly leading rusher in 3A-6 so far. I dont think he will be held to 48 yards this year.

Proud Buckaroo

Wasn't gates the leading rusher last year when we played?

Jimbo Morphis

WPWells

Just because I haven't seen it on this thread yet...

#Smackover

Buckaroo Fanatic

Quote from: mack truck on October 14, 2015, 01:32:05 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2015, 06:30:45 pm
Imtie,

Gates with 800 something rushing yards already, possibly leading rusher in 3A-6 so far. I dont think he will be held to 48 yards this year.
I don't see him getting 48 yds this year...that defense Smackover has is on point!!!

Jimbo Morphis

I would bet a lot of money he doesn't get 48 yards.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on October 14, 2015, 03:52:34 pm

What do you think he gets?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 14, 2015, 04:06:57 pm
Quote from: Oldman on October 14, 2015, 03:52:34 pm

What do you think he gets?
47 or less or 49 or more.

owl84

Proud Buckaroo

BUCK FEVER

probably don"t matter to most on here, but just a tid bit.....in the previous 5 seasons that this years seniors at smackover and fordyce have played....................................................smackover is 5-0..........never remember the outcome even being in question starting the 4th qtr....js

mtindian42

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2015] Smackover (AR) 34, [2015] Fordyce (AR) 21

LilBeastBIL

I'm really ready for this game. Great challenge,  Fordyce is always a tougher game. Play calling is gonna be key. I hope Smackover runs it down their throat.  I'd love to see Purifoy and Rucks so their dominance this game. And the defense I think it'll be the same, a hard night for the other team

HUCKABUCK

I think Jones and Edwards will have a good game, Smackover wins big.

scarboro69

Quote from: HUCKABUCK on October 15, 2015, 09:00:31 am
I am just wondering. How will Jordan Jones have such a great game if he doesn't even have an average QB to throw it to him?

Carljung

Quote from: scarboro69 on October 15, 2015, 09:31:56 am
I am just wondering. How will Jordan Jones have such a great game if he doesn't even have an average QB to throw it to him?
I can't believe he doesn't get the ball more than he does. From what I saw he has 100 yds rushing and 200 yds receiving. Is that right??? A D1 playing 3A football and he doesn't touch the ball more than that??? Wow

scarboro69

Quote from: Carljung on October 15, 2015, 09:39:02 am
I can't believe he doesn't get the ball more than he does. From what I saw he has 100 yds rushing and 200 yds receiving. Is that right??? A D1 playing 3A football and he doesn't touch the ball more than that??? Wow
It is because this year's Smackover team is nothing in comparison to last year's team.  Sure.  They have only lost to two very talented teams, but their offensive line is average at best and their QB this year is not very good either.

adaptedtigerfan

Thank you for confirming what I have said all year long.

scarboro69

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 15, 2015, 09:52:25 am
It just seems to me that Smackover fans on here are afraid to face reality that they are not as good as they think they are, and definitely aren't as good as they were the previous year(s).

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: scarboro69 on October 15, 2015, 09:50:01 am
Quote from: Carljung on October 15, 2015, 09:39:02 am
It is because this year's Smackover team is nothing in comparison to last year's team.  Sure.  They have only lost to two very talented teams, but their offensive line is average at best and their QB this year is not very good either.
oh no you didn't.

LilBeastBIL

They're still very good. Just not as explosive as last year with the passing game IMO. they're running game is just as good or better. The coach just hasn't accepted that yet. They have to be more patient

Proud Buckaroo

I know most people think its crazy that Jordan doesn't have more catches. That doesn't really mean our QB is bad this year. We haven't had to pass much so far this year. Our rushing attack has been pretty spot on. I do think Jordan should touch the ball more... I'm sure as the year progresses. He will touch it more. This team is balanced. Loaded with talent. We are not a one man team. We are a TEAM. Yeah, there is several players in 3A who already have 800-1,300 yards. But, how many of those teams have several talented Backs, or WRs who can tote the ball?

This game will show a lot about Smackover. I hope we prove the doubters wrong.

HorseFeathers

How many that keep "bashing" smackover have seen them on something other than their imagination?

scarboro69

Quote from: HF on October 15, 2015, 05:15:05 pm
How many that keep "bashing" smackover have seen them on something other than their imagination?
How many that keep "bashing" Fordyce have seen them on something other than their imagination? They are underrated, talented, big, and has good speed.

Proud Buckaroo

You answer his question with a question. Classic for you. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: scarboro69 on October 15, 2015, 06:16:04 pm
Quote from: HF on October 15, 2015, 05:15:05 pm
How many that keep "bashing" Fordyce have seen them on something other than their imagination? They are underrated, talented, big, and has good speed.

The speed will not be an issue for Smackover. Have you honestly seen Smackover play?

I will admit that I haven't seen Fordyce. But I know two people who have. They have both saw Smackover, and fordyce play. I value both of their opinions. So.. I'm still going with Smackover.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: scarboro69 on October 15, 2015, 10:04:49 am
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 15, 2015, 09:52:25 am
It just seems to me that Smackover fans on here are afraid to face reality that they are not as good as they think they are, and definitely aren't as good as they were the previous year(s).

and your number last was what ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas