• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston @ Lamar

Started by WPWells, October 09, 2015, 08:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSCHOOL82

October 12, 2015, 09:26:24 pm #350 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:50:48 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
I understand your statement completely.  I also know what went on last year with what was at his disposal.  These are just thoughts of mine as to if he does this and they do that then?  Lots of ifs.  That's what makes sports in general so much fun.

Warriors023

All I can say is it's gonna be one heck of a football game

Sick Dog

will you all stop talking about this game. No one cares. Me and Proud have important games to talk about. Good luck to both teams. Not really but...........

Paperman

In honor of 12th Man's birthday, I say go Tigers!😷

Warriors023

I'm gonna pick Lamar by 10. I just don't see Charelston's D-line being able to hold it up with Lamar's O-line for all 4 quarters.

TheTruth2010

Just like I said earlier, the only excuse Charleston will have is the refs if they lose. Anyone complaining about refs that's from Charleston should look in a mirror, because when you play there it's almost impossible to win wit all the terrible calls.

TheTruth2010

Here comes the poster that points out that I spelled with wrong.

macadoshis

Back to work todayy, at least I'll have something to do besides stress all day about the game. lol

MICHAELSPAPPY

Mac, how much does the big Lamar tight end weigh?

Legend

The refs always take the blame somehow

ChucktownTiger

Is it Friday yet?????????? This has the feeling of the Charleston Bville game last year. Can't wait!!!!!!!! My hope is that the Lamar stands start to empty about the start of the 4th qtr. With another loss to Charleston looming over their heads. Wouldn't that be great??

macadoshis

macadoshis

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 13, 2015, 07:01:17 am
Is it Friday yet?????????? This has the feeling of the Charleston Bville game last year. Can't wait!!!!!!!! My hope is that the Lamar stands start to empty about the start of the 4th qtr. With another loss to Charleston looming over their heads. Wouldn't that be great??
Doubt we go anywhere bro, that first win over the Tigers is going to be sweet !

macadoshis

For us fans it's  a big week, for this dad its a momster week.  As far as practice looked yesterday, the players and coaches treated it like any other week.  Which is good i Guess.  Mine seems calm as usual.  Nothing seems to bother him or make him nervous.  I dont know where he gets that because im  much different.  Ready for Friday night. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

adaptedtigerfan

Well it's Tuesday...  Time for the long awaited post...

The Charleston Tigers will roll into "The Cow Pasture" Friday night as the "underdog", for the first time in Conf play in I don't know how long.

They will come out firing on all cylinders.  Lamar will come out hot as well. Will be 14-14 after first quarter.  Lamar gets a stop or 2 in the 2nd and the Tigers trail @ half 21-14.

Halftime Coach Hobbs does what he does best... And Kendrick lights a fire under the offense.  Tigers roll off 28 2nd half points to Lamars 7.

Charleston 42
Lamar 28

Jackson Rowland goes over 300
Flanagan and Wisdom both surpass 100 rec.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 13, 2015, 07:41:09 am
Well it's Tuesday...  Time for the long awaited post...

The Charleston Tigers will roll into "The Cow Pasture" Friday night as the "underdog", for the first time in Conf play in I don't know how long.

They will come out firing on all cylinders.  Lamar will come out hot as well. Will be 14-14 after first quarter.  Lamar gets a stop or 2 in the 2nd and the Tigers trail @ half 21-14.

Halftime Coach Hobbs does what he does best... And Kendrick lights a fire under the offense.  Tigers roll off 28 2nd half points to Lamars 7.

Charleston 42
Lamar 28

Jackson Rowland goes over 300
Flanagan and Wisdom both surpass 100 rec.

The wise one had spoken!!!!!! (insert Tiger roar here)

ChucktownTiger

I keep hearing about these big guys up front. Reminds me of the Hog games when that's all the tv commentators want to talk about. Pretty much every game the Hogs line get pushed off the ball. For YEARS, especially in the playoffs Charleston had always been to small and too slow in pregame talks. "Charleston hss never seen size like this" " Charleston has never seen this kinda speed ". They may be right but when the final whistle blows we end up overcoming and being the victor. I believe "tradition", heart, the been there done that, whatever u wanna call it, is a big part of those wins. Same thing will happen Friday night.

Ned_Flanders

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 13, 2015, 08:31:27 am
I keep hearing about these big guys up front. Reminds me of the Hog games when that's all the tv commentators want to talk about. Pretty much every game the Hogs line get pushed off the ball. For YEARS, especially in the playoffs Charleston had always been to small and too slow in pregame talks. "Charleston hss never seen size like this" " Charleston has never seen this kinda speed ". They may be right but when the final whistle blows we end up overcoming and being the victor. I believe "tradition", heart, the been there done that, whatever u wanna call it, is a big part of those wins. Same thing will happen Friday night.

Here you go with that word again.  "Tradition". Someone is gonna get tore up over this deal.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on October 13, 2015, 08:38:54 am

Here you go with that word again.  "Tradition". Someone is gonna get tore up over this deal.

Not likely.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Pretty much every game the Hogs line get pushed off the ball.

If Lamar gets pushed off the  ball, then we don't deserve to win.

OLDSCHOOL82

I don't believe lamar will get pushed off the ball in this matchup. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 13, 2015, 09:12:30 am
I don't believe lamar will get pushed off the ball in this matchup.

I don't, either. But theory isn't necessarily practice, so if they don't do what they ought to be able to do, then they don't deserve it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Chuck runs a 4 front defense so they are trying to read and react.  For the O line of Lamar to be successfull, you must reach the linebackers before they fill. Its a bit harder to wash them down from the end than a 5/6 front.  That's if they have decent strength on the  line and the linebackers.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 13, 2015, 09:11:07 am
Pretty much every game the Hogs line get pushed off the ball.

If Lamar gets pushed off the  ball, then we don't deserve to win.

The D Line has improved the last few weeks. I don't necessarily think we'll push them off the ball, also not saying we can't. I do however think we can shed and get off blocks. Our D Line may lack a little size but we're quick and have good hand and foot work.

Coach Venny Slocombe

If what I am hearing is true, and I am 99% sure it is, then this game will not be close... :o

Ned_Flanders

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 13, 2015, 09:33:43 am
If what I am hearing is true, and I am 99% sure it is, then this game will not be close... :o

What are you referring to there, god of all football knowledge?

MICHAELSPAPPY

We are on the edge of our seats. All footballdom is in suspension.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on October 13, 2015, 09:35:33 am

What are you referring to there, god of all football knowledge?
Thanks for the compliment junior...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 13, 2015, 09:42:33 am

lol...it should be revealed sometime today or at the least Wednesday morning...I can't see them waiting too late. Too many kids know by now so it should get out sooner...

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 13, 2015, 07:36:22 am
Quote from: macadoshis on October 13, 2015, 07:04:18 am
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 13, 2015, 05:44:14 am
Mac, how much does the big Lamar tight end weigh?
230ish

Is he getting any college inquiries?
None that I'm aware of Pap.  He went with Hunter to all the elite camps this summer.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on October 13, 2015, 09:55:45 am
Is he getting any college inquiries?
None that I'm aware of Pap.  He went with Hunter to all the elite camps this summer.
[/quote]

I would think he would get a look at a lower level, at least, on size and hands alone.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 13, 2015, 09:54:09 am

lol...it should be revealed sometime today or at the least Wednesday morning...I can't see them waiting too late. Too many kids know by now so it should get out sooner...
Charleston coach new coach at south Carolina?

MICHAELSPAPPY

[/quote]

If it makes "not very close" a 99% probability, then it probably involves (1) one of the quarterbacks, (2) a group of players, (3) one of the coaches.

macadoshis

Quote from: Oldman on October 13, 2015, 10:19:21 am

Charleston coach new coach at south Carolina?
Davenport moves in with Adapted this week  and takes his sons vacant room ???

OLDSCHOOL82

It's either Jones is laid up of from a bad batch of nanner puddin and mac is taking the reins this week or K is on a plane to south Carolina.

macadoshis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 13, 2015, 10:23:48 am
It's either Jones is laid up of from a bad batch of nanner puddin and mac is taking the reins this week or K is on a plane to south Carolina.
+1

Legend

I heard the ole hbc is coming to Ozark for the JV job

OLDSCHOOL82

Come on Venny.  Let it slip!  Nothing worse than someone saying, I need to tell you something, ah nevermind!!

ChucktownTiger

My guess is Venny doesn't know what he's talking about.

adaptedtigerfan

It's nothing OLDSCHOOL..   You know Gill's little puppy dog.  Just likes to stir things up.

Clara Allen

From the sublime to the ridiculous.....

WPWells

Are we really going to listen to what a wannabe coach who's jealous of Charleston's success is saying?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 13, 2015, 10:45:24 am
Are we really going to listen to what a wannabe coach who's jealous of Charleston's success is saying?

Venny just applied for the vacated spot when K headed to South Carolina.  Things shook up quick.

YC

Reports of Charleston's offensive right guard dislocating his pinky on his right hand in practice yesterday, sidelining him for the reminder of the season and ruining a promising college career are highly exaggerated. He will play Friday night.

Ned_Flanders

I heard that the QB, the RB and the 2 good receivers from Charleston were suspended.   Any truth to this?  I sure hope not, but it did come from a pretty reliable source.     Now don't ask what for because I don't know that.   It's none of my business.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Sources on both sides of the isle figure that Venny is pulling our collective legs.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on October 13, 2015, 11:45:02 am
I heard that the QB, the RB and the 2 good receivers from Charleston were suspended.   Any truth to this?  I sure hope not, but it did come from a pretty reliable source.     Now don't ask what for because I don't know that.   It's none of my business.
If that were the case, Lamar by 35 lol

WPWells

I have a brother on the team, and he asked what was going on. One of the people he said had no idea what was going on was the RB.

GBattack

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 13, 2015, 11:52:09 am

I have a brother on the team, and he asked what was going on. One of the people he said had no idea what was going on was the RB.
I can guarantee you of those students listed...there are no disciplinary or academic issues...so no truth to that whatsoever.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas