• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston @ Lamar

Started by WPWells, October 09, 2015, 08:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

purplecrush91

Lamar finally get-r-started

Lamar 42
Chucktown 28

MICHAELSPAPPY

Whatever happens, I think it is a pretty safe prediction that it will NOT be low-scoring.

Lineman

If everyone stays healthy I don't see it being a blow out, for either side. It could come down to whoever makes the fewest mistakes & whoever has the ball last.

babydossett

Wow.....even the best fall sometimes. These are all young men just trying to do their best. I for one am gonna celebrate just the joy of watching a Friday night tradition, being thankful that all the young men playing make the best memories they can... This has become absolutely ridiculous. Bickering like a bunch of teenage girls at each other's throats. This is a battle of two schools with heart and tradition and pride but reading all this just shows it's a battle of people's egos. I will be there Friday night.... You will hear me, as well as others, rooting our kids on for a fair and exciting game.... Make no doubt tho-ya'll will hear me!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: babydossett on October 11, 2015, 09:52:32 pm
Wow.....even the best fall sometimes. These are all young men just trying to do their best. I for one am gonna celebrate just the joy of watching a Friday night tradition, being thankful that all the young men playing make the best memories they can... This has become absolutely ridiculous. Bickering like a bunch of teenage girls at each other's throats. This is a battle of two schools with heart and tradition and pride but reading all this just shows it's a battle of people's egos. I will be there Friday night.... You will hear me, as well as others, rooting our kids on for a fair and exciting game.... Make no doubt tho-ya'll will hear me!

Very confused, I thought this was what fearless Friday has been about for..... Idk I've been reading for about 10 years.

babydossett

Some of these posts on this thread alone are quite derogatory and down right mean-note I said some-not all. If me stating my opinion is wrong then I guess Fearless Friday isn't what you say it is....just saying

:o :o

macadoshis

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 11, 2015, 09:56:39 pm

Very confused, I thought this was what fearless Friday has been about for..... Idk I've been reading for about 10 years.
Fearless Friday at its best.  All us armchair quarterbacks giving our best game day analysis every week. 

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: babydossett on October 11, 2015, 10:11:16 pm
Some of these posts on this thread alone are quite derogatory and down right mean-note I said some-not all. If me stating my opinion is wrong then I guess Fearless Friday isn't what you say it is....just saying

Hahahahaha....  Welcome to FF.  I can see you wont last long.😂😂

purplecrush91

Not to knock charleston at all but if they win they prove what me and probably everybody else thinks.  that their conference 4-3A is a joke.

WPWells

No offense, but we beat y'all without our starting quarterback. Now run along and go get the five seed and a mercy rule loss in the first round of the playoffs.

purplecrush91

October 11, 2015, 11:55:53 pm #110 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:57:24 pm by purplecrush91
No offense but yall beat us because of a stupid STUPIDDDDDDD mistake by our QB and I think you're still a little especially upset that we were the only team this year to hold you're team to 7 points. But Lamar is going to beat yall and I might just show up to watch it. Oh and p.s. If we were in Chucktown conference I think we would dominant as well.

WPWells

Hi Hillbillyforlife 👋🏼

Longfellow

My official prediction:
Game is tied in the 4th quarter. Chuck scores and then forces a turnover and scores again. Lamar is unable to score twice in the final minutes and charleston wins by a touchdown

purplecrush91

It would be easy for you to say I was hillbilly but that guy is a joke or was (to soon?) I'm stating real facts not opinions Lamar will win maybe not by much but they will win and if we we to play charleston again same teams we would win I'm not say charleston is a joke I'm saying their conference is a joke wow two rivers, Lavaca, Paris man those are tuff teams I mean come on they need to move charleston up where they would actually have a challenge each and every Friday not just once a year.

WPWells

Punctuation is your friend. Reading comprehension is also your friend. If Charleston had Rowland when they played Ozark they win by 28. Now run along and go enjoy your runner-up trophies.

purplecrush91

I don't care about punctuation we are not in a place where it matters and if we had Atkinson charleston would have been lucky to keep up.

TheTruth2010

Ozark lost to Clarksville. LOL

purplecrush91

A game I'm man enough to say we lost. We deserved to lose that game because ozark played horrible. I don't make excuses and I definitely don't think my team is God's gift to football like everyone does in good olé chucktown.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: purplecrush91 on October 12, 2015, 01:40:44 am
A game I'm man enough to say we lost. We deserved to lose that game because ozark played horrible. I don't make excuses and I definitely don't think my team is God's gift to football like everyone does in good olé chucktown.
I think everyone should feel that way about their team. I truly believe Lamar has a shot at the title this year. This week will be our first and only test until the playoffs. I really hope we pull through.

purplecrush91

And I think yall have better of a chance then anyone else in that conference.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: purplecrush91 on October 12, 2015, 01:50:57 am
And I think yall have better of a chance then anyone else in that conference.
That is pretty much a given.

Clara Allen

I can't wait till Friday!

nastynice

Are you kidding me? This thread is as mild and G rated as it gets. No ones had a vaca or has been banned. Half the thread is talking about nanner puddin' ( which I love). Go read some Warren or Stuttgart threads if you want to see "bickering".  This thread is weak. We need someone to spice it up!

babydossett

Quote from: purplecrush91 on October 11, 2015, 11:22:04 pm
Not to knock charleston at all but if they win they prove what me and probably everybody else thinks.  that their conference 4-3A is a joke.
See...stuff like that is exactly what I'm talking about...that right there

babydossett

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 11, 2015, 10:37:58 pm

Oh my dear-it takes more than you!
I've been on here since my son was in 6th grade and now a Senior-so as a woman-I can last a lot longer than you 😁

babydossett

And with all that nonsense--I will see ya'll on Friday night--later taters!
I'll be back on Saturday to read the rest!

Lineman

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: babydossett on October 12, 2015, 05:56:23 am
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 11, 2015, 10:37:58 pm

Oh my dear-it takes more than you!
I've been on here since my son was in 6th grade and now a Senior-so as a woman-I can last a lot longer than you 😁

There are a lot of you in Charleston as well.  I know of about 5 moms that get on here and read.  They get so bent outta shape but still won't make an account to voice their opinion.   This would be so much better if all of the "guests" that read would make a name and talk.  It's always the same goobers saying the same thing. 

Btw congrats for being active 1 full year tomorrow.  Maybe you will get worked up enough by the end of the week you can join in on more convo.

AlumniLights

Quote from: purplecrush91 on October 11, 2015, 11:55:53 pm
No offense but yall beat us because of a stupid STUPIDDDDDDD mistake by our QB and I think you're still a little especially upset that we were the only team this year to hold you're team to 7 points. But Lamar is going to beat yall and I might just show up to watch it. Oh and p.s. If we were in Chucktown conference I think we would dominant as well.

A wins a wins a win buddy. 7 points was good enough to beat your hillbillies.  8)

imtie

Is this dude serious?? You sir are about to get your oil checked! let the tiger fest begin.

macadoshis

Quote from: imtie on October 12, 2015, 08:24:19 am

Is this dude serious?? You sir are about to get your oil checked! let the tiger fest begin.
There might be room along the fence or in the corner somewhere if you're coming Friday.  Bring your books and study while ya wait for the game to start.  Or better yet,  watch Ozark play.  They need all the support they can get.

MICHAELSPAPPY

And my sinuses would pick this week to start going south on me, so I probably will not be able to yell at all. I guess I will just have to stomp the bleachers.

adaptedtigerfan

You won't have to worry about yelling PAPPY...  I'm sure after the 1st quarter it will be pure silence on the Warrior side. 😁😁

macadoshis

A moment of silence maybe, in rememberance of the Tiger "tradition"

WPWells

Good trash talk. Well done by both sides

adaptedtigerfan

You have to use that word with extreme caution in these parts.   Lots of people get offended.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Two years ago I actually physically strained my vocal chords and it took me several weeks to get over it - and I didn't even have drainage then.

MICHAELSPAPPY

One thing Lamar needs are some yell leaders, like Texas A&M. Not cheerleaders, who usually accomplish nothing in terms of getting the crowd fired up. We need some leather-lunged student or alumnus who will get down in front of the stands and get the crowd involved.

adaptedtigerfan

You should have been on the visitors side then.  With the officials that night you would have lost your salvation.

macadoshis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 12, 2015, 09:00:32 am
You have to use that word with extreme caution in these parts.   Lots of people get offended.
True True, don't want peoples feelings hurt. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 12, 2015, 09:03:06 am
You should have been on the visitors side then.  With the officials that night you would have lost your salvation.

All I remember was that it was raining a slow, cold drizzle, and that white hat was strolling leisurely everywhere he went while I got colder and wetter. He must have been paid by the hour.

WPWells

The word people around here don't like (and will mute you for using) is "garbage"

Proud Buckaroo

As long as it's not directed towards a school. Ha.

Time to take the garbage out? Is that okay?

WPWells

That's only okay if you're talking about what Charleston is gonna do to Lamar on friday

Lineman

Quote from: macadoshis on October 12, 2015, 09:03:15 am
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 12, 2015, 09:00:32 am
True True, don't want peoples feelings hurt.
What are these "feelings" everyone speaks of?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 12, 2015, 09:09:34 am
That's only okay if you're talking about what Charleston is gonna do to Lamar on friday

Oh, no. I was talking about taking my trash to the road.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 12, 2015, 09:05:49 am
The word people around here don't like (and will mute you for using) is "garbage"

Is there a technical difference between talking trash and talking garbage?

WPWells

Not really, I just know that the admins will mute you for a couple weeks if you say things like "Clarendon is a garbage program"

The Dynasty

October 12, 2015, 09:26:51 am #148 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:29:39 am by The Dynasty
Since you Warriors don't like the word tradition let's look at history. You've never beat Charleston. This Junior bunch I think beat this team in 8th grade after the Jr. High QB Gerlick was moved to the senior high team as a 9th grader to play LB. That's not tradition that's history. Recent history. History also tells me you will be out coached. It happens every year. Jones has never won a big game at Lamar. Lamar's QB isn't going to beat us passing the ball. He averages 100 yds a game. History tells me C'town doesn't lose to one dimensional running teams. Ask the 2014 Booneville team. I like the fact that C'town will be the best team Lamar has played all year while Lamar will be C'town's 3rd behind Prairie Grove and Shilow. Whether Lamar will want to admit it or not this is the biggest game in the history of the program. They have had this circled for awhile and the rest of their season hinges on this game. Charleston will be ready, overly prepared but not overly in awe of the atmosphere. History tells me within the last calendar year they've played a great Booneville team twice, won a state championship and played at Razorback Stadium. Lamar will be getting a team that will be in their big game mindset that they have been in before. History tells me Lamar has not played and been successful under those conditions. I think Lamar is a good team but think they fall short in the biggest game they've ever played in.

Charleston-42
Lamar-27

History also tells me Ozark is not a good football program when compared the Charleston. The best thing you boys could do is cut your loses with this Franklin County Feud game and call it quits. It has to be getting a tad bit embarrassing losing to a little ole' 3A school.

BAMA#16

Two good teams with different offensive schemes going at it, so ready for this game!!!! Good luck to both teams and no injuries.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas