• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston @ Lamar

Started by WPWells, October 09, 2015, 08:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

With both teams closing out mercy rule victories, it's time to talk about one of the biggest 3A games of the year. I'm going to say Charleston takes it 42-35.

Clara Allen

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 09, 2015, 08:51:48 pm
With both teams closing out mercy rule victories, it's time to talk about one of the biggest 3A games of the year. I'm going to say Charleston takes it 42-35.

I hate to see Lamar learn how to lose in the playoffs, Ctown is that monkey on eveyones back.  I say i'm happy either way.   Would love to see this team go all the way I like losses before the playoffs,  But still would be nice to see them beat Ctown. Surely Lamar will be the favorite,  I say Lamar wins by a couple scores NO WAY THEY OVER LOOK A TEAM LIKE CHARLESTON.

macadoshis

I would guess Lamar starting defense gave up less than 30 yards total offense in the first half. they looked solid. Davenport was held to 37 yards on the ground but every other back stepped up big.  Ill have to think on it for a few days before predicting a score. 

WPWells

Quote from: macadoshis on October 09, 2015, 09:31:09 pm
I would guess Lamar starting defense gave up less than 30 yards total offense in the first half. they looked solid. Davenport was held to 37 yards on the ground but every other back stepped up big.  Ill have to think on it for a few days before predicting a score.

Charleston jumped out 28-0 in the first quarter tonight. It appears we may have ironed out some of our early-season wrinkles.

nastynice

After watching 1 qtr of tonites game, my gut instantly tells me Charleston wins this game by 14. And that's with the bad refs next week too!

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: nastynice on October 09, 2015, 09:42:07 pm
After watching 1 qtr of tonites game, my gut instantly tells me Charleston wins this game by 14. And that's with the bad refs next week too!

Who did you watch? And have you seen both teams play?

nastynice

Bvlle/Lamar tonite. And yes, seen both teams.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: nastynice on October 09, 2015, 10:11:06 pm

What does Ctown do so good?  Havent seen them play.  I know htey have got player healthy and back from earlier in the season. Just have been curious what they do to win so well.

WPWells

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 09, 2015, 10:18:50 pm

What does Ctown do so good?  Havent seen them play.  I know htey have got player healthy and back from earlier in the season. Just have been curious what they do to win so well.

Spread offense. Will be unlike anything Lamar has seen this year. However, Charleston hasn't seen a running game like Lamar's

macadoshis

[/quote
What tells you that? And bad refs?  Lamar uses the same crew Charleston uses for their home games!  So not sure what you mean on the bad refs.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 09, 2015, 10:19:41 pm

Spread offense. Will be unlike anything Lamar has seen this year. However, Charleston hasn't seen a running game like Lamar's

Sounds like a,good match up buddy.  Can't wait to watch.   I'll be on a hay trailer sipping some keystone loiving every second.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 09, 2015, 10:35:21 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 09, 2015, 10:19:41 pm

Sounds like a,good match up buddy.  Can't wait to watch.   I'll be on a hay trailer sipping some keystone loiving every second.

So...are you the guy responsible for the offensive stench coming from the visitors side?

Hitman Warrior23

Nope that's just the city sewer ponds.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 09, 2015, 11:01:46 pm

The city sewer smells like chicken litter?

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: HF on October 09, 2015, 11:07:38 pm

Well fella that money smell is a chicken farm directly north of the field, but us county folk thinks that smells like money,  however the smell of crap is the city sewer/water treatment ponds.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 09, 2015, 11:15:37 pm
Quote from: HF on October 09, 2015, 11:07:38 pm

Well fella that money smell is a chicken farm directly north of the field, but us county folk thinks that smells like money,  however the smell of crap is the city sewer/water treatment ponds.

.....I work on a cargill multiplier farm....chickens still stink compared to that....

Hitman Warrior23

And no im not. Just a buddy that uses his trailer to watch some games.   

Hitman Warrior23

October 09, 2015, 11:18:12 pm #18 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:20:31 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Can't wait to see the game smell of money or not.   GO WARRIORS!

Paperman

Good luck Tigers! Should be a real battle!

BigLion10

TheTruth2010

It is going to be fun watching Charleston get mercy ruled.  8)

Proud Buckaroo

We are definitely going to see how good Lamar's defense is or isn't. Secondary is still a little questionable for they haven't been tested in that part of the game.

I still think... charleston will win this. -gag.-  :-X

WPWells

Man PB you're coming around!

HorseFeathers

Banana pudding....if that still stands then I have no cares on how the game actually goes haha

Clara Allen

Quote from: HF on October 10, 2015, 08:01:35 am
Banana pudding....if that still stands then I have no cares on how the game actually goes haha

I need a headcount by Wednesday if you want to meet and greet, I'll supply dessert.   The burgers at the Booster Club booth are to die for!  And next door to where I'll set up.  I'll do it, but I better know how many.  I don't like taking extra home!   

macadoshis

Charleston, who most everyone had written off first of the season after two losses, is back !!  Clicking on all cylinders again.  And Lamars poor first quarter last night (14 points scored, 7 yards allowed) makes it easy to say the Tigers by at least two scores according to everyone.  I myself think it wil be a close game.  Both teams will be fired up.  There will be no "little voices" saying we cant beat the mighty Tigers.   If they win, ill give them their props for being tge best team that night.  I agree with everyone elses assessment of Lamar.  How good the secondary can cover will determine the outcome of the game.  I would get after Rowland all night.  cant bring the house because their screen game is really good.  LB's are going to have to be disciplined.  On offense, we will be able to run the ball.   Davenport had receivers open a couple of times and missed them.  He will have to be on point Friday night and take advantages of the opportunities he's given. 
Warrior's   38
Tigers        35

macadoshis

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 10, 2015, 08:43:26 am

I need a headcount by Wednesday if you want to meet and greet, I'll supply dessert.   The burgers at the Booster Club booth are to die for!  And next door to where I'll set up.  I'll do it, but I better know how many.  I don't like taking extra home!
What time is this little meet and greet going to take place?

Clara Allen

No blow out this Friday for either team.    It will be a hard fought game on both sides.  I'm ready to see my boys play a full game.  If we fix the issues we have and focus on a flawless game, we will win.   

Warriors 36
Tigers 32

HorseFeathers

Don't worry about taking extra home...I'll gladly take it off of your hands...haha

HorseFeathers

Oh yeah...I'm definitely in. Had this game circled as a must attend since schedules were published last summer

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 10, 2015, 04:01:23 am
This coming from the same guy who picked Lavaca to beat Paris by 3 touchdowns......

Clara Allen

October 10, 2015, 09:50:26 am #32 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:53:20 am by warriorsforever2
Quote from: macadoshis on October 10, 2015, 08:46:21 am
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 10, 2015, 08:43:26 am

What time is this little meet and greet going to take place?

Meet and greet from 5 till 6 or so.  In front of the "cheer house".  Little white building between the Boister Club cook house and TShirt shack Glad you asked Mac!

beach bum

Charleston 28 Lamar 20 ...... The Tiger aura just looms too large in this one.

WPWells

TheTruth2010

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on October 10, 2015, 09:44:03 am
Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 10, 2015, 04:01:23 am
This coming from the same guy who picked Lavaca to beat Paris by 3 touchdowns......
I'm most certain almost everyone outside of Paris expected Lavaca to win.

BAMA#16

This one will be decided by Lamar secondary, if they can cover the tiger receivers, I say Lamar will win by a couple TD's, but if they can't, it will be a good game. It will be very tough running the ball against Lamar's front seven, but you still have to keep the defense honest.

benchwarmer99

Charleston by 6. This is Lamar's first true test.

macadoshis

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 10, 2015, 08:49:17 am
No blow out this Friday for either team.    It will be a hard fought game on both sides.  I'm ready to see my boys play a full game.  If we fix the issues we have and focus on a flawless game, we will win.   

Warriors 36
Tigers 32
What are these issues you speak of ?

Coach Venny Slocombe

It's Lamars time...Warriors by 14...

OLDSCHOOL82

This is not a dig on Lamar due to the beat down they by all means just gave us.  Just an honest opinion that won't carry much weight since I haven't seen the other top 5 in 3 A play.  I will elaborate on this more during the week.  If chuck is healthy than it should be a ball game and I believe chuck will pull out the win.  I don't believe they are a top 5 team either.  I'm not sure Lamar has what it takes to make it all the way this year.  I could be proven wrong.  That's my opinion after watching them live and the rest of their games on film.

macadoshis

I've heard a couple of people now say pretty much the same thing.  After watching them they don't believe they will beat Charleston and can't win it all.  What exactly have you seen that tells you this.  I'm just curious.  I'm not disagreeing with what both of you have said by no means.  I just want to know what exactly you've taken out of the games you've watched that makes you feel they can't win.

adaptedtigerfan

Still weighing in..   I will give you guys my honest opinion by Tuesday.

WPWells

OLDSCHOOL, I'm curious as to who you've seen that makes you think that neither Charleston nor Lamar stand a chance. It seems to me that the 3A as a whole is down this year and there are several teams that could win with the right breaks.

OLDSCHOOL82

Gonna be Monday or Tuesday before I can elaborate on any of this.  Like I said,  I could be way off due to the fact I haven't seen the other top teams in the state in any form.

bearcat1983

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 10, 2015, 02:26:41 pm
OLDSCHOOL, I'm curious as to who you've seen that makes you think that neither Charleston nor Lamar stand a chance. It seems to me that the 3A as a whole is down this year and there are several teams that could win with the right breaks.

I don't think everyone in 3a is down....

-Painted Fan-

I have heard that statement every year for more than a decade.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 10, 2015, 02:30:13 pm
Gonna be Monday or Tuesday before I can elaborate on any of this.  Like I said,  I could be way off due to the fact I haven't seen the other top teams in the state in any form.
Lamar has mercy ruled everyone before halftime so far this year. We have not played the best of completion but how many other teams you think could do that in 3a? Probably none.

Proud Buckaroo

If Smackover played lamar's schedule. They would have done the same thing. Prescott would as well. Harding would most likely do the same. If Lamar, or anyone in 3A would have played smackover's first two non-conference games. They would start 0-2 as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas