• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is the deal?

Started by Sick Dog, October 07, 2015, 12:17:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sick Dog

Why isn't there very much smack talk going on this year? I think no one is confident enough in their team to say to much. i.e. Booneville, Smackover, Prescott, etc. etc. etc. Is Lamar the best team? they dont know how to get on fearless do they?

Ned_Flanders

Such dog they have one extravagant poster.  I'm sure he will be the next to post.

Sick Dog

yeah and for some reason we havent heard much form him this year....

Ned_Flanders

O he posts a lot.  He is the #1 poster.  If I didn't know better I would say it was Coach Jones himself.

Sick Dog

What is his posting name? and that wouldn't shock me at all if it was him from what i know about him. Wasnt he the guy a Magazine when they won it?

Austin.Sutton

I agree, I don't think the teams have much confidence in themselves. Smackover is what, 3-2? Still ranked #1, but I don't think we will see more post till about week 8. That being said, there is still plenty to talk about in 3a!

TheTruth2010

Lamar will mercy rule everyone they play this year. That includes playoffs and state finals game.  8)

OLDSCHOOL82

Lamar has three posters.  Mac, pappy, and coach.  It's fairly easy to figure out which one is Coach Jones, even with very little education.

WPWells

TheTruth2010

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 07, 2015, 12:54:25 pm
Lamar has three posters.  Mac, pappy, and coach.  It's fairly easy to figure out which one is Coach Jones, even with very little education.

macadoshis

There are a lot of good teams out there, and since I'm a big believer in Karma, you'll never hear me talk too much smack. Especially since mine is a cog in that Warrior wheel. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on October 07, 2015, 01:04:09 pm
There are a lot of good teams out there, and since I'm a big believer in Karma, you'll never hear me talk too much smack. Especially since mine is a cog in that Warrior wheel.

I don't think it is talking smack to say that the Warriors are pretty good this year. They probably would beat all but the top few teams this year. And maybe even them, but we can't tell yet. If we get knocked down at Ctown, then we will know that we are only pretty good, not "really good." Until then, it is nice to enjoy the "maybe."

It has been a rare thing for Lamar even to be in the conversation at this level, so folks should not be too irritated about it. Every dog has his day; we are enjoying ours so far.

macadoshis

I feel we can play with any team in the state.  I think we can move the ball on anyone.  What worries me a tad is stopping a heavy dose of pass.  Only because we haven't seen it much at all so far.

adaptedtigerfan

I'm sure you will get a fair share of passing against Booneville this week.  Bahahaha

macadoshis

I figure I will pass more money through the concession stand window than both teams combined Adapted. 

adaptedtigerfan

macadoshis

Next week we'll see more passing than we've seen in all 6 games combined, so I'll assess our secondary play after that. 

Proud Buckaroo

Why is there so many newb accounts this year?

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 07, 2015, 02:01:47 pm
Don't worry, they have been readers for a long time.

imtie

October 07, 2015, 04:48:10 pm #19 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:00:45 pm by imtie
Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 07, 2015, 02:06:23 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 07, 2015, 02:01:47 pm
Don't worry, they have been readers for a long time.

This is true, sometimes reading the nonsense is more fun then joining in. But I am a newb from last year.

quicksand

Quote from: Sick Dog on October 07, 2015, 12:17:59 pm
Why isn't there very much smack talk going on this year?
Not to worry.  Glen Rose is ready to unleash the fair weather...ahem I mean posters.

ASU123

I'm a newb poster, only because I just recently graduated.

ChucktownTiger

Last year was fun with Charleston, Booneville, Lamar and for a short time Paris all feeling they had a shot. The Booneville game was an epic week. Starting Saturday before the game. With Paris being down as usual and Booneville having a tough year things have slowed down. Most don't give Charleston a chance against Lamar, so next week prolly won't be quite like last year but should be a little busier on the boards.

Clara Allen

Begging you pardon, what am I, chopped liver???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 07, 2015, 07:57:54 pm

I think your supposed to be in the kitchen working on our tailgate party desserts for week 7??? Maybe that's why he didn't include you ;D

Clara Allen

He obviously does not know who the important ones are around here!   And I'll be making the tailgate stuff AFTER inget back from charleston on Thursday night!

imtie

Quote from: HF on October 07, 2015, 08:05:17 pm
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 07, 2015, 07:57:54 pm

I think your supposed to be in the kitchen working on our tailgate party desserts for week 7??? Maybe that's why he didn't include you ;D

:o :o  Harsh! lol

macadoshis

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 07, 2015, 07:51:33 pm
Last year was fun with Charleston, Booneville, Lamar and for a short time Paris all feeling they had a shot. The Booneville game was an epic week. Starting Saturday before the game. With Paris being down as usual and Booneville having a tough year things have slowed down. Most don't give Charleston a chance against Lamar, so next week prolly won't be quite like last year but should be a little busier on the boards.
I would think it'd be other way around with most not giving Lamar a chance.  That's the vibe I'm getting from the ones I talk to.  I'd be willing to bet even Hootens had the Tigers favored.

macadoshis

And I'll vouch for how good the desserts will be next week.  I've had my fair share.

adaptedtigerfan

I'll bet the farm that Hootens picks Lamar by 1.

Clara Allen

Quote from: macadoshis on October 07, 2015, 08:41:38 pm
And I'll vouch for how good the desserts will be next week.  I've had my fair share.
[/quote

Why thank you Mac!   Extra helping for you!!!

BUCK FEVER

There is not much to talk about.......the best team is ranked number 1 in everyones poll......has been all year and will be at the end of the year......what else is there to talk about.

adaptedtigerfan

They aren't ranked #1 in my poll.  But to each his own.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 07, 2015, 08:16:57 pm
He obviously does not know who the important ones are around here!   And I'll be making the tailgate stuff AFTER inget back from charleston on Thursday night!

So this is happening?

Clara Allen

Apparently..
But then, Im a non poster according to this newb, so, if I'm invisible, then maybe tailgating is invisible too...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 07, 2015, 09:21:34 pm

Do you vote in the Fan poll? If not you should...

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 07, 2015, 09:35:42 pm
Apparently..
But then, Im a non poster according to this newb, so, if I'm invisible, then maybe tailgating is invisible too...

Oldschool take it back!

P.S...I just hope the weather is better than the last two times I've been to Lamar...."Creeks" are not meant to run down the sidelines of a football field..

OLDSCHOOL82

Man,  sorry I missed you warrior!  I'll make sure everyone gets a participation trophy!  The main point I was wanting to make was the identity of coach jones that was eluding them!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 07, 2015, 10:17:34 pm
Man,  sorry I missed you warrior!  I'll make sure everyone gets a participation trophy!  The main point I was wanting to make was the identity of coach jones that was eluding them!

Hes a world champion at hide and seek...

Sick Dog

From what I know about him he makes no bones about it. He will tell how good they are. lol

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: macadoshis on October 07, 2015, 08:39:34 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 07, 2015, 07:51:33 pm
I would think it'd be other way around with most not giving Lamar a chance.  That's the vibe I'm getting from the ones I talk to.  I'd be willing to bet even Hootens had the Tigers favored.

Like it or not, Lamar is the favorite. NO question about it. Now lets see hoe they do with the reversed role. Will they come out and prove what the polls show or will they keep it close and let Charleston slip up on them and get another W. I hope they listen to that voice in the back of their minds telling them how many times they've lost to ctown. No question it will be a battle come next Friday.

Sick Dog

Will be lots of interesting games next week in 3A. I know that game will be a good one, I know GR will play Prescott and that should be a good one and I am sure there is a good game in the SEC between the Mighty Bucs and someone they will try to talk up and think they shouldnt blow them out.

WPWells

Quote from: Sick Dog on October 08, 2015, 01:00:39 pm
Will be lots of interesting games next week in 3A. I know that game will be a good one, I know GR will play Prescott and that should be a good one and I am sure there is a good game in the SEC between the Mighty Bucs and someone they will try to talk up and think they shouldnt blow them out.

I think the Bucs have CHG. If so, that's three top 10 matchups next week.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 07, 2015, 09:21:34 pm

your poll don"t count.

Clara Allen

OK- if you are coming to Lamar-Charleston I need to know how much time I need to spend in the kitchen this next week.
Probably banana pudding and brownies.  The boys are getting banana pudding and Warreo balls (that Oreo to the uneducated- made with Halloween oreos)  Given my schedule, if you are serious about this I need to know ASAP

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 09, 2015, 05:57:48 am
OK- if you are coming to Lamar-Charleston I need to know how much time I need to spend in the kitchen this next week.
Probably banana pudding and brownies.  The boys are getting banana pudding and Warreo balls (that Oreo to the uneducated- made with Halloween oreos)  Given my schedule, if you are serious about this I need to know ASAP

I'm down for this...but I don't know if I'll be able to make it over to Lamar early or not..

adaptedtigerfan

October 09, 2015, 06:27:21 am #45 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:32:15 am by adaptedtigerfan
It is my full intention to be at Lamar.

-Painted Fan-

Physically, I'll be in Fayetteville.
Mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, I'll be in Lamar.

WPWells

I'll be there. Personally, I think warriorsforever2 is the best

TheTruth2010

The Lamar and charleston game should be great. That being said they both need to take care of buisness tonight!

GBattack

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on October 09, 2015, 07:10:21 am
Physically, I'll be in Fayetteville.
Mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, I'll be in Lamar.
Oh no!! Our #1 cheerleader won't be there??? Por que? That is disheartening...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas