• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centerpoint. @ LR Episcopal

Started by maytag, October 05, 2015, 07:38:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maytag

maytag

Gona  say it'll be a shootout. Going with cp 49 ecs 35

KOJACK

Two good teams. Could decide the seeding from 2-4 in conference. I'm gonna go with ECS by 2 TDs.

CHSKnightsFan

Both teams were handled by Prescott. ECS was in a close one with Horatio. Centerpoint handled Horatio forcing multiple turnovers. Still I think it will be a shootout. CP - 42 ECS - 35

RowdyReputation40

Doubted centerpoint last week and won't do it this week. 52-42 Knights

NewRecruit

Both teams have some very skilled athletes on both sides of the ball. Centerpoint has a pretty good kicker and I think it will be close, so I am going with Centerpoint by a field goal. 45-42.

Maynard G Krebs

The Tigers may pull this one out. 

mtindian42

TurkeyHunter

Centerpoint in a high scoring shootout
CP.   49
ECS. 41

maytag

I definitely think this one will be interesting

WildcatGrandpa13

The boys are looking to bounce back after a questionable showing against Prescott, I'll go with ECS by 2 TDs

cdelaney

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on October 07, 2015, 12:07:12 pm
The boys are looking to bounce back after a questionable showing against Prescott, I'll go with ECS by 2 TDs
You and Kojack (BFFs) on the same page as usual.

Sick Dog

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on October 07, 2015, 12:21:15 pm
Remarkable minds think alike.

Maynard G Krebs

cdelaney

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: KOJACK on October 07, 2015, 03:55:51 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on October 07, 2015, 12:21:15 pm
Remarkable minds think alike.
Indeed they do KOJACK. Good luck against Horatio this week.

CornFields12

Episcopal takes the W in this one.  :)

Bob

Does centerpoint have enough offense to keep uo with the ec$?

Sick Dog

Quote from: cdelaney on October 07, 2015, 04:31:41 pm
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 07, 2015, 03:58:47 pm
Go Tigers
No way the Tigers win this game

I can assure you ECS wins this one unless they have several players out.

cdelaney

Quote from: Sick Dog on October 08, 2015, 12:34:32 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on October 07, 2015, 04:31:41 pm
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 07, 2015, 03:58:47 pm
Go Tigers
No way the Tigers win this game

I can assure you ECS wins this one unless they have several players out.
I stand by my statement. The Tigers will not win this game. It's a lock.

TurkeyHunter

The way I see it is Episcopal is the underdog in this game, if they play like they did against Prescott and Horatio then Centerpoint wins it, plain and simple.

Longfellow

Centerpoint has a good team that features a really good offense. I'm just not sure they can matchup with freeman and Robinson

Maynard G Krebs

HorseFeathers

maytag

Amity was the Rams.  Glen wood was tigers.    Centerpoint are the knights

Skip Baymore

One of the more interesting games of the week.  I wouldn't be surprised to see either win by 2 or more T.D.s.  Centerpoint will prob. have more first downs, but ECS will prob. have more big plays.

Maynard G Krebs

maytag

To be a private Christian school ecs is pretty classless

WPWells

maytag

Not cryn it was a heck of a ball game. Probly the best in state tonight.  To be smaller and slower cp give them more than they wanted.   Ask them and see.  Their super studs had their hands on their hips sucking wind

hornethigh-mhs

hornethigh-mhs

Does anyone have the stats for the game?

neds

Quote from: maytag on October 09, 2015, 10:06:13 pm
Not cryn it was a heck of a ball game. Probly the best in state tonight.  To be smaller and slower cp give them more than they wanted.   Ask them and see.  Their super studs had their hands on their hips sucking wind

Classless , who is attacking who?

Skip Baymore

Quote from: maytag on October 09, 2015, 10:00:11 pm
Its actually only a few guys who are some of their best players and wont be there much longer.  Most of the ECS guys are good guys.  But one has been expressing his own greatness to the crowd for years.  Even as a 9th grader, I remember the refs being very nice not ejecting him, during ECS's loss to HA in the basketball state championship a few years ago. 

Paperman

What a low scoring game! Not much D played in this one!

NewRecruit

Both of these teams should be a tough out for anyone they play!

Proud Buckaroo

Is it basketball season already?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Skip Baymore on October 10, 2015, 12:34:44 am
Its actually only a few guys who are some of their best players and wont be there much longer.  Most of the ECS guys are good guys.  But one has been expressing his own greatness to the crowd for years.  Even as a 9th grader, I remember the refs being very nice not ejecting him, during ECS's loss to HA in the basketball state championship a few years ago. 

Must only happen when they're winning. ..

cdelaney

What are you talking about?

cdelaney

Maybe because they were on the field for 90+% of the plays both ways, in a 3hr track meet with 1200 yds total offense. They were still making big plays at the end of the game though weren't they.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cdelaney on October 10, 2015, 09:49:29 am
Maybe because they were on the field for 90+% of the plays both ways, in a 3hr track meet with 1200 yds total offense. They were still making big plays at the end of the game though weren't they.

1200 yards?

cdelaney

Quote from: HF on October 10, 2015, 10:22:30 am
Quote from: cdelaney on October 10, 2015, 09:49:29 am

1200 yards?
yeah. Like I said, defensive struggle. No punts.

WildcatGrandpa13

It would be interesting to see your views on this if Centerpoint had pulled this one out.

NewRecruit

This is not directed towards either team, but it is sad to see a team be labeled by the actions of a few players. However, it does all fall back on the coaches.

cdelaney

Quote from: NewRecruit on October 12, 2015, 03:43:39 pm
This is not directed towards either team, but it is sad to see a team be labeled by the actions of a few players. However, it does all fall back on the coaches.
I still don't know what "actions" there were that lead to this discussion. I didn't see anything that would be considered "classless". There was a little chirping that went on both ways, usually after a ball carrier/receiver would be held up by multiple defenders an the refs took too long to blow the whistle. And I am sure there was some smack talking both ways as well, but nothing out of the ordinary. Seemed like a pretty clean game.
We all wish these 16-18 year old boys would act with the maturity and sportsmanship of the typical FF poster don't we?

Pastureboy21

Quote from: Skip Baymore on October 10, 2015, 12:34:44 am

Calling out kids on the internet. Nice.

Carljung

October 12, 2015, 07:57:55 pm #47 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:00:01 pm by Carljung
I haven't heard anything negative about those kids before.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas