• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie @ Rivercrest

Started by redandgray, October 05, 2015, 08:23:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who are you picking to win this one?  

Hoxie
7 (25.9%)
Rivercrest
20 (74.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

redandgray

What are your thoughts on this game?

ISU7

Head Lion

Colts by 12 in the mosquito dome.

ASU123

Should be a good hard fought game if Hoxie brings a better defense to the table. Im gonna be a homer and say Mustangs win in a close one!!

OB11

Being at home helps the Colts out big in this one I think. I know Langston is one of the best backs in the 3A (if not the state) but I think Rivercrest will need to open up the playbook a little more this week. They fought fire with fire against Piggott by lining up and just running it every play.  I look for the Colts to do a little more through the air to go along with a heavy dose of #33.

redandgray

This is the Hootens game of the week in 3A and they've picked Hoxie by 7

State champs 2010

Quote from: redandgray on October 06, 2015, 08:19:30 am
i believe they picked piggot last week as well if I'm not mistaken!

ISU7

I picked Arkansas to beat Toledo, we all know how they turned out. Hooten's maybe right, but that's why they play the game. Good Luck too both teams. 8) 8)

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on October 05, 2015, 10:09:00 am
There's no mosquito there since the fields are being burned. ;D ;D 8)

Coltfan97

OB11

Quote from: ISU7 on October 06, 2015, 09:00:36 am
Quote from: Head Lion on October 05, 2015, 10:09:00 am
There's no mosquito there since the fields are being burned. ;D ;D 8)

I think the ones in south Mississippi County are fire, cold, and disease resistant.  They'd survive a nuclear winter.

mtindian42

October 06, 2015, 05:24:54 pm #11 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:59:35 pm by mtindian42
The crest 27 Hoxie 31

PermaBan

This is going to be a good game. I will be their with a 9lb 7oz baby in a car seat carrier,feeding liquified nachos to the baby in a bottle. If we score I'll be doing a helicopter type move with said car seat carrier so WATCH OUT MAN!

Coltfan2005

Is there anyone out there that still believes Pootens knows anything about high school football in northeast arkansas? Hoxie will get up for this game. Rivercrest will have to get their heads in it from the start. Last week there were 6 different times in the first half where the right number of players weren't on the field. Quite a few problems on the snap, players not committing to blocks. This week hopefully the colts come out more focused. Hoxie has not played a team as physical or as fast as Rivercrest all year. Actually, Hoxie hasn't been really tested at all this year. Let's hope they don't decide to "ace the test" this friday night.

mtindian42

Hoxie lost at Trumann... They have been tested...

Paperman

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 06, 2015, 09:20:02 pm
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 06, 2015, 08:56:39 pm
I
Is there anyone out there that still believes Pootens knows anything about high school football in northeast arkansas? Hoxie will get up for this game. Rivercrest will have to get their heads in it from the start. Last week there were 6 different times in the first half where the right number of players weren't on the field. Quite a few problems on the snap, players not committing to blocks. This week hopefully the colts come out more focused. Hoxie has not played a team as physical or as fast as Rivercrest all year. Actually, Hoxie hasn't been really tested at all this year. Let's hope they don't decide to "ace the test" this friday night.

Tested by traditionally the bottom half of the 4A-3 dwelling Wildcats? I doubt that! I also don't think Hooten's knows much about football in NEA! I say the Colts roll past the Mustangs 39-19!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 06, 2015, 09:20:02 pm

If that was a test, then someone gave them the remedial edition.

Pokey beat Truman by about 45 points and beat Corning by 49. So, Truman is 4 points better than Corning. Rivercrest beat Corning by 38, so Rivercrest is about 34 points better than Truman. Truman beat Hoxie by 7, which means Rivercrest is 45 points better than Hoxie. Everyone got it? Fanatastic....I now see no need for the game Friday night, Rivercrest wins 45-0. Write it down and send the women and kids to bed.

mtindian42

You left out the Paragould score how bad did the crest beat them? Trumann 14 Paragould 6

ISU7

October 07, 2015, 07:20:52 am #18 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:45:29 am by ISU7
Quote from: mtindian42 on October 07, 2015, 04:11:19 am
You left out the Paragould score how bad did the crest beat them? Trumann 14 Paragould 6
Crest 14 P-gould  13.......We all know you can't compare scores.... 8)

Coltfan2005

mtindian42

All now scores don't matter... Got ya...lol

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 07, 2015, 07:42:03 am
All know scores don't matter... Got ya...lol
lol I put a K in know for you mtindians, but I new (knew) what you meant... ;D 8)

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Only thing that matters "is what a man can do, and what a man can't do" -capt. jack sparrow

State champs 2010

This game will tell a lot about the conference. I love the hype for this game! Top 10 matchup in 3a. Riverly schools! This game will be broadcasted live on tube town a local tv station. I'd have to say this would be the 3a game of the week in my eyes! Go colts!!!

ISU7

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 07, 2015, 07:57:06 am
Only thing that matters "is what a man can do, and what a man can't do" -capt. jack sparrow
And a baby gotta do what a baby gotta do.""-Chucky .off Rugrats!!!!!!...lol ;D

Head Lion

Coltfan2005

Quote from: State champs 2010 on October 07, 2015, 08:32:29 am
This game will tell a lot about the conference. I love the hype for this game! Top 10 matchup in 3a. Riverly schools! This game will be broadcasted live on tube town a local tv station. I'd have to say this would be the 3a game of the week in my eyes! Go colts!!!

"tube town"?

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 07, 2015, 07:03:37 pm

"tube town"?
Ritter Cable. Ch 21 at 7.pm..

biglion1985

OB11

Quote from: ISU7 on October 07, 2015, 07:09:09 pm

"tube town"?

They actually do a decent job with the pre game show and commentary.  First time I watched their broadcast of a game was a couple of weeks ago when they did Trumann and Pocahontas.  The focus on teams in NEA and not statewide is nice.

Head Lion

ISU7, HOW BOUT THEM CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paperman

Bias

Coltfan2005

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on October 08, 2015, 10:03:19 am
Quote from: ISU7 on October 07, 2015, 07:09:09 pm

"tube town"?

They actually do a decent job with the pre game show and commentary.  First time I watched their broadcast of a game was a couple of weeks ago when they did Trumann and Pocahontas.  The focus on teams in NEA and not statewide is nice.

It's live on the internet at tubetown.com

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on October 08, 2015, 11:50:50 am
BOOOOOOOOOO. they are good but I think my Cards will take them. Jake from State Farm can't pitch every game ...lol ;D 8)

ASU123

Finally Friday! Go Mustangs!

redandgray

Gameday!  Let's go Colts!

State champs 2010

One last prediction! Colts 42 mustangs 21! Go colts!!

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on October 09, 2015, 02:28:15 am
Quote from: Head Lion on October 08, 2015, 11:50:50 am
BOOOOOOOOOO. they are good but I think my Cards will take them. Jake from State Farm can't pitch every game ...lol ;D 8)
LOL

OB11

As much as I'd like to be at this one, looks like I'll be watching it from the house.  Safe travels to all the fans and teams tonight.  Should be a good one!

MustangRampage

For anyone who can't make it out to the game tonight, myhometownradiostations.com live streams all Hoxie games.  Coverage begins around 6:30 every Friday night.  It's completely free and works on any computer, phone, or tablet.  All you need is an internet connection.  Data rates apply.

redandgray

It's the KAIT Region 8 Game of the Week and the Tubetown Game of the Week.  It'll be aired live on Ritter cable channel 21.  All Rivercrest games have live scoring updates on MaxPreps.  This one is at http://bit.ly/HOXIEatRIVERCREST

redandgray

My only problem with this game is that it's a full 6 hours away from kickoff! Come on time!

ASU123

Man i wish I could be there tonight. Heck, i wish i was playing in the game tonight.. But, good luck to both teams, and Go Mustangs!!

State champs 2010

Looks like it's going to be a wet one here at the cotton patch!! Go colts!!

bootlegger

yep your right state champs 2010 its raining pretty good right now in wilson,but maybe it will move out before gametime

OB11

Quote from: State champs 2010 on October 09, 2015, 04:38:49 pm

Does this work in either teams favor?  Or hurts or helps both equally?

State champs 2010

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on October 09, 2015, 05:08:08 pm
Quote from: State champs 2010 on October 09, 2015, 04:38:49 pm

Does this work in either teams favor?  Or hurts or helps both equally?
i believe it will be in favor of the colts running game!!

Coltfan2005

where did they get the guys on the radio for Hoxie? They were busy talking and completely missed a touchdown.

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest called for block in the back because the "player wasn't looking". pass out the equip for flag football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas