• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bald knob @ atkins

Started by Austin.Sutton, October 05, 2015, 08:19:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin.Sutton

Last year the game was called before half because of rain.
Any predictions on the score this year?
Bald knob: 35
Atkins: 21

adaptedtigerfan

Does Bald Knob still have the same QB as last year?

jacosportsfreak

No.  Starting a sophomore this year, but he missed last week due to an injury sustained in the B game that week.  Not sure if he'll be back this week or not.

Longfellow

I'll take Atkins in this one. Maybe by a touchdown. Bald Knob always has a good offense but I haven't seen them this year

WPWells

Bald Knob is 2-0 in conference and currently fall at #12 in my rankings. I'll take the Bulldogs by 14

Austin.Sutton

Bald knob's qb last week didn't look too bad as a replacement for the sophomore. A little nervous, but a decent arm. Either or, I think the run game in Deshawn Gulledge and #5 are too much for Atkins.

Shorttimer

My suspicion is that this is the game that decides the 3 seed out of this conference, although Barton might have a say in that.  BK has spanked Perryville and Rose Bud, which is what everyone will do.  Atkins has played Harding and Marianna, by far the two best teams in the league.  I still think it's a pick 'em, so I'll take Atkins at home.  But I wouldn't be shocked either way.

mtindian42

FNLsupporter

Atkins won't score more than 20 points on Bald Knob's defense. The question will be can Bald Knob score more than 20 on Atkins. I say yes,
Bald Knob 42
Atkins 18.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Shorttimer on October 05, 2015, 10:21:25 am
My suspicion is that this is the game that decides the 3 seed out of this conference, although Barton might have a say in that.  BK has spanked Perryville and Rose Bud, which is what everyone will do.  Atkins has played Harding and Marianna, by far the two best teams in the league.  I still think it's a pick 'em, so I'll take Atkins at home.  But I wouldn't be shocked either way.
Harding is by far the best, but the jury is definitely still out on the 2 seed. Still a lot of season left, so we will see. I don't see Marianna by far better than Mayflower or Bald Knob, but who knows.

Red Devil Dad

Atkins played Harding tough and gave the game away with turnovers to Marianna. They took the lead in the game in the 3rd quarter and then had 3 turnovers after that and could not recover. Credit to Marianna, they are fast and they closed on our receivers quicker than any team I've seen this year. I've got Atkins cleaning up their game this week 35 Bald Knob 21. 

Carljung

I've got the strawberries over the pickles by 3 td's.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 06, 2015, 09:01:09 pm
Atkins played Harding tough and gave the game away with turnovers to Marianna. They took the lead in the game in the 3rd quarter and then had 3 turnovers after that and could not recover. Credit to Marianna, they are fast and they closed on our receivers quicker than any team I've seen this year. I've got Atkins cleaning up their game this week 35 Bald Knob 21. 
Even though Atkins' won-loss record isn't stellar, I think they are one of the top 5 or 6 most improved teams in 3A. from last year.  And they are done with H.A. and Marianna for the year.

BoogieMan27

FNLsupporter

Bald Knob 23
Atkins 6.   Halftime

Redwolves8526

Final score was 48-14 in this game i believe. What happened?

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 14, 2015, 10:25:08 am
Final score was 48-14 in this game i believe. What happened?
43-14.  Honestly, Bald Knob is better than people had anticipated. The defense is pretty solid and Atkins receivers were blanketed all night.  The last 8 points by Atkins was late against 2nd and 3rd team defense. BK offense has progressively gotten better each week and had way too much speed for Atkins. Atkins had some great sportsmanship and great fan support though. Very nice people and a class act team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas