• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A Week 6 (week 3 conference play)

Started by beach bum, October 04, 2015, 07:25:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Greenland 42 Mountain View 6 (Greenland just simply looks a few steps ahead of anybody in the conference and you know they want a perfect 10-0 regular season. They are sound as a team and well coached.)

Green Forest 34 Yellville-Summit 26 (Green Forest looked like they might be playing for a home playoff game after 2 straight wins but quickly slipped up to Cedarville last week. Each team despretly needs this one to have the playoffs be a goal now.)

West Fork 28 Cedarville 20 (The opposite of Green Forest, Cedarville on the other hand was wondering where its wins were going to come until they shocked Green Forest. Now the playoffs actually must seem attainable at Cedarville. West Fork is very sound defensively but is lacking a potent offense this season. West Fork in a close on here)

Elkins 35 Marshall 7 (Elkins appears to be battling with West Fork for the 2 seed this season which would be a good step for their program. Marshall leaves this one waiting yet another week to taste a conference victory.

Greenlndfan

I believe that Greenland is hands down the best in the 1-3A This year. Not really sure how we stack up against the big dogs in 3A but time will tell !!! The defense will be looking for it's 3rd straight shut out this week !! Go Pirates !!!!

Greenlndfan

My picks this week
Greenland 35 Mountain View 0
Yellville Summit 35 Green Forrest 28
West Fork 28 Cedarville 14
Elkins 28  Marshall 21

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Greenlndfan on October 04, 2015, 10:27:13 pm
I believe that Greenland is hands down the best in the 1-3A This year. Not really sure how we stack up against the big dogs in 3A but time will tell !!! The defense will be looking for it's 3rd straight shut out this week !! Go Pirates !!!!

I agree they are looking really good... I watched them play Gentry.  When was the last time Greenland won conference?

Tigerdad2

beach bum

October 05, 2015, 08:50:22 pm #5 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:56:14 pm by beach bum
From my understanding Greenland and Cedarville both "claim" a conference championship in the late 90's because they went undefeated one year after the other in conference play but were the 2 seed in the playoffs because everyone in the conference forfeited to Shiloh during the 98' and 99' season. So really Shiloh won the conference. With West Fork going to 4A  and maybe for a while now it is really an opportunity for either Elkins, Greenland, or Cedarville to step up and start winning conference championships in the next decade because it seems 2 or all 3 of them will be podded with central Arkansas schools for a while the way the AAA is configuring things in 3A and none of those schools have a rich tradition. There really is a big time opportunity there to start establishing some serious winning on a consistent basis.

Bayou Bully

Cedarville is going south with Charsleton, Lamar, etc...stI'll think they should be winning conf championships in the next decade?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on October 05, 2015, 08:44:36 pm

1994 3 way tie-  Pea Ridge, Greenland, Elkins...  Each with one loss... Greenland with a PR loss, Elkins with a Greenland loss and Pea Ridge losing to Elkins... I know the tie-breaker was points and I can't remember how it shook out...

beach bum

October 05, 2015, 09:43:06 pm #8 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:45:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Bayou Bully on October 05, 2015, 09:33:29 pm
Cedarville is going south with Charsleton, Lamar, etc...stI'll think they should be winning conf championships in the next decade?

They will be 3A for a while. They are not in danger of going up to 4A or down to 2A. They will cycle back and forth between the River Valley teams and north Arkansas teams because its in the middle ground between north Arkansas and the River Valley even though Cedarville does fit with the River Valley more the AAA put them with the north Arkansas schools the last 4 years and will again at some point. Relax champ, I am not stupid. I know Cedarville isn't surpassing Charleston as a program anytime soon but when they are in the 1-3A they can compete with those schools. The AAA cycles every 2 years. Its not like the are contracted in conferences. I hope you knew that.

All Bench All the time

Greenland shared the title in 2012 with YS but won head to head and was the 1 seed

beach bum

Week 6 Finals

Greenland 35 Mountain View 0 (Greenland seems to be getting pretty good at pitching shut outs against the fellow 1-3A foes)

Green Forest 34 Yellville Summit 20 (Green Forest gets a big one on the road to get to 2-1 in conference play and one step closer to a playoff spot, a win against Mountain View next week seals a playoff berth for them almost certainly)

Elkins 36 Marshall 14 (this is about what was expected here, Elkins is looking to weeks 8 and 9 against West Fork and Greenland but it appears they better have their guard up for next week for a potential slip up against Cedarville looking to ruin Elkins 3-0 conference start)

West Fork 26 Cedarville 20 (obviously the best game of the night in the 1-3A and Cedarville seems to be playing much better after dropping their first four games. They seemed to give West Fork a scare tonight with this narrow escape)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas