• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a3

Started by Heisman Pose, September 13, 2015, 07:31:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I recognized it in the following post. I'll amend my previous statement to say that in the past 10 years Charleston has as many state championships as the other 47 teams in the 3A combined

HorseFeathers

If you count equivalent...you would think higher classes count as well... it's 5-5 between Charleston and the "field" then...quit acting like a private school poster...your team is 0-2...don't care the excuses because y'all will hammer smackover all year long because of their "excuses"

WPWells

Coltfan2005

I think he's saying posters with 0-2 teams, should not throw footballs at glass press boxes.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 16, 2015, 10:42:55 pm
I think he's saying posters with 0-2 teams, should not throw footballs at glass press boxes.

:o :o

WPWells

If you're already counting Charleston out, just remember who won the last two championships

ISU7

Is this topic 3-3A or what........ 8) 8) ;D

pioneers

Charleston doesn't have a chance at sniffing a title this year. No defense averaging giving up 53.5 points a game so far.

BoogieMan27

That's what I was thinking ISU7. Charleston had their own thread, I do believe.

WPWells

Ask the Rivercrest person who mentioned Charleston

OB11

Personally, I think all of this is pointless until conference play starts.  It's almost impossible to make any sense of how good a team is going to be until they get into playing teams in their own classification every week.

With that being said, back to the 3-3A.....

Does Rivercrest pull out a win on Homecoming over Gosnell?   

State champs 2010

September 17, 2015, 11:38:30 am #61 Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:46:03 am by State champs 2010
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on September 17, 2015, 10:40:10 am
Personally, I think all of this is pointless until conference play starts.  It's almost impossible to make any sense of how good a team is going to be until they get into playing teams in their own classification every week.

defense plays like they did last week and Langston has a good game the colts will come out on top 21-14! I hope so atleast!! Coach also needs to mix up his play calling a little bit it's to predictable. Go colts!!!

Paperman

This week's games

Gosnell at Rivercrest - Colts homecoming, so I give them a narrow win. 20-18.
Osceola at Hazen - Seminoles are no where near the team that gave Charleston a game for 20 minutes last November. Hazen 32-6
Brookland at Manila - Lions get a big win 16-12.
Pocahontas at Corning - Redskins win big 40-8.
Cedar Ridge at Midland - Timberwolves 3-0 anyone? 27-6.
Rector at Piggott - Mohawks roll 30-12.
Hoxie at Cave City - Mustangs win this one 35-7.
Melbourne at Salem - Yawn! Bearkatz 13-8.

These are my guesses anyway.

OB11

Quote from: Paperman on September 17, 2015, 02:47:33 pm
This week's games

Gosnell at Rivercrest - Colts homecoming, so I give them a narrow win. 20-18.
Osceola at Hazen - Seminoles are no where near the team that gave Charleston a game for 20 minutes last November. Hazen 32-6
Brookland at Manila - Lions get a big win 16-12.
Pocahontas at Corning - Redskins win big 40-8.
Cedar Ridge at Midland - Timberwolves 3-0 anyone? 27-6.
Rector at Piggott - Mohawks roll 30-12.
Hoxie at Cave City - Mustangs win this one 35-7.
Melbourne at Salem - Yawn! Bearkatz 13-8.

These are my guesses anyway.

Wow if that game actually turns out like that.  I have not seen Osceola in person or on film but a score like that would surprise me.  Rest of these seem pretty spot on.  Manila over Brookland would be a big win for them rolling into conference. 

Paperman

Seven points scored against 93 given up gives me cause to put much stock in the 'Noles! Just saying!

Bias

Colts over Pirates
Hazen over Noles
Pocahontas over Corning
Cedar Ridge over Midland
Piggott over Rector
Manila over Brookland
Hoxie over Cave City
Salem over Melbourne

redandgray

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on September 17, 2015, 10:40:10 am

I can't pick Rivercrest over Gosnell.  Gosnell looks pretty dang stout and right now I just don't know what Rivercrest will bring.  Defense hasn't looked bad at all...and offense made a big jump from week 1 to week 2.  I'm just hoping the Colts continue their progression and compete well.  I would LOVE to see a win, but it's a tall order...Go Colts! 

bdubyab60

Ill take Rivercrest to win the conference and the rest of the conference will be some pretty even games.

1. Rivercrest-(1-1) They beat paragould and played Earle tougher than most thought. Earle may win the 2A-3 this year and would challenge for the 3A-3 title as well. So not much of a stretch to say Colts could be conference champs.

FROM HERE DOWN ITS ANYONES GUESS- But ill try

2. Osceola- (0-2) Despite being beat down their first 2 games and probably going to 0-3 tonight who has played a tougher starting schedule than the Noles. Probably the Colts. Probably be some tough games but the Noles ususally have the athletes to make a run.

3. Piggott- (2-0) Kinda crazy right. I dont know much about the Missouri team but Marked Tree should be a playoff team out of the 2A-3, while not a great win but it looks to be better than what some of the rest have done.

4. Hoxie- (1-1) Lost to Trumann, scratches head beats West side. Probably a young team after what they have graduated the past 2 years. But Im puttin gthem above my next pick because their win was bigger and their loss smaller.

5. Manila- (1-1) Thats right fellas playoff bound this year. Hoxie and manila share opponents wins and defeats alike. Hoxie just seemed to do it a little better. the next team could have somethin gto say about this.

6. Cedar Ridge- (1-1) They look to be improved. It could be because of who thye played. They should be 3-0 after this week. Im not sure if Brookland is a good win or not though. I do know that Rector and Midland will finish at the bottom of the 2A-3 so if I really had to swap a pick it might be with this one and my next team.

7. Melbourne- (2-0) I dont know much about Melbourne but they have 2 close wins over teams that have losses to a 2A-3 team Salem (possible playoff team) and Cave City who has only scored 12 points so far. But I wouldnt be surprised to see Melbourne climb up a spot or two.

8. Corning- (0-2) They been blown out against 2 2A-3 opponents. Though I think both I think both of those are playoff teams. Walnut Ridge and EPC both should finish from 3-5 in the conference. But I thought the EPC loss could have been worse. but games go the way they go. But if Corning wins a game this year I would be surprised.

bootlegger

rivercrest got beat tonight but they looked better in the second half.Gosnell has one of the best backs i have seen in a while in blackmon,he looked like a man amoung boys.maybe we wont run up against a back like that the rest of the year.but the real season starts next week when they start counting.i believe rivercrest will be ok in conference.

Bias

Colts lost
Noles won
Manila Won
Melbourne Won
What did the rest of the conference do?

pioneers

Quote from: Bias on September 18, 2015, 11:10:16 pm
Colts lost
Noles won
Manila Won
Melbourne Won
What did the rest of the conference do?
Cedar ridge blew out midland
Piggot beat rector by 16
Corning lost by a lot
Hoxie won easily

pioneers

I have a quick rules question.

If you block a field goal/extra point then run into the kicker after you touch it is that a penalty or not? That was like a momentum swing tonight in the brookland Manila game when Manila blocked the extra point then ran into the kicker but got a personal foul called on them.

WPWells

On a tipped ball the kicker is fair game

ISU7

September 18, 2015, 11:21:35 pm #73 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:25:52 pm by ISU7
Blackmon is a solid running back for the Pirates. The Colts defense didn't want any part of tackling him. The left side of the Colts defense is very weak. This is the second game I watched players take themselves out of the play to keep from attempting to make a tackle. Watch the film.

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 18, 2015, 11:21:00 pm
That is what I thought it was but the referees threw a flag on the play.

Bias

Yea we almost gave it away and blew a three score lead. With a lost fumble and an onside kick we have to use that as a lesson on closing games.

bodycounTT

September 19, 2015, 12:54:02 am #76 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:58:59 am by bodycounTT
Quoted in the newspaper: "We should have beat them last year, instead we had to settle for a tie. We feel confident that we will beat them this year, that is why we picked them for our homecoming. We are expecting a big win tonight for our fans." -Head Coach Kelly.

Senior running back Cecil Langston said "I think we can beat them, we are hoping we can play our backups tonight so the fans will see how good our team really is.

Both having to eat that crow now.

bodycounTT

Quote from: bodycounTT on September 19, 2015, 12:54:02 am
Quoted in the newspaper: "We should have beat them last year, instead we had to settle for a tie. We feel confident that we will beat them this year, that is why we picked them for our homecoming. We are expecting a big win tonight for our fans." -Head Coach Kelly.

Senior running back Cecil Langston said "I think we can beat them, we are hoping we can play our backups tonight so the fans will see how good our team really is.

https://twitter.com/ThatWrightGirl_/status/645055586975936512

Just incase no one believed me.

Proud Buckaroo

That's.... Um, That's kind of unprofessional to say.

ISU7

Quote from: bodycounTT on September 19, 2015, 01:01:48 am
Quote from: bodycounTT on September 19, 2015, 12:54:02 am

https://twitter.com/ThatWrightGirl_/status/645055586975936512

Just incase no one believed me.
Not the first coach and player in any league or sports to make a comment like this. If you don't believe you can win why even play........ISU7 09-19-2015. ;D 8)

Paperman

Unless the paper was a school paper, you never refer to the coach by his first name and no decent paper would. Otherwise I agree with ISU7.

Bias

Tied last year and a talented Colts team why would you not think you could win.

Heisman Pose

New update on power rankings
1. Rivercrest
2. Osceola
3. Piggott
4. Hoxie
5. Cedar Ridge
6. Manila
7. Melbourne
8. Corning

pioneers

Quote from: Heisman Pose on September 19, 2015, 03:38:17 pm
New update on power rankings
1. Rivercrest
2. Osceola
3. Piggott
4. Hoxie
5. Cedar Ridge
6. Manila
7. Melbourne
8. Corning
Should get a clearer view on the 4-7 after this week with hoxie and cedar ridge playing and Manila and Melbourne.

Heisman Pose

Plus Piggott at Osceola. Poor Corning with Rivercrest

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 18, 2015, 11:21:00 pm
Tell that to the refs at Ozark last night.
On the Hillbillies first punt of the game, the ball went through the fingers of the punter, and went behind him. He ran back to get it, started running to his right, and the Charleston defender tackled him as he was trying to get off a quick kick.
Charleston flagged for running into the kicker.

biglion1985

I have seen them play a few times this year and I think the lions will surprise some teams but not saying they will beat osceola or rivercrest but should be closer this year just saying

allstatetackle

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 19, 2015, 01:30:10 am
That's.... Um, That's kind of unprofessional to say.

See what you have there....but still don't believe "Coach Kelly" said it.  Plus, winning or losing had nothing do with why Gosnell was the homecoming game.  Check the schedule.

State champs 2010

Coach kelly chandler needs to work on his offensive of line.. They can't even get a play off cause of the d line is in the back field as soon as the ball is snapped!!

Bias

Ranking IMO
1. Rivercrest
2. Osceola
3. Manila
4. Piggott
5. Hoxie
6. Melbourne
7. Cedar Ridge
8. Corning

GHS_08

Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 20, 2015, 12:41:05 pm
Coach kelly chandler needs to work on his offensive of line.. They can't even get a play off cause of the d line is in the back field as soon as the ball is snapped!!

Gosnells dline is probably the best they will see all year.

OB11

Gosnell is the best team Rivercrest will see all year until the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs should they get that far.  The Colts needed to play a team like Gosnell before starting their conference schedule.  This conference just isn't very good.  Hopefully they learned a few things they can take through the rest of the regular season. 

Head Lion

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on September 20, 2015, 06:51:42 pm
Gosnell is the best team Rivercrest will see all year until the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs should they get that far.  The Colts needed to play a team like Gosnell before starting their conference schedule.  This conference just isn't very good.  Hopefully they learned a few things they can take through the rest of the regular season.
spot on

Coltfan2005

Cedar Ridge 3-0
Piggott 3-0
Melbourne 3-0
Hoxie 2-1
Manila 2-1
Osceola 1-2
Rivercrest 1-2
Corning 0-3

Looks a little upside down, but Osceola and Rivercrest had a tough non'conf schedule. Corning played three teams that will most likely be in the playoffs at the end of the year. Still, it is good to see that Cedar Ridge, Piggott, and Manila have improved enough to win those non-conf games they have been losing and (even if the conf is weak) will make the hunt for the playoffs exciting for a change. I look forward to Melbourne/Manila this weekend, as well as Hoxie/Cedar Ridge.

BoogieMan27

State champs 2010

Rivercrest has played 5a Paragould and won. 4a Gosnell that will make a deep run playoff time. And most likely the 2a state champions that we was 2 touchdowns better than.. I believe it will pay off for the colts come playoff time! The Offensive line has got to make a complete turn around!! But conference starts this week and we will see what's in store for the conference this year!! Good luck to everyone!

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 20, 2015, 11:04:11 pm
Cedar Ridge 3-0
Piggott 3-0
Melbourne 3-0
Hoxie 2-1
Manila 2-1
Osceola 1-2
Rivercrest 1-2
Corning 0-3

Looks a little upside down, but Osceola and Rivercrest had a tough non'conf schedule. Corning played three teams that will most likely be in the playoffs at the end of the year. Still, it is good to see that Cedar Ridge, Piggott, and Manila have improved enough to win those non-conf games they have been losing and (even if the conf is weak) will make the hunt for the playoffs exciting for a change. I look forward to Melbourne/Manila this weekend, as well as Hoxie/Cedar Ridge.
I know it does'nt matter , RiverCrest would actually be in front of Osceola by points. RiverCrest has score more points in a loss 25 vs Gosnell  than Osceola  21 has scored all year, plus the Noles have given up 101 pts. in three games..Just a little fun Coltfan... 8)

State champs 2010

Quote from: ISU7 on September 21, 2015, 09:34:39 am
Cedar Ridge 3-0
Piggott 3-0
Melbourne 3-0
Hoxie 2-1
Manila 2-1
Osceola 1-2
Rivercrest 1-2
Corning 0-3

I know it does'nt matter , RiverCrest would actually be in front of Osceola by points. RiverCrest has score more points in a loss 25 vs Gosnell  than Osceola  21 has scored all year, plus the Noles have given up 101 pts. in three games..Just a little fun Coltfan... 8)
ISU when you give up 101 points in 3 games it's hard to say you can compete in any conference!!  ;D

Radiotalker

Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 21, 2015, 09:55:53 am
Cedar Ridge 3-0
Piggott 3-0
Melbourne 3-0
Hoxie 2-1
Manila 2-1
Osceola 1-2
Rivercrest 1-2
Corning 0-3

ISU when you give up 101 points in 3 games it's hard to say you can compete in any conference!!  ;D

sorry, but I have to disagree with your statement.  Charleston has given up 110 and Warren 128......I think they can compete.  In regards to Osceola you might be right.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Radiotalker on September 21, 2015, 11:41:24 am
Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 21, 2015, 09:55:53 am
Cedar Ridge 3-0
Piggott 3-0
Melbourne 3-0
Hoxie 2-1
Manila 2-1
Osceola 1-2
Rivercrest 1-2
Corning 0-3

sorry, but I have to disagree with your statement.  Charleston has given up 110 and Warren 128......I think they can compete.  In regards to Osceola you might be right.
they gunna have to score more than 7 points a game to be successful in this conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas