• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a3

Started by Heisman Pose, September 13, 2015, 07:31:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

State champs 2010

Quote from: State champs 2010 on October 12, 2015, 10:34:20 am
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 12, 2015, 10:06:42 am
Big game between Cedar Ridge and Rivercrest in two weeks  ; :o
ha..
rivercrest was 2 touchdowns better than hoxie.. I truly believe everyone at that game would agree..

Redwolves8526

Well how come you only beat them by 6 if you were two touchdowns better?

Proud Buckaroo

"Insert logical reason here."

OB11

I don't know how many penalty yards Rivercrest gave up, but it was a bunch.  I know they gave up about 60 on one scoring drive by Hoxie.  If Rivercrest doesn't shoot themselves in the foot so much in that one, it may have very well been a different ball game. 

State champs 2010

Same excuse it is with every other game. The refs. Everytime Rivercrest would stop them on 3rd and 4th down they threw a flag. I would love to see how many penitly yards Rivercrest had. Well over 100 I know.. We stopped them 3 times in one drive on 4th down and all 3 times there was a flag thrown for face mask, defensive holding. And the worst out of all of it were the spots they were getting.. It was terrible. But hoxie is a good football team and has a very good qb that kept them in the game along with the flags as well..

State champs 2010

Rivercrest won so I guess it really doesn't matter.. On to next week!

Maximus Decimus Meridius

I wished I could upload the video where the ref marked the receiver down when #11 Brayden Wilson rip the ball out and it went into #44 Mateo Chirineos hands!!

State champs 2010

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 12, 2015, 11:29:02 am
I wished I could upload the video where the ref marked the receiver down when #11 Brayden Wilson rip the ball out and it went into #44 Mateo Chirineos hands!!
i have it!

OB11

From what everyone has seen, does Rivercrest get tested again this year before the playoffs?  I know Osceola is down this year, but I think it's been proven that you can throw out records when those two play.  Just wondering what others may think about this? 

State champs 2010

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on October 12, 2015, 01:47:44 pm
From what everyone has seen, does Rivercrest get tested again this year before the playoffs?  I know Osceola is down this year, but I think it's been proven that you can throw out records when those two play.  Just wondering what others may think about this?
its always a battle when these teams meet!

ISU7

Really, people are starting to act like RiverCrest is the team that has been getting beat year in and year out..hmmmm :-X 8)

Paperman

Quote from: State champs 2010 on October 12, 2015, 11:07:55 am
Same excuse it is with every other game. The refs. Everytime Rivercrest would stop them on 3rd and 4th down they threw a flag. I would love to see how many penitly yards Rivercrest had. Well over 100 I know.. We stopped them 3 times in one drive on 4th down and all 3 times there was a flag thrown for face mask, defensive holding. And the worst out of all of it were the spots they were getting.. It was terrible. But hoxie is a good football team and has a very good qb that kept them in the game along with the flags as well..
Colts had 135 yards in penalties. Crazy number!

State champs 2010

Quote from: Paperman on October 12, 2015, 10:53:59 pm
Quote from: State champs 2010 on October 12, 2015, 11:07:55 am
Colts had 135 yards in penalties. Crazy number!
thanks paperman

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 12, 2015, 10:40:47 am
Well how come you only beat them by 6 if you were two touchdowns better?

That's simple. Watch the film closely when Hoxie had 4th and goal. It was called a touchdown by the official who was out of position but you can clearly see he came down on two feet at once, one of them was on the back-line of the end zone. So, 2 TD's.

Paperman

Receiver never had possession bobbled the ball and contacted the goal post yet was given a touchdown! I hope someone shares the DVDS with the AAA! Wait I forgot, They don't care!

Heisman Pose

Rivercrest by 28
Piggott by 8
Cedar Ridge by 20
Hoxie by 14

State champs 2010

Quote from: Paperman on October 13, 2015, 09:15:22 pm
Receiver never had possession bobbled the ball and contacted the goal post yet was given a touchdown! I hope someone shares the DVDS with the AAA! Wait I forgot, They don't care!
+1

redandgray

I'm taking these teams this week...
Rivercrest
Piggott
Cedar Ridge
Hoxie

Paperman

Not going out on any limbs here redandgray!

redandgray

There are no limbs this week.

ASU123

Been a busy couple of weeks for us still in college taking those midterms  ;D
with that being said, my predictions for the week are as follows:
CEDAR RIDGE over Corning-- Cedar Ridge beating Piggott last week showed us a little bit about themselves, and Piggott, who everyone seemed to be really high on earlier in the season. Im still holding on to my thought that the conference is somewhat shook up this year and all the bottom teams of old are now much improved. Keep improving! it makes the conf. fun!

HOXIE over Osceola-- Hoxie could run away with this one if their defense shows up and plays ball, if not, it could be a long night like last Friday.

RIVERCREST over Manila-- The Colts look to win again this week, Manila has lost 2 in a row. You can't sleep on anyone this week, however Langston should take this one home for the Crest.

PIGGOTT over Melbourne-- both teams are in need of a win for playoff berths and i personally see Piggott pulling out the win on the road, they are much improved this year and Melbourne is down.

I look forward to another good week of football!!

Paperman

Quote from: ASU123 on October 15, 2015, 12:59:48 pm
Been a busy couple of weeks for us still in college taking those midterms  ;D
with that being said, my predictions for the week are as follows:
CEDAR RIDGE over Corning-- Cedar Ridge beating Piggott last week showed us a little bit about themselves, and Piggott, who everyone seemed to be really high on earlier in the season. Im still holding on to my thought that the conference is somewhat shook up this year and all the bottom teams of old are now much improved. Keep improving! it makes the conf. fun!

HOXIE over Osceola-- Hoxie could run away with this one if their defense shows up and plays ball, if not, it could be a long night like last Friday.

RIVERCREST over Manila-- The Colts look to win again this week, Manila has lost 2 in a row. You can't sleep on anyone this week, however Langston should take this one home for the Crest.

PIGGOTT over Melbourne-- both teams are in need of a win for playoff berths and i personally see Piggott pulling out the win on the road, they are much improved this year and Melbourne is down.

I look forward to another good week of football!!

Quote from: redandgray on October 15, 2015, 05:32:55 am
There are no limbs this week.
No limbs indeed!

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest will win out and take the conf. Hoxie will beat Osceola tonight and take second. Looks like Cedar Ridge is ready to take 3rd. Piggott can beat Melbourne, Manila, and Corning and finish no lower than 4th. who's 5th? I'm looking at Osceola with a 3-4 conf record.

OB11

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 16, 2015, 12:37:59 pm
Rivercrest will win out and take the conf. Hoxie will beat Osceola tonight and take second. Looks like Cedar Ridge is ready to take 3rd. Piggott can beat Melbourne, Manila, and Corning and finish no lower than 4th. who's 5th? I'm looking at Osceola with a 3-4 conf record.

Sounds pretty solid. 

Paperman

Well this week didn't play out the way we expected!

The facts:
Osceola is better than we thought gave Hoxie all they could handle but nice overtime win for the Mustangs!
Manila got a signature win biggest in program history with convincing win over Rivercrest. Congrats to the Lions.
Cedar ridge is for real. Another win for the Timberwolves!

Just when you think you have it figured out, this week happened! Stay tuned!

redandgray

Apparently I know nothing.

ISU7

Cedar Ridge will give RC fits next week. The Colts defense gives up too many yards on the ground. Cedar has a good running back.

pioneers

Quote from: ISU7 on October 16, 2015, 10:49:53 pm
Cedar Ridge will give RC fits next week. The Colts defense gives up too many yards on the ground. Cedar has a good running back.
I was talking to a rivercrest fan tonight and told him the same thing. Manila moved the ball on rivercrest defense all night and to me cedar ridge has a better ground game than Manila. I said people are overlooking cedar ridge but if crest d played like they did tonight cedar ridge will run all over them.

ISU7

October 16, 2015, 10:59:52 pm #328 Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:25:07 pm by ISU7
They are definitely missing M.Williams at the other linebacker spot..

redandgray

I agree. Rivercrest's defense is pretty awful.

Heisman Pose

Piggott,Osceola, and Manila fighting for the last two spots in the playoffs. Who gets left out? Should be fun the last three games going to the end. Points will be huge. Manila vs Piggott next week.

ISU7

October 17, 2015, 07:09:44 am #331 Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:48:58 am by ISU7
I guess you were right Redwolves8526...The way I figured it if Cedar, Manila, and Osceola win next week, that could knock the Colts down to at least fourth or fifth because of head to head play. What a difference a week can make. Week 8 will be very important. Somebody help me out...
as of now.   RC   3-1     pts:  32....beat Hoxie
                 Hoxie 3-1         27......beat Cedar
                CR   3-1           28
                Pigg  2-2         14........beat Osceola
               Osc    2-2         20........beat  Manila
               Manila 2-2       18
              Mel   1-3          13
              Corn  0-4          00

pioneers

October 17, 2015, 08:35:54 am #332 Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:40:47 am by pioneers
In a three way tie does it go by head to head or straight points? And Manila has 23 points beat Melbourne by 5 and the 18 point win last night.

ISU7

Head to head I think.

Coltfan2005

3 way tie.....two highest point teams are chosen, then it's head to head. the team that doesn't win that then goes head to head with the 3rd team.

pioneers

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2015, 09:17:21 am
3 way tie.....two highest point teams are chosen, then it's head to head. the team that doesn't win that then goes head to head with the 3rd team.
Thank you for clarifying that.

ISU7

Quote from: pioneers on October 17, 2015, 08:35:54 am
In a three way tie does it go by head to head or straight points? And Manila has 23 points beat Melbourne by 5 and the 18 point win last night.
You only get 13 points max for a win . Any win less then 13pts is add to previous wins, example RiverCrest beat Piggott 42-21, Corning 44-6 =26pts plus beat Hoxie 48-42 =6pts >26+6 =32pts.....Manila beat Melbourne by 5 +13 for beating RiverCrest by 13 or more =18pts. ;) 8)

Redwolves8526

A lot of different scenarios could come into effect in this conference. Haha this could get really confusing!

Head Lion

What are the other 2 matchup this week, besides Crest & CR, Manila & Piggott?

Bias

Osc vs Mel
Hoxie vs Corning

Paperman

Melbourne @ Osceola and Hoxie @ Corning! Must win for Seminoles and the Bearcats! Head Lion nice win for your kids! Now about those Cubs.....

Head Lion

Broke my routine on here, Go Cubs Go

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on October 18, 2015, 08:25:44 pm
Broke my routine on here, Go Cubs Go
UH OH!!!! Cubs in twouble, before anyone say anything about my spelling Im using my Elmer Fudd voice...lol  ;D ;D 8)

Heisman Pose

Rivercrest by 14
Piggott by 6
Hoxie by 42
Osceola by 21

Paperman

Colts edge Cedar Ridge 35-31
Osceola 32. Melbourne 19
Hoxie 42, Corning 6
Piggott 27, Manila 20

Bias

Colts by 7
Noles by 14
Hoxie by a bunch
Manila by 6

Head Lion

Go Cubs Go! Holy Cow, lets get some runs!

Paperman

Good HL! But you have to bud on your breath when you say that!

Proud Buckaroo

If oaceola wins this week. It puts them with 3 conference wins. So...does that put them at 5th spot, and piggot missing the playoffs? Because. Whoever gets 5th. Plays Smackover at home. (As long as they win out in conference. )

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2015, 09:24:13 pm
If oaceola wins this week. It puts them with 3 conference wins. So...does that put them at 5th spot, and piggot missing the playoffs? Because. Whoever gets 5th. Plays Smackover at home. (As long as they win out in conference. )
theres no tellin who it will be in this conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas