• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a3

Started by Heisman Pose, September 13, 2015, 07:31:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

What is the schedule this week for the 3?

pioneers

September 21, 2015, 04:33:13 pm #101 Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:35:35 pm by pioneers
Manila at Melbourne
cedar ridge at hoxie
Piggott at Osceola
Rivercrest at Corning

My picks are
Manila
Hoxie
Piggott
Rivercrest

bdubyab60

Rivercrest by 1 million
I think Hoxie ends CR's undefeated streak
Piggotts streak comes to an end at Osceola
Really need to Manila to win so my 5 seed prediction comes true.

If they lose well that 5 seed may be a little tough to get.

Bias

My picks
Manila
Hoxie
Osceola
Rivercrest

Coltfan2005

I listed them alphabetically and by record. Right now, I don't see a conf favorite.

Coltfan2005

games                        who i want to win       who probably will win

Manila/Melbourne               Manila                Melbourne squeaks by

Hoxie/Cedar Ridge              Hoxie                    Hoxie wakes up

Osceola/Piggott                 Piggott              Piggott's offense is one man,
                                                                  going with Osceola

Rivercrest/Corning             Rivercrest                    Rivercrest

Bias

I hope after this week will start being who you think will win and who you want to win. Good luck this week to the colts and stay injury free.

Paperman

My winners

Osceola beats Piggott by 6
Rivercrest mercy clocks Corning
Hoxie rolls past Cedar Ridge
Melbourne over Manila in a close one

mtindian42

Piggott can beat osceola...just have to play there game to do it tho...

Paperman

Mao doubt in my mind that Piggott can win at Osceola. They just have not shown the ability to really compete in the past. No doubt Coach Harrell will have his kids ready to play but I expect the Seminoles will be ready as well. Hope for another good game.

OB11

Quote from: Paperman on September 21, 2015, 09:45:31 pm
My winners

Osceola beats Piggott by 6
Rivercrest mercy clocks Corning
Hoxie rolls past Cedar Ridge
Melbourne over Manila in a close one

The politically correct term is "sportsmanship clock" haha  ;D

mtindian42

Calpreps piggott 21 osceola 14.

Paperman

Meant to say mercy ruled! I honestly thing 35 points is to few. I have seen teams come back from 35 down without the clock running. When you put the clock in motion, that goes out the window.
Piggott-Osceola should be interesting. Coach Harrell thinks his team is definitely moving the right direction and Osceola is banged up. We will see.

mtindian42

I think piggott could beat them a lot worse myself...osceola can't score the ball...they only scored 14 against a team that is coming apart at the seems...this one could get ugly... In favor of piggott...

Coltfan2005

Their big running back had to sit out most of the game last week because of an asthma attack, but if he stays in the game Piggott can be dangerous.

Paperman

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 22, 2015, 09:50:18 pm
I think piggott could beat them a lot worse myself...osceola can't score the ball...they only scored 14 against a team that is coming apart at the seems...this one could get ugly... In favor of piggott...
Considering the Seminoles had only scored 7 in the first two gamesi'd say 14 was a ster up. Osceola will be short-handed this week so the tide does favor the
Mohawks!

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 21, 2015, 05:32:58 pm
Rivercrest by 1 million

Bdubya the game is at Corning>>> :-X

ISU7

September 23, 2015, 07:38:01 am #117 Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:42:44 am by ISU7
Quote from: mtindian42 on September 22, 2015, 09:50:18 pm
Lol Marked Tree must be a powerhouse team. Since Piggott beat them I guess they can beat anybody Piggott is nowhere near the teams Osceola have played.  Maybe that's one reason they scored so low, Blytheville/Gosnell.....lol..just kidding with you mtindian42.....

State champs 2010

Osceola and piggot will be the game to watch! Cause I don't think it will be much of a game going on in Corning! Langston puts up 200+ yards this week!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: ISU7 on September 23, 2015, 07:22:47 am
Rivercrest by 1 million

Crest by 999,999 then lol.

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 23, 2015, 07:57:19 am
Quote from: ISU7 on September 23, 2015, 07:22:47 am
Rivercrest by 1 million

Crest by 999,999 then lol.
hmmmm, maybe by 9...lol

OB11

Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 23, 2015, 07:49:44 am
Osceola and piggot will be the game to watch! Cause I don't think it will be much of a game going on in Corning! Langston puts up 200+ yards this week!!

I do think this game will tell us a lot about how the conference will shake out.  The Manila/Melbourne game will also be interesting. 

Qhcaoc

Rivercrest should run away with this conference Osceola doesn't have the same animals in the backfield they had last year and may struggle in conference this year. And Rivercrest has a really good group in jr high.

redandgray

We'll see.  Rivercrest is showing signs of life, but I wouldn't be too quick to crown them.  Offense is coming along, defense took a giant step back last week against Gosnell.  I think the potential is there to be a good football team, but until I see it come together on the field....I can't say much.  Go Colts!

mtindian42

I'm saleing a good football team...and yeah them beating us has a little to do with it...but then you got to look at the facts...harrell finally has himself a good football team...and a outstanding back in logan Dixon...

Heisman Pose

Rivercrest by 42
Piggott by 8
Manila by 6
Hoxie by 12

Coltfan2005

Can Piggott beat Osceola? Yes, they can. Will Piggott beat Osceola? I hope so, they have the tools but they have to be mentally prepared. I don't see Osceola holding Piggott to less than 21, can Osceola score 22?

mtindian42

Lol if they had my cousin Kevin Barnes he probly good for 22..oh wait this ain't basketball...

Paperman

I don't really think anyone is going to runaway with the conference crown this season. Osceola has struggled to score. Rivercrest to stop the other team. Piggott has played well but against inferior opponents. Cedar Ridge and Manila much improved. Hoxie seems to be putting it together. Melbourne is 3-0, Only Corning seems to be out of it. Should be an interesting ride.

Coltfan2005

I don't consider Marked Tree an "inferior" team. I also think the Colts defense did a good job holding 5A Paragould and 2A Earle to the points they scored. While the Colts defense has given up 80 points this season, Osceola has given up over 100. Seems osceola is struggling on both sides of the ball.

mtindian42

Lol...it was our coaches 1st game as a hs coach...12-7 going into the 4 th q. Harrell then out coaches the rookie.he is supposed to do that... Harrell did his job...and our coach learned from that... And since that game mt has out scored its opposition 40-16 in the 2nd half...and only getting better...

Missco

Winners
Rivercrest
Hoxie
Manila
Osceola

Paperman

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 23, 2015, 09:28:20 pm
I don't consider Marked Tree an "inferior" team. I also think the Colts defense did a good job holding 5A Paragould and 2A Earle to the points they scored. While the Colts defense has given up 80 points this season, Osceola has given up over 100. Seems osceola is struggling on both sides of the ball.

I think Marked Tree is inferior. While Osceola lost to Blytheville and Gosnell, they were not bludgeoned like the Colts were for 514 yards. the Seminoles have issues but not the internal stuff which could rip Rivercrest apart again this year. We will know more, very soon. Have a great Weekend all!

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on September 23, 2015, 11:59:04 pm

I think Marked Tree is inferior. While Osceola lost to Blytheville and Gosnell, they were not bludgeoned like the Colts were for 514 yards. the Seminoles have issues but not the internal stuff which could rip Rivercrest apart again this year. We will know more, very soon. Have a great Weekend all!

I'm willing to bet the "internal stuff" just don't happen at Rivercrest.  With the way today's parents have their hands and say so all over the the teams, internal issue among the players can and do happen at most schools.  I watched about 8-10 parents walk into the locker room at halftime last week at the Osceola/ Rivercrest Jr. High game. 

State champs 2010

carlos Blackmon played 1 quartor against osceola. He played all 4 against Rivercrest. I think he took 6 snaps against osceola. Sounds like to me Rivercrest was more of a threat in goesnells eyes than the Noles.. And it showed on the score board as well.

mtindian42

The crest is way better this year...

Paperman

Sorry MT but I just don't see ANY team as being that much better than the rest AT THIS TIME.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 24, 2015, 08:30:50 am

carlos Blackmon played 1 quartor against osceola. He played all 4 against Rivercrest. I think he took 6 snaps against osceola. Sounds like to me Rivercrest was more of a threat in goesnells eyes than the Noles.. And it showed on the score board as well.

Geez, they pulled out Blackmon after one qtr with Osceola? They must have felt Osceola was an inferior team.

mtindian42

Lol Osceola calling us inferior? What have you done? Beat Hazen? Oh yeah yall sure are some world beaters...I tell ya...

Paperman

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 24, 2015, 03:36:43 pm
Lol Osceola calling us inferior? What have you done? Beat Hazen? Oh yeah yall sure are some world beaters...I tell ya...
Your team is inferior to Osceola! Since Gosnell beat the Seminoles and Colts badly I would have to say they are inferior to Gosnell! That is obvious!

mtindian42

Lol you got blown out by Gosnell... We would beat the brakes off yall...just like piggott will tomorrow night...

mtindian42

This ain't got nothing to do with Gosnell...this has to do with Osceola...you didn't belong on the same field with Gosnell... We don't ethier...but we would take yall to the woodshed...

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on September 24, 2015, 09:07:47 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on September 24, 2015, 03:36:43 pm
Your team is inferior to Osceola! Since Gosnell beat the Seminoles and Colts badly I would have to say they are inferior to Gosnell! That is obvious!

On what do you base saying Marked Tree is inferior to Osceola? It can't be stats and the two teams haven't played. On level of competition? It can not be proven that Osceola would beat the teams Marked Tree has.

Proud Buckaroo

What is the deal with everyone on here comparing schedules? It's conference now. Every one is 0-0.

Coltfan2005

Some don't like having High School teams referred to as inferior. It starts discussions.

mtindian42

And to even compare yall to the crest is a joke... At least rivercrest scored 24 on them...and 39-24 is not a blowout... But, 49-7 IS...

Paperman

First of all I am not ya'll! I did not attend any school in this state! I would further add any team in this conference in 3a would beat Marked Tree! You have an opinion as do I. Your just happens to be misguided in my opinion! I will address this topic no further!

mtindian42

Lol...all except Osceola...and, you started it...when Osceola can score more then 14 points. Come holler at me... Till then shhh...

State champs 2010

September 25, 2015, 12:22:48 am #148 Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:26:38 am by State champs 2010
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 24, 2015, 02:12:59 pm
Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 24, 2015, 08:30:50 am

Geez, they pulled out Blackmon after one qtr with Osceola? They must have felt Osceola was an inferior team.
gosnell was up 28-0 in the 1st quartor I wouldnt have played him either!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on September 24, 2015, 09:56:17 pm
First of all I am not ya'll! I did not attend any school in this state! I would further add any team in this conference in 3a would beat Marked Tree! You have an opinion as do I. Your just happens to be misguided in my opinion! I will address this topic no further!

That statement was not well thought out. Marked Tree would beat Corning.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas