• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a3

Started by Heisman Pose, September 13, 2015, 07:31:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Heisman Pose

After two weeks only 3 are left unbeaten. Cedar Ridge, Melbourne, and Piggott. Should these programs be taken seriously now. Looks like the pollsters have bombed their predictions in this conference.

Proud Buckaroo

Look at the teams that all three have played though. You cannot really know how well a team is going to do based off the first two weeks of non-conference.

Longfellow

It's not basketball season. I'm not taking cedar ridge seriously

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Heisman Pose on September 06, 2015, 03:33:23 pm
1. Rivercrest
2. Osceola
3. Piggott
4. Manila
5.Cedar Ridge
6. Corning
7. Hoxie
8. Melbourne

Not sure If I should take you seriously..

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 13, 2015, 08:51:44 am
Quote from: Heisman Pose on September 06, 2015, 03:33:23 pm
1. Rivercrest
2. Osceola
3. Piggott
4. Manila
5.Cedar Ridge
6. Corning
7. Hoxie
8. Melbourne

Not sure If I should take you seriously..
Lol exactly..... 8)

mtindian42

Piggott has beat us and portageville yeah there legit...

Heisman Pose

Update on my power rankings
1. Rivercrest ??? Than last year
2. Piggott better than last year
3. Cedar Ridge better than last year
4. Hoxie weaker than last year
5. Manila better than last year
6. Osceola weaker than last year
7. Melbourne ???? Than last year
8. Corning alot weaker than last year

State champs 2010

Quote from: Heisman Pose on September 13, 2015, 08:12:18 pm
1 and 8 might be true. But I seriously don't see it ending up like that.

Heisman Pose

Good to debate. Put your rankings on here and we can see what it is like. Easy to tear down ones picks without posting own opinions .

pioneers

Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 13, 2015, 08:18:14 pm
Quote from: Heisman Pose on September 13, 2015, 08:12:18 pm
1 and 8 might be true. But I seriously don't see it ending up like that.
I think a better way to put it would be 1 and 8 are very likely and 2-7 is going to be a toss up I see a lot of equally matched teams.

Skip Baymore

September 14, 2015, 01:01:22 am #10 Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:25:24 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Heisman Pose on September 13, 2015, 07:31:16 am
After two weeks only 3 are left unbeaten. Cedar Ridge, Melbourne, and Piggott. Should these programs be taken seriously now. Looks like the pollsters have bombed their predictions in this conference.
How would you rank the conference from top to bottom?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Skip Baymore on September 14, 2015, 01:01:22 am

He did. A few posts up.

OB11

I cannot believe I'm actually about to say this.......

Manila and Piggott have a good shot at making the playoffs this year.

The 3-3A is in transition.  Rivercrest I believe is the best team in this conference as it stands right now.  Osceola will make the playoffs (if they don't we may all want to prepare ourselves and make things right with the Lord).  I just can't see them not being in the top 5.  Piggott looks like they will be in the top half of the 3 as well.  After those 3 it gets harder to judge.  Manila, Melbourne, Hoxie, and Cedar Ridge will fight for the remaining playoff spots leaving Corning out. 

My ranking right now
1. Rivercrest
2. Osceola
3. Piggott
4. Manila
5. Melbourne
6. Hoxie
7. Cedar Ridge
8. Corning

Paperman

It is obvious that Corning, Osceola, Hoxie and Melbourne are all not nearly as strong as last season. Cedar Ridge and Piggott have shown to be tougher in large part due to solid sophomore classes. Rivercrest is much better on defense, but its offense is a work in progress. Manila is very much improved but still has a ways to go.
I don't think Cedar Ridge or Piggott will remain unbeaten once conference play begins. I would say this conference is down this season after two weeks of sampling. But the same can be said for our friends down south.
Anytime you get a bunch of 15-18 year olds together to play football you never can be sure of just what you might get.
I think we should all stay in our vehicles and not jump at least for a few more weeks.

OB11

Quote from: Paperman on September 14, 2015, 10:37:22 am
It is obvious that Corning, Osceola, Hoxie and Melbourne are all not nearly as strong as last season. Cedar Ridge and Piggott have shown to be tougher in large part due to solid sophomore classes. Rivercrest is much better on defense, but its offense is a work in progress. Manila is very much improved but still has a ways to go.
I don't think Cedar Ridge or Piggott will remain unbeaten once conference play begins. I would say this conference is down this season after two weeks of sampling. But the same can be said for our friends down south.
Anytime you get a bunch of 15-18 year olds together to play football you never can be sure of just what you might get.
I think we should all stay in our vehicles and not jump at least for a few more weeks.

Agreed.  It's hard to put teams in any kind of order before conference play starts.  But, it is fun talking about some teams being competitive that haven't been there in a while.  This will be a very interesting year in the 3-3A.  The conference as a whole is down this year, but should still be some fun games. 

ISU7

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on September 14, 2015, 10:31:54 am
I cannot believe I'm actually about to say this.......

Manila and Piggott have a good shot at making the playoffs this year.

The 3-3A is in transition.  Rivercrest I believe is the best team in this conference as it stands right now.  Osceola will make the playoffs (if they don't we may all want to prepare ourselves and make things right with the Lord).  I just can't see them not being in the top 5.  Piggott looks like they will be in the top half of the 3 as well.  After those 3 it gets harder to judge.  Manila, Melbourne, Hoxie, and Cedar Ridge will fight for the remaining playoff spots leaving Corning out. 

My ranking right now
1. Rivercrest
2. Osceola
3. Piggott
4. Manila
5. Melbourne
6. Hoxie
7. Cedar Ridge
8. Corning
Cedar Ridge and Piggott will beat Manila, Piggott will surprise a few teams at Piggott .... 8)

State champs 2010

Rivercrest has scored 5 times. 4 passing 1 rushing. With Langston back this week hopefully we can even it out a little bit and get some help from the running game! Cause it seems all we can do to move the ball down field is pass! O line needs to step it up this week and give Langston some room to work! Go colts!!!

Paperman

Colts will have to block better to run although I think they had better numbers against Earle than against Paragould. Williams and B. Wilson had solid games without Langston being able to play. The secret for RHS is to play as a team, eliminate distractions of every kind (not what you need on homecoming week), and continue to attack the ball on defense. The Colts running game will come together and I hope Langston has a huge season, along with the rest of the team. As Oliver Boy said, it is tough to know what is going to happen prior to conference play. The real season begins Sept. 26.

Coltfan2005

I think after this week Piggott, melbourne, and cedar Ridge will all still be unbeaten. This week that has a lot to do with who they are playing, not how much they have improved. (Melbourne hasn't and might slip up with salem) Cedar Ridge has improved as has Piggott. Neither will beat Rivercrest this year but one or both could knock off Hoxie. Osceola might be out of reach for the two but the rest of the conf should lose to these two teams. Rivercrest will beat Gosnell this week no matter what the experts say. Osceola and Corning will both lose their third game in a row. Manila and Hoxie should win this weekend.

Skip Baymore

September 14, 2015, 11:52:40 pm #19 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:10:04 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 14, 2015, 03:17:49 am
Quote from: Skip Baymore on September 14, 2015, 01:01:22 am

He did. A few posts up.
Tks, PB.

Heisman Pose

As far as nonconference goes,only three teams have a tough schedule: Osceola, Rivercrest, and Corning. I believe the conference will struggle come playoff time.

Paperman

Quote from: Heisman Pose on September 15, 2015, 02:27:28 am
As far as nonconference goes,only three teams have a tough schedule: Osceola, Rivercrest, and Corning. I believe the conference will struggle come playoff time.

I could not agree more. There is probably only one weaker conference in 3a. The 1 is the weakest but not by much!

OB11

I think Rivercrest wins a game, maybe two in the playoffs.  Only reasoning is they would be playing at home (should they win the conference).  It's not fun coming to the Cotton Patch for a number of reasons.  Osceola has a chance to win a game or two as well.  What they did in the playoffs last year was impressive so they may be able to build on that success.  No one else in this conference has a chance at a playoff win in my opinion. 

Longfellow

I'll take Osceola farther in the playoffs than rivercrest

Paperman

Quote from: Longfellow on September 15, 2015, 10:57:50 am
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on September 15, 2015, 10:46:49 am
I think Rivercrest wins a game, maybe two in the playoffs.  Only reasoning is they would be playing at home (should they win the conference).  It's not fun coming to the Cotton Patch for a number of reasons.  Osceola has a chance to win a game or two as well.  What they did in the playoffs last year was impressive so they may be able to build on that success.  No one else in this conference has a chance at a playoff win in my opinion. 
I don't know at this point. We really don't know how it is going to shake out. I wish both the Colts and Seminoles great success. We will know a lot more about things in about 4 weeks.

redandgray

179 of Rivercrest's 300 yards of offense was on the ground against Earle.  A ton of improvement between week 1 and week 2.  I expect Gosnell to win Friday night, but hope to see the Colts keep making improvements. 

ISU7

Maybe the road trip... ;D 8)

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on September 15, 2015, 12:18:51 pm
Maybe the road trip... ;D 8)
Hope both our county rivals go a lonnnggggg way in playoffs and don't pick up a roundball until say December. ;D ;D

Heisman Pose

Really wouldn't surprise me if 4 of the 5 playoff teams from this conference goes one and done

redandgray

Wouldn't surprise me either

Head Lion

Just by looking at scores across the state, believe the 3A is down all across the state. I look and thing any of 10-12 teams could take the title with the Colts and Seminoles being on that list.

OB11

There is a lot more parity in the 3A this year than in years past in my opinion.  No clear favorite but a bunch of teams that could compete.  2A is in the same boat this year.  Makes for a much more interesting season. 

redandgray

Quote from: Head Lion on September 16, 2015, 01:26:26 pm
Just by looking at scores across the state, believe the 3A is down all across the state. I look and thing any of 10-12 teams could take the title with the Colts and Seminoles being on that list.
I agree on the parity across 3A.  I wouldn't put the Colts on any list that talks about a title right now.  Will have to see how they progress through the season. 

State champs 2010

Quote from: redandgray on September 16, 2015, 02:54:49 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on September 16, 2015, 01:26:26 pm
I agree on the parity across 3A.  I wouldn't put the Colts on any list that talks about a title right now.  Will have to see how they progress through the season.
you really don't know what might happen until it happens!

WPWells

No one in the 3A-3 will sniff a title this year. No offense, but no one is good enough this year, even in a down year for the 3A

redandgray

BoogieMan27

I'm kinda glad that there isn't a clear favorite to win it. This more or less levels the playing field. We will see who the best coached teams are and who has the dark horse talent. The same ole same ole gets boring.

Heisman Pose

Unless you are the same ole same ole. Lol

Coltfan2005

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 16, 2015, 03:41:21 pm
No one in the 3A-3 will sniff a title this year. No offense, but no one is good enough this year, even in a down year for the 3A

Looks like Charleston took their last sniff for awhile too.

WPWells

Keep thinking that. I'll just remember that we've won 5 out of the past 10 championships which is more than all other teams in the 3A combined

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 16, 2015, 08:28:44 pm
Keep thinking that. I'll just remember that we've won 5 out of the past 10 championships which is more than all other teams in the 3A combined
actually it is tied with all other 3A teams combined. 10 subtracted by 5 is 5. Still a good run just not more than all 3A combined.

WPWells

Wrong. Fountain Lake and Shiloh Christian are both 4A. Charleston has 5. The rest of the 3A has 3 combined

WPWells

I guess if we get technical, Jessieville and Booneville both have state championships in the past ten years in different classes

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 16, 2015, 09:35:22 pm
Wrong. Fountain Lake and Shiloh Christian are both 4A. Charleston has 5. The rest of the 3A has 3 combined
Was all of charlestons state championships in 3A?

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 16, 2015, 09:48:06 pm
I guess if we get technical, Jessieville and Booneville both have state championships in the past ten years in different classes
And one of charleston is from a different classification as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 16, 2015, 09:35:22 pm

Charleston only has 4 3a state titles...but who's counting right?

Proud Buckaroo

One of those 5 was won in 2A.

WPWells

3A or the equivalent. A lot of teams the year Charleston won the 2A are in 3A now

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 16, 2015, 09:55:03 pm
3A or the equivalent. A lot of teams the year Charleston won the 2A are in 3A now

Still a smallest class title....and you discounted jessievilles title as a different class...

Proud Buckaroo

We're talking 3A titles. Won in 3A. Charleston has 4 in 3A in the last ten years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas