• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine vs Carlisle

Started by rattlerfan24, November 02, 2018, 11:26:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rattlerfan24

This will be Carlisle's third playoff trip to Magazine.

Dont know much about them this year.

Thoughts?

DnA Prostaff

hornetfan8

Carlisle seems to be playing better ball of late. Wouldnt be surprised if they win.

Big Dave

We are hit and miss. Played a great 1st qtr against Earl and the net them throw it around on us in the 2nd and 3rd. Then came back and played better in the 4th. I think this one is up in the air but I'm pulling for the Bison by 8.

Ventman

Can the rattlers defend the run?

hornetfan8

Quote from: Big Dave on November 05, 2018, 02:13:38 pm
We are hit and miss. Played a great 1st qtr against Earl and the net them throw it around on us in the 2nd and 3rd. Then came back and played better in the 4th. I think this one is up in the air but I'm pulling for the Bison by 8.
negative punts tend to lead to downward trends  ;D

RATTLER43

Quote from: Ventman on November 05, 2018, 02:32:04 pm

Depends on who is running...
We stopped Mt. Ida in the first half but got worn out by Ida in the second half.
We stopped Hector's run game.
We stopped Hackett's run game.
Mtburg put some running yards on us but only after hitting some big passes to loosen things up. Once they got it rolling, they ran well on us.
For some reason, Lavaca ran extremely well on us.

So, there it is.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Ventman on November 05, 2018, 02:32:04 pm
great against the run.  Hit or miss against pass.  Mostly miss

Sonofasonofasailor

Carlisle got better as the year progressed, especially after the coaches realized the spread offense was killing them and went back to the tried and true run game.  However, their four wins were against teams that won a combined seven games so they've struggled against decent/good teams.     

Ventman

Stop the run and Mag wins, you dont the Bison will grind you into the ground.

alaskanstorm

November 05, 2018, 08:01:35 pm #10 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:28:33 pm by alaskanstorm
Vent don't pay any attention to 24 or 43, they are just trying to throw you off with misinformation.  The rattlers are horrible against the run especially up the middle but their pass defense is shut down coverage, especially their safeties.  If you throw in their direction, there's a good chance it's a pick six in the opposite direction.

Redzone

What type of offense do these teams run?

alaskanstorm

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Carlisle RAN the spread. ☺☺

Hasbeen92

Seems like these teams were headed in different directions at end year vs beginning I remember them having 1 or 2 good playoff games recently though I'll go with Carlisle in close one (Magazine has cool mascot)

rattlerfan24

Finally!! Tomorrow is gameday!!

MomaLion

Prouddragondad

This should be one of the better 1st round games. I'll be rooting for Rattlers and hoping they can get a win for the 4-2A conference. I just think playing at home and having the crowd behind you will help the Rattlers to pull it out on the 4th quarter. Magazine wins by 6. Go Rattlers!

RATTLER43

Fang 'em hard, Rattlers!  Let's go Rattlers .....

BrianfromCarlisle

KingSnake

Brian do you or did you happen to hunt at the Beech Creek Hunting Club in Hermitage?

KingSnake

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 09, 2018, 10:41:10 am
This should be one of the better 1st round games. I'll be rooting for Rattlers and hoping they can get a win for the 4-2A conference. I just think playing at home and having the crowd behind you will help the Rattlers to pull it out on the 4th quarter. Magazine wins by 6. Go Rattlers!

Good luck to the Dragons tonight!!!  You guys have had a great season, so keep it rolling!!!

BrianfromCarlisle

RATTLER43

Come on folks, it's almost game time!

rattlerfan24

RATTLER43

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas