• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

I'm ready for some global warming.

True Believer

bleudog

February 11, 2014, 07:01:20 pm #1552 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:16:58 pm by bleudog
OK, this ice crap finally showed up in L A (lower Arkansas). 

Looking forward to the upper 60s (maybe, fingers crossed, lower 70s) this weekend and watching a little Bulldawg baseball in Ruston.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on February 11, 2014, 10:18:07 am
So right, seems they can't predict it until after it happens!

Makes you wonder why some so fervently believe they can predict it years out.

AirWarren

Quote from: bleudog on February 11, 2014, 07:01:20 pm

Looking forward to the upper 60s (maybe, fingers crossed, lower 70s) this weekend and watching a little Bulldawg baseball in Ruston.

My mom said it's snowing and icing in Warren.

HorseFeathers

Seeing on Facebook that El Dorado is getting snow...and has been for a while tonight...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: AirWarren on February 11, 2014, 08:53:44 pm

My mom said it's snowing and icing in Warren.

All those pines.  Ouch.

I've got a guy coming Friday with a pole saw.

bleudog

February 11, 2014, 09:04:37 pm #1557 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:06:43 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on February 11, 2014, 09:04:35 pm
Seeing on Facebook that El Dorado is getting snow...and has been for a while tonight...

Snow, sleet, freezing rain take your pick.  Supposed to stop whatever it is before sunrise and, if the weather people know what they're talking about, be over freezing by around 11 or 12 Wednesday morning.

Valleysports

Y'all better clear me a landing spot - I'll be in the sky all night..  Artic to Little Rock.

Ridge Rat

Man, we still have snow covering everything in Searcy County. Been over a week now. I look at it this way, better ya'll than us.

DogsWin7

fun ain't it?  :(   

Good News.....about the temps for this weekend!  Let's pray they got this forecast right!   I need sunshine! 

Texarkana_Piggie

at this time yesterday it was snowing.  now it's almost 50 and tomorrow almost 60.  love south arkansas.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on February 12, 2014, 06:17:36 pm
at this time yesterday it was snowing.  now it's almost 50 and tomorrow almost 60.  love south arkansas.

Arkansas where the forecasts are made up and the seasons don't matter...lol....It's A balmy 33 degrees here in Hector tonight..

Breitontime

If the forecast holds true, I'll be breaking in a new bike this weekend in a short sleeve tee.

DogsWin7

It looks like you may get your wish!    It was warmer today....the sunshine is so nice.

Breitontime

I've been cruising around today in no jacket, no helmet, and my ears aren't cold. It's wonderful.

Texarkana_Piggie

gorgeous day!  beautiful weather!  ok....i'm ready for spring now.

Go Postal

Rained earlier, maybe it will melt snow/ice on the North side of house (front of the house, I have a 3 story) above freezing, then very windy today with the North Wind blowing cold.  Still have some snow/ice in front.  Maybe this weekend will clean it up. 

Three day weekend for me ;D

Breitontime

It is beautiful today. Put about 150 miles in on a fresh motorcycle build this morning. She is purring like a kitten.

True Believer

Drove to the lake this weekend.  Snow still on the road but by this afternoon (Sunday) it was gone.  Just still on the sides.  Got out in the yard and raked leaves and got the weedeater out.   It was just a perfect weekend.  No compliants at all!

DogsWin7

I agree TB, Bre, and TP!   

The weather was amazing!   I so love the sunshine...it re-energizes me. 

I enjoyed a good run this weekend.   I stayed outside almost all of it...and loved every minute of it....I hope it stays like this for awhile.   :)

I'm ready for Spring Break! 

Breitontime

I don't really get a spring break, per-se, but, I do have ten days in Daytona for Bike Week, then another week down beginning of May.

AirWarren

Heading to the carribean this week. Then to San Antonio for a few.

Next scheduled trip: Fort Morgan, AL.

Breitontime

What part of the Caribbean you heading to, AW?

Valleysports

Breitontime

February 17, 2014, 07:13:36 pm #1575 Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:43:52 pm by Breitontime
I was when you posted that. I just left.

Made a pit stop at Phil Wright and rolled away with a new shop truck.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Breitontime on February 17, 2014, 07:56:34 am
I don't really get a spring break, per-se, but, I do have ten days in Daytona for Bike Week, then another week down beginning of May.
That would be nice....as long as the weather is good.    It seems like most spring breaks anymore it rains or is ice cold.   

A chance of snow on Monday??   Did I see that right?    NOOOOOO!!! :(

Breitontime

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 17, 2014, 07:17:29 pm
Quote from: Breitontime on February 17, 2014, 07:56:34 am
That would be nice....as long as the weather is good.    It seems like most spring breaks anymore it rains or is ice cold.   

A chance of snow on Monday??   Did I see that right?    NOOOOOO!!! :(
A friend and I just booked a condo for right after Bike Week for a few days, I hope it isn't cold. I want to meet lots of scandily clad vacationers.

AirWarren

Quote from: Breitontime on February 17, 2014, 02:06:44 pm
What part of the Caribbean you heading to, AW?

Cozumel and Jamaica mon.

Valleysports

Carnival or Carribean?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Valleysports on February 17, 2014, 11:47:34 pm
Carnival or Carribean?
you couldn't melt me down and pour me on a cruise ship right now

DogsWin7

Why not?

I wouldn't go on a cruise ship either...I'd have to fly(which I haven't done either) but I'd love to be laying on the beach somewhere....by myself or just almost....I'd need a private island. 

Today is supposed to be another pretty day!   Get out and enjoy the sunshine :)

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 09:30:33 am
Why not?

I wouldn't go on a cruise ship either...I'd have to fly(which I haven't done either) but I'd love to be laying on the beach somewhere....by myself or just almost....I'd need a private island. 

Today is supposed to be another pretty day!   Get out and enjoy the sunshine :)
I don't want to be stranded out on the ocean for days! It seams as of late that it occurs more often

Breitontime

A person was killed, and another like 80 were injured on one last week.

Me, I fly. A few hours, rather than day on a boat. Gives me more time to play at my destination.

AirWarren

Valleysports

80 people were killed driving last week.  I never wanted to go on a cruise, but the family made me, a few years back.  I enjoyed 7 days of sun on the ocean, buffet bar, swimming pools, outdoor theater, family doing their thing while I did mine, spending the day on different islands, watching the ocean go by outside my room.  Of course the family absolutely loved it.  With that said, I'm more of a fly to a destination and stay in an all inclusive type guy.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Valleysports on February 18, 2014, 11:00:27 am
80 people were killed driving last week.  I never wanted to go on a cruise, but the family made me, a few years back.  I enjoyed 7 days of sun on the ocean, buffet bar, swimming pools, outdoor theater, family doing their thing while I did mine, spending the day on different islands, watching the ocean go by outside my room.  Of course the family absolutely loved it.  With that said, I'm more of a fly to a destination and stay in an all inclusive type guy.
winner winner chicken dinner. me too

Lions84

Crazy weather it is now 70 degrees plus highs for this week in Feb down here in DFW.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 18, 2014, 09:27:02 am
Carnival or Carribean?

Norovirus, isn't it?

AirWarren

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 18, 2014, 02:15:31 pm
Carnival or Carribean?

Norovirus, isn't it?

You can get the "norovirus" aka stomach virus from walking around in Walmart, going to church, etc.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: AirWarren on February 18, 2014, 02:33:54 pm
Carnival or Carribean?

Norovirus, isn't it?

You can get the "norovirus" aka stomach virus from walking around in Walmart, going to church, etc.

True, but in close quarters such as a ship, it can spread.  Why does it seem to hang around cruise ships anyway. 

I'm sure you have, but have you ever heard of something called C-Diff?  A nurse today was telling me about it; something on the level of MRSA and how it's a big issue in hospitals that the public doesn't know that much about.

AirWarren

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 18, 2014, 10:54:36 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on February 18, 2014, 02:33:54 pm
Carnival or Carribean?

Norovirus, isn't it?

True, but in close quarters such as a ship, it can spread.  Why does it seem to hang around cruise ships anyway. 

I'm sure you have, but have you ever heard of something called C-Diff?  A nurse today was telling me about it; something on the level of MRSA and how it's a big issue in hospitals that the public doesn't know that much about.
It doesn't specifically spread on a cruise ship or originate on it. Someone that has it and gets on the ship or a worker on the ship has it and spreads like wildfire. It's like at a home. One person gets it, it runs through the family like nasty nate wanted to run through kenny on half baked!

C-diff is disgusting. You can walk onto a unit and smell it. The "product" has a distinct odor. It is highly contageous and I always hated taking care of patients who had it. You have to gown and glove for constant contact with them. Patient is usually on contact precautions.

AirWarren

Uncle Ivan

Basically it's Montezuma's Revenge on steroids.  Fantastic.  "Stool transplants" as a cure?  How horrible.

I saw masks being worn all over the place at UAMS today.  Not those regular ones either

but these instead:

Thought I was in an Asian airport for a bit.

AirWarren

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 18, 2014, 11:33:30 pm
Basically it's Montezuma's Revenge on steroids.  Fantastic.  "Stool transplants" as a cure?  How horrible.

I saw masks being worn all over the place at UAMS today.  Not those regular ones either

but these instead:

Thought I was in an Asian airport for a bit.

With it being Flu season, you will see those masks everywhere.

When I work in the ER, I wear a mask all night long. Don't care if I am seeing a respiratory infection or Knee scrape. I don't want to bring none of that mess home. Heck I had a Upper respiratory infection and was terrified of the flu. That stuff is doing some damaging stuff to people our age. I could tell people some HORROR stories from what I have seen this year.

Funny thing is, I am pocketing a whole bunch of the masks tonight for the wife and I for the cruise ship for precautions HA

DogsWin7

I have to say you both pretty well clinched the deal that I won't be going on a cruise ship!   I worry enough now.  Geez. 

AirWarren

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 11:40:50 pm
I have to say you both pretty well clinched the deal that I won't be going on a cruise ship!   I worry enough now.  Geez. 

Like I said, you can get many many more worse things walking around Walmart. TRUST me.

DogsWin7

February 18, 2014, 11:48:31 pm #1597 Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:51:40 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: AirWarren on February 18, 2014, 11:42:05 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 11:40:50 pm

Like I said, you can get many many more worse things walking around Walmart. TRUST me.

Oh I believe you!

I limit my trips to that joint to about twice a month.   I'm the germ-x queen!   

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 11:48:31 pm

I limit my trips to that joint to about twice a month.   I'm the germ-x queen!   

It doesn't help if you watch this movie.

Turn you into a full-blown germophobe.

AirWarren

That is legit stuff too!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas