• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 06, 2014, 02:12:02 am
Ice coating all the power lines here, thankfully no transmission lines down from what I've heard.

Been without power going on three days now.  Lots of tap lines down.
Hope they restore power soon.   I can handle snow if I have too but I really despise ice.   

I need to buy a generator or put in a fireplace.   My papaw would have my hide knowing I bought a house without some type of heat other than electric! 

Breitontime

I would too. Great organization, great fans, great city. One of the best young QB's in the league, the best D in the league.

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 06, 2014, 04:18:30 am
Ice coating all the power lines here, thankfully no transmission lines down from what I've heard.

Hope they restore power soon.   I can handle snow if I have too but I really despise ice.   

I need to buy a generator or put in a fireplace.   My papaw would have my hide knowing I bought a house without some type of heat other than electric!
youre up awful early. too cold to sleep. lol

Breitontime

This weather is royally screwing up parts deliveries.

HorseFeathers

snowing in Hector...woo....ugh

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 06, 2014, 08:30:06 am

youre up awful early. too cold to sleep. lol
I have a lot on my mind.   That's all.   Sometimes it's nice to get on here and just read.    I guess, I'm either a night owl or an early bird.   Take your pick.  :)

I'm under a weather advisory.....hmmmm. How nice!  :(

Uncle Ivan

Power came back on last night. 

Valleysports

Have I ever mentioned putting cardboard in front of your radiator?  Arkansas folks would be embarrassed, but if you have trouble with the air temp, inside car, warming up or staying warm when you're driving try it.  Just bungy a piece of cardboard or something to block the wind off the radiator.  Don't leave it when the weather is warmer - 40 degs.  Don't want to overheat your engine.

House Windows - if you have cold air leaking through your windows or they're just not insulated enough, you can put cellophane over them.  Just slap it over the whole window, trim to trim...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on February 07, 2014, 06:49:10 pm
Have I ever mentioned putting cardboard in front of your radiator?  Arkansas folks would be embarrassed, but if you have trouble with the air temp, inside car, warming up or staying warm when you're driving try it.  Just bungy a piece of cardboard or something to block the wind off the radiator.  Don't leave it when the weather is warmer - 40 degs.  Don't want to overheat your engine.

House Windows - if you have cold air leaking through your windows or they're just not insulated enough, you can put cellophane over them.  Just slap it over the whole window, trim to trim...

We used to vysquine(sp?) our windows....parents are from Missouri though...They've stopped doing it since they are in a better insulated house....

AirWarren

February 07, 2014, 09:13:28 pm #1509 Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:15:51 pm by AirWarren
I430 bridge over the Arkansas River is now shut down and it looks like a parking lot from what I am hearing. Snow is covering the parking lots and roads around ACH. Glad I brought the jeep tonight. Getting close to 4 inches at our house.

Monticello/Warren is also getting it too. It took my folks a while to get home from Fordyce to Warren this evening from the roads being bad.

Wish I was HOME! ha.

Texarkana_Piggie

SNOW!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

DogsWin7

Lol!   I'm glad you like snow....TP.....I'll give you mine! :)  I have a LOT OF SNOW!    I hope it will melt soon!!!   

Maybe I can go sledding and take pics.....hot chocolate kinda day:)

True Believer

I think we might have gotten an inch or maybe half an inch.

But this I can drive on.

Breitontime

Meh', I hate snow. Guess I'll lock myself in my shop all day and knock out some work on my bike.

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on February 08, 2014, 08:06:59 am

But this I can drive on.

...but the larger question is....can the OTHER person drive on it?

Stay safe TB!

HorseFeathers

Judging by facebook i might be the only person that can drive on it in hector . . . . Not sure why somebody would think you need chains for 3/4 of an inch of snow?

AirWarren

People are ignorant. I saw more cars in the ditch this am and I don't understand how. Other than poor ignorance. I made it home just fine from LR to Benton.

cuckoobird

Back in my younger days when i had my first truck , i actually had to put a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator because i had removed the thermostat when it went out. Only way to make the thing heat up was to block the air from the radiator

Breitontime

Due to the sucky weather. I've been at the shop all day. Building a custom bracket to mount this swingarm too. It's a wee bit wider than the inner width of the frame.

This thing is going to be pure sex when it's finished in a couple weeks.

Kazimierz

Quote from: AirWarren on February 08, 2014, 02:08:15 pm
People are ignorant. I saw more cars in the ditch this am and I don't understand how. Other than poor ignorance. I made it home just fine from LR to Benton.

I heard this was the case. I cannot imagine abandoning your car and walking ... when there is just 1-3 inches of snow.  Go slow and get through it.

ricepig

Quote from: Kazimierz on February 08, 2014, 06:23:36 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on February 08, 2014, 02:08:15 pm

I heard this was the case. I cannot imagine abandoning your car and walking ... when there is just 1-3 inches of snow.  Go slow and get through it.

Yeah, and now when they returned to pick it up, the city had towed it and they will owe $150 or more.

True Believer

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 08, 2014, 08:34:37 am
Quote from: True Believer on February 08, 2014, 08:06:59 am

But this I can drive on.

...but the larger question is....can the OTHER person drive on it?

Stay safe TB!

We have had mostly ice this winter.  So the snow was welcome!!

No sadly 700, I have to say most still can't.  Our roads were pretty clear by noon. 

Breitontime

This was straight powder. Great for sledding when it gets packed down. 

Hoghead

Sad situation on I-30 at the Red River Bridge in Fulton (Hempstead County). A car lost control on the bridge and hit the concreate barrier. As the 3 passengers got out of their car a 18 wheeler jack knifed on the bridge. They inturn jumped into the river to miss getting hit by the 18 wheeler. Two of the made it out of the river, the third victim has not been found. Sad situation. Prayers to all involved. The trucker and others are doing ok. SW Arkansas is looking at another blast of bad weather Tuesday.

DogsWin7

That's so sad.   Prayers to them.

More weather on the way for tomorrow it seems.   Everyone please be careful and stay safe.   

HorseFeathers

Don't understand the whole en mass can't drive on snow thing....I drove into work yesterday(22 mile drive one way...) Never seen the yellow line...or white lines for the first 18 miles...only slipped once when teh moron in front of me insisted on riding his brakes and slamming on them before a curve....thankfully he turned off after that...

DogsWin7

I think they should require you to drive on snow and ice before issuing a drivers license in some counties....Geez!     Crazy drivers flying down hills.   

Valleysports

February 09, 2014, 05:38:59 pm #1527 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:03:11 am by Valleysports
 ;)

True Believer

Quote from: Hoghead on February 09, 2014, 03:11:33 am
Sad situation on I-30 at the Red River Bridge in Fulton (Hempstead County). A car lost control on the bridge and hit the concreate barrier. As the 3 passengers got out of their car a 18 wheeler jack knifed on the bridge. They inturn jumped into the river to miss getting hit by the 18 wheeler. Two of the made it out of the river, the third victim has not been found. Sad situation. Prayers to all involved. The trucker and others are doing ok. SW Arkansas is looking at another blast of bad weather Tuesday.

Saw this on the news.  Prayers for all.  So very horrible!

Be safe out there.  I think it might be south of us this time.  Please on please!!!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 09, 2014, 04:56:29 pm
I think they should require you to drive on snow and ice before issuing a drivers license in some counties....Geez!     Crazy drivers flying down hills.   

They should require that and a basic IQ test before every driver's license renewal.

It'd weed out most bad drivers and 90% of women.

Valleysports

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 09, 2014, 09:25:29 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 09, 2014, 04:56:29 pm

They should require that and a basic IQ test before every driver's license renewal.

It'd weed out most bad drivers and 90% of women.

women drivers...in Pope County...Seem the most likely to speed...I can be on the 4 lane in between Russellville and Dover, doing 65-70(speed limit is 60)...and it's nothing to get your doors blown off by a soccer mom in a mini-van...usually talking on their Cell Phone...But I don't usually drive fast to begin with...Only get into a hurry on long trips...Driving to Russellville from my house...the difference between 55-60...and 65-75 is about 3-5 minutes and a couple gallons of gas...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: HF on February 09, 2014, 10:30:07 pm
usually talking on their Cell Phone...

That would be it.

Can't be bothered to hit the blinker because that free hand has a phone in it.

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on February 09, 2014, 10:30:07 pm
women drivers...in Pope County...Seem the most likely to speed...I can be on the 4 lane in between Russellville and Dover, doing 65-70(speed limit is 60)...and it's nothing to get your doors blown off by a soccer mom in a mini-van...usually talking on their Cell Phone...But I don't usually drive fast to begin with...Only get into a hurry on long trips...Driving to Russellville from my house...the difference between 55-60...and 65-75 is about 3-5 minutes and a couple gallons of gas...

Ever had your doors blown off by what might've looked like a red streak? 

Jacketman65

It's not just using their cell phones that bothers me, what about the ones that have to put on their make up while driving?  Or texting, just a couple of weeks ago coming home from Fayetteville came up beside a girl in a charger texting and doing about 60, so me doing 75 zoomed on past few minutes later she blows me off the road doing about 90.  As luck would have it catch back up to her again, this time she is all over the road and of course my wife is going nuts because she is doing about 50 this time. We pass here and once again texting.  I don't want to be around this accident about to happen so I think let's put some distance between us so I kick it in till I can't see her in the rear view any longer.  Wasn't long and here she came again doing at least 90 again. Thankfully she exited.  Crazy Woman

Valleysports

I saw a report where texting females had replaced Drunk Drivers in accidents or something like that - I'll look it up, maybe.

Breitontime

Testing a bike build out this a.m., it's frigid at 100mph+.

Lions84

This is the worst winter in the Delta since 78-79 when we missed 14 days at Clarendon.

HorseFeathers

My wife drives like that without texting!. . . . Last trip we went on that she drove, i had to stop her and tell her that she could drive eighty or forty i didn't care which just stop bouncing between the two of them . . . . And valley a red streak? Nope . . . I haven't on 7 but once in the past few months. . .

AirWarren

Quote from: Valleysports on February 10, 2014, 09:51:18 am
I saw a report where texting females had replaced Drunk Drivers in accidents or something like that - I'll look it up, maybe.

Iphone in one hand.
makeup in the other.
All behind the wheel.
while being a woman

More dangerous than a terrorist.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lions84 on February 10, 2014, 11:11:34 am
This is the worst winter in the Delta since 78-79 when we missed 14 days at Clarendon.

Still hasn't topped the 2000 ice storm.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 10, 2014, 02:38:01 pm

Well, as far as power out in NEA, I'd say 2009 was worse.

Kazimierz

I was in high school then. I made the great decision to hang out with some friends in Ferndale.  They lived on a really steep hill....

we lost power and were stranded there for a few days.  Luckily... they had a working wood-burning fireplace. 

cuckoobird

The 2009 storm was pretty bad. A coworker in paragould didnt have power for two plus weeks if i remember correctly

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on February 10, 2014, 01:41:24 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on February 10, 2014, 09:51:18 am

Iphone in one hand.
makeup in the other.
All behind the wheel.
while being a woman

More dangerous than a terrorist.

Should just learn to multi-task....Got a friend that used to A. Drink a beer, B. Text, C. Shift Gears and drive down the highway...lol

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Kazimierz on February 10, 2014, 04:05:09 pm

I was in high school then. I made the great decision to hang out with some friends in Ferndale.  They lived on a really steep hill....

we lost power and were stranded there for a few days.  Luckily... they had a working wood-burning fireplace. 

Same here.  Power out four days, some on the ridge out for weeks.  We didn't find out Gore had conceded till days after, no power, no news.

I spent a few days in LA that following summer and you could still see the damage.  Looked like the Air Force had went through; those soft-wood pines really took it.

AirWarren

BOY BOY. This blizzard that is going on right now. I swear these weathermen/women have a TOUGH job.

[sarcasm]

Jacketman65

So right, seems they can't predict it until after it happens!

Indiana Jones

by the weekend highs should be near 70

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Indiana Jones on February 11, 2014, 04:23:12 pm
by the weekend highs should be near 70

Yeah...but I was supposed to get 2 inches of snow last night to...Instead it's just cold...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas