• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Ridge Rat on January 07, 2014, 07:18:36 pm
Oh wow, were you home or the water run for awhile? Same thing happened today at the nursing home in Marshall.

Ran for a little while.  Got it capped and sealed, everything worked out.  It's odd, however, looking up and seeing your ceiling fan dripping.

Plumber said there were problems at hospitals and nursing homes in a number of towns.  Plenty of calls for them today.

DogsWin7

Good Morning Sleet!  My name is Diehard and I despise you with a passion.

HorseFeathers

Sleet and rain in russellville all morning. . .mostly rain now but it's starting to freeze on cars. .

Ridge Rat

Marshall let out at noon. Sounds like everybody else is bailing out too.

Uncle Ivan

January 08, 2014, 01:56:54 pm #1404 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:00:37 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 07, 2014, 08:13:19 pm
Quote from: Ridge Rat on January 07, 2014, 07:18:36 pm
Oh wow, were you home or the water run for awhile? Same thing happened today at the nursing home in Marshall.

Ran for a little while.  Got it capped and sealed, everything worked out.  It's odd, however, looking up and seeing your ceiling fan dripping.

Plumber said there were problems at hospitals and nursing homes in a number of towns.  Plenty of calls for them today.

This is what happens when you get a little too aggressive when shutting the water main off. 

Snapped entire pipe in half at meter, had to dig out and replace.  Headache City, baby!

Ridge Rat

Dang, that sucks. Wasn't any anger when ya were turning it was there? Wife called at 6:00 this morning, had a leak. Ran home from Little Rock, fixed it and back on job now. I'm really hating winter.

Valleysports

OK even I got sideways, with the trailer and SxS on the trailer, an hour ago.  It's slick as an ice skate out there.  Wife, Friend, everyone is slipping and busting their butts - walk like your own ice!

HorseFeathers

Dover had a bus lay over on Linker Mountain...Reported No Injuries...

Driving home at 4:30, everyone on facebook was acting like we didn't have roads, just sheets of ice on the road. I slipped in one spot that wasn't brake related(Moron in front of me kept slamming on his brakes everytime he seen a wet spot on the road...it was raining so let's just say he was alternating between the gas and brake)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 08, 2014, 06:25:43 pm
OK even I got sideways, with the trailer and SxS on the trailer, an hour ago.  It's slick as an ice skate out there.  Wife, Friend, everyone is slipping and busting their butts - walk like your own ice!

I'm confused, am I to walk like I "own" the ice, or like I am "on" ice?

Valleysports

Like you are on ice - first part was supposed to be with the truck and trailer.  Hunting buddy was like oh crap, but I gave her gas and turned into the slide - was close.  This was coming around a curve, there were already two cars upside down who had done the same thing.  Got home - wife had slipped off top step.  Y'all get a coating (rime ice) on everything over there?

Brian G

On what was a very minor amount of precip, it got nasty in the FtS/Alma area just after lunch today. Supposedly happened in minutes.

Alma buses could not take all the kids home and around two dozen are staying the night at the school tonight.

Valleysports

Wouldn't that be like staying in the Hilton?

Jacketman65

Quote from: Valleysports on January 08, 2014, 09:06:21 pm
No, that would really suck.  Slick roads and a cold school, go figure.

DogsWin7

They got the Palace!   I'd stay there.

The weather turned bad quick.   It started icing over here and in some parts of the county it was worse than others. 

It's alerted and rained all night.    I just want to keep power this time.

DogsWin7

It's sleeted!   Stupid iPhone is about to go in the can >:( lol!

Valleysports

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 09, 2014, 12:13:18 am
Quote from: Valleysports on January 08, 2014, 09:06:21 pm
No, that would really suck.  Slick roads and a cold school, go figure.
You been to the Alma School Jacketman?

Valleysports

January 09, 2014, 07:08:36 am #1416 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:28:18 am by Valleysports
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 09, 2014, 05:17:55 am
It's sleeted!   Stupid iPhone is about to go in the can >:( lol!

I was going to have to ask you if should I be concerned with it alerting all night.  LOL 

Went out to load the SxS, truck coated in ice, rain coming down mixed with alert.  Decided more birds might be flying in the afternoon.   :)

Brian G

Turns out the Sheriff's office took each kid home at Alma that had not made it there by bus.

DogsWin7

That's great news. 

Ice ice every where ice.   I feel sorry for the kids.....they just keep getting more days added to the summer if their schools haven't added snow days in or have alternate plans. 

HorseFeathers

Power is out in hector entergy is saying it won't be back on until six at the earliest. . .

Lions84

Love the Weather in DFW  We were below Frezzing all day Monday and we will hit 60+ degrees today.

Valleysports

Now Rain and Rain Hard!   :D

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on January 10, 2014, 12:07:34 pm
Now Rain and Rain Hard!   :D

shut-up......It IS ALREADY!!!!!!!!   :)

Valleysports

Dang I messed up - it is raining hard and flooding everything in the county.  Where I limited yesterday, not one duck came in today - they've spread out in the fields.  Soak in, Soak in Fast!

DogsWin7

Got a boat?   It is still raining. 

Valleysports

Yes - but they'll be in all the fields with 4 inches of water.  I'm going to try a certain field.  Honestly we do need a lot of rain, weather it messes up my hunting or not.  Our water table is so far behind it isn't funny.

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

Loved the weather yesterday all but for the WIND!   Hurry Spring :)

HorseFeathers

Fifty degrees here in pope county today. . . .not sure if i should enjoy it or be worried about when the weather takes a dip again lol

DogsWin7

60's predicted for tomorrow.  I can't wait!  :)

True Believer

No one can say this has not been a COLD winter.

Burrr!!!!

Lions84

My Sinuses are going crazy  28-35 degree nights and 50-60 degree windy days.

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on January 16, 2014, 02:04:24 am
No one can say this has not been a COLD winter.

Burrr!!!!
true but today was beautiful.   I stayed outside almost all day.   It's supposed to turn cold tomorrow but by Sunday and Monday....Sunshine!  Oh how I love Sunshine! :)

True Believer

Lots of flu going on around me. Knock on wood I will not get it but I have had this crud for 12 days. 

Cough and sneezing.  Hate it and ready for Sat which is suppose to be great!!

Breitontime

I'm missing the Day Parade at Gasparilla next weekend :-(. But, it's due to having to be in Miami for a work thing. So, all is not lost I suppose. Hope the nice weather is treating you guys well.

DogsWin7

Loving The Sunshine!!!   A beautiful day!

Now....why did I pick this year not to get my flu shot???

True Believer

Oh NO.  I 'm so sorry!!  Get better soon!

I was outside all weekend.  Saw 2 bald eagles across from the cabin today.  They were talking to each other!  I bet they were saying "Thank God it's not freezing today!".

Valleysports

The biggest population of Bald Eagles, in N America, are in Alaska because they love the cold....  LOL

HorseFeathers

Hmm...Looks like the Weather guys missed it tonight...Low of 35 for the Russellville area...it's already 32....lol

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on January 19, 2014, 07:41:33 pm
Oh NO.  I 'm so sorry!!  Get better soon!

I was outside all weekend.  Saw 2 bald eagles across from the cabin today.  They were talking to each other!  I bet they were saying "Thank God it's not freezing today!".

Thanks TB.......I don't have the flu...I was just commenting that  I didn't get my shot this year and I have a friend who I graduated with whose brother is on life support.  I don't know what I was thinking....I have always got one since my child was a premie.   It's really bad this year.   I feel so sad for all the families.   

High 71!!! 

Breitontime

Gotten a flu shot once in my life, got the flu something terrible. Only time I have ever gotten it.

True Believer

I always get one and the two times I haven't gotten it, I got the flu. The in the bed, high fever, hallucinating and coughing a lung up.

I work around too many people who have it not to get the flu shot. It's also mandatory at my clinic. 

Valleysports

I get it some years - not others.  Never get the flu either way.

cuckoobird

When i was in the military we were required to vaccinate.  I got the flu every time. Since being out i never vaccinate and have had nothing worse than the common cold.

Jacketman65

Never had one of the shots my self and I'm still here, I think it's all in how you take care of yourself and every now and then you need to take a shot - if you know what I mean. :)

Valleysports

It's about not picking it up on your hands!

DogsWin7

The sunshine was pretty today but the wind had a bite to it.   According to the weather app it's supposed to have a chance of snow on the 31st but hopefully that will change!   

Breitontime

Only got to 72 today, 50's tonight, burrrrrr.

True Believer

Of course it is suppose to snow then  DH because I'm flying out again.

Good grief!

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on January 22, 2014, 06:43:36 pm
Of course it is suppose to snow then  DH because I'm flying out again.

Good grief!
Oh No!   Maybe it won't!     Sometimes the weatherman misses the forecast. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas