• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MHSPANTHERS

Thank you, TB.  We made it to Arkansas without any problems and are having a very nice Christmas at my mom's house.  It's great to be back home for the holiday's!  Hope you and your family had a very, very nice Christmas as well.  Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

The weather, although still kind of cool, is very nice here in sw Arkansas.

DogsWin7

Glad you made it back home safely.     

It's been very nice weather the past few days.....I hope it doesn't turn to cold tomorrow.  I'm spoiled to the sunshine please.  :)

True Believer

Uh....yeah.   Can we just skip over Jan and Feb and get to March already?   I need warmth and baseball.  Like right now.

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on December 29, 2013, 06:21:00 pm
Uh....yeah.   Can we just skip over Jan and Feb and get to March already?   I need warmth and baseball.  Like right now.

Futbol starts in March...but we can wait..

HorseFeathers

Calling for snow in Central areas of arkansas tonight..,,You guys enjoy that lol...

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on December 29, 2013, 06:21:00 pm
please lord.   

Are the fields for Futbol going to be ready seven?  :)

Everyone Have a Safe and Fun New Years Eve!     I'll probably be asleep.   You can tell I'm such a party animal. lol!!   

True Believer

Bought a car with heated seats.  Best thing since sliced bread.

Jacketman65

Quote from: True Believer on January 01, 2014, 09:13:13 am
Bought a car with heated seats.  Best thing since sliced bread.
My wife loves them as well, even uses them on warm days!

True Believer

I wish I could sleep on them....lol.

HorseFeathers

I'll just be honest....Don't like the heated seats haha. But then again the Ford I drive doesn't even have a heater in it haha....

True Believer

The heat went out in my car when it iced up here last time.   I looked like a duck hunter going to work.  My daughter told me to not do that ever again.  I didn't care.  I was warm.

Valleysports

I love the heated seats on my lower back.

True Believer

There was snow on the ground this morning. 

Valleysports

Swamp is going to be locked up tight in the morning!  ::)

HorseFeathers

Old teacher of mine posted on facebook tonight that the expected low for where he lives in indiana is negative one tonight. . . . That's to cold for me

MHSPANTHERS

Thanks to DiehardFBfan as well for the good wishes above on my travels.  The weather, for the most part,, was very nice in Arkansas while I was there. Reached 60, I believe, one day.

Now its back to the grind here in New England where the weather is just awful.  Blinding, blowing snow and bone chilling temps.  You folks on here would not like this type of weather!

DogsWin7

January 05, 2014, 06:02:53 am #1366 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:06:54 am by DiehardFBfan
It's raining and it's cold!  I don't like winter weather!!

Please tell Mr. Freeze to go somewhere else.    I have a feeling I'm going to have snow.

HorseFeathers

Was 47 when I went to bed at about 1:30 last night...get up at 10:30...and it's 27...woo...It's snowing about 30 miles north of Hector...

sevenof400

Wait 'til you go to bed tonight and see what the temp is HF.......

True Believer

Shiver my timbers mates!   -15 wind chill tomorrow????   Can I please just stay home?

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on January 05, 2014, 01:17:32 pm
Shiver my timbers mates!   -15 wind chill tomorrow????   Can I please just stay home?

I didn't think you'd emerge from under the covers of a triple thick, thermal cover with an electric blanket thrown in for good measure, TB!

True Believer

Layers is the way to go.  My door to the backyard was frozen shut.  I had to pull on it 4 times very hard before it opened.  The dogs stayed out for like 2 seconds.   

I see a cardinal eating the berries off of a tree.   I should have bought some bird seed but I forgot.  Not going now.  I have some bread I can throw out for them.

I think we may have missed the snow.  Hallerluyer!!!    But the bitter cold is here,  Ugh!!  I'm wearing my long johns under the scrubs tomorrow.   They are so comfortable but paper thin!!

True Believer

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 05, 2014, 02:13:43 pm
Quote from: True Believer on January 05, 2014, 01:17:32 pm

I didn't think you'd emerge from under the covers of a triple thick, thermal cover with an electric blanket thrown in for good measure, TB!

Unfortunately for me, nurses HAVE to go in.  Risking our lives to save other's ....lol.  You get written up if you are scheduled to go in and then you call in.  So many of those and you get in big trouble. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 05, 2014, 01:08:13 pm
Wait 'til you go to bed tonight and see what the temp is HF.......

Ha I know...Was looking at the current conditions for where a lot of my family lives....In salem Missouri it's 12 with a current windchill of -7....It's supposed to get down to -7 for them tonight...

HorseFeathers

Rogers and Springdale have already canceled school per facebook...

Ridge Rat

Marshall has already closed. Still snowing here, nothing heavy, just adds to the misery.

DogsWin7

Feels like 14 degs!!!    I'm telling you this freeze bowl isn't my thing!!

In the morning it's supposed to be even colder....remember your pets. 

Ridge Rat

I think this cold spell just might save me some money and misery in the long run. The wife got it in her head to go to Jackson Hole and go on a sleigh ride through the elk refuge and snowmobile riding in Yellowstone next year for our anniversary. Tried telling her she don't realize how cold it is. I believe she has backed out now lol.

Valleysports

HF, when I got up this morning it was 52 degs - I went duck hunting.  I went again this afternoon and finished at 24 degs...  I have enough duck to last the next few days, so I think I'll take tomorrow off.  LOL everything is going to be frozen tight tomorrow....

Ridge Rat

11 degrees in Marshall, -3 windchill. Brrrrr!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ridge Rat on January 05, 2014, 08:38:20 pm
11 degrees in Marshall, -3 windchill. Brrrrr!!

18 degrees in Hector...Windchill is 6....Fairly certain that I've never seen single digits in windchill or air temperature....

My old band director lives in Indiana....and they're low for tonight is -14...They've been told that if they want to live they should stay inside...

Uncle Ivan

Sounds like a land-bound mini hurricane out there.

Ridge Rat

In Hector, really? I've seen colder in Marshall plenty of years. Back in 91 it was a windchill of -8 so they called off work when we were building 540 at West Fork. Sent everyone home but four of us. We went back on open cab scrapers and dozers and got after it.

HorseFeathers

I'm only 24, ...It's 16 degrees with a windchill of 4 currently. Where my grandpa lives in Salem missouri, is 1 degree, with a -17 degree windchill...BRRR

Seen a post on Facebook that said in Minnesota, temperatures are cold enough that in 5 minutes flesh could be expected to freeze

Uncle Ivan

Made a pot of fresh wild duck and dumplings earlier tonight.  Perfect weather for it.

Valleysports

LOL c'mon guys it ain't that bad.  I left work a few days ago, where it had warmed up to -15 and we were talking about how nice it was.  Sit back and enjoy it.  You don't have to work outside and complain about how hot it is or how the grass is growing too fast.  Take advantage of the opportunity to stay indoors and chill for a while.  Or go hunting :)

Ridge Rat

4 degrees with windchill of -12. Had to ease all the way to hwy 65, couldn't get the truck to go into 4x4. Windows are frozen and won't roll down, so I can't smoke lol. Gonna be a long trip to Little Rock. And I do work outside Valley!!

DogsWin7

Valley can take this weather and shove it!   11 degs. feels like -2.....to think I have friends who love it! LOL  :)

Valleysports

Quote from: Ridge Rat on January 06, 2014, 04:44:22 am
4 degrees with windchill of -12. Had to ease all the way to hwy 65, couldn't get the truck to go into 4x4. Windows are frozen and won't roll down, so I can't smoke lol. Gonna be a long trip to Little Rock. And I do work outside Valley!!

That is a difference, we having clothing for -73 windchill (two weeks ago).  I can loan you an Artic Parka Ridge Rat.

Hey folks, if you try to roll your windows down - you can break the window regulator from the motor.  Also plastic becomes brittle, so don't force anything.  And if you need heat, make sure it is electric, so many warm climate people kill themselves every year because they are not used to dealing Carbon Monoxide.

Ridge Rat

How was the duck and dumplings Ivan? I've never had that before.

Valleysports

My daughter has perfected duck poppers (yesterday) and my son is cooking the best deer burgers (tonight) I've ever eaten.  Gonna have to harvest a few more Doe's next soon..... 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on January 06, 2014, 08:42:32 am
Quote from: Ridge Rat on January 06, 2014, 04:44:22 am

That is a difference, we having clothing for -73 windchill (two weeks ago).  I can loan you an Artic Parka Ridge Rat.

Hey folks, if you try to roll your windows down - you can break the window regulator from the motor.  Also plastic becomes brittle, so don't force anything.  And if you need heat, make sure it is electric, so many warm climate people kill themselves every year because they are not used to dealing Carbon Monoxide.

No joke plastic becomes brittle...my wife broke another car door handle this morning....that's 2 gone off of my little beater car...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Ridge Rat on January 06, 2014, 06:18:19 pm
How was the duck and dumplings Ivan? I've never had that before.

A little greasy, as ducks tend to be.  These were fat ducks.  I had to skim a lot of fat off the top after boiling the bird.  Lots of flavor from it, however.

For lunch I had another bowl of it and bit down on a BB I'd missed while picking through the bird.  Chomped right down on it and a filling in a back tooth.  Hurt like a mother, but that's part of it when you eat wild game.

DogsWin7

My windshield was making a popping sound while driving.....I'm thinking that bad but I don't have a chip or crack in it anywhere and no I didn't have the heat up high on the dash.   Is that normal since it's so cold?? 

And weather says upper 40's late next week.   I hope!!

HorseFeathers

7 degrees right now.....Weather Channel app shows that they predicted 10 degrees to be the low tonight, with it dropping to 9 around daybreak...me thinks they might have missed it...

Lions84

Burr it cold enough for me down here in DFW and I read that some Schools will be going until June this year do to all the weather closings this year.

HorseFeathers

Twelves degrees in russellville. . . First day i've worked since this stuff hit...so i broke out the wool socks and thermal underwear. . .sweating while your nose and hands are freezing is an odd feeling

Valleysports

If you find your windshield wipers with ice on them, pull them back and pop em first.  Get the defrost on.  If you turn the wiper on and it's frozen in place, they can break.

Houses, down here, aren't insulated for this - open the cabinet doors under your sink, so warm air can circulate around your water pipes.  Leave your water trickling out of the faucet. 

Throw some kitty letter on ice spots, like on your steps to prevent slips.

Oh don't leave your parking brake on overnight - they can easily freeze in place. 

Put your heat on Emergency Heat, instead of Auto - no need to circulate it outside. 

Don't top your gas tank off and park it in your garage, where the gasoline expands.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 05:25:03 pm

Houses, down here, aren't insulated for this - open the cabinet doors under your sink, so warm air can circulate around your water pipes.  Leave your water trickling out of the faucet. 

And if you have water pipes in the ceiling for some reason (on a single story house) that you had no idea about, you may want to find them before they burst.

Which happened this afternoon.

Ridge Rat

January 07, 2014, 07:18:36 pm #1399 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:26:59 pm by Ridge Rat
Oh wow, were you home or the water run for awhile? Same thing happened today at the nursing home in Marshall.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas