• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

Ok, I am ready for 70 degrees at least now!!   I already have cabin fever!!!   I love crappie by the way FD.  The lake must be doing better than the last time I was down there.  Too low. Beautiful delta lake when the sun is setting!

cuckoobird

gatecrasher

Latest computer model guidance suggests a possible major Arctic blast late next week into the weekend, complete with precipitation.

One temp graphic I saw puts lows in Arkansas in the single digits and teens on 12/6.

If this verifies it could affect next week' state championship games.

Jacketman65

Now that would be some real winter weather if it happens!  Would hate it for the kids playing ball but kind of hope that it happens.

True Believer

So I slept in, had my coffee, watched  a Christmas Move.  The only reason I'm getting out today is to go to the Christmas Tree lot and buy my tree.

Then it's back to my nice warm cozy home.   Baking cookies and drinking some hot apple cider. 

Thankful.  And so very blessed. 

cuckoobird

I like chocolate chip.

True Believer

Had white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.  Sorry Bird. 

cuckoobird

White chocolate will keep the bird away

True Believer

No problem.  More for me.  :)

DogsWin7

I like any type of cookies but I am more of a coconut cream pie girl. 

The weather has been nice!  In the lower 70's I seen forecasted for early next week!   I can handle a little cold but I need my sunshine.

Bre....that food looks delicious.

cuckoobird

I love the taste of coconut but cant stand the texture. Its one of those things on my spectrum

Breitontime

Same here, bird. Love the flavor, can't do the texture. Same with strawberries.

True Believer

Gate, if that happens I will be one sad nurse.  A fellow nurse and I are flying out to San Diego on Wed. and coming back on Friday.  I don't want to come home, if we don't get canceled, to any white stuff. 

gatecrasher

Possibility is real. And the AAA better start looking at possible decisions about the 7A, 6A, and 5A title games this weekend as well....

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=ARZ044&warncounty=ARC119&firewxzone=ARZ044&local_place1&product1=Special+Weather+Statement#.UpyBWXm9Kc3

sevenof400

What realistic options exist? 

Brian G

Lions84

71 today in DFW and Sleet and Frezzing Rain warnings for Late Thursday into Friday Morning.

True Believer

Great.  We are flying into DFW.  IT"S TOO EARLY FOR THIS STUFF!!!!   

True Believer

Don't forget out taking care of our pets during this coldness!   Would you like to be out in this predicted mess???   I don't think so nd neither do they!!

Lions84

I get tired of the 3-5day pre storm pump up and NO Storm.

gatecrasher

It's looking more and more like the winter storm we don't want with each model run:
Ice storms are teh suck.

I think I'll go buy a generator.

True Believer

What's it doing in Salt Lake City, San Diego :) and Dallas this week?

fastdrop

I guess it is a FF shing ding at TB's this weekend since she will be gone.

True Believer

I have a huge dog that will eat you up.  Also daughter is in charge so no shing ding. 

Brian G

cuckoobird

I bet a party has already been planned

DogsWin7

Spring like temps today.....Winter storm tomorrow.    Blah. 

Everyone stay safe. 

HorseFeathers

75 Degrees at around 3 pm in Hector today. Was weird breaking a sweat while stacking wood.....

Now I check my weather channel app, and it's still 50 Degrees here....

Breitontime

All these idiots clearing out the bread isle and the milk. I bought charcoal, ribeyes, and center cut pork chops, along with some yellow squash, zucchini, potatoes, and a few other knick knacks that can be grilled. You guys enjoy your sandwhiches.

bleudog

Breitontime

Got that too, the crew made a run last night. Between the six of us, made off with a bit over $500 worth of goodies.

Had a rick of firewood delivered yesterday as well.

Brian G

NWA schools cancelled in advance which is out of charcter for the Big 4. They pulled the trigger at 5:00.

As of 9:20 a.m., there has not been but  smidgen of light rain at my house.  It's a bit frozen but currently it's a wait and see

DogsWin7

Raining at my house.    Greenwood cancelled school last night. 

Texarkana_Piggie

cold but just rain here.  not even heavy rain.  we'll see.

Ridge Rat

White and cold in the hills. No snow yet, rain and lots of sleet. Back roads are white and a little slippery.

HorseFeathers

Ground is white with sleet/ice in Hector.

Brian G

It's basically dropping ice pellets in my yard and has been for over and hour.  A little north of me is snow with 6 inches in Pea Ridge.  It's taken a bit, but it appears it's no here in spades and what it does varies quite a bit by location to its form.

Ridge Rat

Usually you can hear the semis on 65 a few miles away across the valley and coupla hills. Standing out here on the porch, all you can here is the coyotes and some geese flying somewhere up there, and of course the sleet which has slacked up some. Hate winter, but it sure does have it's moments.

Uncle Ivan

No ice, nothing but cold here in the flatlands.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ridge Rat on December 05, 2013, 08:12:44 pm
Usually you can hear the semis on 65 a few miles away across the valley and coupla hills. Standing out here on the porch, all you can here is the coyotes and some geese flying somewhere up there, and of course the sleet which has slacked up some. Hate winter, but it sure does have it's moments.

No sleet falling up there? My In-Laws live in Tilly, and they said it was a balmy 25 degrees at 5 this evening.....I"m sure it's much colder now...

Ridge Rat

She's really coming down again. I've lived here my whole life and I'm not sure I've ever seen this much sleet. No snow at all yet.
The wife and some of the other nurses are staying in the hospital in Harrison so they can be sure to be at work in the morning. Bad thing is, it's just gonna get worse.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ridge Rat on December 05, 2013, 09:08:22 pm
She's really coming down again. I've lived here my whole life and I'm not sure I've ever seen this much sleet. No snow at all yet.
The wife and some of the other nurses are staying in the hospital in Harrison so they can be sure to be at work in the morning. Bad thing is, it's just gonna get worse.

Forget work...If I'm going to be snowed in, or iced in somewhere it's going to be at home...at least there I can somewhat enjoy it....

True Believer

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 04, 2013, 06:52:56 am
I bet a party has already been planned
Quote from: B.G. on December 03, 2013, 08:51:09 pm
Daughter huh....

Nope.  Not my girl.  Now my son is another story.

Left San Diego this morning and it was 62.  They acted like it was a blizzard.  We just lookied at them like seriously.   Got to DFW around noon.  At 1pm 500 flights had been canceled.  I think we got the last plane out of Texas.  I am SO glad to be home before it hits.  Even though so far, nothing.  I'm ready though.  And I bought charcoal too.  And water.  Lots of water. 

Uncle Ivan

December 05, 2013, 09:50:26 pm #1244 Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:53:00 pm by Uncle Ivan

HorseFeathers

Slush starting to form on the road in Hector....drive way could be interesting in the morning if I decide to go somewhere...

Hoghead

I went in Krogers here in Bossier City, people were just raking stuff into their baskets ! They were almost out of bread. There were no hot dog buns !!!!   All of this for some RAIN !!!!!

True Believer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 05, 2013, 09:50:26 pm
Quote from: True Believer on December 05, 2013, 09:34:52 pm
And I bought charcoal too.

Sorry Hank.  I am a charcoal kind of griller!  :)   

The clinic stays open no matter what.  And in the snow the old Benz does great.  Not great on ice and sleet.  So I called in today.  Both kids are home.  The daughter's new puppy is here.  Cooked  big old breakfast.  Praise God still have electricity.  Watching movies.  Normally I go into work no matter what.  Even have people come get me.  But I am really glad I stayed home today.  Happy,happy,happy!

Uncle Ivan

Only takes around a quarter-inch buildup, and those lines are down.  Might want to keep the cell phones, etc on the charger.

Billyo62

Quote from: True Believer on December 06, 2013, 11:52:12 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 05, 2013, 09:50:26 pm
Quote from: True Believer on December 05, 2013, 09:34:52 pm
And I bought charcoal too.

Sorry Hank.  I am a charcoal kind of griller!  :)   

The clinic stays open no matter what.  And in the snow the old Benz does great.  Not great on ice and sleet.  So I called in today.  Both kids are home.  The daughter's new puppy is here.  Cooked  big old breakfast.  Praise God still have electricity.  Watching movies.  Normally I go into work no matter what.  Even have people come get me.  But I am really glad I stayed home today.  Happy,happy,happy!
Sounds like a great plan to me! No snow or Ice up here, just bone cold.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas