• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Well..........Cooler temps have arrived.   My count down to warmer temps has started.   7 weeks till Christmas! 

Running this winter will be a challenge!

HorseFeathers

had 38 degrees this morning in hector....

DogsWin7

October 30, 2013, 04:02:41 pm #1152 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:05:08 pm by DiehardFBfan
Raining......and 75 degrees.   

Everyone be sure and watch for all the little spooks and goblins :)  be safe tomorrow and Happy Halloween!

Valleysports

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 30, 2013, 04:02:41 pm

Everyone be sure and watch for all the little spooks and goblins :)  be safe tomorrow and Happy Halloween!

About to put up firewood, over next couple of weeks.  HF you're welcome to bring your chainsaw and cut some up, take a load home with you.  I put cut logs in a pile, all summer, then have a cutting/splitting party in the fall. 

Now DH you know what mode I'm going into?  It's about hunting season full time - already the rut, ducks around the corner.  Let it rain, fill up my swamp, turn cold, and bring the birds down south....  Whoo Hooo!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2013, 05:20:18 pm

Now DH you know what mode I'm going into?  Whoo Hooo!

Yep......I know your mode alright! Lol!  ;)

It's 77 degrees and the Wind is blowing like crazy!   Spooky!!!

fastdrop

guess I will mow my yard again this weekend

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2013, 05:20:18 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 30, 2013, 04:02:41 pm

About to put up firewood, over next couple of weeks.  HF you're welcome to bring your chainsaw and cut some up, take a load home with you.  I put cut logs in a pile, all summer, then have a cutting/splitting party in the fall. 

Now DH you know what mode I'm going into?  It's about hunting season full time - already the rut, ducks around the corner.  Let it rain, fill up my swamp, turn cold, and bring the birds down south....  Whoo Hooo!

Blah Firewood...lol...Think dad's done bought what he wants for the winter this year.

I split a rick out for him last month...swinging that splitting maul is the most work I've done in a while, but it's kinda fun once you get a rythm going...

DogsWin7

The trees have been beautiful.       

I'm Afraid it's going to be a long cold winter for me.

Lions84

Earliest Freeze in DFW since 2000!

DogsWin7

It was around 27 degrees this morning at my house.   I don't like it!   I miss the heat of the sun.

Lions84

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 13, 2013, 01:53:28 pm
It was around 27 degrees this morning at my house.   I don't like it!   I miss the heat of the sun.

It is a trade off my bones hurt but my allergies are gone till spring.

sevenof400

Quote from: Lions84 on November 13, 2013, 02:52:17 pm

I think TB is in hibernation until spring too.....

fnu lnu

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 13, 2013, 04:32:47 pm

I think TB is in hibernation until spring too.....

Speaking of TB, where's she been lately.  She is always an enjoyable read. 

True Believer

I am out from under the electric blanket.  It's toooooo sooooon for this.

I am not ready for this cold. 

DogsWin7

I agree!  Glad you're back!!!  :)

HorseFeathers

Balmy 31 degrees, with a predicted low of 23 for Hector tonight....Water already had ice in it when I watered my dogs around 45 minutes ago...

Texarkana_Piggie

cold temps =one happy girl ratchere!

DogsWin7

LOL!!   You are one tough chic...to love the cold!   At least the year or seasons are divided up to satisfy all of us at some point.  That's a good thing :)

Jacketman65

The hard part for me is the big swings in the temps. 40's during the day, 20's at night, then a few days later it's back to the 60's and 70's for highs and 50's for lows, just hard to adjust.

AirWarren

Amen on the bones. My degenerative disks been killing me.

True Believer

Last Sat and Sun were beautiful!  We climbed Sugar Loaf at Heber.  The view of the trees turning colors makes it hard not to love this time of year.  It's just that period after fall that I dread.  Dragging out my fur lined boots. 

Breitontime

This cold weather in Arkansas, warrants an extended stay at home in the Sunshine State.

sevenof400

Quote from: Breitontime on November 14, 2013, 07:24:43 pm
This cold weather in Arkansas, warrants an extended stay at home in the Sunshine State.

Coward.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 13, 2013, 11:40:18 pm
The hard part for me is the big swings in the temps. 40's during the day, 20's at night, then a few days later it's back to the 60's and 70's for highs and 50's for lows, just hard to adjust.

I think that is one of the main things for me.   If it could stay 70 and not go below that I could be alright. 

I can't believe the holidays are already here.   It seemed like a short summer to me.

Breitontime

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 14, 2013, 08:16:18 pm
Quote from: Breitontime on November 14, 2013, 07:24:43 pm

Coward.
You misspelled "good choice."

Jacketman65

sevenof400

sevenof400

80 DEGREES IN NOVEMBER!!!!
THIS IS ALL TB'S DOING!!!!

True Believer

:)   I'm sitting here minding my own business and eating chicken spaghetti.

Happy, happy, happy!   And no bad weather here.  :)

Texarkana_Piggie

i hate this heat in november!  it's late fall....i want cold, cold, cold weather!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 17, 2013, 07:50:28 pm
i hate this heat in november!  it's late fall....i want cold, cold, cold weather!

Me to...would be a perfect night...Clear, big bright almost full moon, and the 50 degrees kinda just ruins it...

Jacketman65

We are all fortunate that no one had any BAD weather out of this, perfect scenario for it. Just wish it would get cold and stay that way for a while.  It's really messing up my deer hunting and who knows about the ducks?  Too many snakes!

Lions84

Warm today and cooling down back to Frezzing by Sunday Morning.

DogsWin7

Headed to Smith Robinson Stadium.....my weather app says it feels like 35 degrees!    Rainy, wet, cold and it's Football Friday Night!   

Indiana Jones

looks like sleet, freezing rain and snow is coming tomorrow and Monday

True Believer

Colder than a well diggers........

Well you know. 

It's cold!!!!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Indiana Jones on November 23, 2013, 01:01:55 pm
looks like sleet, freezing rain and snow is coming tomorrow and Monday

Oh wonderful..... :(

My weather app says it feels like 23 degrees outside.   It feels colder to me!!   

Nothing to do but cook and eat....I guess. 

True Believer

I know!   At least when it's warmer I can go outside!   Now I know why they to expect a 10 lb gain between now and the new year.   

I need to get out today but I think I will just stay inside.  No sleet or snow expected here thank goodness!!

DogsWin7

I need a countdown calendar to Summer.   

It's going to be cold putting up Christmas lights.   

Breitontime

sevenof400

Quote from: Breitontime on November 27, 2013, 10:09:05 am
72 and sunny here.

Somehow, I imagine you can feel the cold, collective stare of death from TB and Diehard.....

Breitontime

To that I say, don't be bitter on Friendsgiving. It's a day of thankfulness for your friends, and whiskey, and women in very small bikinis.

sevenof400

Quote from: Breitontime on November 27, 2013, 10:30:31 am
To that I say, don't be bitter on Friendsgiving. It's a day of thankfulness for your friends, and whiskey, and women in very small bikinis.

Hear! Hear!

Breitontime

After a long, hard day on the sand, and the ski's. It's din din time.

sevenof400

fastdrop

crappie are biting .... been filling up the freezer the last 2 weeks.  Plus not another soul on the lake.

cuckoobird

Where? I hate fishing in the cold but would never turn down a mess of crappie

fastdrop

November 27, 2013, 07:06:01 pm #1197 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:10:32 pm by fastdrop

how to take a screenshot on a pc

Caught this cooler full in about 2 hours today around one pier ---- Horseshoe Lake --- 84 --- limit on the oxbow is 50 a person.

Did not need ice to keep the fish cold .... LOL

Actually posted a image of a cooler full we caught 2 to 3 weeks ago.  The cooler looked identical to today's catch though. In the last 3 weeks my buddy and I have caught around 500 out of one place.... unreal fishing.

Breitontime

fastdrop

Probably would make some good bait for you down there .... LOL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas