• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

It was quite a shock to step outside this morning!   It's August!  Hello? Lol!

DogsWin7

The first day of school is tomorrow.  It seems like it was a fast summer.  Please be watchful of children and I pray for a safe school year. :)

At least it won't be so hot on them for now.    I know the football fields are nice green!   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 18, 2013, 07:46:33 pm
The first day of school is tomorrow.  It seems like it was a fast summer.  Please be watchful of children and I pray for a safe school year. :)

At least it won't be so hot on them for now.    I know the football fields are nice green!   

I'll have to remember that, I drive through a speed trap that's by an elementary school every day...

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 18, 2013, 07:46:33 pm

But football is not until spring.....   ;D
Will the fields still be green then?

DogsWin7

Yes.....I hope in Spring the fields are green for Soccer!:)

You know what they say.....Once in a Blue Moon....well...that's tonight!  Go outside and check it out!  What a special day.

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 20, 2013, 03:30:36 pm

You know what they say.....Once in a Blue Moon....well...that's tonight!  Go outside and check it out!  What a special day.
what is this soccer you speak of?

sevenof400

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 20, 2013, 03:51:39 pm

Heretic.

cuckoobird

How does religion apply to this soccer?

Valleysports

cuckoobird

I haven't been back down there but plan on heading there this weekend to do a little clean up. My brother did go get the camera and he was on there again with some others that were decent but no wall hangers. Man I hope this guy hangs around until rifle season. I'm no bow hunter but my lil bro is. He will probably wound the dang thing before I get a shot at him. 2 years ago he shot at a good one that he never found until we were duck hunting one day and my dog found it. It scored 160. stinkin bow hunters!

Valleysports

Get a bow and start practicing NOW (how about a crossbow).  A buck like that will go nocturnal, once he discovers the first hunter.

Go Postal

August 23, 2013, 09:36:32 pm #1111 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:39:06 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: sevenof400 on August 20, 2013, 05:21:45 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 20, 2013, 03:51:39 pm

Heretic.
Worldwide Football.  A old religion for most of the world.  Catching on faster that you think in America from youth to pros. Sports News, fans and athletes alike.  ;)

cuckoobird

I have one and love to shoot it, just hate hunting with it

DogsWin7

The weather has been beautiful!   More than anyone could possibly ask and be Thankful for.   I worry a little about this Winter with the Summer seeming so mild.

I read an article that 21years ago today Hurricane Andrew hit South Florida costing upwards to $26 Billion making it the most costly natural disaster in US History.   

True Believer

It is lake weather!!!

So that makes me happy happy happy!

Brian G

Major storm blew by about a mile south of me.

ahsalum

Quote from: B.G. on September 01, 2013, 04:21:55 pm
Major storm blew by about a mile south of me.

That was the same storm that blew 2 chairs and my grill into my pool.

True Believer

September 04, 2013, 05:45:51 pm #1117 Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:32:17 pm by True Believer
You need to  go back to whatever board you came from.

:) 

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on September 04, 2013, 05:45:51 pm
You need to back to whatever board you came from.

:)

According to Sevenof400....Steve could be from the 1A or 5A Board?  Who knows :)

I'll go with 5A :)

Beautiful weather today.

True Believer

I'm just kidding him.  I don't know if he has a sense of humor.   

That's what he told me on some board I was posting on. 

And the weather is beautiful! 

Go Postal

He has a great sense of humor, but a lot of people don't get it.
Great weather here, hope that it will stick around.

DogsWin7

Loving this Football Weather!  Nothing like it! 

True Believer

You know what?   There is nothing better than on a beautiful day like today to drive across the delta on a two lane blacktop backroads.  Saw the Bayou Deview, Cache River and the White.

And very very little traffic.   Sunroof open, windows open and radio playing Tom Petty, Beatles and some Stevie Ray Vaughn.  Now that's living in the South to me!

Valleysports

Diehard - TB, y'all need to take up Duck Hunting.  I'm with you on summer, but if you'll find something in the winter, that you get addicted too Nov - Jan, it'll help your outlook.  Better get that firewood put up, freezing rain right around the corner. 

True Believer

Valley I have been duck hunting.  I'm sorry but gettin up that early and freezing is not for me. 

Even though it was beautiful watching the sun rise and watching the ducks come in.  But I was so cold I could not control my teeth chattering!   I thought I might scare the ducks away they were chattering so badly.

I will just stay in the lodge and drink coffee thank you.  Burrrrrr!!!

Valleysports

That's funny!  And easy to visiualize - she gone.   :D

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on September 07, 2013, 07:44:43 pm
Diehard - TB, y'all need to take up Duck Hunting.  I'm with you on summer, but if you'll find something in the winter, that you get addicted too Nov - Jan, it'll help your outlook.  Better get that firewood put up, freezing rain right around the corner.

Valley, the only thing that helps my outlook in the winter is looking forward to spring and summer.   I really don't like winter.  I MISS the sunshine.  I need to be one of those people that can leave when it gets cold and go lay on a beach somewhere.  I would stay out all day but I can't so I will have freeze even with an electric blanket!  I do like to see the pretty leaves change color in the fall.

I have been duck and quail hunting etc. with my Dad when I was little.  I loved being with my Dad...he would have to help me or carry me half the time across the water...lol!!! but he would make the hunting trip short and fun! :)

True Believer

Hey if anyone does want to go duck hunting I have a friend who has opened his own lodge and anyone interested I will pm you his number!

DogsWin7

Remembering Today.....September 11th.   We Will Never Forget.  God Bless.

Wonderful weather this morning.   Cooler temps on the way I heard. 

Valleysports

September 11, 2013, 04:01:19 pm #1129 Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:07:23 pm by Valleysports
What just happened?  Woke up from a nap and it was hailing, so I went to put my truck under something.  Wasn't thinking much of it, but rain/hail began to fall hard when I got to the garage.  Then I couldn't get the door open because of a vacuum pulling from the other side.  That got my attention and I thought I'd better go get clean underwear on, just in case, or even put pants on.  Looking out the window I see several trees twisted and broke off.  Back in bed, with Weather Channel on. 

Billyo62

Quote from: Valleysports on September 11, 2013, 04:01:19 pm
What just happened?  Woke up from a nap and it was hailing, so I went to put my truck under something.  Wasn't thinking much of it, but rain/hail began to fall hard when I got to the garage.  Then I couldn't get the door open because of a vacuum pulling from the other side.  That got my attention and I thought I'd better go get clean underwear on, just in case, or even put pants on.  Looking out the window I see several trees twisted and broke off.  Back in bed, with Weather Channel on.
wow, That's what you get for napping! Hope everything is okay, sounds a little scary.

Valleysports

Looks like we have some trees to clean up, the major concern now is electricity.  We've packed our bags and are about to drive to somewhere with Duck Dynasty. 

DogsWin7

We didn't get any rain here....need it though.   Hope you have power now...I guess you will have more firewood for your winter. 

DogsWin7

Cooler temps have arrived.   Nice day yesterday.   Hope everyone is able to get outside and enjoy this wonderful weather.

I'll have to try and soak it all in before Winter!!! Blah!

DogsWin7

Raining at my house.   Nice sleep in weather.

sevenof400

October = TB's revenge....

IT"S TIME FOR COOLER WEATHER!

HorseFeathers

Heard that it's supposed to be low's in the 40s and highs in the 60s this weekend...

sevenof400

I hope you are correct, HF!  Need some cooler weather!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 03, 2013, 07:29:15 pm
I hope you are correct, HF!  Need some cooler weather!

I agree...this muggy overcast weather just aggravates me and makes me feel terrible all day....

True Believer

The cool weather is on it's way.  I really have to say with the mild summer we had.  Hardly any lake time because it was too cold.  I am ready for fall. 

Not winter. 

HorseFeathers

Raining here in Hector right now..

cuckoobird

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
George Carlin

True Believer

I miss that crazy man.  My parents forbid me to watch him.

So you know I watched him.  :) 

Children obey your parents. 

True Believer

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 03, 2013, 06:05:50 pm
October = TB's revenge....

IT"S TIME FOR COOLER WEATHER!

75 is my lower limits.  It's been perfect for the past few days. 

Lions84

I got 4 inchs of rain a week or so ago and my neighbor 3 blocks over only got 3/4 of an inch. 
This summer it rained on one side of the street and was bone dry on the other.

True Believer

Hot chocolate with whip cream on top!   Had to put a jacket on.  Too cold for me tonight.

True Believer

I did get the electric blanket out last night.  Did not turn on the heat. 

Did go out this morning and just sit outside.  Beautiful day!

Valleysports

That's exactly what I need and will go get - an electric blanket..  Other people in my house, insist on keeping in cold.  They want the windows open all night now.  My feet stay cold.

Sat outside this morning as well, little bit cold until the sun came out.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on October 20, 2013, 10:43:59 am
That's exactly what I need and will go get - an electric blanket..  Other people in my house, insist on keeping in cold.  They want the windows open all night now.  My feet stay cold.

Sat outside this morning as well, little bit cold until the sun came out.

I like my house cold...but waking up to 45 degrees in the house is a overdoing it a bit...

True Believer

I bought mine at Walmart for about $20.  It's great.  It's one of those little ones.  I love it. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas